Tie Striker With TIE Fighter Pilot

Reaction score
I know the ship you are talking about but can't find any pics of it online. it might be possible to build a custom of the ship using the TIE Striker and small underside The U-Wing together
It was such a unique aggressive design, I'm surprised there is no visual references to it yet.
No concept art, visual guide, no models or toys?
It looked so great, it's unusual shape so menacing, opening up loaded with a line of Krennic's Death Troopers.
It'd have made a great toy! The name alone "Death Trooper Transport" if that alone, would have sold it.

(Although in this era, they'd have likely reduced it to something unrecognizable, they've done OK by the TIE concepts)

Reaction score
^ Edit:

Sorry about my terrible skills, going by memory, just overlayed it on regular Striker, but it looked something like this.
Slightly bigger than a Striker. It swung around and disembarked a line of Death Troopers.

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the "nose" cargo section was a bit shorter and larger, looking more "massive".

Reaction score
LOL!
Hey, like I said it wasn't meant to be exact, I quickly overlayed a shape on the regular striker just an idea of it from memory, for the sake of discussion, to see if others remembered it too.
That's why I said:
just overlayed it on regular Striker, but it looked something like this.
Slightly bigger than a Striker.
I said it was bigger than the regular TIE striker, likely wider too.

My impression [FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]was the body was slightly reminiscent of Kylo Ren's coffin like transport, but in gray and the wedge jutting forward, with the TIE-Striker wing configuration. [/FONT]

As far as how far the nose comes out? By all means I would love to see your drawing of it. :)

Reaction score
^ Edit: Again I just wanted to emphasize the wedge shape, proportion is probably a little more like this, again not trying to be exact just a general sense of it.

Would love to see someone else take on it! :weeabooface:

Reaction score
Yeah, the middle section was about half the length with greeblies on it, but bar that it's about right. You also see one first of all top and centre flying over the trading outpost at the start of that scene before it pans down.

Reaction score
LOL!
Hey, like I said it wasn't meant to be exact, I quickly overlayed a shape on the regular striker just an idea of it from memory, for the sake of discussion, to see if others remembered it too.
That's why I said:
I said it was bigger than the regular TIE striker, likely wider too.

My impression was the body was slightly reminiscent of Kylo Ren's coffin like transport, but in gray and the wedge jutting forward, with the TIE-Striker wing configuration.

As far as how far the nose comes out? By all means I would love to see your drawing of it. :)

You posted it and you want opinions "for the sake of discussions" just giving you mine, "for the sake of discussions", but okay :rolleyes: ^^

Reaction score
It was such a unique aggressive design, I'm surprised there is no visual references to it yet.
No concept art, visual guide, no models or toys?
It looked so great, it's unusual shape so menacing
And pointless. Did look kinda cool, but I personally would have got more of a kick out of seeing a TIE shuttle instead.

I like your drawing. If I recall though it had something like a spoiler on the back. We only saw it close for a fleeting moment so it'll be difficult to describe until some proper screenshots or model shots surface.

Reaction score
^ Edit: Again I just wanted to emphasize the wedge shape, proportion is probably a little more like this, again not trying to be exact just a general sense of it.

Would love to see someone else take on it! :weeabooface:

kinda reminds of a cross between the TIE Striker, The old Kenner Droids Cartoon Side Gunner and the Droids ATL Interceptor.

if the vintage Droid ships weren't so expensive I'd try to tackle it with the value size TIE Striker. this can possibly also be made using the full size TIE Striker and one of the old Titan AE Drej Attack fighters.

Reaction score
You posted it and you want opinions "for the sake of discussions" just giving you mine, "for the sake of discussions", but okay :rolleyes: ^^
That's fine. Still waiting for your drawing of it, you know - for the sake of discussion.

I like your drawing. If I recall though it had something like a spoiler on the back. We only saw it close for a fleeting moment so it'll be difficult to describe until some proper screenshots or model shots surface.
Yeah it was there so fleetingly, descriptions aren't doing it justice, hence I gambled on an admittedly "unskilled" drawing of it :grin:
The "spoiler" from what I remember was what I remember as the back of the wings, connected by yet another solar panel going across the back of the fuselage. Again in the drawing It's hard to convey from one angle, but in the above imagine the fuselage drops away from that back solar panel connecting the two wings leaving that space open, that would convey the "spoiler" effect.

Reaction score

Edit: this angle I chose just to convey the wedge nose (not redrawing it) isn't great to show off the "spoiler" as the fuselage I believe would extend further back, but it conveys what I believe made the "spoiler" effect - the back of the wings connected by yet another solar panel.
Again it was so brief, just guessing!
And would love to see someone else take a stab at this, maybe start from a completley different angle , or even better an actual official image!:p

Reaction score
Will someone with a bootleg please post a screen cap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Page 222 Art Of book, looks pretty close to final version but from an odd (landed) angle.

Reaction score
I'm having trouble putting the right wing on my TIE Striker. There is a small peg under one of the clips that gets in the way and I don't see anywhere for it to go:

Anyone else have one like this?

Reaction score
The Ultimate Visual Guide confirms that was a two seater - has anyone opened up the other side of the cockpit?

Reaction score
The Ultimate Visual Guide confirms that was a two seater - has anyone opened up the other side of the cockpit?
I saw that myself. I might try and modify one if it goes on clearance. not sure if it will be possible with the spring loaded features and the nerf feature.

Reaction score
Got three Tie striker pilots, from chinese Ebay seller,
(price for all three was about 9 dollars with free shipping).
Pilots comes with bootleg clone blasters. Figures looks indentical to the original
(even same plastic smell)
but I think they were rejected at the factory,
because all three had massive super glue drops on the helmet.
And yes, it can be placed in the Tie interseptor.
Glue was cleaned and added some custom decals.

Reaction score
I saw that myself. I might try and modify one if it goes on clearance. not sure if it will be possible with the spring loaded features and the nerf feature.

The Nerf feature at least is completely contained in a separate hull segment that is clipped to the bottom of the vehicle, so it wouldn't be in the way (and one can remove the Nerf spring and glue the whole thing in place with the "cannon" pulled back so it's less obtrusive).

However, the trigger for the wings is in the back of the Striker so it's easy to assume that some of the wing mechanism is located in the space where the gunner seat would be.

And even if it may be possible to work around that mechanism (I didn't open the body so I don't know) there is the additional issue that the top of the vehicle consists of yet another clip-on part. This may be useful for an opening back top hatch, but most of that needs to be reconstructed since you'd lose part of the "roof" clips too. Should make for an interesting yet difficult modification all in all.

JVM

Reaction score
Pilots comes with bootleg clone blasters. Figures looks indentical to the original
Thanks for the report!

Clone guns seem standard to bootleg Star Wars figures...

Reaction score
Found a picture of the Troop Transport by accident while looking for what color paint people have been using on the Bandai TIE Fighter and TIE Interceptor model kits.

Reaction score
I wonder how the pilot is supposed to see out of that thing?

Found a picture of the Troop Transport by accident while looking for what color paint people have been using on the Bandai TIE Fighter and TIE Interceptor model kits.

Reaction score
Got this ship for Christmas, and it seems the best of the current Hasbro offerings right now. The pilot is fantastic, I wish he was more available like Cassian is. I will admit, as a normal hater of Nerf features, I've kind of had fun with this one. Christmas day I opened it at my parents house, as my Mom got it for me, and no one was safe. My daughters didn't appreciate me interrupting their Lego building or hatching those Hatchimals by being pelted with Nerf fire. Of course onc eit got home they got me back...and lost one of the darts in the process. Oh well. :p

Reaction score
Wonderful! Nicely done and thank you! I'll not quote the photo because that is a pet hate of mine.
If only the forum had a LIKE button, eh?

Reaction score
It seems that Tie Striker transport can be seems in the begining of the movie too, from the back flying above the main street of the city where we see Cassian for the first time.

Reaction score
if I can find a cheap TIE Striker on clearance I'll going to try tackle a custom of this that will hopefully be able to house some Deathtroopers.

Reaction score
if I can find a cheap TIE Striker on clearance I'll going to try tackle a custom of this that will hopefully be able to house some Deathtroopers.
wouldn't that require a scratchbuild? The wings are different, the body is different, and the whole thing seems to be bigger than the regular Striker (although the perspective in the screenshot may deceive).

Reaction score
It seems that Tie Striker transport can be seems in the begining of the movie too, from the back flying above the main street of the city where we see Cassian for the first time.
Wow. It's almost as if other membrs of the forum had noticed it too.........

Reaction score
Why would you, it's all computerized anyways. And there's nothing to run into in space. lol

Even still, looks like it can hold a squad of troops at best. I wouldn't necessarily call it a Troop transport.
I really wish they had used the design of the one that appeared in TFU game. That I would have bought a few of!

Reaction score
What did you use to clean the glue off with ? Just got my set of them in the mail today, the glue isn't too bad. two of the five are perfect, the other three aren't that bad either but look to have had too much glue used on the chest box and it ran out onto the torso. None on the helmets though thankfully. They're good enough I might just go crazy and attempt to army build a full wing's worth of pilots, 72 of them. The price certainly is right for them now to army build, got the five of them for 12.95 with free shipping. Pretty good deal.

Reaction score
What did you use to clean the glue off with ? .
Super glue cleaner, and it's have different variants.
You should ask it in household goods store.
But be careful, cleaner easily remove glue from soft plastic parts (helmet, hands,legs, chest box)
but melt hard plastic body.

Reaction score
wouldn't that require a scratchbuild? The wings are different, the body is different, and the whole thing seems to be bigger than the regular Striker (although the perspective in the screenshot may deceive).

the main body would be a scratch built but if I can find a few cheap strikers on clearance than I can modify the wigs of the striker to work. but if I get the opportunity to build one I'll post the pics here.

Reaction score
Super glue cleaner, and it's have different variants.
You should ask it in household goods store.
But be careful, cleaner easily remove glue from soft plastic parts (helmet, hands,legs, chest box)
but melt hard plastic body.

thank you!

Reaction score

Edit: this angle I chose just to convey the wedge nose (not redrawing it) isn't great to show off the "spoiler" as the fuselage I believe would extend further back, but it conveys what I believe made the "spoiler" effect - the back of the wings connected by yet another solar panel.
Again it was so brief, just guessing!
And would love to see someone else take a stab at this, maybe start from a completley different angle , or even better an actual official image!:p

OK not that far off.:awesome:

Maybe it's heavily armored to move troops in and out of battle fields, and yeah as indicated, the viewing can be on monitors.
Also this seems to be a ship specifically for Krennic's Death Troopers, so i don't mind it's not a more standard design.

Reaction score
I guess it could really use it's own thread collecting images of it, or any forthcoming custom attempts and discussion, (mod?)
Until then...

^ Above concept from the Art of R1.
There are also several Tie Striker concepts which
instead of the pill shaped fuselage we got, use the standard sphere shaped body, and have the connected back-wing-spoiler configuration of what would become the Death Trooper Transport.
At some point they became two separate ships.
Also those wondering about where the pilot(s) sit and where the windows are, above in (in the concept art at least) they are in the nose.
From this angle it reads much more like a shuttle than a TIE, pretty much a hybrid.

(again sorry if it's off topic, thought some might be curious, if a mod wants to collect and give the Death Trooper Transport it's own spec. thread that would be great!)

Utinniii

Reaction score
Was the TIE Striker Transport also seen on the planet we first see Cassian??