Tie Striker With TIE Fighter Pilot

GNT

Reaction score
Here's our first look at the TIE Striker vehicle from Rogue One courtesy of Idlehands:

Who's going to be picking this vehicle up? Thoughts on it?

Reaction score
I like the design of this vehicle, and this looks like a decent sculpt, plus there is word that the Nerf crap is removable!!

Reaction score
Interested in getting that one, I'll just wait to see more about the actual toy though.

Reaction score
If the nerf launcher is truly removable, this one really doesn't look bad. The figure looks awful but the vehicle itself looks pretty decent from what we can tell. I could see myself picking this up. Now bring on the freaking hover tank...

Reaction score
The pilot looks great. And that's good news, because the previous best Tie Pilot was terrible proportionally, it had very weird legs. So I am happy to see this update. Just hope it comes single carded too.

Reaction score
When I first saw pictures of the ship in the film, I wasn't impressed. However, the picture on the box looks pretty cool. I'm not a huge TIE fan, but I do have the various versions in my collection. This toy is calling to me, so I might end up getting it. I would like to see it opened to get a better idea of it.

It's hard to see, but is the blaster the newest E-11(TBS) with the fold out stock or is it a new one-piece sculpt? It looks bigger than the latest E-11s in the 5 POA line.

Reaction score
When I first saw pictures of the ship in the film, I wasn't impressed. However, the picture on the box looks pretty cool. I'm not a huge TIE fan, but I do have the various versions in my collection. This toy is calling to me, so I might end up getting it. I would like to see it opened to get a better idea of it.

It's hard to see, but is the blaster the newest E-11(TBS) with the fold out stock or is it a new one-piece sculpt? It looks bigger than the latest E-11s in the 5 POA line.
I hope there are regular Ties in the film too. But these look cool, I guess they are smaller and faster? I wonder if there will be any variations with the Pilots?

Reaction score
I think you can see some regular TIEs over Jedha.

It will be interesting to see if there's any in film explanation as to the specific purpose of the Striker. Is it a patrol ship or a scout ship or just a special version made to protect the DS while it was being built?

Reaction score
I think you can see some regular TIEs over Jedha.

It will be interesting to see if there's any in film explanation as to the specific purpose of the Striker. Is it a patrol ship or a scout ship or just a special version made to protect the DS while it was being built?
Maybe some of this new stuff is Krennics stuff specifically. I mean we assume he fails and dies, and so I am guessing thats why we dont see Death Troopers going forward, maybe they are his special task force, and they all fail so they dont get replaced? Maybe a similar thing is true of other "new" Imperial designs?

Reaction score
I think you might be right. He's some kind of weapons program director, so this could all be proto-type stuff that he's been testing. Once he fails, the Empire would probably want to wash away his memory has quickly as possible.

I'm wondering if we'll see Vader take down the death troopers after they fail and strangle Krennic at the end of the film.

Reaction score
I hope Hasbro does make a new or reissue the old TIE Fighter, we're way over due for another release.

Reaction score
I think you might be right. He's some kind of weapons program director, so this could all be proto-type stuff that he's been testing. Once he fails, the Empire would probably want to wash away his memory has quickly as possible.

I'm wondering if we'll see Vader take down the death troopers after they fail and strangle Krennic at the end of the film.
The scene opens near the wreckage of Krennic's shuttle. A pair of Deathtroopers, clearly battered but still no less intimidating, attempt to administer first aid to the injured Krennic while calling for medivac.

Moments later, the familiar sight of a Lambda class shuttle lands nearby. A number of Stormtroopers rapidly descend the ramp and survey the area. Krennic turns towards the shuttle, dread in his eyes.

We hear the familiar breathing first, followed by a flowing black cape. A polished black helmet glistens in the sun.

Without warning, the Deathtroopers are struck down by a glowing red blade. Lord Vader stands over Krennic, moving with surprising agility.

"You have failed for the last time, Director Krennic."

"Vader, I..."

"No more excuses. What did I tell you when last we spoke."

"..."

"It's NERF or nothing."

Reaction score
The scene opens near the wreckage of Krennic's shuttle. A pair of Deathtroopers, clearly battered but still no less intimidating, attempt to administer first aid to the injured Krennic while calling for medivac.

Moments later, the familiar sight of a Lambda class shuttle lands nearby. A number of Stormtroopers rapidly descend the ramp and survey the area. Krennic turns towards the shuttle, dread in his eyes.

We hear the familiar breathing first, followed by a flowing black cape. A polished black helmet glistens in the sun.

Without warning, the Deathtroopers are struck down by a glowing red blade. Lord Vader stands over Krennic, moving with surprising agility.

"You have failed for the last time, Director Krennic."

"Vader, I..."

"No more excuses. What did I tell you when last we spoke."

"..."

"It's NERF or nothing."
I could live with that as long as the Nerf stuff was removable.;)

Reaction score
Which one? The properly scaled wings one or the POTF2 era ones?
I hope with the properly scaled wings, but considering the TFA TIE's and before that I think the last OT TIE we got was the Target Vintage ESB TIE Fighter so most likely they will use the small wings. Because of "shelf space" as Hasbro likes to say.. I would say it's a good bet they will reuse the wings from the TFA TIE Fighter, I've taken the wing connector off it and it looks like all they have to do is switch out that connector and they could use that wing for classic or new TIEs, like the other TFA TIE variant. But I would prefer another release of the big wing TIE with the newer cockpit design.

Reaction score
Settle down peeps. The Nerf cannon is possibly removable (based on recent rumors floating around). There's no need to panic yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I wonder why Hasbro seems to be moving away from regular projectiles that have been and continue to be a staple in boys action toys. I don't think it's safety because plastic projectiles are every where still. Even in younger kids toys. It's like Hasbro just wants to tie Star Wars to nerf. Do they have surplus nerf missles or something?

Reaction score
​PLEASE! All this possibly removable is wishful thinking at its best. Star Wars collecting via Hasbro is truly DOA. Seriously, I give up.

Reaction score

From facebook. Looking at the description it appears to be designed primarily for atmospheric flight, but is space capable. By the look of the canopy glass on the top rear, it's at least a two seater vehicle in the film. Likely as a toy as well you would think.

[IMGhttps://www.instagram.com/p/BJW0_1LAjfi/[/IMG]

I give up on this image

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJW0_1LAjfi/

More images in this video. Malcolm is a top bloke. Rate comment and subscribe! :)
https://youtu.be/lEpQtbYfJwY

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Not much of a fan of this vehicle design, but I can imagine that the Empire would experiment with several different variations of the TIE Fighter design.

I'm actually more interested in the TIE Pilot figure than anything else. Ever since the return of 5POA, in 2013, a realistic TIE Fighter Pilot has been at the top of my want list.

Reaction score
I'd like to see some unboxed pics. I think the ship on the front looks kinda cool. I'm actually intrigued by this ship, but need to see it out of the box first.

Reaction score
The interesting thing about this ship is it ALMOST seems like its in the WRONG movie... Like it would have been cool in THE FORCE AWAKENS, too. Don't get me wrong, it's still very cool. And I am very excited about this film. But there is something about the design that looks like it represents an evolution and not a throwback, you know? Definitely will buy the LEGO version. And maybe THIS version is the nerf thing is removable... I really do like the design of this ship. It has echoes of the TIE BOMBER as far as the cockpit...

Reaction score
The interesting thing about this ship is it ALMOST seems like its in the WRONG movie... Like it would have been cool in THE FORCE AWAKENS, too. Don't get me wrong, it's still very cool. And I am very excited about this film. But there is something about the design that looks like it represents an evolution and not a throwback, you know? Definitely will buy the LEGO version. And maybe THIS version is the nerf thing is removable... I really do like the design of this ship. It has echoes of the TIE BOMBER as far as the cockpit...
I think the design of the wings look similar to those on the old TIE Defender, although they do appear to be larger than the Defender's wings. The "real" TIE Defender, not the lazy one Decipher designed using TIE Interceptor wings for their card game. While it has nothing in common, it remind me of the TIE Scimitar bomber. It really does look like quite the leap forward for TIE design, very futuristic as far as TIE's go.

Reaction score
:grin: That's the first time I have seen this! So funny!

Hoping it comes off? The projectile clips and the front landing strut disgree with you.

Reaction score

I don't know where the notion that they were designed to be removable came from?

But in this case like anything else you want to customize, it's more than likely Removable = you're going to need a screw driver.