Timothy Zahn's Survivor's Quest

Reaction score
Timothy Zahn\'s Survivor\'s Quest

I just bought the PB edition of this book of his.
Without giving away any advance details, what do you think about it?
His best SW novel (besides the Thrawn Trilogy, I mean)? His worst?

Comments welcome. Thanks.

Reaction score
Re: Timothy Zahn\'s Survivor\'s Quest

Anything by Timothy Zahn is great. Not one of his books has dispointed me yet. At I really like my copy of Survivor's Quest, because I got it autographed by him.

Reaction score

Thanks guys. I guess I'll read it before Republic Commando then.

Reaction score

I really liked Survivor's Quest, any of the new bboks that tie in any of the PT movies to the post ROTJ EU are alright with me.

THj

Reaction score
Survivor\'s Quest question

Well, this is an old thread. But hey, since we're all about using the threads we already have, here goes:
So I just finished Survivor's Quest, and, I guess before I go further, I'll say I liked it alot. Zahn is, like yall say, great. Especially the characters in his books, both his new creations and his use of OT characters, I think. Anyways, on to my big question, which involves some spoilers I guess, so let's do this

--------------------SPOILERS-------------------

Did I just miss it or did Zahn never tell us what exactly the Jedi on Outbound Flight did to 'betray' everyone else? They rant about it and hate on the Jedi, but Luke and Mara never even ask 'Say, out of curiosity, why do yall hate the Jedi so much?' They only mention that they turned on the colonists, and that was about it, sa far as I know. Did he leave this out just to make us read OF? I really hated such a big apparent plot hole. Any help?

------------END SPOILERS-------------

So anyways, let me know, and yall have a great day!

Nance

Reaction score
Re: Survivor\'s Quest question

THj said:
So anyways, let me know, and yall have a great day!

Nance
All is explained in Outbound Flight, another Zahn book well worth reading.

Reaction score

I was not impressed with Survivor's Quest. Outbound Flight was much better and far more interesting.

Reaction score

Originally Outbound Flight was supposed to come first. I've been told why it was delayed but my memory fails me. I liked Survivor's Quest. I'm reading OF right now and when I finish I am going to re-read the Heir to the Empire series and then Survivor's Quest again. I'm sure it will all make more sense in that order.

Reaction score
Resurrecting this 12+ year old post to comment that I just picked up Survivor's Quest in HC, used (at a HP Books). I prefer collecting HC's to Paperback's, and was happy to find this one used for a great price.

In any case, I've never read this before & just started. Great book (so far), and after I finish this I'll read Outbound Flight (which I have in Paperback).

Tim Zahn is definitely one of my favorite SW authors, and my #1 favorite of the '90's-on SW novelists. I've already read much of his previous SW books (HTTE Trilogy, Spector of the Fast, Vision of the Future), so - though it's been a long time coming - I'm looking forward to finally reading these next books in his post-ROTJ saga.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks - I still need to read the first two Thrawn books by Zahn. I have the first one, but need to get Allegiance.

Reaction score
Its been a long long time since Ive Survivor's Quest and the Specter of the Past duology books.

Which one of those had the impersonator actor to dress up like Thrawn?

And didnt Survivor's Quest have like a bunch of Thrawn clones in statis pods or something?

Reaction score
Read this last year and thought it was good.
But Outbound Flight is a lot better. I REALLY liked that one. I rarely get "emotional" about a book, but it really pulled at the heartstrings toward the end.
I actually read Outbound before Survivor's, so things were already revealed, but both were still good reads.
Enjoy.

Reaction score
I guess getting Thrawn books so many years later, and especially after the EU purge is a good thing. But I would really still like to see some type of Movie appearance, or even a TV series about him! If they announced that I'd be all in. Which I know isn't gonna happen because he's not Disney era character like Cassian.

It's saddening that Disney is so bent on pushing their less intriguing characters at the expense of the franchise as a whole.