ThunderCats

Reaction score
Reaction score
Agreed about Slithe. If his arms can't be posed downwards because of the gimmick, then no sale. I really hope that's not the case, because he's otherwise a good figure. As far as the armor, MAYBE if Bandai makes the Plun-Darr armor and they compliment each other, I'll consider it.

Reaction score
They'd probably be better than the Bandai ones...

Claudus looks okay. Panthro looks fine. Deluxe Panthro is crap. And Slithe looks as lame as most of the Deluxe figures, too! No elbows? No knees? The Lizard Cannon driver got better treatment than Slithe! Mumm-Ra looks okay, it's just a shame he's not really in scale... I'd rather see a newer & slightly improved 6" Mumm-Ra for use with the 4" figures.

Show's still enjoyable, tho I really wish there was more consistency with Lion-O & Tygra's relationship, and that they'd played up the rivalry over Cheetara a bit more earlier on. In the latest episode, there were a couple ham-fisted parts, like where Lion-O comments LOUDLY that Cheetara's gonna choose him after she sat back down in the Thundertank, with the top hatch still open. "Dude, she can HEAR you!" I was thinking. There was a similar moment last week, too. Then when the the Kittens reveal themselves, seemingly while Lion-O and the rest are still a bit lower on the mountain, Grune looks and sees them all 'hiding' in the bushes right behind the kittens. That was a pretty lousy bit of writing. Wilykit's shouting out a challenge, and they all keep their heads OUT of the bushes so the villain can see 'em? Weak.

But, the original show's still got tons of far, far weaker moments.

Reaction score
There have definitely been weak moments in this show. More than there should be in it's inaugural season, but hopefully the writing will find it's way sooner rather than later. As far as the decisions that Bandai is making, there are too many bad ones for such a new license. I am hoping the 4" figures as a whole will hold enough interest for the line to keep going, but they have crapped on collectors yet again with the Classics. Release two figures, then trickle out a third and reduce the line to 6"? I don't think that's very smart. Mumm-Ra is incomplete in my eyes without a cape. The Lion-O face is horrid.

Reaction score
As far as the armor, MAYBE if Bandai makes the Plun-Darr armor and they compliment each other, I'll consider it.
In the interview that was posted with the reveal of Lion-o's giant armor thing - the interviewee all but said yes about making the Plun-Darr armor.

But then again this line could die from lack of newness in the next wave. Seriously? One new main line figure - and he is a dead character at that. I don't see him resonating with the kids - he will probably be short packed. And then Slithe. Toonimator did a good job pointing out all of his shortcomings that I overlooked due to the crappy action feature.

:sour:

ps - this past week's episode was one of the better/best episodes imo

Last edited:
Reaction score
In the interview that was posted with the reveal of Lion-o's giant armor thing - the interviewee all but said yes about making the Plun-Darr armor.
I can read. :/ I was merely stating that it would be a more sensible purchase if the companion piece is indeed made. They are not 100% on it yet. They should have prepared them for release at the same time, maybe even as a two-pack with exclusive extras at one of the retailers. Sometimes I really wonder about the lack of forethought that toy companies exhibit.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ordered the Tower for $13.99 and the Tank for $9.99 for my son for Christmas from Amazon tonight.

Reaction score
I just grabbed the Tower at that price. I swear next year I am just not going to buy any big ticket toy items that I know will sit around in favor of Amazon pricing... The GI Joe Skystriker is $17!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Found the smaller classic Lion-o and Mumra this morning at Target!

Reaction score
popped in to Target today and saw the single card figures, deluxe line figure, the box set of 4 figures, and the new 6 inch screaming face Lion-o and Mumra - they both look great, even Lion-o

Reaction score
Stopped by WalMart and found Classics Tygra and Lion-O marked down to $8.44. Decided to pick up Tygra, as I already have Lion-O. I had not been too keen on Tygra but couldn't pass up that bargain.

Reaction score
Stopped by WalMart and found Classics Tygra and Lion-O marked down to $8.44. Decided to pick up Tygra, as I already have Lion-O. I had not been too keen on Tygra but couldn't pass up that bargain.
That's a good deal. If I see them at that price, I'll definitely pick them up.

Reaction score
Picked up the 6 inch Classics Lion-O at Target last night. Passed (for now) on the Mumm-Ra but he looked good. A shame he comes with no weapons.

Reaction score
Found new 4 inch thundercats and Mumra's vehicle at Wal-Mart today.

Reaction score
Saw the Armor of Omens at WalMart last night, priced at $23.97. I did not pick it up, but it's out there! Was looking for the 6 inch Cheetara but no luck so far...

Reaction score
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]I've been wanting this line since I saw the Toyfair pics last year. I finally scored some yesterday. I found a SDCC Lion-O, regular 8" Lion-O and Tygra, and 6" Mumm-Ra. Just. We'd 6" Lion-O classics.

[/FONT]

Reaction score
I found the new wave at WM in Osceola, In. today. I grabbed Lion-O's dad (Claudus?), new Lion-O, and new Panthro. The new Panthro actually looks better in hand. When we first saw pics on him he had pink around his mouth for his lips I guess. The actual figure has no pink lips, making him look fierce instead of like a clown. The back of the card however still show Panthro with pink lips. Hopefully no Panthro figures were shipped with the goofy pink lips.

I also saw Mumra's ride and didn't even pic it up because it ahd a $29.99 price tag underneath it. Amazon.com has taught me better...

Reaction score
Ok so first off Lion-O

Here is the old one:

and the new one with Dad:

oddly enough I thought that before opening this figure he just had a new lower left arm and a new head - not true. His whole right arm is new. On top of that both of his lower legs are all new because now he has no ankle articulation... This move by a toy company always baffles me... Why the hell would they use tooling dollars on making a figure less articulated? This is just like the "deluxe" crappy version figures that come in say the Iron Man. Fpr whatever reasons toy company decide to make new tooling for no reason... /end rant. There might be other new thing about him too. I think they may have "updated" the pre-existing tooling on him like they did on Panthro - I will get to him later.

Claudus is pretty standard for the line. swivel hea, ball jointed shoulders, single hinge elbows, swivel wrists, ball jointed hips, single hinged knees, but again no ankle articulation. All around a nice looking figure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
And now for Panthro:

This was where I initially started scratching my head. Is this an all new figure or did they just tweek the existing mold?

You can see new details on the sculpt such as dimples filled in on the raised bumps on his belt to the left and the right of the thundercats symbol. I originally thought just his head and arms were new but then I started looking at other minor details. One the first version there was just one screw in the Panthro figures lower back area and it was in the center of his lower back. Now on the new figure he has 2 screws in the same area - both are left and right of center in the same region as the previous figure. The new figure does come with a new coiled nunchuck accessory. The coiled nuncheck accessory is inaccurate now with the new figure - the new version does not have the fists at the end of the nunchecks. Something else Bandai did was fill in the shoulder joint holes on the new versions of all of these figures.

But again, Panthro has also loss ankle articulation in this new version for whatever the heck reason... Also his new arms have no articulation below the elbow. One thing I do like about this new version is the paint job. I already mentioned in my previous post that they took away his goofy lips, but I also like how the new version is not glossy. Ad since you cant tell from the pic quite that well, his nunchuks are painted appropriately now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thundercats Bandai Panthro classic

Does anybody know when/if this is coming out?

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I clicked that link and it just took me to this very thread.