TIE Striker "Value Line"

GNT

Reaction score
For those not wanting the TIE Striker with firing dart here's the next best thing a TIE Striker with no firing dart and no figure space as part of the cheap value line Hasbro releases:

News via Yakface.com

Thoughts on this item?

Reaction score
These are the tiny one-hand held ships like the Falcon at Dollar General. They have no moving parts and do not hold figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
well on the positive side of things, there isn't a nerf feature on these. So are these like old action fleet scale ?

Reaction score
Well my kid will like this and I am sure it will be pretty cheap

Reaction score
The Falcon is $15, so these will probably be around that price.

Reaction score
I expect the solar panels on this toy to be very soft and flimsy. Otherwise, they are perfectly positioned to stab out a little kid's eyes.

Reaction score
well on the positive side of things, there isn't a nerf feature on these. So are these like old action fleet scale ?
Agreed about the Nerf crap. So this is currently a better option for the price. Once I see out of box pics, I'll be able to see if I can make my own cockpit.
I'd rather spend $15 and modify, that $40 and have to do the same.

Reaction score
this is cool if you want to just display ships in the background or hang them from the ceiling but I think I'll skip this one and get the Nerf one instead. I like the option of being able to have my with pilots in them.

Reaction score
this is cool if you want to just display ships in the background or hang them from the ceiling but I think I'll skip this one and get the Nerf one instead. I like the option of being able to have my with pilots in them.
Most my ships are hanging from the ceiling, so since this has no silly Nerf and should hopefully look better, I might even consider getting this. Especially if it's only 15 quid. I can go without the pilot for one.

But if it's not fitting pilots in there it's not really part of the figure line, eh. :hmm:

Utinniii

Reaction score
I don't actually collect vehicles, but if I did, I would appreciate slightly different scales of them, so I'd like this toy. I imagine I would have the largest vehicles in the front and progressively smaller ones further back (with micromachines in the far far distance).

GNT

Reaction score
Not really a fan of the no figure part. Why make a value line?
It's aimed at the parents who don't want to spend big bucks on a toy for their kid when out shopping, not everyone has a disposable income when you factor in grocery shopping etc so a cheap alternative caters to this crowd.

Reaction score
I just saw this and the X-wing at Big Lots (in SC) in a Star Wars display, along with the new Rey and Mail 5" 3-POA figures. At $15 each, I left both vehicles.

Reaction score
I just picked this up today at Rhode Island Comic Con. I like it more then I thought I would. Somewhat bigger then Action Fleets, which is a main line I collect. Definitely a good display piece.

I also grabbed the Falcon. Not a fan of it honestly. Just a very bland piece. I'm either going to weather it or just get rid of it. I did see a review of the X-wing, I would like to get that one at some point however.

Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio
I saw this line at Big Lots and wondered what was the point of it, especially for $15. If it were under $10 it might be a nice impulse buy to put on a bookshelf or something. If it had a working cockpit, you could match it up with Micro Machine figures.

As it stands it's a model without having to put in the work assembling it.

Just not sure who this is aimed at.

Reaction score
Ugh, it's tiny then if that's the 3.75" K-2SO! Not much bigger than an old Action Fleet ship, like someone pointed out. Hell, those came with figures and were more than just a lump of plastic and they were less than $15.

Reaction score
I'm really digging this value line since I'm not interested in the 3.75" vehicles. Hopefully, Hasbro will release more of these. I'd love a TIE Advanced or an U-Wing.

Reaction score
I saw this line at Big Lots and wondered what was the point of it, especially for $15. If it were under $10 it might be a nice impulse buy to put on a bookshelf or something. If it had a working cockpit, you could match it up with Micro Machine figures.

As it stands it's a model without having to put in the work assembling it.

Just not sure who this is aimed at.

Kids and parents that have kids and are on a low income and want to buy little Tommy a Star Wars ship.

Reaction score
I bought 2 of them. it's makes a nice drone TIE. I could see the Empire employing Drone strike fighters into heavily armed rebel strongholds.

Reaction score
Okay, how do these exist yet Hasbro hasn't given us Galoob-quality Action Fleet toys with figures since 2000???
not sure really. I mean could be features in the Action Fleet over the Value Line. I mean Action fleet ships were $19.99 I believe and came with 2 mini figures and a few action features as well where the value line doesn't have more than 1 action feature and zero figures. I think I paid $9.99 for the TIE Strikers at Odd Lots in Freehold NJ. I almost bought the X-Wing and Falcon but passed on them.

Reaction score
I don't actually collect vehicles, but if I did, I would appreciate slightly different scales of them, so I'd like this toy. I imagine I would have the largest vehicles in the front and progressively smaller ones further back (with micromachines in the far far distance).
Ahh the old forced perspective trick! I went through a phase a few years ago where I had to get multiples of vehicles in different scales so when I eventually set up my camera booth I can have the cloud car up front with figures in it and several others of various smaller scales suspended by various means looking pretty authentic in the "​distant​" background. It's how I'd like to play with figures as an adult. So therapeutic. If only I could get past my toy hording disorder and make time and room to do it..

Utinniii

Reaction score
It IS therapeutic! You need to make the time (and space) as it really does help to keep one sane (and young).

The forced perspective is also a good way to utilize underscaled figures as well. I have 2 different B-9 robots that are too small but look good in the background. I have some PVC Stormrtoopers that also look fine further down a hall.

Reaction score
Ha! I never understood peoples complaints that Micro Machines vehicles weren't in scale with the figures. Even though I have all the big vehicles (except the BMF), I kinda prefer smaller vehicles as well. I received a TCW Y-Wing Bomber yesterday and once assembled I thought to myself, "damn, that's almost too big to display." On the flipside I really like how compact the Rebels A-Wing is in comparison. If I didn't have the space (and that's, among constant buying impulse, is why I even have all these big ships- damn collecting addiction) I would probably have no problem to sell of most of them (save for the vintage Imperial Shuttle, POTF II AT-ST, Landspeeder, Snowspeeder, Falcon, AT-AT, POTF II Tatooine Skiff, Ep 1 Naboo Starfighter, Trade Federation Droid Fighter and AAT Droid Tank) and just stick to Micro Machines, Action Fleet, DeAgostini, Micro Collection and model kits.

Reaction score
Hello! Could anyone please post a photo of the tie striker next to an action fleet tie fighter? I just want to see if they are about the same size, specially the cockpit.

Thank you!

Reaction score
Hello! Could anyone please post a photo of the tie striker next to an action fleet tie fighter? I just want to see if they are about the same size, specially the cockpit.

Thank you!
They are not. Tie Striker is about twice the scale (bigger) as the action fleet tie fighters.

Reaction score
I just picked up the x-wing. I work at BL so I get 20% off, lol.

It's not bad. It looks good when the wings aren't in attack position. Some type of flight stand should have been included.

Reaction score
I did some work on the basic Falcon. I added some tan panels on the top and changed the exhaust area to powder blue to match the Hot Wheels.

Considering that this was just $6 at Ross, I'm actually pretty happy with it. Better than the diecast Disney Falcon (which is too gray..)

Reaction score
All the ones they’ve done in the value series are pretty nice, including Poe’s boosted x-wing!