TIE Interceptor

G

Re: TIE Interceptor boxed musings

Nothing that wasn't expected. The $29.99 price is TOO high, even with the figure pack in. I wouldn't be surprised if they have bins and bins of Tie Pilots somewhere already made, too. The Price should be $19.99.

Dax

Reaction score

I heard a rumour that the Pilot will have articulated knees which would be pretty cool! I guess we'll know for sure when the first 'prototype' shows up on Ebay in the not too distant future. Can't wait to get a hold of one of these bad boys. Well OK, maybe two

Dax

Reaction score
When will we see the Interceptor & Dirty Biker Scout?

When we see the Interceptor on the shelves at TRU? I thought the biker Scout would be out by now, where is it? When is it due?

Reaction score
Re: When will we see the Interceptor & Dirty Biker Scout?

The Tie Interceptor is for a June / July release. The dirty biker scout is going to be onthe pegs any day now.

------------------
Boba Binks, the most feared Bounty Hunter in the Universe.

"You're not a collector's item! You are a child's plaything. You are a toy!"
Buzz Lightyear - ToyStory2

Reaction score

Has there been any pictures posted yet? Usually we've seen what they look like by now..

G

I can't beleive some of you guys are even complaining. A new sculpted cockpit? How many new sculpts has Hasbro made of OT ships? 2 (3 including the now confirmed TIE bomber)? The vintage one even used the same cockpit as the regular TIE.

As long as it's got the paneling molded on the wings like the other TIE, I'll be snagging one.

Reaction score

Woo-Hoo!

According to the All-Powerful BananaPunk, the TIE Pilot will have articulated knees and better poseability!

I was planning on picking up a TIE Interceptor, but now I'll have to make sure I find one.

Nataku

Reaction score

I'll be picking up 3 of them. One to keep as-is and two to create my TIE DEFENDER !!!

------------------
SIENARtestPILOT
Undertaker extrodinaire to the
elite membership of
Collectstarwars
and all-around creepy person :D

Reaction score

I don't do the vehicles unless I really like a figure they come with, so I'm disappointed that the TIE Interceptor Pilot looks like it's the POTF2 one. A really nice new pilot sculpt would have been a good excuse to get it. I'd sure like the dirty Scout Trooper too!

------------------
Please visit my homepage at http://freeweb.pdq.net/nighthawk/starwars.htm Thanks.

Log

Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RocketFett:
A really nice new pilot sculpt would have been a good excuse to get it.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh, last time I checked the POTF2 Tie pilot was a pretty damn good figure that does NOT need a new sculpt. It's one of the few orange card figures that was done right from the start.

About the "dirty" Scout Trooper, is it shipping in the upcoming re-release case assts?

------------------
"I am a Jedi like my father before me."-Luke Skywalker

Ty

Reaction score

Check out this auction on E-Bay. It is a First Shot Scout Trooper (most likley legitimate)

Anyway, look closely at the right side of his armor. There's an 'X' in it, almost like a battle damage mark. I wonder if this could be a test shot for the upcoming Dirty Biker Scout...

G

Cool!!!

[This message has been edited by Darth Gouthraop (edited 06-01-2001).]

G

think this is funny. You all are talking about the dirty scout when i have never seen the first one on the shelves

Reaction score

RY-T,

The "X" mark on the biker scout in the photo is common to most first shots that come through Hasbro's US facilities. It's not unique to the biker scout, and it's not part of the mold.

-Vic.

Reaction score

Dear Hasbro, I'd like my shot at finding a clean Scout Trooper at retail, too. Thanks so much.

Reaction score

The Tie Pilot that comes with the Interceptor has bendable knees.

------------------

gMt

Reaction score
New TIE Interceptor pics from official site

Check out the new pictures of the Interceptor from the official site on the BHC front page. Seeing this thing out of the packaging is getting me a little more pumped up. I'm still annoyed about the battery compartment (conveniently hidden in the photos; I know, quit bi***ing)
but otherwise it looks VERY good. I like the pilot figure as well. I was in the "don't need a resculpt" camp, but the new pilot looks pretty cool.

Check it out!
http://www.collectstarwars.com/POTJ/POTJTIEinterceptorloosehasb1.jpg
http://www.collectstarwars.com/POTJ/POTJTIEinterceptorloosehasb2.jpg

[This message has been edited by Grand Matt Tarkin (edited 06-08-2001).]

Reaction score
Re: New TIE Interceptor pics from official site

Are we sure the pilot is a resculpt?

I almost wish Hasbro would just stick to figures. How much is this thing supposed to be? $30? The cost of 6 figures, and a hell of alot more of my space taken up.

I may stop collecting ships, after reading my post!

------------------
Are you like me and want to see a new set of Ewoks? Sign up! 357 names and going strong... http://www.geocities.com/chiefchirpa_888/

gMt

Reaction score

I don't know if it would officially qualify as a resculpt, but it does have articulated knees.

Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grand Matt Tarkin:
I don't know if it would officially qualify as a resculpt, but it does have articulated knees.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point.

------------------
Are you like me and want to see a new set of Ewoks? Sign up! 357 names and going strong... http://www.geocities.com/chiefchirpa_888/

G

Grand Matt, it's not a resculpt...more like a retool. Same basic mold but tweaked in a different way. In this case the articulated knees. The Luke Skywalker packed in with the Snowspeeder will be the same way. I don't know for sure if Luke will have articulated knees but he will have a unique paint application from what Hasbro tells me. And BTW, both figures are stand alone, and not molded in to the cockpit.

In any case, the pack ins shouldn't be the main selling point for the vehicle. Collectors can now enjoy a nice TIE Interceptor without having to plunk down a lot of money for a vintage one.

==============================
Webmaster
CollectStarWars.com
http://www.collectstarwars.com
bananapunk@collectstarwars.com

[This message has been edited by bananapunk (edited 06-08-2001).]

Ty

Reaction score

Well, it looks completly awesome to me! They've retooled the wings completley, with the crosshatch pattern I was hoping for. The over all detail on it looks great! I didn't even think they'd give it any detail work...great job H!

BP, this Luke...are you saying they're going to give us the '95 Luke X-Wing/Snowspeeder figure with articulated knees? I think a definite 100% redo is neccessary for this fig..just my 2

G

Hasbro tells me it certainly won't be the new X-Wing Luke repacked in to the vehicle. Expect a retooled figure, maybe an updated '95 Snow Speeder Luke with new paint applications. Stay tuned until I can get more info.

==============================
Webmaster
CollectStarWars.com
http://www.collectstarwars.com
bananapunk@collectstarwars.com

gMt

Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bananapunk:
Grand Matt, it's not a resculpt...more like a retool. Same basic mold but tweaked in a different way. In this case the articulated knees. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah. I guess the torso is the same. It seems like his upper body is a little bulkier, but it may be because with the articulated knees pull the legs in tighter. One of them optical illusion thangs.

[This message has been edited by Grand Matt Tarkin (edited 06-08-2001).]

Reaction score

From the Official Site: "There will be a new version of Luke as a pilot."

"New version" is kinda vague. Guess we'll have to wait and see. I agree, I'm looking forward to the vehicles more than the figures. Retooled pilots are just icing.

G

Resculpt or retooled. Call it what you will. I think it looks GREAT & I can't wait to add one to my collection.

Reaction score

Really looking forward to this. Don't really care about the pilot detail, he will probably just sit in the cockpit.

------------------
Inconceivable!

G

Well.. I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this but.. Remember CSW's previous report on the interceptor, where they had the pic of it boxed? Could it that the vehicle inside that box was the tie fighter, and the tie pilot in it was also the POTF2 tie fighter pilot? I mean - maybe a mock up of sorts? Because, the reason which made me think it would suck when i saw the boxed pic, was that the color of the ship inside the box was exactly the same as the tie fighter.. while if you look at the interceptor pictured in the box, or the ones in the movies, they have very different color schemes. Well, if you check the tie interceptor pictured today in the official site AND the figure...they both are very different from the ones that were in the box. the interceptor especially - it has different colors and new painted elements. Take a look yourself:

http://www.collectstarwars.com/POTJ/POTJTIEinterceptor3.jpg

http://www.collectstarwars.com/POTJ/POTJTIEinterceptorloosehasb1.jpg

Hell, it even has "dirt" on it too!

Anyways. I'm VERY happy to see the colors on the tie interceptor are VERY accurate now. Can't wait to get one!
Please disregard if this has been pointed out before..

------------------
"And in times of greatest despair there shall come a savior and he shall be known as the Son of the Sun"

Webmaster & Graphics Designer @ www.ArtoosNews.com

[This message has been edited by SonOfTheSuns (edited 06-09-2001).]

Reaction score

What SOTS said. I was so disappointed when I saw that first picture of the Interceptor that I vowed not to buy it.

However, my faith has now been restored by seeing the new pics. I don't know why Hasbro couldn't have removed the battery compartment and added the rear viewport, but I'll definitely be adding it to the buy list now.

Reaction score
Re: The New Tie Interceptor looks great

I totally agree! I think the new TIE's look awesome! The only Vintage TIE I own is Darth Vader's, but one improvement I think POTF2 and POTJ made with the TIE's is that the solar panels no longer have those stickers on them which could peel off.

I also agree with you about the TIE Pilot...the POTF2 one is great as is...no real need to change him.

------------------
My name would be MattFury...if I could type!

"There's no mystical energy field that controls MY destiny! It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense!" - Han Solo

G

The New Tie Interceptor looks great

I like the color scheme and I'm glad they didnt remake the Tie Fighter pilot. Thumbs up. I like one this better than the vintage version. I like most of the vintage ships better , except for the Tie Fighters and now the Interceptor. The Tie Bomber looks really good too....

I hope I can find The Interceptor without a hassle..... Unfortunately , Something tells me I'm gonna have to dish out some extra bucks on ebay....

gMt

Reaction score
TIE Interceptor proto on eBay

Just a question for you prototype collectors--I'm very interested in your opinion of the the Noble Toys auction for the TIE Interceptor auction. Specifically, one of the wings on the auctioned ship looks BROKEN OFF. No, I'm not confusing it with the detachable wing feature. In one of the pictures you can clearly see where the hub receptacle is filled in. The wing won't attach to the cockpit pod--you even see in the one picture where the guy is holding the ship together.

My question is: do you want a prototype that can't even be displayed properly without some glue (or your hands)? Does this not take away from the value of the prototype? Just curious.

(BTW, as of this writing there are no bids on it, but I'm sure there will be.)

gMt

Reaction score
Re: TIE Interceptor proto on eBay

I guess the lack of responses answers my question, huh.

Seriously, I now see that someone has bid on the ship. A fool and his money are soon parted.....

Just kidding, if you're reading this and you are the bidder. I guess I just don't understand the appeal of spending big bucks on a broken ship, even if it is a prototype. BTW, could it be said that the VINTAGE versions are prototypes of the POTJ one? Does that make a vintage one worth the same amount? Just a thought......

Reaction score
Tie Interceptor....when and where??

Is the Tie interceptor gonna be another Target exclusive and when will it come out..approximately of course!!

G

Re: Tie Interceptor....when and where??

I Think it´ll be out by August, and Im 100% sure it´s going to be a TRU exclusive.

------------------
"Hi Lisa! Hi SuperNintendo Chalmers!
Im learnding!"

Reaction score

It is shipping in Mid-August to the Toys-R-Us stores. According to one of my contacts who works there they will be on the shelf from that time until September.
The MSRP is $29.99, I think it will be more at the store.
I am thinking this toy will be hard to find. It is a new ship and everyone wants it.

------------------

Reaction score

I'm hoping Canada gets these as well, I'm hoping to get a couple, one to hang from the ceiling and one to keep packaged, these new ships look great in their boxes..

G

Hey Brew, I'm right with ya... Target exclusives are practically the bane of my existance (right next to the exchange rate)

Hopefully we can get some news from TRU whether or not they are going to have the exclusives... happened with Death Star Escape, 12" Han/Tuantaun, so why no this one?

What about the Bomber though... who has THAT ship?