TIE Interceptor

Reaction score
Re: How many of you found the POTJ Tie Interceptor at TRU?

My TRU was swimming with these things for months. I bought mine when it was first released without any problems, and watched as the pyramid of Interceptors just sat there until December or so.

Reaction score

The one time I found these at TRU, there were about 4 of them. I bought one, butI really wanted two, as this was a childhood favorite.

Never saw them again either..

Reaction score

Got this from a comic shop about $30.Not bad price.

Reaction score

they were sitting on the shelves for months on long island. nobody wanted them anymore!

its hard to believe they were actually scarce in stores. they couldnt get rid of them by me.

one sat in a brooklyn toys r us for almost 2 years!

Reaction score

I saw a ton at my local tru ONCE. Thank God I picked it up. Never ever saw it again.

Reaction score

I found one and bought it. I opened it had it on display for about a year. now it's back in the box.

Reaction score

Originally posted by Jedimon2001:
I saw one. It was the only one they got, it was all banged up with sides taped and stuff. It was an opener no matter what because of the shape of thee box, but I got it anyways. Wierd thing is that it was on sale for $10. My TRU must of had a clearance on it. which makes sense because they keep a lot of items stocked in the back.
<font size="2" face="arial">Some TRU computers have the SKN currently listed for $9.90 retail. Although nearly all interceptors have sold out, somewhere out there there maybe an interceptor or two hiding in a store somewhere just waiting to be found and bought. Another reason is that the computers still list the interceptor in inventory although physically they are gone. In this case, the system need to be adjusted (called a POS adjustment) so that the cost can be purged from their system.

Til next report...

Reaction score

I saw one. It was the only one they got, it was all banged up with sides taped and stuff. It was an opener no matter what because of the shape of thee box, but I got it anyways. Wierd thing is that it was on sale for $10. My TRU must of had a clearance on it. which makes sense because they keep a lot of items stocked in the back.

Reaction score

I had seen Interceptors during a brief lapse when I wasn't really buying any Star Wars figs. When I started up again, it was gone. I did, fortunately, get a loose one off the classifieds board here for about the same price as I would have paid at TRU.

I have only seen the Re-issued Saga Bomber, and you bet I got it! I've seen it a few times since, but not lately.

Reaction score

I never saw the Interceptor at a TRU here in the Chicago burbs. In fact, I rarely see ANYTHING. I had to get mine off of ebay, won 3 but only received 2 cause one of the sellers bailed out.

Reaction score
Re: Tie Interceptor.

Modern Trading/Classifieds, pal.

Reviving a five year old thread...heh, wow.

Reaction score

Way to dig deep for this thread though. At least you didn't start a new one. That should make some people happy.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Man, that was funny. I started reading through this thread and started to get scared that there was actually a Tie-Interceptor vehicle hitting stores. I was about to have to wonder why I hadn't heard a single thing about it until I finally noticed the date of the original post.
Silly me. Wishful thinking I guess.

Reaction score

Well, you could always pick up the POTJ one. After reading through this thread, I want one now. Again, stupid distribution.

Reaction score

I had no problems spotting them, actually I remember coming across them more than a few times but it was always no more than 4 at a time. I actually ended up passing on them each freakin' time though.

I didn't get mine till sometime in 03 through the classifieds section here (before I lost my password to my old screename that I barely even bothered posting with
), and why I still think till this day that it was a dope deal since it was sold to me at retail price with the shipping included...even though it remains boxed I still really like it, great vehicle indeed.

Reaction score

WOW wish I could find one, ofcourse in the classifieds, but you know its kinda hard to swallow 80-100$ when I used to see it on the shelf all the time for the 34.95 at the store!
but thats the price to pay when u pass it up all the time

Reaction score

Captain_Needa said:
but thats the price to pay when u pass it up all the time
Yep, and especially vehicles more than figures! basically if you want it get it then or be prepared to shell the big bucks later...it never really fails.

Reaction score

Rebel_Commander, you rock! You know how to use the search feature!

I love the interceptor, it's one of my favorate ships on film and one of my favorate toys.

Reaction score

a little OT but I also love the ROTJ AT-ST and the Soeeder bike.

Reaction score

TX_412 said:
a little OT but I also love the ROTJ AT-ST and the Soeeder bike.
Was this set really limited in numbers? i know it was an exclusive but the price i see it going for on the secondary market seems very steep..compared the the other POTJ exclusive vehicles that is.

I was looking to find an AT-ST (any version) in 2003 and managed to get this set loose/mint with the Speeder bike + Paploo figure for about £17 plus p+p from ebay,at the time i didn't think it was an especially good deal really..but i was happy.And now even some speciality stores over in the UK are selling this set for £50 and they still seem to dissapear fast.

Reaction score

I remember seeing this vehicle exactly once at retail. There were 4 at a TRU and I said to myself "I'll pick this up next month when I have more cash." I never saw it again. A friend sold me theirs a few years later for retail though.

Reaction score

Darth_Anton said:
Rebel_Commander, you rock! You know how to use the search feature!

I love the interceptor, it's one of my favorate ships on film and one of my favorate toys.
Apparently you got the Darth Anton seal of approval.

This is actually one of the few exclusives i bought for PotJ. I really liked it, because it had the remolded wings, and I didn't have the Vintage Interceptor. However, with the Target TIE that was released I really hope that we get a new Interceptor with larger wings.

Reaction score

This was one of the gems in the POTJ line. Luke's Snowspeeder and the TIE Interceptor were freakin' awesome.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

echoplex said:
This was one of the gems in the POTJ line. Luke's Snowspeeder and the TIE Interceptor were freakin' awesome.
Yeah, if I had to choose which vehicle I liked the most in this line it would be a close toss up between the Tie Interceptor and the B-Wing. I love the B-wing!

Reaction score

JGordon24 said:
Yeah, if I had to choose which vehicle I liked the most in this line it would be a close toss up between the Tie Interceptor and the B-Wing. I love the B-wing!
Nice ships, but as far as I'm concerned, nothing touches the TIE Bomber.

Reaction score
TIE Interceptor Size?

I recently picked up the Toys R Us exclusive TIE Interceptor from TLC. However, it's a little bigger than I would like it to be. I'm looking for a TIE Interceptor that's about as big as the TIE Fighter that was released in TLC when TCW toys first came out in 2008. Would I be looking in the right place if I picked up the Interceptor from POTJ?

Reaction score
Re: TIE Interceptor Size?

Lt__Brenn_Tantor said:

As you can see they are the same, just minor modifications on them.
Shoot. All right, thanks for your help