Titanium Variant Comparison Photos

Reaction score
Darth_Morpheus said:
I finally got my hands on a clean Classic Colonial Viper so here are some comparisons. I think the clean version most likey came to be because of a manufacturing error so there were relatively few ever made or possibly the production of the clean version was extremely limited. The releases are:

-Classic Colonial Viper 2006
-Classic Colonial Viper 2006 (clean)

As you can see in the photos the clean version lacks the black highlighting that was on the version that was widely released. The ship itself is somewhat plain but I'm glad they made it. There are no moving features to this ship - an opening canopy or, even better, landing gear would have added greatly to this ship.

Even the underside of the ship is different between the two versions.

Here are some pictures of the two variants in their packages:

This was exactly the shot I've been looking for - this thread does come in handy! One of these days I need to track down that clean version.

Reaction score
Thanks for the sticky Mr. Curto! I appreciate that. I hope this thread helps fellow collectors discover all the many versions of Titaniums that are out there.

I have some more comparison photos of ships to post on this thread since I recently completed the entire collection. I managed to score the elusive gold X-wing and I have some photos to prove it
. And yes it set me back a bit but the completist in me wouldn't let up
).

Here is a list of all the first version X-wing releases:

- X-Wing Fighter 2009 (Red 1, Moving S-Foils, Red Leader)
- X-Wing Fighter 2008 (Red 2, Moving S-Foils, Wedge's Battle Damaged)
- X-Wing Fighter 2008 (Red 3, Moving S-Foils, Biggs Darklighter)
- X-Wing Fighter 2008 (Red 4, Moving S-Foils, John Branon's )
- X-Wing Fighter 2008 (Red 5, Moving S-Foils, Luke's)

Now here are all the X-wing releases (both first and second version releases):

- X-Wing Fighter 2005 (Red 5, Original)
- X-Wing Fighter 2005 (Red 3, Five Pack Edition)
- X-Wing Fighter 2006 (Red 2, Wedge Antilles' Colors)
- X-Wing Fighter 2006 (Red 5, Battle Damaged, Five Pack Edition)
- X-Wing Fighter 2007 (Red 5, Dagobah)
- X-Wing Fighter 2005 (Gold Version)
- X-Wing Fighter 2008 (Red 5, Moving S-Foils)

My good friend Darth_Duranium made me an awesome ship last year because he knew I was missing that gold X-wing. I want you all to see how much talent he has. His version is definitely much more aesthetically pleasing to view than the official release, see for yourself. He did an awesome job! Thanks again DD!

Here is a photo of all of them on my shelves:

Reaction score
They look awesome DM! That is one fine X-Wing squadron!
And thanks for all your efforts in putting this thread together... it is a great resource! I'm so glad that Dan stickied it!
Must be nice to have a totally COMPLETE collection. I still think you should change your name to Prince Variant.

Reaction score
Here is a variant Forum members discussed back when it was shipping. The Paploo with Stolen Speeder Bike has a paint variant. Some have Paploo's feet and fingers painted a soft flesh tone where others feature a more peachy-orange coloring. It's not easy to tell in the photos but it's obvious side-by-side in person.

Reaction score
Hmmm... dunno, that Paploo seems more like a variation than a variant to me, but it's quite debatable. Thanks for the pics, WW. Cool.

Thanks to my good friend Darth Morpheus, I received a Disney Racers AT-AT last week (cheers for the surprise, DM!) and I was pleasantly impressed with how cool it is.

It's the most realistic of the DR bunch IMO, and it's bang-on for Titanium scale.

I might mod it a little (lose the silver exhausts and the rear footpads) but then again, I might not.
They chose pretty nice wheels, too.

Is there an EU transport that's similar to it? Anybody know?

Reaction score
Hey DD those are some nice pictures of the AT-AT. I hadn't thought of comparing it to the Turbo Tank but it actually fits quite nicely. I knew you'd like that one.

OK here's some Titanium trivia for anyone who can answer:

What three of the 3" Titanium vehicles have the Titanium logo on them?

Good luck! Its kind of a tough one

BTW I'll be very impressed if someone can get this.

Reaction score
Thanks again DM... it looks great with the Turbo Tank!

I don't know how impressed you'll be but I'm pretty sure that 2 of the Venator releases and some of the the White TIE Fighters had the painted Titanium logos.

I didn't collect the gold ships so I'm unsure about those.

BTW, there's also a gold X-Wing that was apparently released in a clear bag by Hasbro that's almost identical to the Indianapolis one, but is missing all of the painted text.
I've never seen one myself, but I do believe they exist.

General question: Does anybody know if any ships from Wave 12 (released this year) are different than the earlier releases?

Reaction score
Pretty good there DD! Actually there is one more left. I hadn't considered the two Venators as seperate ships but you are right that there are two of them with the logo (the Imperial Logo release and the Republic logo release).

Ok so we have:
1. White TIE 2006
2. Imperial logo Venator 2008
3. Republic logo Venator 2008
4. ???

One hint, it was released in 2006 and it is a ground vehicle. That should make it easy
Good luck

As for your question about wave 12, I had a pretty good look at the wave and I didn't see any differences except for the Republic Fighter Tank. The base is different and the paint scheme itself is quite different. The 2009 release is a darker red and it also has black highlighting along with the lighter colored base which was only released with this vehicle. IMO the 2009 is the better looking release.

About the "other" gold X-wing, I'm going to try to forget you mentioned it
the one I have cost me way too much so the thought of searching, waiting for one to apear on ebay, and paying for the variant will kill me

Reaction score
I'm totally stumped, DM. What's the last ship with the logo?

Thanks for the Wave 12 info... the base definitely makes it a variant!

Hehe... I won't mention that "other" gold Titanium again. Sorry, bro!

Reaction score
This was a tough question so I'm not too suprised there weren't any takers on this one.

And the answer is... the 2006 Clone Turbo Tank

There was a very limited release of this version. I have only seen a few loose tanks with the Titanium logo and I have never seen one still in the package so I am not sure how easy it is to see if it is the logo version when it is still packaged. The questions I have is why did Hasbro place the logo on so few ships? And of those few models, why was there such a limited amount of those vehicles that had the logo (white TIE and Clone Turbo Tank)? Was this Hasbro's version of "chase" ships or is Hasbro, in general, just random with no ryhme or reason?

So our list is:

1. Clone Turbo Tank 2006
2. White TIE 2006
3. Imperial emblem Venator 2008
4. Republic emblem Venator 2008

And there you have it, all four of the 3" TS vehicles with the Titanium logo.

Reaction score
Its been kind of quiet lately so its time to quote some classic Pink Floyd: IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE?

Here are some photos of some variations of the Sith Infiltrator. I saw the very dark one ebay awhile back and could see that it was different from the others I had. Here are some variation photos:

Someone at the plant must have gone crazy with the black "battle damage" paint or its possible that some previous owner customized it. From examining it I think it was painted this way in production just like other ships with "battle damage/weathering have different levels of black added to them. Anyway it makes for an interesting variation. Even the underside got a good dose of black. BTW the clean version is the rare Galoob release.

Reaction score
Interesting variation of the TS Infiltrator... mine's pretty dark but that sucka's fully baked, huh?
I'd agree that someone at the factory (or prison
) had their airbrush cranked up to max! I think a customizer would have painted the whole thing black.

Yeah, it's a real mystery as to why the painted TS logos only appeared the way they did. Makes no sense to me, either.
Thanks for the info about the logo on the Turbo Tank, DM... mine doesn't have it, and its existence was news to me. This chump was stumped.

BTW, which Ultras have the logo? I think the X-Wings and the first Republic Gunship have it. Are there any more? Any figures?

Reaction score
That toasted Infiltrator definately looks like an error, rather than any variation that would have been released en masse. When you bought it on Ebay, was it from one of those Hong Kong sellers? I've noticed some of them selling sub par samples that have paint errors like this.

Reaction score
The toasted Infiltrator (I like that description, nice one DS) was part of a lot of about 20 ships that I purchased from a seller in the US. All the other ships of the group were as normal as could be but even from the group photo the Infiltrator stood out. My first thought when I saw it was that it had to be a Rogue Shadow because it was so dark. Then after closer inspection I realized it had to be a "well done" Infiltrator
. I'd call it an error or an accidental variation but it definitely doesn't meet my idea of a variant so my thinking is the same as both of you.

Reaction score
Darth_Duranium said:
BTW, which Ultras have the logo? I think the X-Wings and the first Republic Gunship have it. Are there any more? Any figures?
I went and checked my Ultra collection. This was a nice excuse to take a good look at them again. Only the two Republic Gunships and the two X-Wings have the logo. I think Hasbro left them off the others because they created the display case for each ship that replaced the stand. The display case has the logo on the front of it so maybe they thought it wasn't needed but I am just speculating.

The ships with figures are the following:

Slave 1 with Boba
Snowspeeder with two Rebel Pilots
Advanced TIE Fighter with Darth Vader
Millennium Falcon with Obi Wan, Luke, Han, and Chewbacca (these are really tiny) Also the Millennium Falcon is one nice ship. It is loaded with features such as a lowering loading ramp, three landing gear that lower, a removable canopy that reveals the figures, and a section of the ship that can be removed to see an inner part of the ship. It is very solid and nicely detailed.

In all the whole Ultra line is excellent I just wished they would have made a few capitol ships.

Reaction score
Agreed, DM! The Falcon's awesome. The first time I popped the cockpit canopy off, I was just amazed to see Han and Co. in there!
We all slag off Hasbro a lot, but they beat out Galoob from time to time, too. Mind you, Ultra was pricier than AF.

I thought Ultra's Galactica was frakkin' great so I totally agree that it sucketh mightily that Hasbro didn't do more capital ships. Breaks my heart.

Thanks for the info re: TS Ultra logos, DM. I'm doing a final update of Warstar's TS list and I'll be sure to share your sage wisdom once again.
Your logo "speculation" makes total sense to me. The second X-Wing comes without a stand and has the logo, but it's probably a hold-over from the first release.
Are you sure the TCW Gunship has the logo? I thought mine didn't. I'll have to check.

Actually, I was wondering if any of the Titanium Ultra Forged Figures (i.e. IG-88) had the painted Titanium logos on them.
Sorry my earlier question was unclear, but your small figure list is still cool to see. My bad.
I guess the Ultra X-Wings, ARC-170, and JSF have attached R2 figures too, BTW.

Can I provide an excuse for you to check your Ultra Figures for me?

Reaction score
The worst part of me about this line being canceled is the fact that they never made a TS Ultra Star Destroyer. I think there was a prototype made but it was never release....

Reaction score
Darth_Duranium said:
Interesting variation of the TS Infiltrator... mine's pretty dark but that sucka's fully baked, huh?
I have a sealed Infiltrator in the long bubble (later) format that doesn't have any metal "scuffing" on it.
I bought it at Target if I recall. I'll have to look at it more closely because I am wondering if it is a swap of the old Episode 1 "clean" Infiltrator!

Reaction score
Please let us know what you see when you check it out. That would be very cool if they did swap an older Galoob clean version in the later Hasbro packaging! If that is the case please post a picture :encouragement:

Reaction score
Here is a set of photos of a variation of the Battlestar Galactica. I doesn't fall under the category as a variant but I found it interesting anyway.

-Battlestar Galactica 2006 - light grey version
-Battlestar Galactica 2006 - very dark highlights version
-Battlestar Galactica 2007 - Comic-Con 3 Pack black version

Again its a minor variation but I found it an interesting find.

Reaction score
on the river in Arizona, Paradise as I like to cal
Hi guys I just finished reading thru the entire thread.. what had me interested in this is I got out all my titaniums and action fleet and micromachines stuff.. didnt realize how much I had till I unpacked it.. I noticed that there are three packs back on store shelves of some of these vehicles.. are they all going to be reproduced again???

and has anyone seen the new Diecast halo stuff? its pretty interesting ( I havent bought any though but its next to the star wars stuff at Wal Mart )

is there any talk of re releasing the BSG line? anyway really nice psot of the pictures and variants THANKS

looking forward to any new posts here

Reaction score
I noticed that there are three packs back on store shelves of some of these vehicles.. are they all going to be reproduced again???
Hi Nerf. We don't know yet, all we've seen are the 2 waves (of repacks) that you've seen. Looks like we'll get one new vehicle and 2 repaints this year, but they're unconfirmed.
Walmart.com: Star Wars Titanium Series Die-Cast Vehicle 3-Pack, Shadow Squad: ARCHIVE SHELF/CAT
Kinda worryingly, there's been no word of any other future waves yet.

and has anyone seen the new Diecast halo stuff? its pretty interesting
Do you mean the Halo ships with the little Lego-like bumps? I nearly picked up a purple ship recently, but the bumps put me off, in the end. I might grab some if they get cheaper. You grab any?

is there any talk of re releasing the BSG line?
Nope, Hasbro's licence ran out a few years back and the line didn't sell well: they had major issues even getting the BSG Ultras onto shelves 'cuz retailers didn't want 'em. It's sad. Personally speaking, I loved that line.

Reaction score
Do you mean the Halo ships with the little Lego-like bumps? I nearly picked up a purple ship recently, but the bumps put me off, in the end. I might grab some if they get cheaper. You grab any?

Hi Darth Duranium...

No I havent seen the halo stuff with bumps on them unless you mean the Mega Bloks line ( lego rip offs lol ) the ones I have seen are in boxes with nice windows and the ships and figures remind me of the old micro machines.. they are die cast and more on the line of Matchbox type vehicles just a bit bigger and they come with tiny figures ( about dime or nickel sized ) and no I havent picked them up.. sheesh I have enough Halo stuff ( bungies )...

About the BSG ultra line I only ever say the Galactica.. ( and I got one thankfully had a chance to grab a second but passed and now regret it ) were there others?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I forgot the earlier diecast Halo vehicles. I thought you meant these "bumpy" new ones: Metal Series - Halo Mega Bloks
Yep, I've got a few from the earlier non-bumpy lines, they're pretty cool. Hehe, I forgot they were considered "diecast" 'cuz there's hardly any metal on 'em!

Just one other BSG Ultra: a 5" Cylon fella in a weird pose. Like the Galactica, it got lousy distribution and ended up at discount stores in mass quantities. At one point, Ultra Galacticas were selling for peanuts (like $10) on eBay IIRC... after I'd paid twice that amount, of course. Still don't know why it's painted purple but it's still a great ship. An Ultra Pegasus or Basestar would've been so sweet.
I got the sense that Ultra as a whole was a major flop: the price plus the lack of new toolings, figures, and play features killed it, IMO.

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I forgot the earlier diecast Halo vehicles. I thought you meant these "bumpy" new ones: Metal Series - Halo Mega Bloks
Yep, I've got a few from the earlier non-bumpy lines, they're pretty cool. Hehe, I forgot they were considered "diecast" 'cuz there's hardly any metal on 'em!

Just one other BSG Ultra: a 5" Cylon fella in a weird pose. Like the Galactica, it got lousy distribution and ended up at discount stores in mass quantities. At one point, Ultra Galacticas were selling for peanuts (like $10) on eBay IIRC... after I'd paid twice that amount, of course. Still don't know why it's painted purple but it's still a great ship. An Ultra Pegasus or Basestar would've been so sweet.
I got the sense that Ultra as a whole was a major flop: the price plus the lack of new toolings, figures, and play features killed it, IMO.
yup those are the Die Cast halos I was referring to.. I saw them in the store ( walmart ) and liked the idea but didnt like what I saw..

As for Ultra BSG I did pick up the line from Joyride ( RC2 ) they are plastic but the same scale as the star wars ultra line ( the viper is about as big as the X-wing and the Cylon raider is about the size of the Ultra Falcon ) I didnt care for the action figures ( more like the unleashed statues from star wars ) but I did like the ships.. infact I have some in the package still I am thinkin of putting on Ebay they are going for a minimum of $50.00 dollars right now and I could use that money to fund my star wars or lego addiction ( the new Lord of the rings have come out in Lego lol ) but I am going to keep my Ultra Galactica.. I really like the detail.. and yes I would have loved to have had an Ultra Pegasus and an Ultra Cylon Base star.. that would have been nice. funny I found the Joyride BSG line at my local Hobby shop I guess they were considered models more than "toys".. there was also a die cast line of Star Trek in a larger scale than titanium but not quite the size of the Ultra.. didnt go in for them ( I already have enough Trek stuff )

Reaction score
Yeah man, the new Halos are... disappointing... shame really, they were a good size. I passed on the Ultra figures, too: I just collect ships, that keeps it simple, except when I cheat. I grabbed those 5 Joyride ships from a local hobby shop too; mine are now loose. Agreed, they're awesome: they'd be very hard to sell, even for a new Lego Lego-las the Elf... ok, sorry for that.

Hehe, be careful what you say in the forums about your hypothetical eBay auctions... angle those deflector shields! :) Good luck with your auctions.

AJB

Reaction score
3rd venator with emblem

This was a tough question so I'm not too suprised there weren't any takers on this one.

And the answer is... the 2006 Clone Turbo Tank

There was a very limited release of this version. I have only seen a few loose tanks with the Titanium logo and I have never seen one still in the package so I am not sure how easy it is to see if it is the logo version when it is still packaged. The questions I have is why did Hasbro place the logo on so few ships? And of those few models, why was there such a limited amount of those vehicles that had the logo (white TIE and Clone Turbo Tank)? Was this Hasbro's version of "chase" ships or is Hasbro, in general, just random with no ryhme or reason?

So our list is:

1. Clone Turbo Tank 2006
2. White TIE 2006
3. Imperial emblem Venator 2008
4. Republic emblem Venator 2008

And there you have it, all four of the 3" TS vehicles with the Titanium logo.
Interestingly, I just found one of the third versions of the painted Venator with the emblem on the bottom (closed red circle instead of broken red circle shown here), making it 3 versions of the Venator with the emblem. It makes me wonder if the 4th version of the Venator (the all grey version) has ships with this emblem :confused:.

Reaction score
Interestingly, I just found one of the third versions of the painted Venator with the emblem on the bottom (closed red circle instead of broken red circle shown here), making it 3 versions of the Venator with the emblem. It makes me wonder if the 4th version of the Venator (the all grey version) has ships with this emblem :confused:.
Here is another capitol ship, the Attack Cruiser. There have been four versions of this ship being:

- Republic Attack Cruiser 2006 (Republic Emblem with Red Circle, lighter version)
- Republic Attack Cruiser 2008 (Republic Emblem with No Red Circle, darker version, black sticker packaging)
- Republic Attack Cruiser 2008 (Imperial Emblem, silver sticker packaging)
- Imperial Attack Cruiser 2007

The Attack Cruiser has been released twice in Republic design and once in Imperial design. The ship is almost all metal and is very nicely detailed in all three of the paint schemes. There are no special features with this ship.

An insteresting note is the Clone Wars Republic Attack Cruiser has Titanium marked on the lower hull (see the middle ship in the left photo below). The only other ship that has this that I know of is the White TIE Fighter and only some of them are marked.

THE COMPLETE STAR WARS & BATTLESTAR GALACTICA TITANIUM SERIES VARIANT LIST March 2012 - www.sirstevesguide.com
(20) Republic Attack Cruiser / Imperial Attack Cruiser (Venator-Class Destroyer)

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 1 MASS RETAIL Edition Grey/Red deco with Open Circle Fleet logos – *some have small painted "Titanium Series" logo on the bottom of the ship which cannot be seen when it’s in its package. -

-Titanium Single Pack 2007 Wave 2 MASS RETAIL Edition has Grey deco (no red or logos) and is packaged as "Imperial Attack Cruiser" – no TS logo -

-Legacy Titanium Single Pack 2008 Wave 1 MASS RETAIL Edition Grey/Red deco with Republic Bendu logos - darker wash, *some have small painted "Titanium Series" logo - ("1st Day Release" variants of Wave 1 have a silver foil "SW" sticker instead of the usual black "SW" sticker on package.)
I highlighted the answer that you are looking for :ninja:.

Reaction score
Here's (what's possibly) the last Titanium variant, the 2012 Trade Federation Battleship. No wash, darker grey... that's about it. ;) No more variants, so sad. :\

Reaction score
Any possibility to reinstate this thread, showing comparison photos of older Titaniums vs their 2015 counterparts in the black and red boxes? Is there enough of a difference in any of them?

Reaction score
Bosski you are right, it's time to update the thread with comparison photos of all the Black Series variants that have been released. But first, I'm going to post some pictures of the one variant I hadn't posted yet which is the Trade Federation Battleship (thanks Darth_Daranium for helping me out with this one way back in 2012, see two posts above). So here we have it:

- Trade Federation Battleship 2012 (3-pack)
- Trade Federation Battleship 2007 (Hasbro)
- Trade Federation Battleship 1998 (Galoob)

This is one of my favorite releases, it looks very nice displayed. It has a number of moving parts and it is a very solid ship, thanks to Galoob who originally designed it (that is how they made all of theirs). It has retractable landing gear and a small Republic Cruiser that docks in the Battleship. Definitely one of the heaviest Titanium there is. Also both paint schemes are very nice. The 2012 release is much darker than the 2007 release. Of all the three pack releases in 2012, the is the only variant of them.

Reaction score
Tonight I am posting the first post for the Black Series Titaniums. I'm starting with the 2015 4-pack. This 4-pack was interesting because it had black stands whereas the rest of line had semi-clear stands until the release of the Death Star which also had a black stand.

I'll start with a comparison of all the X-Wings with this mold.

- X-Wing Fighter 2015 (Red 2, Moving S-Foils, Wedge's Non-Battle Damaged) (Mislabeled Biggs Darklighter's X-Wing on the package)
- X-Wing Fighter 2015 (Red 5, Moving S-Foils, Luke's Non-Battle Damaged, Black Series #7)
- X-Wing Fighter 2008 (Red 4, Moving S-Foils, John Branon's )
- X-Wing Fighter 2008 (Red 5, Moving S-Foils, Luke's)
- X-Wing Fighter 2008 (Red 6, Custom)

Here is comparison of the two Black Series releases:

- X-Wing Fighter 2015 (Red 2, Moving S-Foils, Wedge's Non-Battle Damaged) (Mislabeled Biggs Darklighter's X-Wing on the package)
- X-Wing Fighter 2015 (Red 5, Moving S-Foils, Luke's Non-Battle Damaged, Black Series #7)

And here is a picture of the two Red 2 releases:

This ship has a bunch of moving features. It has an opening canopy, retractable landing gear, and moving S-Foils, which makes a fun and functional ship.

Reaction score
Here are some photos of possibly the most famous ship from Star Wars the Millennium Falcon. There have been seven different versions of this mold most being released in 2006. They include the following:

- Millennium Falcon 2015 (Black Series)
- Millennium Falcon 1996 (Galoob)
- Millennium Falcon 2005 (Titanium Original)
- Millennium Falcon 2006 (Episode III)
- Millennium Falcon 2006 (Battle Ravaged)
- Millennium Falcon 2006 (Raw Metal Silver, Five Pack Edition)
- Millennium Falcon 2006 (Gold Edition, Transformer Edition)

This group of ships is one of the tougher groups to get together mainly because of the "gold" release that was only available with the Millennium Falcon Transformer set. The model in itself is all metal except for the swiveling turrets and dish. What collection would be complete without this important ship? The newest release is the Black Series version which has a soft white paint application. It is quite distinct from both the original Galoob release and the 2005 Titanium release. Not only is the color different but the paint applications on the ship itself are very different. The following two photos are a comparison of the new Black Series release and the 2005 Titanium release:

Reaction score
Here are some photos of possibly the most famous ship from Star Wars the Millennium Falcon. There have been seven different versions of this mold most being released in 2006. They include the following:

- Millennium Falcon 2015 (Black Series)
- Millennium Falcon 1996 (Galoob)
- Millennium Falcon 2005 (Titanium Original)
- Millennium Falcon 2006 (Episode III)
- Millennium Falcon 2006 (Battle Ravaged)
- Millennium Falcon 2006 (Raw Metal Silver, Five Pack Edition)
- Millennium Falcon 2006 (Gold Edition, Transformer Edition)

This group of ships is one of the tougher groups to get together mainly because of the "gold" release that was only available with the Millennium Falcon Transformer set. The model in itself is all metal except for the swiveling turrets and dish. What collection would be complete without this important ship? The newest release is the Black Series version which has a soft white paint application. It is quite distinct from both the original Galoob release and the 2005 Titanium release. Not only is the color different but the paint applications on the ship itself are very different. The following two photos are a comparison of the new Black Series release and the 2005 Titanium release:

How come you didn't include the Black Series MF from The Force Awakens with new radar dish?

Reaction score
I didn't because its a different mold which I will get to soon. I'll throw in a few photos of the two different molds then.

Reaction score
"What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon??"

Great to see you back Darth_Morpheus!

Reaction score
I didn't because its a different mold which I will get to soon. I'll throw in a few photos of the two different molds then.

Oh wow! I didn't know Hasbro created a new mold for the MF! Are any of the other classic or prequel trilogy vehicles in the Black Series packaging new molds?

Reaction score
Thanks for welcoming me back guys! You knew I would eventually come back :sneaky:

I'm going in order so tonight is the last of the ships from the 4-pack. The next ship I will post after this will be the Millennium Falcon from the Force Awakens.

Tonight we have the 4-pack release of the TIE Fighter. There have been eight releases of this mold which are:

-TIE Fighter 2015 (Black Series)
-TIE Fighter 1996 (Galoob)
-TIE Fighter 2005 (Original)
-TIE Fighter 2006 (Dirty deco)
-TIE Fighter 2008 (Rouge Squadron)
-TIE Fighter 2006 (Gold Edition)
-TIE Fighter 2006 (White)
-TIE Fighter 2006 (White with Titanium Logo)

The TIE Fighter was one of the first releases in the Titanium series. It is almost all metal except for the opening hatch. Of the different versions the white really stands out for me. On a side note there are two versions of the white TIE. One has a Titanium logo on it like the Republic Attack Cruiser and the other doesn't. The Black Series TIE is almost identical to the 2005 Titanium release except the paint is slightly lighter. It is definitely the lightest of all the blue releases.

Here are some closer pictures of the Black Series release and the 2005 Titanium release:

The Black Series release of the First Orders Ties are a different mold and have plastic "wings". Here are some pictures comparing them to the original version.

Reaction score
Here are some photos of the Millennium Falcon from The Force Awakens. There have been two different versions of this mold from the Black Series and this is a new mold because it is much different from all the other releases (Galoob & the original Hasbro release starting in 2005) that can be found earlier in this thread. They include the following:

- Millennium Falcon 2015 (Black Series Clean Version)
- Millennium Falcon 2016 (Black Series Battle Damaged Version)

The clean version was released first in the initial wave of the Black Series while the battle damaged version was released about a year later. There are a number of differences between the two. Here is a list:

1. The black spots for the equipment access bays in the front of the clean version are not present on the battle damaged version.
2. There are two areas of battle damage on the battle damaged version that are not on the clean version.
3. There are two yellow areas on the battle damaged version that are not on the clean version.
4. There are some minor paint color differences such as the clean version is creamy white and the red areas are slightly lighter than the battle damaged version.

Here are some photos of the new Black Series mold as compared to the older mold (Galoob & the original Hasbro release starting in 2005):