Tion Medon

GNT

Reaction score
<font color="red">Thread might contain possible spoilers!
.</font>

If the link goes dead please see the links below...

Tion Medon played by Bruce Spence is a helpful alien in Episode 3 who helps Obi-Wan Kenobi hide on the rumoured planet "Utapau".

For those that want to get an idea of what the character looks like, we can't show you the real thing but you can check out a drawing someone did over at theforce.net - Tion Medon to get an idea. For those that have Hyperspace and get the Insider you'll have seen him already.

Tion Medon is rumoured to be one of the 4 preview figures according to galactichunter.com. What does everyone think about the character and seeing him as a figure?

Thoughts?

GNT

Reaction score
Re: ROTS Tion Medon

Anyone excited about seeing this character now that we've had abit more confirmation that Tion Medon will probably be one of the 4 preview figures? Can we expect staff clobering action?

Reaction score

i want this figure with sweet likeness,articulation and some accessorys.

Reaction score

Tion Medon sounds like an interesting character, but I think that the preview figure of him will be a peg warmer, like the Zam Wessel preview figure was for AOTC.

Reaction score

Anyone know what this character even does in the film yet? All I've heard is the "helpful alien" bit. Whatever that means?

Reaction score

I've seen stills of this character. The look of him is amazing. It will be interesting to see how his character fits into the story.

GNT

Reaction score

Darth_Broem said:
Anyone know what this character even does in the film yet? All I've heard is the "helpful alien" bit. Whatever that means?
Tion Medon helps Obi-Wan Kenobi hide on the rumoured planet "Utapau". That's basically all we really know at the present time. He was so impressive on the Set George had to give him more things to say.

Reaction score

I thought the planet was Mustafar and Tion Medon was the admin of the planet.

Not the helpful red ugly alien.

Reaction score

From what I understand, Tion is definitely not from Mustafar. In fact, there may not be a species indigenous to Mustafar at all.

Tion is both the 'helpful alien' and the administrator of the planet.

But he isn't red... I'm a little confused about that...

GNT

Reaction score

The red alien who I think your talking about is a senator (the mask was originally going to be for Darth Sidious but never happened) and would make a great figure btw. I think those small creatures with the one large eye live on Mustafar?

Reaction score

Yeah, I have seen Tion's picture in the Insider and he does look snazzy. It should make for a nice figure. Yes, whomever that red alien senator is would also make a good figure I think. Anyway, they are keeping Tion's story line pretty tight lipped it sounds like. That's fine with me.

Reaction score

I agree with Musashimaru. Tion will probably be a peg warmer. At first I thought the astromech would be, but if it's Obi-Wan's, then it might sell rather well.

THj

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
He was so impressive on the Set George had to give him more things to say.

[/QUOTE] So GL thought he was impressive? Crap.
And is it just me, or does this guy(the drawing) remind you of the Lucius figure from the vintage Battlestar Galactica line?

THj

GNT

Reaction score

R4-P17 has returned for Episode 3 she will be flying in Obi-Wans Jedi Starfighter and there was also the bronze/copper droid that the fans voted for.

Reaction score

Yeah, I totally forgot about voting on the astromech colors. Hasbro will probably slap a "Fan's Choice!" sticker on a preview figure.

GNT

Reaction score

Here's a montage of Tion Medon pictures from ROTS, the images are from the Epic Designs for an Expanding Universe webdoc which is now free over at the official Star Wars website. Feel free to discuss the webdocs further in the Webdoc thread otherwise heres a picture of Tion Medon...

He'll be great in plastic!

Reaction score

Hey, haven't we seen a figure of Medon already?

I'm certain I saw it somewhere...

Oh, here it is.

Reaction score

I would love to see this figure be made!with cane, Articulated wrists, waist, legs, and ball-jointed elbows and shoulders.

GNT

Reaction score

Oh Inigo Montoya that's San Hill, chairman of the Intergalactic Banking Clan seen in AOTC and soon to be ROTS. Tion Medon isn't quite the same as San Hill(see picture above) more freakier and 110% not CGI

Reaction score

LOL!! I can't help but not take this guy seriously. Tion Melon...
Okay, he brings back memories as the Gyro Captain whom Mel Gibson and his pet keeps picking on till he ended up saving his life. Poor Bruce. Even that Feral kid hated him when he told him not to touch his propeller blades.

After he kicked Neo's butt in the subway station, I still can't take him seriously. Must be his resemblance to J.J.(Good Times) in Road Warrior.

Anyway, I saw a figure of him (Gyro Captain) long time ago when Mad Max action figures were unleashed. Too bad it doesn't look anything like him.

I'll buy him anyway when Episode III comes around.

Reaction score

Seen a picture of this character in the last issue of french insider. I foresee a very static posed figure from hasbro. Definitely one figure that can only sell well in a preview wave.

GNT

Reaction score

If you've seen the BTH photos Starwars.com posts I think he'll be in a similar pose - hand out holding his cane and if Hasbro are feeling lucky they might add a quick draw arm feature so that Medon can hit other figures with his cane.

Reaction score

OK I am confused... I thought we were getting a Han Solo repack for one of the preview figures.

Seen Tion in several articles and look forward to getting him no matter what his role is in the moview. ITS NEW STUFF!!! And yes, I got my Zam preview figure, thank you very much.

Reaction score

I like him, very evil for a helpful alien that is for sure.

But I have not seen any pics of him from the movie so im not sure how accurate this figure is.

Reaction score

Apart from the look on his face he is an amazing sculpt. Look at his "skirt"- looks lso real! Nice gun and knife?/ cane?

GNT

Reaction score

stylie_steve said:
But I have not seen any pics of him from the movie so im not sure how accurate this figure is.
I hope this is enough:

Sorry Hasbro the head really needs some work but everything else looks perfect.

Reaction score

Besides for an extremely bland looking character, I think the figure looks like another good shot on Hasbros part. I think these are much better than the preview figures from Episode II.

Reaction score

Oh and here is a good picture.

***Sorry that's a Hyperspace image (The BTH picture of Tion Medon if anyone is interested)***

GNT

Reaction score

Got to watch out, that's a Hyperspace image (you can probably get away with distorting it like the TF.n folk do eg (Black and white, blur etc...).

Reaction score

I'm impressed, the detail is great, the face could be touched up, but overall excellent, and the accessories are the best.