TIE Fighter - Updated Cockpit

Reaction score
looks good but the two grey saga tie fighters i have are sufficient for me!
can't see there being much demand for this considering a lot of people would have the one of the previously released ones

Reaction score
Looks great - a testament to the strength of the original Kenner design that they're still using it as the basis for new TIEs.
I'm sure there'll still be a few nay-sayers complaining about the screw points on the pylons, or the supposedly 'inaccurate' viewport, but it's always been good enough for me. The new cockpit interior looks awesome as well!
Can't wait to see the finished product.

Reaction score
^^^

Like me!
I'm sure there's a way to internally keep the cockpit screwed together. But I'm relieved it took them a short 32 years to figure out the 'third' laser cannon.

Reaction score
Looks pretty cool. I won't be rushing out to replace my existing TIEs, but if in the future I do buy another it'll be great to get the bonus of updated cockpit detailing as nice as this. It's certainly a giant leap forward in terms of complexity.

Reaction score
This is good news! I will just wait for this to come out instead of getting the one that's at toys r us now. The only big scale tie fighter I have right now is the rebel one. I'm glad I read this post before I picked up the one at toys r us!

Reaction score
Considering I've skipped all the large-wing TIEs so far, this may be the one to pick up! Now, to find ROOM for it... (one of the major reasons I didn't pick up the previous ones, along with POTF2-pack-in crap or just not really caring for the deco/price/whatever)

Good that they've upgraded things. Very nice.

Reaction score
Now I don't need to hunt down another Big-Wing TIE. I'll just wait for this one instead.

Reaction score
I may get one. I'm not sure. It definately looks like an improvement over the old one.

Reaction score
So the one after this will be the one with the electronics then? I believe the TIE fighter is proof positive, as if we really needed to cite a particular example, that Hasbro deliberately hold off upgrades to use as an excuse for a later rerelease.

However, I have a grand total of zero large wing TIEs and am determined to get this one..maybe two. Heres hoping for a grey one. Even if the actual props were blue they didn't look blue in the films so I'm for the grey version.

Reaction score
Devo said:
So the one after this will be the one with the electronics then? I believe the TIE fighter is proof positive, as if we really needed to cite a particular example, that Hasbro deliberately hold off upgrades to use as an excuse for a later rerelease.
My thoughts as well.

Reaction score
My only complaint about my tie interceptor is that the cockpit seat sucks, and the pilot can't even see out the window because he sits way too high. I've been tempted to rip the seat right out, and have the pilot sit on nothing. I would be tempted to get one of these for the cockpit alone, and put the interceptor wings on it.

Reaction score
ReverendStrone said:
Looks pretty cool. I won't be rushing out to replace my existing TIEs, but if in the future I do buy another it'll be great to get the bonus of updated cockpit detailing as nice as this. It's certainly a giant leap forward in terms of complexity.
That's pretty much how I feel man, I just got the TAC white large winged TIE (which I love btw), so I'm not in any hurry to update it. It is excellent however, to see the interior getting some new love though - & the ixnaying of the superfluous third nipp.. I mean, middle gun.

Bravo Hasbro!

Reaction score
It's nice but it's too little too late I feel for me. Possibly a lot of others as well. It'll be interesting to see their pricepoints for this one. Too bad they wouldn't offer just the cockpit without the wings for those that want to upgrade. Like many others I'm out of room and continue to lose interest.

GNT

Reaction score
Looks ok but I doubt I'll be picking this one up, I'm already hgappy with the versions I have hanging around.

Reaction score
I don't see why it's that big a deal. It's not like you'd be displaying the TIE Fighter with the inside of the cockpit in plain sight anyway. Just another attempt on Hasbro's part to try and get more money out of us. I haven't bought any of the larger scale TIEs, happy enough to get by the the POTF version.

Reaction score
I haven't bought a TIE fighter since the POTF2 version came out. If I can find somewhere for this, I may buy it.

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to find the TIE in the grey/gray color and liked them. I saw the repaint at TRU (white) and passed since there were no real changes and now I would be interested in this one with the updated cockpit. Even seatbetls are so awesome and so politically correct.

Reaction score
Right, just when I'm making this:

But I applaud Hasbro's efforts, just like their update A-Wing cockpit.. The tub-with-stickers approach is so 80s and it was about time the cockpits got this treatment. I only hope they are completely done with the small scale TIE. That's a thing of the past.

Reaction score
Ugh. I already have five of the big ones - one blue, two grey, two white.

Don't really need/have the room for another.

Reaction score
I might get two, just to sit to the sides of a future updated Darth Vader's Advance Tie Fighter. Good thing I skipped the Saga2 one(s).

Reaction score
IncomT65 said:
Right, just when I'm making this:

wow is that sucker gonna light up?

nice custom.

But I applaud Hasbro's efforts, just like their update A-Wing cockpit.. The tub-with-stickers approach is so 80s and it was about time the cockpits got this treatment. I only hope they are completely done with the small scale TIE. That's a thing of the past.

Reaction score
Its a nice touch, but certainly not worth picking up the ship all over again only for that. If you were planning to add another TIE to your army anyway, well then youre in luck, but otherwise, no big deal here as far as I'm concerned.

Reaction score
AArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So close, yet so far!!!!

The cockpit pod is now almost perfect, but Hasbro still gives us the darn "ejecting wing" feature crap nonsense that produces sagging wings on the Big-Winged Tie!!

At the very least Hasbro, Please, please, please make this ship very light Imperial Grey and give us the same thing (in the same color) shortly afterward with the movie accurate TIE INTERCEPTOR.

Reaction score
my tru still has 10 of the old ones sitting there with a inch of dust. its nice but come on. is this really need at all?

GNT

Reaction score
boff123 said:
my tru still has 10 of the old ones sitting there with a inch of dust. its nice but come on. is this really need at all?
I know a couple TRU's here still have the older version warming the shelves. This version will no doubt sit along side the older version for years to come.

Reaction score
This trend of constant, incredibly slight updates to TIE fighters is really scummy, and not in a good way like this website. They should have done this back when they first released the big wing fighter.

I ain't getting another TIE until they fix the flattened hexagon on the back, as seen here. I'm pretty sure all the angles in it are supposed to be equal.

Reaction score
I think they just need to redesign the whole damn central part of the ship. Then that will be the ultimate Tie Fighter.

Personally, I think collecting the ships is becoming a chore because they are releasing too many versions in too short a time span. They had to make every prequel era ship in CW colors and now they are re-releasing the ARC-170 in Imperial colors for a whorish price and I'm sure it won't be too long until the Gunship comes out that way.

Unless it's a new ship, I think I am going to see if I have the patience to wait out these re-released ships until the very the end of the line, 2018, 2030, 2050, whatever it might be. At that time, I'll look on Ebay, or whatever site exists since Ebay is making all the wrong business moves right now, and buy the best versions of the ships. I may not be getting too many ships for a while but at least I won't have to own 50,000 Tie Fighters or 32,000 Gunships to make my decision. If there are more than one version of each ship I like it will still be a considerable savings.

Reaction score
The only way I will get this is if they have the two main guns light up with movie accurate sound effects and the price point is good. Then and only then will I get one.

Reaction score
DARKLORD1967 said:
..Hasbro still gives us the darn "ejecting wing" feature crap nonsense that produces sagging wings on the Big-Winged Tie!!
It's such an annoying feature isn't it! I have mine sitting on top of a bookshelf, so the wings are always resting level on a surface. People wanting to hang them up must really hate the sagging wings, it looks terrible.