Titanium Variant Comparison Photos

Reaction score
This thread inspired me to start collecting Titaniums a few years ago including all existing variants.
Thank you DM for fueling this thread with new info on the Black Series Titaniums.

Please keep on the good work! :D

Cheers
Marco

Reaction score
I have a sealed Infiltrator in the long bubble (later) format that doesn't have any metal "scuffing" on it.
I bought it at Target if I recall. I'll have to look at it more closely because I am wondering if it is a swap of the old Episode 1 "clean" Infiltrator!
I never did post a pic of my non-battle-damaged Sith Infiltrator. I'll try to soon. I'm thinking that it has to be a legit factory error (a missed step in paint production) because it would be nearly impossible to remove all that factory tape & the adhered portions of the bubble without noticeable damage to the package. The package is pristine if I recall.

Reaction score
Well, it only took me three months.
Here is the barely battle-damaged Sith Infiltrator that I found at a Target. I had the normal banged-up version and I thought it was too heavy on the damage marks. When I saw this on the pegs it was like the universe answered my wish.

Reaction score
Here are front and back packaged images of the cancelled Spring of 2008 wave from Ebay auctions that started around March of 2020.
Hasbro was working on this assortment when the line look shifted to the Clone Wars/Legacy Collection style.
As far as I know no cases made it to retail but internal Hasbro samples exist.

- Cylon Basestar (Battlestar Galactica)
- TIE Fighter (No battle-damage on vehicle, hull on cardstock insert is noticeably darker in design)
- Gungan Bongo
- Death Star (cardstock insert design was created partly in "shadow" so station lights are easily visible)
- Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter With Hyperdrive Ring

Group_5W.jpg
Group_B_W.jpg

Reaction score
Wowzers, cheers for posting 'em, WW.
Would've loved the Basestar and Bongo. Do you recall what they sold for?

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to figure out what was happening late in the game and managed to score the TIE Fighter for $5 and change.
It sat with this seller's other items for at least two 7-day stints.
I don't think anyone knew it was a cancelled version.
I missed by days and weeks the Bongo, Obi's JSF and the Death Star which shockingly look to have been bought with the seller's "Best offer" asking price of $10.50 - $10.80.
Yes, you read that correctly.
I found out that the seller worked on the Micro Machines and Titanium line but he didn't seem to know exactly what was rare or common.
He had packaging test samples, Battlestar Galactica vehicle test fittings inside Star Wars Titanium bubbles and some of the rare Titanium figures (Shadow Trooper and Jango Fett) in full retail packaging. It was crazy
I watched the Galactica Cylon Basestar soar in price and it closed at $565.55. Amazing!
He also had an early test packaging sample of the "limited" raw metal deco Slave 1 but it was in the early Walmart line Titanium packaging with the 3-D Star Wars logo at the bubble's top.
Slav_W.jpg.Jang_W.jpg.Shad_W.jpg.Screen_Bongo.jpgScreen_1.jpg

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to figure out what was happening late in the game and managed to score the TIE Fighter for $5 and change.
It sat with this seller's other items for at least two 7-day stints.
I don't think anyone knew it was a cancelled version.
I missed by days and weeks the Bongo, Obi's JSF and the Death Star which shockingly look to have been bought with the seller's "Best offer" asking price of $10.50 - $10.80.
Yes, you read that correctly.
Oh my (unprintable) gawd, $10.80. Wow, still, good on ya for getting a piece of the action, and cheers for more info and pics. :)
There's only been one other Bongo ever available on eBay, what a score. Basestar's too rich for my blood at $565, but only a few of those have ever appeared too.
It's been years since I've looked for Titaniums (got 'em all), so sad to have missed the chance to nab those unicorns, too!

Reaction score
Damn! That seller also sold the Titanium R2-D2 and Clone Trooper with red trim for cheap. What else did he sell that were prototypes or unicorns? I went through all of his completed auctions and only really noticed the ones discussed here.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Damn! That seller also sold the Titanium R2-D2 and Clone Trooper with red trim for cheap. What else did he sell that were prototypes or unicorns? I went through all of his completed auctions and only really noticed the ones discussed here.
He had 3.75" figures like TAC McQuarrie, VOTC, mailaway rocket Boba from 2011-ish, Transformers and so much more.
I managed to get the Titanium Sandspeeder, green Y-Wing and green Landspeeder in transition packaging. Basically they put the blue Star Wars logo on a large white sticker and placed them at the bottom front of the package. The regular releases had the Star Wars logo on the foil sticker and then white sticker and the placement was at the top.
Note: X-Wing is regular release. Green Landspeeder with black background on SW logo sticker is regular release.
White_3.jpg.White_2.jpg.White_1.jpg