ThunderCats

Reaction score
I think the distribution on wave 2 was almost as bad here in the states. I never saw it at normal retail until the closeouts at 5 below. (And yes, I did pick up the few I was missing, so I've completed the run- woot!)
Wow, just saw a full wave 2 assortment in a bargain store here for 99p each.
So wave 2 basically bypassed all the main toy retailers and just went direct to the clearance outlets. :\

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sounds good - Thanks for the info. I'm now kind of regretting not getting any of the 2011 Thundercats re-booted toys, especially after they went on sale. The new Thundertank was especially cool..I did really like the entire re-booted Thundercats cartoon, and saw the whole short-lived season on DVD.

From the news, it's not clear if these 2015 figures will be a continuation of the re-booted toy series, or more in line with the '80's series - not sure which series I liked best, since I liked aspects of both...the anime-style appearance of the re-booted figures/cartoon was great....

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
Sounds good - Thanks for the info. I'm now kind of regretting not getting any of the 2011 Thundercats re-booted toys, especially after they went on sale. The new Thundertank was especially cool..I did really like the entire re-booted Thundercats cartoon, and saw the whole short-lived season on DVD.
It's funny the Thundercats toys from 2011 are still hanging around on toy shelves here. Sometimes even the larger scale ones as well.

Reaction score
Sounds good - Thanks for the info. I'm now kind of regretting not getting any of the 2011 Thundercats re-booted toys, especially after they went on sale. The new Thundertank was especially cool..
The design was good, but the toy DEFINITELY wasn't. Still stacked up in my local TRU for £9.99. It was a terrible toy.

Yeah unless Mezzo was able to wrestle the right from Bandi.
Bandai don't own the rights - their US licence expired in 2013 and they didn't renew.

Reaction score
If they continue in the 4" scale, I'm all for it. But sadly it will most likely be 6" or taller. I thought the 2011 figures were alright, but they failed their promise of doing the Classic figures in the 4" scale! I just wasn't into that Animated look. I even contemplated buying a couple several times, but they just didn't fit my needs aesthetically.

Reaction score
I fully intended to collect the 2011 Thundercats line after seeing the pics. online early that year - however, after the line actually hit, I just wasn't into any of the figures - even the classic ones. I also came close to buying some of them over the years, but never actually did....I guess I just didn't want to get pulled into collecting yet another line of toys. If the line had continued, I may have been into getting some of the more obscure alien characters that had been made in the original line, i.e. the Snow-ape alien - if they had been re-made in the new line, etc.

I do regret not getting at least the 20XX Thundertank, since that was such a great vehicle. I remember seeing this on sale @ Big Lots a while back, but since my local BL closed not sure if it's still on sale @ that chain.

It will be interesting to see how the 2015 Thundercats line looks @ Toyfair (if they're on display there) - I have a feeling I'll be more interested in seeing them than any new SW offerings this year...

Last edited: