Fel's time will come.
(hopefully
)

------------------
[o] <o> [o]
"Stay in attack formation!"

G

Re: new tie interceptor

Too late. The TIE Interceptor has already at the finishing stages of production and is ready to ship to stores.

G

Re: new tie interceptor

Have you seen pics Shabby? Does the pilot look good or is it the same POTF one?

Reaction score
Re: TIE Interceptor boxed musings

"What a hunk of junk!"

The pic of the TIE on the box looks nice. Sleek and a cool grey colour, but the actual toy is just the TIE fighter cockpit, which itself was just an adapted vintage Vader's TIE cockpit. If this is really the finished item, I'm not getting it!

Reaction score

What did you guys really expect? If you aren't happy with it, don't buy it. Then I'll be able to get several
(someone had to say it)

Everyone has a right to their opinion, but this is about what I expected and I am happy with it. I like the 95 Tie Pilot, so no need for improvement IMO. I also like the original Tie Fighter. It would have been better without the battery pack, but it doesn't kill it for me. It will match my regular Tie fighter. I'm alot more excited about the B-wing, which is also the vintage mold and a reissue figure.

Ret

Reaction score

Grand Matt Tarkin, it makes sense that it says " Vanquish the imperial fleet" becuase it says that under a picture of the thing blowing up. So it's begin vanquished.

G

Indeed, great scoop! i also wasn't expecting pics of the tie int. today, at all!

I am, however, deeply dissapointed with the product. As it was stated by the person who started the post, I was expecting a new cockpit mold being used. the battery compartment is silly and...damn... the vintage interceptor is probably even better - least it has some interesting colors (if not accurate). Now..on the pilot.. why even include it if you can buy that carded real cheap? Where's the new tie pilot sculpt? I guess it was a bogus rumor

Overall, I'm not looking forward to this item now... at all. However, this is probably the first dissapointment (possible dissapointment, at least) for me, in the POTJ line. I love it so far...and I AM looking forward to the B-Wing!

------------------
"And in times of greatest despair there shall come a savior and he shall be known as the Son of the Sun"

Webmaster & Graphics Designer @ www.ArtoosNews.com

G

I never had the vintage one, so I am glad that they made this one. WOOHOO, Im all over this when it hits the shelves in July. Open Open Open

Ty

Reaction score

Yeah, really! I am at least glad we are finally getting all these vehicles! I didn't even used to collect them till the Y-Wing came out, now I've found myself trying to pick up as many as possible..

Anyway, it definitley doesn't have electronics (If that was even in dispute) You can see where the original red light used to be is just a gray round peice.

Overall, I'm looking forward to the B-Wing the most, but the Interceptor will find a warm home on a shelf at my place too

Reaction score

Well, I'm sure the Interceptor will look good loose, but I don't like that box at all! A tiny little window that just shows the cockpit and pilot? What's the point? At that rate, just give me a solid box, with better artwork on it.
Thanks though to Hasbro for putting it out. Sure they've gone the lazy way again using the old mold, but I'm happy to have the chance to buy one in the modern line.

G

I´ll get one without a doubt, if I see one, but the battery compartment is the only thing that bothers me.

------------------
"Crazy. Toys in the atic, I am Crazy."

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

gMt

Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ret:
Grand Matt Tarkin, it makes sense that it says " Vanquish the imperial fleet" becuase it says that under a picture of the thing blowing up. So it's begin vanquished.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Good point, I guess, although I thought the advertising usually talked about using the toy in a positive way. Like, "Use your TIE Interceptor to vanquish the Rebel Fleet" or something like that. I guess it makes sense, though.

[This message has been edited by Grand Matt Tarkin (edited 05-22-2001).]

Log

Reaction score

*in best Frasier Crane voice* Quite stylish.

I really like this. TRU always orders exclusives in fairly good quantities so hopefully we'll all find it in no time when it comes out. The pilot doesn't look different but honestly all it should be is a re-pack of the 1996 pilot. That's an excellent figure and it still looks good today so hopefully they repacked the original.

It might be a recast of the vintage Interceptor but that mold works and looks good so why redo it? How could they change it?

------------------
"I am a Jedi like my father before me."-Luke Skywalker

Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PhoenixCollector:
TRU always orders exclusives in fairly good quantities so hopefully we'll all find it in no time when it comes out.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point. Also remember that Amazon.com will most likely have this available. They had the 12" Dewback and currently have the He-Man 5 pack exclusive to TRU. With any luck, Target will have the B-Wing on line, but I'm not holding my breath.

Reaction score

Great scoop! now lets see some pics of the deluxe figures.I also wanted a new POTJ pilot sculpt.But I'll still buy it.

G

I don't have a vintage TIE-Interceptor so the fact that Hasbro is "re-making" it is great. Especially since the vintage one was so nice.

Reaction score

I can't wait for it to hit Toys R Us...my nephew will be home from Alaska for the month of July (he's 6) and he LOVES to come to his aunties house and play with "her" toys
What until he sees this ship!! Last year I bought him a ton of action figures (I love clearance items!!) so when he gets this ship he is really going to be thrilled!!

Reaction score

I hope a picture of it loose comes out. It appears to be about what I expected. I did not think they would make a new mold. The pilot is allright. Not too much to improve on from the first one anyway. It would have been kind of cool to have a Baron Fel. I am not much into EU but I like that character.

Reaction score

It's not a battery compartment. It's the trunk space for those long getaway vacations.

Woohoo. This should be a fun toy.

Reaction score

I'd say that this is about what I expected. Nothing really earth shattering with this vehicle, but it will be a good pickup. Definitely going to get this to add to my TIE fleet. Now if we could only get a TIE Bomber.

------------------
Inconceivable!

gMt

Reaction score
TIE Interceptor boxed musings

Don't get me wrong, I'm REALLY excited about getting the new TIE Interceptor, but there are a couple of things I noticed after looking at the boxed pics on the front page.....

I'm a little annoyed that they are using what appears to be the EXACT same mold as the vintage one. Granted, that was a good mold, but I don't understand why they still have that retarded battery compartment extension on the back of the cockpit pod. It looks like they tried to hide it in the pictures, but it's there. How hard would it have been to re-do the back to be more accurate to the real design of the ship? Either that, or include some frickin' electronics!

Also, shouldn't the text on the blow-away solar panels read, "Vanquish the REBEL fleet", not "Vanquish the IMPERIAL fleet"? BIG packaging error, Hasbro. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

[This message has been edited by Grand Matt Tarkin (edited 05-22-2001).]

Ty

Reaction score

The last thing I expected to see today was the Boxed TIE Interceptor! Great Scoop BP

It looks great, too! I am VERY glad it is going to retail for that $29.99 too. That is WAY more reasonable than $49.99 that some sites have reported in the past...

Anyway, looks like the 95 TIE Pilot. Maybe not though? His hands look like they are at a different angle, but otherwise is identicle. My main concern is if they are going to have decaled wings, or tooled ones! I never liked how the vinty ship has those large stickers on them. I guess we'll know soon!

[This message has been edited by reeyees-tessek (edited 05-22-2001).]

gMt

Reaction score

I thought the price point was $24.99. $49.99 for that? I don't think so. Not from my wallet, anyway.

Ty

Reaction score

Sorry bud, I should have read the whole article before assuming it was still $49.99

edit...edit...edit...

G

Not only is it the old mold but the "Unique" Imperial Pilot looks exactly like the first one!!!!! Big rip off!!!

Reaction score

I think it looks okay. Nothing great, but okay. I second the vote for a Tie Bomber!

Reaction score

So, are we all in agreement that the pilot is IDENTICAL to the POTF2 one?

------------------
[o] <o> [o]
"Stay in attack formation!"

Reaction score

The box describes it as "unique". Maybe his right foot is pointing in a different direction or something, but he looks exactly the same to me.

G

The POTF2 TIE Pilot remains one of the best figures in the entire line. I was expecting that the retooled release would have moving biceps or moving knees but thank God we're not receiving another direct-to-pack-in abomination like Luke Jedi or Han in Carbonite.

Keep in mind that Hasbro is bending over backwards to release any vehicles at all. Anyone expecting a new mold for a trilogy vehicle shan't very well receive one and a marginal redeco of a good vintage spacecraft shall do well enough for me.

Reaction score

I think that the vintage Interceptor is still the baddest Tie Fighter ever made, and I'm glad that it's being re-released, regardless
of whether the mold is new or not. I do wish
that it was a litle darker though, it just doesn't look as beautifully sinister in blue.

G

I think the intercepter would be great, my old one broke beyond repair so it sonds like a cool thing

Reaction score

Once again, I am pretty pleased with the vehicle, but the figure isn't so great. But I guess that short of more articulation, what new can be done to a Tie pilot. At least this isn't the repackaged b-wing pilot crap. If the pack in figures aren't going to be good, leave them out and lower the price. The vehicles kick ass. I would still buy them without a pack in if it meant lower price. Really, how many of you are happy with the figure pack ins as of late? At least the y-wing pilot was new, unlike the 15th jedi luke, the horrible soon to be carded bespin security, the sullastan pilot in the b-wing.
Anyway, the interceptor looks cool enough. Thanks for the scoop BP.

Log

Reaction score

The Y-Wing pilot wasn't new. It was a new head put onto the Biggs body.

The Bespin Security that comes with the Carbon Chamber set isn't the one that will be carded. I can't comment on the pack-in one(don't have the playset) but based on photos, I think the carded guard will be much better.

Regarding the Tie pilot, why mess with perfection? Re-packing it makes sense instead of wasting time and money on a new sculpt.

------------------

Reaction score

Well PC, the body may have been old, but the head was new on the Y-Wing Pilot. Things like different heads are ok because the face really seperates the figures. If you don't have the Bespin Guard yet, you will know what I'm saying when you do. BTW, how did you feel about the Jedi Luke and B-Wing pack ins?

Log

Reaction score

That's what I said about the Y-Wing pilot before. New head, old body. Works ok for me.

As for Jedi Luke, well if you mean all of the Jedi Luke pack-ins(CG and Skiff-correct me if there are more) I kinda like 'em. The face could be ALOT better than what it is on the Skiff Luke but the CG one isn't too bad. Nothing too great but way better than high-heel Jedi Luke from 96.

I like the B-Wing pilot. Yeah it's just Ten Nunb with some new paint ops but it's better than a generic human pilot anyday. When's last time an alien pilot came with a fighter? I think it makes the B-Wing a standout piece.

------------------

Reaction score

I see your point PC. Personally, I like to have new stuff. When I pay extra for the b-wing to get a pilot that I already paid for from the rebel pilots set, it makes me a little mad. If it was just repainted or had a new head, then it would be different. I like to think that the extra price is warranted. But hey, that's just me.

Reaction score

Looks like the Color of the ship was meant to look/vibe with the Original POTF Tie fighter (which I want about three more of!). An that cool since I was a lil worried about the Inty looking strange in a Tie fighter hanger Diorama I have built. As for the pilot, I am under the impression that its the same as the POTJ pilot only with Knees. Which again is cool since A) The POTJ pilot was dope B) The new and old will look cool together C) Read on S.W. com that the bomber gets the same one so once again my Tie hanger will be stacked with pilots that all look like they belong together. I want at least two of the Interceptors and a bomber. I had a Vintage interceptor that got much play as a kid. It was my all time fav vehicle/ship from any toy line. But back in the day it was hard to get it to sit properly since it tippied forward and rested on the front edge of the ion panels. Does any one have any ideas on how to make one sit straight? I guess I could use the C.T.C. stormtrooper gun racks or prop them up on a R2Q5.