Time is a flat circle. How TPM was viewed when released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
As I and others have said many times this is no different then what happened when the prequels came out.

Time is a flat circle." Everything we've ever done or will do, we're gonna do over and over and over again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=onGF58ee0vI
I remember this very board when TPM was released. I remember livid debates, lots of hatred for the film. Almost overwhelmingly so, but I don't at all remember fanboy being as toxic. While I do remember Lucas and the film being accused of racial stereotyping (Jar Jar Binks; Uncle Tom, Watto; Jewish, Nemodians; Asians), there's a defining difference. The fans weren't calling each other racist for liking or disliking the film. I don't recall it being so personal so often. That is the sociological mark left by the "Me Too" movement, the modern Presidency, contemporary zealot-level social justice, militant politics, race-motivated riots, mass hate-crime shootings, etc. That is the environmental climate these days, to point and accuse people of things that...well...aren't really there...because they're traumatized by what's happening outside their door. This is a film and a film alone. It's not politics, yet it's thrust into pop culture conversations with increasing vigor. Unhealthy obsession! These days there are entire websites posting nothing of true substance on popular culture, limited to little more than "This is sexist, that is bigoted, you're a bad person if you like or dislike...." and nothing more. So while I do recall a contentious atmosphere around the debut of TPM, it's simply inaccurate to state they're copy and paste. They're not.

But besides the point; regardless of the state of the fandom in the fallout of The Phantom Menace, the film is far from beloved to this very day. It's still continually bashed and criticized. In fact, what mostly seems to garner attention in regards to EP1 these days is someone defending the film because it's just that uncommon. It's more novel! And fact of the matter is The Last Jedi will be just the same. Whether the fan community chills out or not, which they inevitably will eventually, it doesn't mean EP8 will ever become beloved.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I too remember the backlash against The Phantom Menace. I had many a discussion with members long gone re the pros and cons of the film. Always cordial and polite...none of this vitriol spewed forth from both sides....just good natured debate. But 20 years is a long time ago and I guess things(people) change. You could put it down to many things, social media, social justice, all sorts of crap. Bottom line is people just don't seem to respect each other any more....and that's a sad state of affairs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I too remember the backlash against The Phantom Menace. I had many a discussion with members long gone re the pros and cons of the film. Always cordial and polite...none of this vitriol spewed forth from both sides....just good natured debate. But 20 years is a long time ago and I guess things(people) change. You could put it down to many things, social media, social justice, all sorts of crap. Bottom line is people just don't seem to respect each other any more....and that's a sad state of affairs.
Exactly! Well said! I remember some people going at it pretty hardcore, but I'd never seen anyone accused of being (example) racist because they liked (or disliked) Jar Jar or Watto. I'm not saying it didn't happen, though I never witnessed it, but I am saying it was far from as prevalent as it is today. But could you imagine what would happen today? Just imagine if someone called Padme about as interesting as cardboard? In this day in age, instead of engaging in why the character is so flat and bland, some would simply just dismiss that comment as sexist and move along. Contemporary society is so fixated on labeling instead of talking. So obsessed with judging and putting down instead of conversing. It's a rather sad state of affairs. So no, I wouldn't say it's exactly like how it was in the summer of 1999 at all. As Ian Malcolm said in Jurassic Park, "It's a lot worse."

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't remember TPM debate all being good natured. I remember people being incredibly hateful about Jar Jar and about how George Lucas ruined their childhood. Ahmed Best almost killed himself over it. The Internet has clearly made things better and worse in every way.

I do agree that everything is more personal for more people now. The keyboard warriors have no repercussions. Star Wars is very personal for a lot of people and there are others that are just hateful. It's an unfortunate reality of the time we live in.

Reaction score
I don't remember TPM debate all being good natured. I remember people being incredibly hateful about Jar Jar and about how George Lucas ruined their childhood. Ahmed Best almost killed himself over it. The Internet has clearly made things better and worse in every way.

I do agree that everything is more personal for more people now. The keyboard warriors have no repercussions. Star Wars is very personal for a lot of people and there are others that are just hateful. It's an unfortunate reality of the time we live in.
There was not anywhere near the same amount of racially/socially etc charged arguments during the TPM era. These days you can't even hint that you dislike TLJ (or Captain Marvel or Black Panther) without being labeled a sexist or a racist or a bigot or worse.

Reaction score
fabricated nonsense. pause the video at exactly 5:50. the part where "Keith Phillips from the AV Club said:... (etc).."

--> you can clearly read the part that was blurred out by the videographer: "Just About Everything Else Here Is Terrific.
Lucas Nicely Expands The Mythology Of The Star wars Universe And Cleverly Plots The Installment To Effectively Set Up Menace's Sequels.
The Frequently Groundbreaking Special Effects and Action Setpieces Don't Disappoint..."

ie: this is a overall POSITIVE REVIEW that was butchered and clipped, with the negative counterpoints presented out of context.

(a) this is textbook "intellectual dishonesty" , fabricating Alternative Facts to fit his own pre-written conclusion regarding TLJ; and
(b) if TPM was so universally loathed, then WHY does he need to blatantly MISREPRESENT these articles he is citing...? AT ALL?

his intellectual dishonesty indicates that he couldn't FIND genuinely negative reviews... (or he WOULD NOT resort to this blatant misrepresentation of positive reviews)...
...so he presents the negative counterpoints from an overall-positive review instead..!? LOL!! nice try. :p

There was not anywhere near the same amount of racially/socially etc charged arguments during the TPM era. These days you can't even hint that you dislike TLJ (or Captain Marvel or Black Panther) without being labeled a sexist or a racist or a bigot or worse.
this.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Online. You forgot to say online. That was my point (I think)

I've had debates with plenty of people in person that are totally socially constructive. I can easily back up my personal feelings that the CG in Black Panther was not great and that Captain Marvel was awkwardly positioned and has a lot of misdirected messages. Neither of those movies are perfect, but that didn't garner me a social label because I have more tact than to confront people with Black Panther is Blacksploitation!! or Captain Marvel is Feminazi Propaganda!! because I'm not attempting to get likes or have my clickbait article make me some revenue. Once we as a group start to shun that kind of nonsense and ignore the trolls that clearly are looking for someone to talk to so they'll attempt to enrage just to get conversation, then we may actually get to a point where movies can be fun again.

I can't say I thought TPM was great immediately after coming out of the theatre. I have softened on it a lot since because I can take a lot of fun stuff from it. The pod race was fun even with some of the awkward parts. Darth Maul was cool. Liam Neeson elevated his role. It was cool to see the Jedi Council and what the Galactic Senate looked like.

I can say the same about TFA and TLJ. I liked parts of these movies. I wish the story was stronger in all the movies outside the OT, but I have the ability to like parts of the whole.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No matter how contentious things got back in 1999, from name calling to belittling intelligence, I can't say I ever saw some of the things commonly said today. No one ever made harsh character driven accusations, the worst they'd do was call you an idiot. These days they try to slander your name by broadcasting misquoted or misunderstood comments as sexist, racist, or non-progressive because...what? You didn't like Rey? You called her a Mary Sue character? People go as far as to trying to get people fired from their jobs. We think we have it bad? Imagine how comedians feel! They often talk about this era of over-sensitivity and how it's completely plaguing the industry. Constantly feeling like they're walking on eggshells, might offend someone. Stephen Fry said it best, "You're offended? So what?" People can talk about films, critique films, and dislike or like films that have minorities...without it being some sort of hidden agenda taboo subject. It's just a movie. There's this infatuation anymore with making everything somehow a movement. It's freaking Star Wars!

Last edited:
Reaction score
fabricated nonsense. pause the video at exactly 5:50. the part where "Keith Phillips from the AV Club said:... (etc).."

--> you can clearly read the part that was blurred out by the videographer: "Just About Everything Else Here Is Terrific.
Lucas Nicely Expands The Mythology Of The Star wars Universe And Cleverly Plots The Installment To Effectively Set Up Menace's Sequels.
The Frequently Groundbreaking Special Effects and Action Setpieces Don't Disappoint..."

ie: this is a overall POSITIVE REVIEW that was butchered and clipped, with the negative counterpoints presented out of context.

(a) this is textbook "intellectual dishonesty" , fabricating Alternative Facts to fit his own pre-written conclusion regarding TLJ; and
(b) if TPM was so universally loathed, then WHY does he need to blatantly MISREPRESENT these articles he is citing...? AT ALL?

his intellectual dishonesty indicates that he couldn't FIND genuinely negative reviews... (or he WOULD NOT resort to this blatant misrepresentation of positive reviews)...
...so he presents the negative counterpoints from an overall-positive review instead..!? LOL!! nice try. :p
This seems to be part of the MO for the sequel trilogy fans and particularly 'The Last Jedi' fans. Apparently everyone hated 'The Empire Strikes Back' as well. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
No matter how contentious things got back in 1999, from name calling to belittling intelligence, I can't say I ever saw some of the things commonly said today. No one ever made harsh character driven accusations, the worst they'd do was call you an idiot. These days they try to slander your name by broadcasting misquoted or misunderstood comments as sexist, racist, or non-progressive because...what? You didn't like Rey? You called her a Mary Sue character? People go as far as to trying to get people fired from their jobs. We think we have it bad? Imagine how comedians feel! They often talk about this era of over-sensitivity and how it's completely plaguing the industry. Constantly feeling like they're walking on eggshells, might offend someone. Stephen Fry said it best, "You're offended? So what?" People can talk about films, critique films, and dislike or like films that have minorities...without it being some sort of hidden agenda taboo subject. It's just a movie. There's this infatuation anymore with making everything somehow a movement. It's freaking Star Wars!
There's a tendency on all sides to go straight for the nuclear option when anything is said that goes against their way of thinking. It's largely an online thing and largely an American one as well, I'm sorry to say. But, it is creeping into discourse this side of the pond as well, unfortunately.

This stems from the tribal nature that the web allows, because you can find a group online that will be broadly agreeable with your opinion, no matter how batsh1t crazy it happens to be and this is not going to get any better in the future. But all it does is allow some folk to simply dig their heels in an double down on their position, without even trying to understand what the other side are saying or why they're saying it. And everything, these days, has been tainted by the cheap school yard politics that's rife across social media and that's rotting real world politics as well. Again, this is largely a phenomena that's occurring in the US. But it is becoming disturbing visible elsewhere too as US political terms and slurs become ever more visible.

I see people getting accused of being "Liberal" on non-US based sites these days, which is frankly laughable, because in Europe a Liberal is not the same as a Liberal in the States. I also see folk getting getting immediately labelled as either "left" or "right" based on a single sentence or a single position on any given subject, including Star Wars movies FFS, which has to one of the most absurd twists in online discussions that I've seen in the 20 years that I've been using the web.

One theory I have as to why this is happening, aside from the "groups" point made above, is because online discussion has become less and less educated and nuanced and more and more based on soundbite yelling. The type of "discussion" one sees on the likes of Twitter, which is one of the worst things I've ever seen happen to the internet. With that platform, you don't have enough space to type a cogent argument or a position and therefore everything has to be reduced to the most inane paragraph of blatant black and white principle, where the subtly of a well considered set of points is completely lost.

Even more lamentable is the fact that this platform is now having an actual affect on real life politics. Even the current occupier of the Whitehouse is on it daily talking complete bollox and making a mockery of the important office he's found himself in. It's a truly disturbing - or at least it SHOULD be - turn of events.

As for 1999, I remember it well. I'm a bit older than most on this forum, so I wasn't a child when the prequels were made. But people HATED 'The Phantom Menace' and with very good reason too. Reasons that were explained and elaborated on in many a discussion. But, by and large, those discussions weren't just limited to ridiculous name calling or straw-manning of another person's political leanings. If one thought that Jar Jar was absolute sh1t, you weren't labelled as an "ist" of some pejorative description. People also hated 'Attack of the Clones', which had the dubious honour of being the worst "Ster Warz film evar!!!" until 'The Last Jedi' came out. But, again, nobody was ever thought of as a ne'er-do-well for not liking it.

And this "over-sensitivity", as you put it, isn't limited to a side or a subset of folk. It crosses all boundaries and "wings". The worst thing about it is that I don't see an end to it. In fact, I just see it getting worse as people weaponise their offended nature. Stephen Fry is entirely correct in what he says. Be offended. It doesn't matter.

Reaction score
People aren't getting called racist,sexist,etc because they didn't like the movie. The only people getting called out are people that make numerous comments that are thinly veiled. When people only make posts about Social Justice Warriors, feminist agendas,and forced diversification it's pretty clear they have some problems with women and minorities. Those are just code words created by emboldened white nationalists and run of the mill bigots to spread hate with a wink and a nudge. When some people just regurgitate those code words and parrot talking points from renowned bigots like Alex Jones, then other people are going to think that person is racist or sexist.

Go through this forum and you'll see that legitimate complaints about the movie are met with debate. Nobody got called sexist or racist because they didn't like how Luke was written or Snoke not being a big deal like they thought he would be. Nobody got called sexist or racist because they hated Poe's yo momma joke or Leia flying. If Last Jedi haters would just make posts like HothHan does then things would be more civil.

Reaction score
Go through this forum and you'll see that legitimate complaints about the movie are met with debate. Nobody got called sexist or racist because they didn't like how Luke was written or Snoke not being a big deal like they thought he would be. Nobody got called sexist or racist because they hated Poe's yo momma joke or Leia flying. If Last Jedi haters would just make posts like HothHan does then things would be more civil.
https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1140811&page=24&p=20159836&viewfull=1#post20159836

Last edited:
Reaction score
gee can't imagine why people are being called racist this time around

https://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/12/20/star-wars-the-last-jedi-rose-tico-kelly-marie-tran-racism/

http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/2015/12/24/will-star-wars-the-force-awakens-destroy-the-white-race-with-its-mighty-cuck-staff/

or why people are being called sexist....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwThhlhBZqk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-t4bU3-lHA

http://www.staresattheworld.com/2015/12/star-wars-the-force-awakens-the-pre-******-fantasies-of-a-broken-boy/

could it be because when the PT came out there weren't racists and sexists making racist and sexist reviews with thousands of people agreeing with them on the sexists and racist things they said.....

btw the point of this thread wasn't about the racist and sexist things people are saying now it was about the division of the fanbase. But hey thanks for derailing this thread

Last edited:
Reaction score
.....posts about Social Justice Warriors, feminist agendas,and forced diversification it's pretty clear they have some problems with women and minorities. Those are just code words created by emboldened white nationalists ...
It's a shame that this forum has devolved into such toxicity. Political views go around into a full circle as can be seen above where left veers right in the space of a sentence. Even during the TPM debates it was still fun.

If someone chooses to be offended by me I'll laugh at their emotional response and thank them for submitting and for willingly giving me that power over them. Because it is a CHOICE. Their choice.

If someone sees and complains about a political agenda inserted into an entertainment medium it DOES NOT mean they have an issue with said politics - it means that they just want to be entertained and leave that political irrelevance behind at the door whilst doing so. Not everything in life has to have a higher purpose or a double meaning. If you think otherwise you fail to see the innocence and the joy that such entertainment is able to provide and you are a part of the problem I'm afraid. Your agenda has no business interfering with my escapism.

I always liked TPM anyway - as an adult, whilst appreciating fully that it was not made with me in mind.

Last edited:
Reaction score
lmao he must see the invisible words in your post. It's like Hogwarts.
Your previous post made it seem like you wanted to discuss this forum issue seriously. I linked you to a discussion where I was confronted with all of the same "code words" you outlined... but they were in response to me criticizing a theory about Solo's box office.

Suddenly, the "code words" become "invisible words" when they don't support your statement.

Reaction score
Your previous post made it seem like you wanted to discuss this forum issue seriously. I linked you to a discussion where I was confronted with all of the same "code words" you outlined... but they were in response to me criticizing a theory about Solo's box office.

Suddenly, the "code words" become "invisible words" when they don't support your statement.
i'll ask again where did I call YOU sexist or racist?

but again as we discussed this earlier that wasn't even directed at you

is that really the only example you have btw? seriously?

Last edited:
Reaction score
There's a tendency on all sides to go straight for the nuclear option when anything is said that goes against their way of thinking. It's largely an online thing and largely an American one as well, I'm sorry to say. But, it is creeping into discourse this side of the pond as well, unfortunately.

This stems from the tribal nature that the web allows, because you can find a group online that will be broadly agreeable with your opinion, no matter how batsh1t crazy it happens to be and this is not going to get any better in the future. But all it does is allow some folk to simply dig their heels in an double down on their position, without even trying to understand what the other side are saying or why they're saying it. And everything, these days, has been tainted by the cheap school yard politics that's rife across social media and that's rotting real world politics as well. Again, this is largely a phenomena that's occurring in the US. But it is becoming disturbing visible elsewhere too as US political terms and slurs become ever more visible.

I see people getting accused of being "Liberal" on non-US based sites these days, which is frankly laughable, because in Europe a Liberal is not the same as a Liberal in the States. I also see folk getting getting immediately labelled as either "left" or "right" based on a single sentence or a single position on any given subject, including Star Wars movies FFS, which has to one of the most absurd twists in online discussions that I've seen in the 20 years that I've been using the web.

One theory I have as to why this is happening, aside from the "groups" point made above, is because online discussion has become less and less educated and nuanced and more and more based on soundbite yelling. The type of "discussion" one sees on the likes of Twitter, which is one of the worst things I've ever seen happen to the internet. With that platform, you don't have enough space to type a cogent argument or a position and therefore everything has to be reduced to the most inane paragraph of blatant black and white principle, where the subtly of a well considered set of points is completely lost.

Even more lamentable is the fact that this platform is now having an actual affect on real life politics. Even the current occupier of the Whitehouse is on it daily talking complete bollox and making a mockery of the important office he's found himself in. It's a truly disturbing - or at least it SHOULD be - turn of events.

As for 1999, I remember it well. I'm a bit older than most on this forum, so I wasn't a child when the prequels were made. But people HATED 'The Phantom Menace' and with very good reason too. Reasons that were explained and elaborated on in many a discussion. But, by and large, those discussions weren't just limited to ridiculous name calling or straw-manning of another person's political leanings. If one thought that Jar Jar was absolute sh1t, you weren't labelled as an "ist" of some pejorative description. People also hated 'Attack of the Clones', which had the dubious honour of being the worst "Ster Warz film evar!!!" until 'The Last Jedi' came out. But, again, nobody was ever thought of as a ne'er-do-well for not liking it.

And this "over-sensitivity", as you put it, isn't limited to a side or a subset of folk. It crosses all boundaries and "wings". The worst thing about it is that I don't see an end to it. In fact, I just see it getting worse as people weaponise their offended nature. Stephen Fry is entirely correct in what he says. Be offended. It doesn't matter.
FANTASTIC post!

Reaction score
It's a shame that this forum has devolved into such toxicity. Political views go around into a full circle as can be seen above where left veers right in the space of a sentence. Even during the TPM debates it was still fun.

If someone chooses to be offended by me I'll laugh at their emotional response and thank them for submitting and for willingly giving me that power over them. Because it is a CHOICE. Their choice.

If someone sees and complains about a political agenda inserted into an entertainment medium it DOES NOT mean they have an issue with said politics - it means that they just want to be entertained and leave that political irrelevance behind at the door whilst doing so. Not everything in life has to have a higher purpose or a double meaning. If you think otherwise you fail to see the innocence and the joy that such entertainment is able to provide and you are a part of the problem I'm afraid. Your agenda has no business interfering with my escapism.

I always liked TPM anyway - as an adult, whilst appreciating fully that it was not made with me in mind.
Another fantastic post. This is almost the point. We may not agree on TPM, I hate it, but it never devolves into some "You racist!" comment. It was fun! It's a healthy debate. It's become, with some, entirely unhealthy. I'm pretty sure some SJW's see sexism in their cereal.

Last edited:
Reaction score
People aren't getting called racist,sexist,etc because they didn't like the movie. The only people getting called out are people that make numerous comments that are thinly veiled. When people only make posts about Social Justice Warriors, feminist agendas,and forced diversification it's pretty clear they have some problems with women and minorities. Those are just code words created by emboldened white nationalists and run of the mill bigots to spread hate with a wink and a nudge. When some people just regurgitate those code words and parrot talking points from renowned bigots like Alex Jones, then other people are going to think that person is racist or sexist.

See this is the essence of what the board DOESN'T need!

Reaction score
I don't know the guy personally. But if you allow one moment in time decide life isn't worth living, then there has to be more going on it it than that one event. Otherwise 90% of the world would have committed suicide because of hardship/adversity.

As for the debate over the PT, I do remember some heated discussions back then. I also remember heated discussions over EU as well. There are always going to be a difference of opinion on movies.
Whether it's worse today I cannot say, but I can say it's taken on a different theme. Where one cannot simply dislike a movie without being judged/labeled. lol

No matter what it is some people look for things to pick at, but I never understood the racial stuff in the PT that some accused it of. Just didn't see it.

People like to discuss movies, it's a bonding moment etc. But when you find someone who doesn't like said movie that you love, it can be deflating. Instead of that person seeing it the same as you, you're call *********** for liking it. That's what starts the downhill slide into insults and getting personal. Most conversations can be civil going back and forth one's viewpoints. But it only take one **** to just wants rile people up to start a flame war.

Reaction score
Another fantastic post. This is almost the point. We may not agree on TPM, I hate it, but it never devolves into some "You racist!" comment. It was fun! It's a healthy debate. It's become, with some, entirely unhealthy. I'm pretty sure some SJW's see sexism in their cereal.
again... no one is being called racist because they don't like the movie. No one is being called sexist because they don't like the movie.

People are being called racist and sexist because of things like these

https://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/...e-tran-racism/

http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/20...ty-cuck-staff/

http://www.staresattheworld.com/2015...-a-broken-boy/

back when TPM came out people didn't change Ahmed' Bests pages to racial slurs.

Do you really not see the difference?

Reaction score
I don't remember TPM debate all being good natured. I remember people being incredibly hateful about Jar Jar and about how George Lucas ruined their childhood. Ahmed Best almost killed himself over it.
I don't know the guy personally. But if you allow one moment in time decide life isn't worth living, then there has to be more going on it it than that one event. Otherwise 90% of the world would have committed suicide because of hardship/adversity.
I've said this elsewhere, but I simply don't believe Ahmed Best "tried" to "kill himself", because of (legitimate) fan reaction to Jar Jar Binks. And if he did really contemplate it, then there's a deeper level of psychosis going on than meets the eye.

If it is actually true and he did really contemplate suicide - most people who do REALLY consider it an option just do it, they don't talk about it, BTW - then it was, more than likely, due to the stalled nature of his career, which came from nowhere before his involvement with George Lucas and went nowhere after his involvement with George Lucas and it has little to do with people disliking what's generally considered, by both fan and non-fan alike, a bad character that was but a small part of his life.

Reaction score
No I entirely get it and that's what you miss. We all GET it. But because a few bad eggs you and other social justice types seem to forget. It;s the idea that someone who reads on Nazi's must be one. I guess that makes Steven Spielburg a Nazi! It's absurdist. Yes some ARE sexist and racist. That doesn't make US because we ....say dislike Rey! We are SICK and TIRED of being accused of things we aren't are. Do you GET that? So much hate and venom....the idea of you're a bad man. This doesn't help . It only hurts. Ahmed Best never saw a white or black person, he never saw a gender. He saw people. Flaws and all. Do you really think, upon listening, I hate Ahmed Best?

Last edited:
Reaction score
All this sh1t is beyond crazy now. I suspect there are board members here who subscribe to it as well. :rolleyes:

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/05/15/is-stephen-fry-a-white-supremacist/
"PS: I really will not allow the simple
gesture to belong to the moronic dogwhistling catfishing foghorning frogmarching pigsticking ****waving few who attempt to appropriate it for their own fatuous fantasies."

And the above is really the way such absurdities need to be combatted.

With reason...and not really giving a sh1t. :grin:

Reaction score
again... no one is being called racist because they don't like the movie. No one is being called sexist because they don't like the movie.

People are being called racist and sexist because of things like these

https://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/...e-tran-racism/

http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/20...ty-cuck-staff/

http://www.staresattheworld.com/2015...-a-broken-boy/

back when TPM came out people didn't change Ahmed' Bests pages to racial slurs.

Do you really not see the difference?
These are not examples of why you and your pals are calling people racist and sexist ON THIS FORUM. This comment is what we were either supporting or disproving:

If you guys are so noble as to only "call out" people who exhibit those same qualities you demonstrate in your links (or "code words" as DarkMan puts it), surely there should be tons of similar examples from this forum that you guys can post. So far, the only example in this thread is you alluding to me being sexist because I thought your theory about Solo's box office performance was ridiculous.

Reaction score
These are not examples of why you and your pals are calling people racist and sexist ON THIS FORUM. This comment is what we were either supporting or disproving:

If you guys are so noble as to only "call out" people who exhibit those same qualities you demonstrate in your links (or "code words" as DarkMan puts it), surely there should be tons of similar examples from this forum that you guys can post. So far, the only example in this thread is you alluding to me being sexist because I thought your theory about Solo's box office performance was ridiculous.
you got an example of when I called someone racist or sexist? I'm willing to bet if you find one it's because they said something racist or sexist.

Yeah again I never called you racist or sexist. but being the snowflake you are you have wished I called you that even though nothing in the post you keep reposting calls you racist or sexist.

Reaction score
you got an example of when I called someone racist or sexist? I'm willing to bet if you find one it's because they said something racist or sexist.

Yeah again I never called you racist or sexist. but being the snowflake you are you have wished I called you that even though nothing in the post you keep reposting calls you racist or sexist.
Translation:

"I have no evidence."

Last edited:
Reaction score
No I entirely get it and that's what you miss. We all GET it. But because a few bad eggs you and other social justice types seem to forget. It;s the idea that someone who reads on Nazi's must be one. I guess that makes Steven Spielburg a Nazi! It's absurdist. Yes some ARE sexist and racist. That doesn't make US because we ....say dislike Rey! We are SICK and TIRED of being accused of things we aren't are. Do you GET that? So much hate and venom....the idea of you're a bad man. This doesn't help . It only hurts. Ahmed Best never saw a white or black person, he never saw a gender. He saw people. Flaws and all. Do you really think, upon listening, I hate Ahmed Best?

ahh you must go to the Ben Shapiro school of debate. Because you seem to think there are only 2 choices.

the issue is people get called racist and sexist when they use the same racist and sexist arguements.

For example it's ok to say that Rose Tico or Finn are bad characters and you don't like them

It's NOT ok to say Rose Tico and Finn are there for "diversity" or to "fill a quota"

That IS racist.

This doesn't help . It only hurts. Ahmed Best never saw a white or black person, he never saw a gender. He saw people. Flaws and all. Do you really think, upon listening, I hate Ahmed Best?
wtf are you talking about?

Reaction score
It's NOT ok to say Rose Tico and Finn are there for "diversity" or to "fill a quota"

That IS racist.
!! newsflash !!

VF says: Kathleen Kennedy is "NOT ok" :( she "IS racist" :( (who knew?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72qoh4aglVo

"Having that sense of Diversity was really important to [Rogue One].
Every Movie has.. uhm.. Reasons.. why you cast for certain people,
but what we're doing today is just being much more mindful of that,
and I think it's important"

^^ read: she hires people for the sake of "Diversity" :( (who knew??)

--> and JJ too :( :(

JJ actually quantifies it , by revealing his target percentages for his Diversity "Quota". :( :(

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/03/movies/jj-abrams-takes-steps-to-lift-diversity-in-filmmaking.html

"Mr. Abrams, a writer, producer and the director of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” sent a memo last week to studios and agents announcing a new policy at his production company, Bad Robot, requiring that any lists of writers, directors, actors and others to be considered for a project should “be at the very least representative of the country we live in. Which roughly breaks down to: 50 percent women, 12 percent black, 18 percent Hispanic, 6 percent Asian.”

^^ read: he hires people to fill a "Quota"
(who knew??)

That IS racist.

^^ thanks go to VF for pointing out that hiring people 'for diversity' and/or 'to fill a quota' IS, indeed, a racist endeavor! cheers mate.

Last edited:
Reaction score
!! newsflash !!

VF says: Kathleen Kennedy is "NOT ok" :( she "IS racist" :( (who knew?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72qoh4aglVo

"Having that sense of Diversity was really important to [Rogue One].
Every Movie has.. uhm.. Reasons.. why you cast for certain people,
but what we're doing today is just being much more mindful of that,
and I think it's important"

^^ she hires people for the sake of "Diversity" :( (who knew??)

--> and JJ too :( :(

JJ actually quantifies it , by revealing his target percentages for his Diversity "Quota". :( :(

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/03/movies/jj-abrams-takes-steps-to-lift-diversity-in-filmmaking.html

"Mr. Abrams, a writer, producer and the director of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” sent a memo last week to studios and agents announcing a new policy at his production company, Bad Robot, requiring that any lists of writers, directors, actors and others to be considered for a project should “be at the very least representative of the country we live in. Which roughly breaks down to: 50 percent women, 12 percent black, 18 percent Hispanic, 6 percent Asian.”

^^ thanks go to VF for pointing out that 'hiring actors to fill a quota' IS, indeed, a racist endeavor! cheers mate.

shocker a guy who gets his talking points about slavery from the dailystormer thinks casting a non white cast is racist.

i'm going to say this loud for the slow kids in the back

SAYING AN ACTOR WAS ONLY CAST BECAUSE OF THEIR RACE IS RACIST. CREATING A CAST OF PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT RACES IS NOT RACIST.

Do you understand the difference?

honestly anyone who has read your comments could have seen you trying to pull this bs a mile away

Last edited:
Reaction score
for the record: I've been married in an interracial marriage for 28 years, and my children are bi-racial (aka:"non-white").

I take great exception to your accusations of white supremacy, and/or, your feeble attempts to associate me with your favorite online hate groups.

also for the record: here is your example of 'rational debate' being met with 'accusations of racism' by TLJ zealots on this forum. cheers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
for the record: I've been married in an interracial marriage for 28 years, and my children are bi-racial (aka:"non-white").

I take great exception to your accusations of white supremacy, and/or, your feeble attempts to associate me with your favorite online hate groups.

also for the record: here is your example of 'rational debate' being met with 'accusations of racism' by TLJ zealots on this forum. cheers.
for the record I do think you are racist not because of your views on Star Wars but for your views on slavery. https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1138634&page=29&p=20131456&highlight=slaves#post20131456

Also yeah... interracial marriage isn't a disqualifier for being racist. I also didn't say you were a white supremacist funny that you brought that up on your own. There is a very large section of racist even KKK members who have wives of a different race. The alt right especially has an Asian and black fetish.

Perfect example is Mitch Mcconal that *** is racist as **** but his wife is Asian. That doesn't mean he isn't racist.
'
and it's pretty ****ing disgusting using your family for a shield.

if accusing people of hiring a diverse cast is considered racist to you then you don't know what a rational debate is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.