Tie Striker With TIE Fighter Pilot

Reaction score
Has anyone grabbed the TRU one? Other than the pilot is there any difference. I really like the grey paint on the helmet so I'd rather get that one but 40 bucks kinda stings for just the pilot...especially when the reg version can be had much cheaper. Any thoughts/opinions would be appreciated

Reaction score
Has anyone grabbed the TRU one? Other than the pilot is there any difference. I really like the grey paint on the helmet so I'd rather get that one but 40 bucks kinda stings for just the pilot...especially when the reg version can be had much cheaper. Any thoughts/opinions would be appreciated
The Tie has battle damage/scoring paint job.

Reaction score
I haven't gotten around to opening my TIE Striker yet. But having read through the ROGUE ONE Ultimate Visual Guide, I'm a little bummed. Hasbro could have stepped up here, but they didn't. Because the TIE Striker has a crew of TWO, and it would have been very cool if Hasbro would have built that gunners compartment in the aft section of the hull. They depict the hatch that would access the gunner station, but it's only cosmetic.

But then this does leave the door open to Hasbro offering an ULTIMATE version of the TIE Striker down the line, complete with the separate pilot and gunner compartments.

Reaction score
I agree, it's a great mold and they should have opportunity to later remove the NERF feature and add in a second pilot seating area.

Maybe they'll bring out the TVC mold Tauntaun too and give us one with an opening belly feature... the planning seemed to be there for that but it hasn't happened yet.

Reaction score
I agree, it's a great mold and they should have opportunity to later remove the NERF feature and add in a second pilot seating area.
If they can also make it with an ordnance bay in between the two pilots, with a bomb dropping feature like the TIE Bomber? I'd get on board with that.

But I'm also left wondering about the TIE troop carrier that brought the Death Troopers into battle on Scarif. It barely got any screen time. Is that going to get consideration at some point? Or is the current movie release schedule so packed that we can't expect to see a vehicle with such limited screen time made into a vehicle for the Hasbro toy line?

Reaction score
It's a shame try excl was a mild repaint. In retrospect, this should be been the star ears release. Then tru given a blue squad x- wing w/ Merrill even if a pure potf2 repaint of ship and snowspeeder pilot w/potf2 Biggs face-to-face for the mustache. Then wm should be gotten small w/ tie fighter reissue w/ other the striker pilot instead of the useless 3pk and target given the black/ grey crashed xwing on jedha w/ 2nd 2tubes dude.

Reaction score
Umm...no edit so.....tru is try, Merrill is Merrick and ....whatever else I may miss, I'm too tired to fix it now

Reaction score
My guess is we won't ever see the TIE troop carrier but I'd love to see it personally.

I agree a bomb dropping mechanism on the current version (with other slight mods) would be outstanding.

Even as it stands currently, it's still one of my favorite Hasbro efforts over the past few years.

Reaction score
My guess is we won't ever see the TIE troop carrier but I'd love to see it personally.
This is the only thing I want more than Krennic's shuttle. My Death Troopers can't just fly around in a Lambda class shuttle! Maybe if I paint it black...

Reaction score
That Tie troop carrier was not even featured in Pablo's book, it may of been a late production addition to the film. Hasbro's Tie Striker unfortunately does not have the wing tip cannons, which kinda throws the accuracy off along with limiting the firepower .

Reaction score
That Tie troop carrier was not even featured in Pablo's book, it may of been a late production addition to the film. Hasbro's Tie Striker unfortunately does not have the wing tip cannons, which kinda throws the accuracy off along with limiting the firepower .
But it does have Nerf!

Reaction score
It should have a bomb bay in the center as it is a fighter-bomber, and a 2nd seat for the bombardier plus the wing tip mounted cannons.

Reaction score
I purchased this for my son and was pleasantly surprised. If I just ignore the Nerf gun, which is hidden underneath, it's not bad at all.

Reaction score
theres some sort of video that USA Today has behind the scenes on Rogue One, yodanews.com has the link. There's a TIE Reaper that flies over on the asteroid that Cassian meets his spy 'friend'. its dark so hard to tell but I think its the same troop carrier version of the TIE Striker. I hadn't noticed the ship on the asteroid, just too much going on and to see in that scene, but its the first I've heard that name for a TIE.

Reaction score
just found these on clearance at my local Walmart for $19.97. I might be tempted to pick up a few and customize one to be a 2 seated version and another to be something else.

Utinniii

Reaction score
theres some sort of video that USA Today has behind the scenes on Rogue One, yodanews.com has the link. There's a TIE Reaper that flies over on the asteroid that Cassian meets his spy 'friend'. its dark so hard to tell but I think its the same troop carrier version of the TIE Striker. I hadn't noticed the ship on the asteroid, just too much going on and to see in that scene, but its the first I've heard that name for a TIE.

I'm pretty sure it is the same ship.

Reaction score

I added some Strikers to my Imperial Squadron over Endor�� I rest the nerf missile inside the tube so it looks like a large laser, doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I did remove the nerf holders but I have no plans to alter the remaining post

Reaction score

I added some Strikers to my Imperial Squadron over Endor�� I rest the nerf missile inside the tube so it looks like a large laser, doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I did remove the nerf holders but I have no plans to alter the remaining post
That is just one Awesome EPIC Display!

Reaction score

I'll give props to anyone who uses the Cruisemissle Trooper. I love that thing.

Reaction score
Thanx Guys : ) I always like the look of the Cruisemissile Trooper, it was important to me to try to keep as many of those in my display as I could as I was trying to work the Tie Strikers in. I ended-up parking some small wing POTF ties on my Imperial Endor Bunker to save the Cruisemissile Troopers. I think I'll add a few more Strikers in the coming weeks : )

Reaction score

The Easter Bunny was at Walmart last night buying candy and stopped by the toy section : )

Reaction score

I reposted because the prior images weren't pulling up the source images when selected for a close-up, I hope this works. I wish I could edit my posts : )

There's a guest docked at the Death Star : )

Reaction score
Found a picture of the Troop Transport by accident while looking for what color paint people have been using on the Bandai TIE Fighter and TIE Interceptor model kits.

I guess it could really use it's own thread collecting images of it, or any forthcoming custom attempts and discussion, (mod?)
Until then...

^ Above concept from the Art of R1.
Also those wondering about where the pilot(s) sit and where the windows are, above in (in the concept art at least) they are in the nose.
From this angle it reads much more like a shuttle than a TIE, pretty much a hybrid.
(again sorry if it's off topic, thought some might be curious, if a mod wants to collect and give the Death Trooper Transport it's own spec. thread that would be great!)

I'm pretty sure it is the same ship.
Yeah the DVD behind the scenes extras they refer to what we've been inventively calling the TIE Transport or Death Trooper Transport or TIE Dropship, they are officially calling the "TIE Reaper."

Would have been, (still could be) nice if a mod had created a thread for this unique ship, when the discussion of it began 5 months ago, so discussion, pics, concepts, ideas for possible line inclusion, building and customizing, etc... wasn't lost lost or derailing this thread.
Maybe now that this awesome looking ship has an official name, a mod can move the "TIE Reaper" discussion and images into it's own unique thread. :)

Reaction score

A decent turnaround of the Reaper.
Not sure on the scale, but it really does look like this could be pretty well customized out of the standard scale Striker.
Again, sorry for the thread drift.
This is a very cool looking ship, I imagine the somewhat coffin shape gives it the reaper name.
I do wish they were considering one for the 3.75" line.

Reaction score
I am getting to love these so much, outside of Rogue one. The boys and I have been playing that the First Order dusts them off for atmospheric ops, they have started being used in OT adventures, Cobra even built prototypes. If the go any further on clearance, 10, 12 bucks.. and I see them I wont be able to resist more. It may be our new favorite Tie. Something about the shape, color and playability are just compelling and addictive to play with.

Reaction score
Gamestop is also offering free home delivery for this and the U-wing if the item is paid for in the store.

Reaction score
While it's still a boring design compared to hundreds of other ships in SW, at least the TIE Reaper Transport is cooler than some of the other ships used in R1.

Reaction score
Just bought this thing at GameStop on clearance for $15! As with all the Rogue One vehicles I won't spend the full retail price, but if you find this one for $20 or less I DEFINITELY buying it.

Reaction score
Just bought this thing at GameStop on clearance for $15! As with all the Rogue One vehicles I won't spend the full retail price, but if you find this one for $20 or less I DEFINITELY buying it.
Just bought this thing at GameStop on clearance for $15! As with all the Rogue One vehicles I won't spend the full retail price, but if you find this one for $20 or less I DEFINITELY recommend* buying it.

Reaction score
I'd like to get three of these to make a TIE Phantom and a TIE Phantom Bomber/Transport variant.

Just take the wings from one to be the dorsal wings for the other two and then attach the remaining cockpit to one of the others, one wing for each side. :{D

Reaction score
Bought one myself for $15 at Gamestop as well. Funny thing is the regular price was quoted at $19.99? Made me wonder if it was some other version of the Tie Striker or something. Took a few pics of the web page just in case.

Reaction score
The TIE Striker is hitting Ross stores for $14.99. The U-wing is there, too, for about $19.99. Some stores got a box of smaller vehicles, like Kanan's Y-wing scout for $8.99 and the Force Awakens speeders (snow & desert) for $11.99. Since my Walmarts are still holding on to TIEs for $19.88, I grabbed one at Ross.