TIE Pilot - VC65

GNT

Reaction score
According to entertainment Earth A TIE Pilot is figure number 65 in the Vintage line. I believe this is the basic release of the TIE Pilot from the SDCC exclusive Death Star set.

Thoughts on this news?

Reaction score
This is a no brainer and I hope Hasbro keeps this kind of diversity in the line. I'll probably pick one up.

Reaction score
As much as the Ace Stripes are cool I'm hoping this is just a plain one.

Reaction score
This is cool but I heard its a rotj one? So that means the back of the card will probably, AGAIN, feature an improper first run history photo...if I remember it was an ESB that first ever came out...

Reaction score
looking forward to it, I could use 3 or 4 more, if Hasbro is going to quit packing pilots in their new vehicles then we need pilots (all sorts) on cards.

Reaction score
Spookymufu said:
looking forward to it, I could use 3 or 4 more, if Hasbro is going to quit packing pilots in their new vehicles then we need pilots (all sorts) on cards.
I don't mind pilots not coming with vehicles, as long as pilots are available at the same time. They did a decent job last fall, the only issue I had was that the AT-AT driver in the 9-pack wasn't the same as the one that came with the AT-AT. Really, the other way around, since the 9-pack had a better version. Everything else was available, even if they were exclusives.

Reaction score
I'll be picking a few of these up. I'm really hoping it will indeed be the plain helmet version.

Reaction score
pohatu771 said:
Spookymufu said:
I don't mind pilots not coming with vehicles, as long as pilots are available at the same time. They did a decent job last fall, the only issue I had was that the AT-AT driver in the 9-pack wasn't the same as the one that came with the AT-AT. Really, the other way around, since the 9-pack had a better version. Everything else was available, even if they were exclusives.
I think Hasbro plays on the psychological factor of "added value" when they include pilots, they do it a lot, and it works because I love getting pilots included with ships. It only bothers me when the figures are ONLY available if you army buils the SHIPS...which I sometimes do, but a carded offering of a guy like a Tie pilot is great because it appeals to me carded collecting desires and allows me to build some numbers of figures only.

Reaction score
I'm excited to get one of these, but I'm also anticipating the uproar that will ensue when people realize that it's just a straight repack of the existing figure and will not have articulated ankles.

Reaction score
In case anyone is curious, this is the figure included on this cardback:

It's POSSIBLE it might be repainted somewhat, but it's meant to be a straight repack.

Reaction score
Nice! A good ol' ROTJ TIE Pilot is actually just what I need in my collection right now.

Reaction score
The cardback of this figure is extremely cool, and could be my only purchase from this wave.

GNT

Reaction score
trevagg said:
Nice! A good ol' ROTJ TIE Pilot is actually just what I need in my collection right now.
It's been while since a TIE pilot was carded, I can't even remember the last time one was. It'll be good for the Imperial vehicles Hasbro releases every year or two.

Reaction score
Yep, 2004.
It's been a pack-in figure ever since, or part of a multipack.

Reaction score
I kind of hope Hasbro uses the paint deco that the TIE Pilot Biggs body used since it was actually black. The charcoal never looked right to me. It's an easy enough custom to do, but it would be nice for folks that just want him done 'right' out of the box.

Reaction score
It'll look great on the card, but I won't be getting it. I'm limiting my focus mostly to new figures and I already have about four of these guys already.

Reaction score
Might buy one since I don't have a TIE pilot, especially since it's a Fett head underneath the helmet. I'm a sucker for clones. But I'm sure everyone here already knows that.

Reaction score
Last time I picked up a TIE pilot was POTF2...I, have since, sold that one so if anyone needs an upgrade its me. Hehe...

Reaction score
It definitely doesnt have the stripes. I have the SDCC Death Star set and that tie pilot does not have the stripes.

I also previously only had the potf2 tie until the new vintage boxed tie came. I really wish I would have purchased 2.

Reaction score
I'm excited to get one of these, but I'm also anticipating the uproar that will ensue when people realize that it's just a straight repack of the existing figure and will not have articulated ankles.
I want him on the Revenge card to keep carded so he could have original Vintage articuation and I wouldn't care.

GNT

Reaction score
I'll be leaving mine carded as well and I have no plans for doubles so I couldn't care less if he was articuated or not :p

Reaction score
I may only get 1 to keep my TIE Pilots even. I have three POTFII's, three Ace's, and 2 sivers, leaving one empty space (that is now being filled by Baron Fel) that I hope to fill with a generic pilot.

Reaction score
I'm pretty pleased with this. How long has it been since we've gotten a new TIE Pilot carded? Long overdue! I may even get multiples. I just wish they wouldn't have stupid clone heads. But meh! I never take the helmets off anyway.