TIE Fighter Pilot Legends in 3-Dimensions Half-Scale Bust

Reaction score
I figured a couple of weeks ago this one was coming out after seeing those pictures they posted as he was being made...

It's one I might consider getting, but do I want to start collecting yet another line? ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks pretty sweet. I’m getting the Mando and want this... and the Maul... and kinda Kylo.

Also not the least bit worried that fighter is spelled like that. Nope, not worried at all.

Reaction score
Anyone else find it odd that every 1/2 scale bust they've revealed so far has the head/eyes turned to the right?

Reaction score
It's a beautiful piece! Any word when they are doing the Vader? It's ironic, that was the FIRST one they previewed and yet it seems to be the only one not in production yet LOL.

Reaction score
If I decide to go all in on this line , I'll get this. Otherwise , I'll wait for the AT-AT Driver.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Looks cool, but after my (now ex) retailer canceled my Mando bust without no forewarning (day one po) and the bust is sold out in preorder everywhere, i'm so frustrated that i will skip the whole line...but with Mando, Maul, Kylo and now Pilot, a nice line-up so far!

My guess for the next announced busts would be Storm/Sandtrooper, Scout, Vader and Boba! :)

Reaction score
Don't forget the older releases either.
Some of them look pretty darn good ! And they can usually be picked up for cheap , at least for right now.

Reaction score
The one's pictured above were made by Legends in 3 Dimensions before Diamond Select acquired the brand. I'm glad they decided to continue the line under the same name ! Also , I found a shakey video on YouTube that confirms that a Stormtrooper is also being done for this line ! It's not the best video , but shows most of DS booth at NY Toy Fair 2020 !

Reaction score
After rewatching the video , I noticed the trooper bust is actually a First Order trooper , not a Stormtrooper.

Reaction score
I really like these legends busts but I'm just not willing to pay the ridiculous shipping costs to the UK. I think I'm pretty much done with DST, they seemingly couldn't care less about their overseas customers.

Reaction score
Lol, yeah; that's what I thought, too. And to think, years ago I was DYING to have that awful thing, lol. The Greedo looks pretty good, though I do prefer a more blue skin tone. Tusken Raider's pretty solid, too.
True. I like Greedo, Fett and the Cantina guy the most. The Sandman looks a little goofy, however. I think that other than the Emperor, they were all pretty good for their time, though.

Reaction score
True. I like Greedo, Fett and the Cantina guy the most. The Sandman looks a little goofy, however. I think that other than the Emperor, they were all pretty good for their time, though.
I still own the ESB Boba. I love it! I used to have the Emperor, Greedo and the Guard statue. At the time, I loved them. The Emperor did look decent from a side angle.

However now, I feel only Boba and Greedo have stood the test of time.

Reaction score
The TIE Pilot looks very nice, will wait to see in hand photos and then decide if buying it or not. I might go for a Stormie (if it looks decent, as in 1/2 the inaccuracies will be be very obvious) and AT-AT Driver.

Reaction score
* Someone asked on Facebook about the half scale TIE pilot bust, and it did not surprise me to read this answer:

Andy Geary: Tie Fighter Pilot? When will this be made available?

Reply by Gentle Giant, Ltd: Andy Geary The Tie Fighter doesn't have a determined date yet but may be available sometime in 2021

Who cares about the OT, right? Maybe sometime next year or the next. Let's milk the cow with a million Mandalorians in all scales and designs. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Finally! I'll be getting this one to go with my Koto TIE pilot. :)

1613753787234.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
The photo looks like it's leaning / warped.

Be nice to see a few more pics before deciding.
I don't own any of these busts and have been keen to add this to the collection since the first preview last year.

Reaction score
They made the base black too? In the original pics it was grey. Something about the whole thing looks off in these pics and I can't place it.

Reaction score
I wonder if it's just the photos that are darker or if they changed the colors on it. I liked the earlier photos. More color contrast.
The base looks black which is a mistake if you ask me. The Original shots of this bust had a grey base which adds a nice contrast. Also even the vest looked slightly lighter than the chest piece in the oiginal. Now it looks to be the same black tone. I don't know if it's just these pics or it's been changed. I definitely liked the initial reveal photos at the booth better.

Reaction score
I’m picking and choosing what characters to get from this line. This is a definite buy for me and pre-ordered already (Picked up Iron man the other day from this line, that’s also a lovely piece).

Noticed that some characters have shoulders (Beskar Mandalorian and First Order trooper) and others not. I hope they keep this line standard as I’m comfortable with the way they are now.

Reaction score
I’m picking and choosing what characters to get from this line. This is a definite buy for me and pre-ordered already (Picked up Iron man the other day from this line, that’s also a lovely piece).

Noticed that some characters have shoulders (Beskar Mandalorian and First Order trooper) and others not. I hope they keep this line standard as I’m comfortable with the way they are now.
I'm waiting on UK supplier to list this for sale before ordering