Tie Striker With TIE Fighter Pilot

Reaction score
The Tie Strikers and U-wing have increased in price at my local stores, I noticed the change on brickseek and confirmed it in person at my closest store. I was waiting for the price to drop so I could buy a few more, I was not expecting the price to increase.

Reaction score
The Tie Strikers and U-wing have increased in price at my local stores, I noticed the change on brickseek and confirmed it in person at my closest store. I was waiting for the price to drop so I could buy a few more, I was not expecting the price to increase.
Which store increased? They are still $19.97 at my Walmarts. They are on clearance at Target, as well, but I didn't pay attention to the price.

Reaction score
The Portland and Windham stores both scan at full price and the shelf stickers reflect the change. I've been waiting for the prices to drop, so I check brickseek often, I noticed the price increase a few days ago and drove to both stores, hoping the mark up was because the items had actually been clearanced at some crazy price. I was going to ask you about Sanford. I' might have to drive down to score 2 more Strikers, but I can wait. I just spent my allowance yesterday at a garage sale in Gorham. I got a Saga X-Wing without the cannons for $2 that I'm going to use in place of my current Dagobah X-Wing that's mint so I can free it up for another display : ) I had to Lysol and sterilize the x-wing and a few loose figures I picked up because they wreaked of cigarette smoke. I have never noticed the smell on any other toy I've ever bought, now I know why "smoke free" is used in auction listings.

I bought several of the U-Wings and Strikers at Gamestop at $14 and $15 a piece. I was bummed on Monday when I saw the Strikers weren't available, I was ordering in the brick store to avoid the delivery fee : ) Brickseek has the strikers on clearance at Target for $24, which is fair, I have enough already, but was hoping to get a few more for between $10-$15.

Hope you're well my Friend. I spent the other half of my allowance on a Darth Vader voice changer so I can make a dedicated orange, white and purple Darth Moxie outfit for the Moxie Festival next year. This years theme was red, white and blue, so I wore my Darth Patriot outfit and made Moxie can Lightsaber hilt and stood in the crowd as a living Easter Egg for the kids participating in the parade.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
I saw a couple at a Gamestop for $15; I may get one but I hadn't found out definitively if the Nerf launcher is removable- can someone enlighten? If it is, does it look good without it?

Reaction score
Someone posted pictures on this thread, but I can't find the images, I think it was Nighthawk, around page 20 or so, who removed the launcher but had to customize the underside because the removal of the launcher left a gapping cavity, the effort looked great, but I'm not that skilled. I took the nerf missile holders off the wings and left the green nerf missile in, but not locked, so it's flush with the rim of the bore. I have several Ties that have either red or green colored laser tips, so I imagine the exposed portion of the missile as a large lens. I think of the Striker as a flying heavy cannon, like a Warthog or C-130 Gunship. I had considered buying some replacement nerf missiles at the store and painting just the tips gray ( because it think spay paint might damage the foam). I like that the Striker resembles the Jedi Starfighter. I've always imaged the Tie fighters as evolving from the Jedi Starfighter because inner portion of the expanding wing tips look like tie fighter wings.

Reaction score
I didn't realize a bit later (via Cross Sections book) it was also a two-seater and also function as a small cargo hauler...which is sensible given Scarif's business.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Thanks soulydyes- I went ahead and got it for $15 at Gamestop, can't beat that price until it drops to $10 and disappears quickly! If I customize it, I'll post pics ;)

Reaction score
Your welcome : ) I really admire your dioramas and customs, I look forward to the reveal should you choose to customize it : ) I bought 2 more at Target today, I'm calling my squadron complete. I scored 3 Imperial Ground Crew figures to help keep my Stikers flying : )

Reaction score
The Portland and Windham stores both scan at full price and the shelf stickers reflect the change. I've been waiting for the prices to drop, so I check brickseek often, I noticed the price increase a few days ago and drove to both stores, hoping the mark up was because the items had actually been clearanced at some crazy price. I was going to ask you about Sanford. I' might have to drive down to score 2 more Strikers, but I can wait. I just spent my allowance yesterday at a garage sale in Gorham. I got a Saga X-Wing without the cannons for $2 that I'm going to use in place of my current Dagobah X-Wing that's mint so I can free it up for another display : ) I had to Lysol and sterilize the x-wing and a few loose figures I picked up because they wreaked of cigarette smoke. I have never noticed the smell on any other toy I've ever bought, now I know why "smoke free" is used in auction listings.

I bought several of the U-Wings and Strikers at Gamestop at $14 and $15 a piece. I was bummed on Monday when I saw the Strikers weren't available, I was ordering in the brick store to avoid the delivery fee : ) Brickseek has the strikers on clearance at Target for $24, which is fair, I have enough already, but was hoping to get a few more for between $10-$15.

Hope you're well my Friend. I spent the other half of my allowance on a Darth Vader voice changer so I can make a dedicated orange, white and purple Darth Moxie outfit for the Moxie Festival next year. This years theme was red, white and blue, so I wore my Darth Patriot outfit and made Moxie can Lightsaber hilt and stood in the crowd as a living Easter Egg for the kids participating in the parade.
The Striker is still $19.97 in the Sanford store I was just in there today. Things are going well here. Man it's crazy how many Vader suits you have! Any plans to do the Force Friday event at the TRU this year? I think I'll be there, then probably head over to Target, time permitting.

Reaction score
I didn't realize a bit later (via Cross Sections book) it was also a two-seater and also function as a small cargo hauler...which is sensible given Scarif's business.
Pretty cool right? I just managed to get one sent from England, which is still cheaper than actually buying retail down here. This ship is bigger than I thought! It would probably be comparable to the Rebels Phantom on the show, if the navigator/gunner's seat was removable. So it could easily serve as an aerial minivan no trouble at all. I think a TIE shuttle would probably carry at least double the payload though. Whatever works best I guess.

Reaction score
I picked up a Striker for $12 at Target today. Pretty awesome ship, but I would never had paid full price for it.

Reaction score
Yeah, a two-seater would have been better. I would have been OK with manually ratcheting wings if it meant doing away with the lever mechanism to make room in the back.

Speaking of the TIE shuttle, the TIE bomber could use revisit retool in lieu of its appearance on SW: Rebels.

Reaction score
Yeah, a two-seater would have been better. I would have been OK with manually ratcheting wings if it meant doing away with the lever mechanism to make room in the back.

Speaking of the TIE shuttle, the TIE bomber could use revisit retool in lieu of its appearance on SW: Rebels.
Agreed. Surely the people hasbro employs to add all the gimmicks we hate would be happier making the toys better instead of worse.

Reaction score
Has anyone done a custom of this without the Nerf launcher? How difficult is it? The dart holders look easy enough to remove but the big gaping finger hole placed prominently between the laser cannons killed it as a purchase for me. Cant figure why the hell Hasbro didn't make it a removable feature to generate more sales.

Reaction score
The Tie's on Rebels were so cartoonishly stupid, even in the regular one seater Inquisitor Tie you had something like 2-4 adult sized people stuffed in the cockpit and moving around and breathing, and the Tie Bomber you had everyone walking around from side to side standing up like the ship was enormous .

Reaction score
A much as I like this vehicle, after owning it a while I find it to be quite boring, unless you're into nerf darts of course. Hate to sound like a broken record, but the lack of the rear gunner compartment really spoilt this thing. I guess we were so spoilt with interior cockpit details from what we were getting prior to Hasbro's "revised product format" that we just have to swallow whatever is served up now.

Reaction score
^^^ I never sell anything. Hoarder mentality lol. But mainly wouldn't sell mine because it's another TIE variant and I want them all...

Reaction score
Got a couple of these from WM for 12 bucks each. Not a bad toy/vehicle, but the overall design really kinda bothers me. Not sure what they were trying to go with here as far as the movie version goes....but it kinda misses it with me....whatever that might be.

Reaction score
I was initially planning on passing getting this Tie Striker vehicle, but I just saw this for $14.99 @ Tuesday Morning & couldn't resist. I like the fact that this is a derivation of the TIE Fighter, though not nearly as cool as any previous incarnation of that vehicle (DV's TIE Fighter, TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber).

That being said, the appearance here is definitely an homage to the original TIE's & to the OT. I also don't mind the Nerf feature at all.

Here's a link w/more info. on this vehicle:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/TIE/sk_x1_experimental_air_superiority_fighter

Reaction score
I was initially planning on passing getting this Tie Striker vehicle, but I just saw this for $14.99 @ Tuesday Morning & couldn't resist. I like the fact that this is a derivation of the TIE Fighter, though not nearly as cool as any previous incarnation of that vehicle (DV's TIE Fighter, TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber).

That being said, the appearance here is definitely an homage to the original TIE's & to the OT. I also don't mind the Nerf feature at all.

Here's a link w/more info. on this vehicle:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/TIE/sk_x1_experimental_air_superiority_fighter
Yeah, this isn't a sleek vehicle to begin with, so the Nerf feature on this is not so bad like it is on the Rebels A-wing.

Reaction score
I really like the look of the vehicle, but have one minor gripe. One thing I love about TIE fighters and variants is how easy they are to display on a shelf, and these are not very shelf friendly. That being said, this led me to experiment with hanging stuff from the ceiling with fishing wire and there may be a space battle in my man cave in the future!

Reaction score
I really like the look of the vehicle, but have one minor gripe. One thing I love about TIE fighters and variants is how easy they are to display on a shelf, and these are not very shelf friendly. That being said, this led me to experiment with hanging stuff from the ceiling with fishing wire and there may be a space battle in my man cave in the future!
I think my favorite Tie Striker toy is that cheap value line one they had at Big Lots. Not sure of the scale, but I like the proportions the best. It has landing gear you can pop on and off. It is a nice size for display and doesn't take up too much room on a shelf. I even like the wing proportions better than what they really are. I think the true scale wings are much to big.

Reaction score
I think my favorite Tie Striker toy is that cheap value line one they had at Big Lots. Not sure of the scale, but I like the proportions the best. It has landing gear you can pop on and off. It is a nice size for display and doesn't take up too much room on a shelf. I even like the wing proportions better than what they really are. I think the true scale wings are much to big.
Landing gear would have made all the difference! That does look like a good display size. I was surprised at how big the 3.75 scale striker was when i put it together. That and the U wing are pretty big!

Reaction score
I had no idea there was a different version of the TIE Striker being sold at BL; I rarely go there. I agree landing gear is nice, but I'm not sure I would go out of my way to buy this other version - since I already have the regular one.

Reaction score
I had no idea there was a different version of the TIE Striker being sold at BL; I rarely go there. I agree landing gear is nice, but I'm not sure I would go out of my way to buy this other version - since I already have the regular one.
Just to be clear the value line Striker is a smaller toy. It's not action figure scale. I would say it is more of an Action Fleet type of toy, although, it doesn't accommodate a figure. It's just a basic toy you can swoosh around.