TIE Interceptor

G

I read this over at ADC. Someone who works at a TRU sent this into them.

"I work at Toys R Us parttime and found three new skin#s(Inventory numbers) in our computer system.1.)The Palm Talkers are 239553 listed at I think 9.99 2.)12" Figure assortment One (this one confused me because its not the Bounty Hunter wave because I have a # for that its 204709.It could be for the Han Stormtrooper wave) 3.)this last one should be the most interesting Tie Interceptor w/Pilot listed as 29.99 skin#239316(could this be a exclusive I dont know yet.)Also when I went into our system that allows us to check our WASHINGTON DC warehouse all of above showed no items ordered as yet.Sometimes we receive the inventory #s 6 months ahead of time.For instance the 12" 100th Luke and 12" Sith Lords have not shown up my way but the skin#s are in the system(if u need them here they are 142894-100th Luke,119380-Sith Lords)"

Thanks to Jakmnm2 for the heads up.

Reaction score
Re: Tie-Interceptor news

SWEET! Can't wait to see what it looks like!!!

------------------
"The avalanche has already started....it's too late for the pebbles to vote"

Dax

Reaction score

Guys, this info came out almost 2 Months ago now from out of Australia. It was posted at a very reliable site http://www.echotrooper.com/ so it really shouldn't come as a big surprise for you all. I agree though, I can't wait to see it in the flesh and I really hope the pilot is Baron Fel with a removable helmet!

Dax

G

YEEEEEHAAAAAAAH! I never got a vintage one! Thank the maker!
Now where's that Imperial Shuttle? (Just kidding Hasbro! Doin' a great job!) Damn it's good to be alive! If you're a STAR WARS fan that is!

G

driley I know it was reported to be in the computers at a TRU in the outback but this is the first time of it showing up here in the states which hopefully means we will see it in a few months.I for one can't wait.

G

I know its a little too soon on the Bomber, but does anyone know if the Interceptor will have some kind of electronics? I was disappointed w/ the initial TIE Fighter not having sounds, IMHO it would have been the best POTF ship if it had. Thinks of it, the TIE had the coolest sounding engine and lasers. If it had 3 sounds it would be soooo sweet! A flyby, laser cannons, and that cool semi-depleted lasar cannon sounds. I can't remember how much the TIE was originally, but I think I paid $20 the first time I saw it. If the Interceptor is going to be $30 i hope it has sounds.
what do you all think?

come to think of it, i fell like we got a little screwed w/ the A-Wing too, i mean it even has the battery compartment! oh well!

------------------
"Who's scruffy-looking?"

[This message has been edited by amarch (edited 03-25-2001).]

Dax

Reaction score
Re: TIE Interceptor & Bomber

I think the problem is that these days adding electronics to a toy costs extra in development costs, assembly and everything else and at the end of the day would probably add another $10 to the price of the item. While a lot of people would be happy to pay that there are a lot more who would possibly be turned off by the extra cost on what is already becoming a too expensive hobby.

Also for those that keep items mint in box all those electronics are wasted and if the batteries are still in the item they can even be dangerous to their collection!

There seems to be more perceived value in adding a figure to a vehicle these days instead of electronics and at least you can see a figure through the plastic window that your ship comes in. Even for collectors that open their figures and vehicles many just take the item out, play with the sounds a couple of times and then remove the batteries and place the item on the shelf or in the diorama.

It's just not a very popular gimmick with collectors these days although I think that adding them into something like the FX X-Wing is a must and really makes that toy. If they ever make an FX TIE Fighter with correct size wings then I think your idea of sounds would be a great addition. Till then, leave them out, give me a new pilot or other figure and save me a few bucks

Dax

Reaction score

For me, the electronics would only get in the way when I rip two of 'em apart to make my TIE DEFENDER

Reaction score

Does anyone know if it's coming with a figure pack in and what figure that would be?

Darth Ray

G

The TIE Interceptor won't have any electronics, and it does come with a new TIE Pilot.

Reaction score

It looks as though Hasbro is starting pack figures with ships and vehicles now as evidenced by the Skiff and Y-Wing. I see no reason for them to stop catering to collectors now.

I would like to see this thing, and others, come with sound as well. But because they usually end up hanging from my ceiling and untouched for months at a time I will settle for something that just looks fantastic.

G

The Interceptor will have a pilot... with a $29.99 price tag!
As for electronics, those silly guns that Hasbro made with Episode one had electronics that were simple and small, they could have simply used that concept over again.

G

Keep in mind that the TIE Interceptor is larger than the TIE Fighter (if you compare the vintage Interceptor to either the vintage or POTF2 TIE Fighter). That may be part of the reason behind the price. And also because it's exclusive.

Reaction score

No electronics for me, please. Gonna hang the ship from the ceiling with all of my others. No need to pay extra for that.

------------------
Inconceivable!

Reaction score

All I want for the Interceptor is to have a new sculpt for the cockpit. I hate that handle on the back from the vintage sculpt, especially if there are no electronics. Much prefer some ion engine detail on the back instead.

G

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shabby:
Keep in mind that the TIE Interceptor is larger than the TIE Fighter (if you compare the vintage Interceptor to either the vintage or POTF2 TIE Fighter). That may be part of the reason behind the price. And also because it's exclusive.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
hmmm, wasn't it just the wings that were bigger on the vinty interceptor?
The price is 100% exclusive. LOL.

Reaction score

I'm hoping for electronics, not as fancy as the Elec. FX Xwing, but more than the do-nothing tie fighter.. somewhere in the middle, like the Falcon.. just some flyby and laser sounds.

------------------
He's no good to me bent

G

I'd take a figure pack in over any bells and whistles anyday!

------------------
Sincerely,
Dustin Roberts
Dustin@rebelscum.com
Webmaster, Rebelscum.com

Reaction score

I hope that the Tie Interceptor comes with a resculpted cockpit pod as well. I'm not counting on it though.

John

G

i'd assume it will be very much like the vintage one with a repaint since the y wing and skiff were.
i believe the vintage one had sounds and lights.

personally all i care about is keeping the price low hopefully $20 like the last 2. if that means no bells and whistles that is fine with me.

G

Too late. The price is already set at $29.99 as a TRU exclusive. That better be one amazing new TIE Pilot we're getting with this thing.

[This message has been edited by Shabby (edited 03-28-2001).]

Reaction score

No T.I.E. sounds?
We already have a T.I.E. pilot figure, so this pilot should be painted like Baron Fel's squadron,IMO.

[This message has been edited by sithblade316 (edited 03-28-2001).]

G

new tie interceptor

i thiught it would be cool to add instead of a standard tie pilot, baron fel with a removeable helmet. what do you think.

G

Re: new tie interceptor

Very good , but does Hasbro know who he is? I do.

Reaction score

That would be cool, but we're probably just going to get another TIE Fighter pilot. Not that I'm complaining about that.

------------------
My name would be MattFury...if I could type!

"There's no mystical energy field that controls MY destiny! It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense!" - Han Solo

G

Baron Fel is an expanded universe character. You're not getting him with the TIE Interceptor. It's a generic pilot.

G

Re: Tie-Interceptor Picture ?!?

That's not a picture of the upcoming POTJ TIE Interceptor.

G

Probably not but how do you know for sure?

Dax

Reaction score

Because Shabby is omnipotent. He sees all and knows all. The only problem is getting the information out of him as he won't volunteer anything. It's like getting blood out of a stone at times

Reaction score

The image looks fake to me. Someone probably took a picture of the vintage and just added color in Photoshop.
I will not believe any pictures until it is from Hasbro.

------------------
Boba Binks, the most feared Bounty Hunter in the Universe.

"You're not a collector's item! You are a child's plaything. You are a toy!"
Buzz Lightyear - ToyStory2

G

Shabby why don't you share your inside dirt on what is going to make the new Tie-Interceptor look so different for the vintage one that you could say without a doubt the picture isn't of the new one. Come on spill the beans

Reaction score

Forgat about the picture of the TIE Interceptor....I can't stop drooling over the picture of all the POTF2 figures! I also like the "From Ackbar to Zuckuss" line.

------------------
My name would be MattFury...if I could type!

"There's no mystical energy field that controls MY destiny! It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense!" - Han Solo

G

i thought with people complaining about pilots with the other ships, that something different would be a cool change. i mentioned baron fel because of artist tim bradstreet, who did the first couple of covers to darkhores comicbook series.

Reaction score

They did Thrawn and Mara Jade, so I don't think it would be outrageous for them to know who he is! I suggested this in an earlier thread about the Interceptor. It would be nice to have it come to pass. (But I ain't holding my breath!)