ThunderCats

Reaction score
I saw this at TRU today - it looks awesome! I will probably pick one up next time I get a coupon and have nothing else to use it on.

ThunderCats 14 inch Action Figure - Mumm-Ra - Mezco Toyz - Toys "R" Us

ps - last weeks episode was pretty darn cool. At one point Lion-O was whipping around the Sword of Omens just like he used to in the old cartoon. Also, without giving any spoilers away, the episode had a very "Godzilla" feel to it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Pretty good ending to the season (many are speculating series ending). It will stink if this is it because, and I will spoil slightly, the season ending didn't end - it was made to continue on to the next season. It was also nice how in the season finale they tied together a lot of the story arcs.

Now, having said that, today I saw that Target put everything from this line on clearance and I am thinking others will follow suit. So, unless they are looking to make a packaging change and just saying out with the old - stick a fork in this line - it is done.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Pretty good ending to the season (many are speculating series ending). It will stink if this is it because, and I will spoil slightly, the season ending didn't end - it was made to continue on to the next season. It was also nice how in the season finale they tied together a lot of the story arcs.

Now, having said that, today I saw that Target put everything from this line on clearance and I am thinking others will follow suit. So, unless they are looking to make a packaging change and just saying out with the old - stick a fork in this line - it is done.
I saw the Target clearance, too... was really tempted to get Deluxe Mumm-Ra and a 2nd Deluxe Grune just due to that.

Still, most Targets I've visited only ever really had Deluxe, maybe some vehicles. I think only one had basic figures, and that was just Mumm-Ra and Lion-O (surprise, surprise). If Bandai had treated these better, not gone so cheap on accessory plastic and bumped up articulation & sculpt a bit more on many, AND hadn't stupidly put Mummy-Ra in the first freaking wave with such a heavy distribution in many assortments, maybe this line would've had a shot.

All I hope is that the series continues. I want to see the fallout from the betrayals in the finale, see 'em find the final stone, and see some more 'Cats show up (see if Lynx-O survived the first arc... if Bengali will show up... and new 'Cats, too!)

Reaction score
I grabbed the Mezco Mumra today. Very cool. After I put him together it wasn't too long before the tiny peg on his back broke off after my countless attempts to get the darn cape on. No worries though, If you raise his arms up all the way it still looks right without having to modify it any further.

Reaction score
Finally picked up Tygra and Lion-O at a Target that actually had basic figures (on clearance of course), and they also had Wilykit! Never seen her in the wild before. Back at a local Target, I found a lone Cheetara on an endcap, so snapped her up. Only missing Panthro & Wilykat from the small-scale now.

Reaction score
store cancelled my order for tygra but managed to get another set of modern thundercats from a friend

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm on the fence about the 6" Classic Lion-O. Price is dropping fast so I am gonna wait for the best deal I see

Reaction score
I scored a modern 6" Panthro at Ross for 6 bucks and some change. I've passed up on this figure multiple times because of the Tygra debacle, but for 6 bucks I figured what the heck. It's a really nice figure.

Reaction score
That's too bad. I don't know why they cancel shows like this and GI Joe Renegades.

Reaction score
It WAS pretty good, and could've improved if they'd allowed it. But Thundercats was an '80s show thru & thru... it was meant to sell toys. They just frontloaded production of the original so there was TONS to go thru, inspiring viewers to beg their parents for the toys.

Here, CN didn't do that, and far too many of the toys were crummy. Lousy wave assortments had Old Mumm-Ra clogging pegs for months, and most Targets seemed not to have it on their floorplans, either, for most of the time the show was on. Toy line tanked, show was uneven and didn't match the quality of Young Justice which set the bar VERY high... damn shame. I wanted to see them at least have another season to find the last stone & take down Mumm-Ra.

GNT

Reaction score
Wow the show didn't last long, the toys are only just starting to show up here in force.

Reaction score
Yeah, I enjoyed the show. It's too bad.
I liked the show also. Would be nice if they could finish the story off on DVD...Not sure if they made any new episodes past what was already shown on tv?

Reaction score
I liked the show also. Would be nice if they could finish the story off on DVD...Not sure if they made any new episodes past what was already shown on tv?
DVD / Blu Ray would be cool. Not likely that they have developed episodes past what was actually aired, though.

Reaction score
I ended up with a Tiger Flyer that I don't need. I'm offering it up for $20 shipped. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Reaction score
This line has been sitting around at Five Below for a while, and I just found Claudus for the first time, so I'm pretty happy. He's huge! They also have V2 of Lion-O and Panthro, and the basic carded Mumm-Ra (not the mummy version). At $4 each I'll probably grab them too someday soon.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Finding Panthro with metal arms, Mumm-Ra transformed and Claudus at retail in UK was pretty tough, but finally did it a while back.
Wave 2 got pretty much zero distribution here, it seems.

Reaction score
I think the distribution on wave 2 was almost as bad here in the states. I never saw it at normal retail until the closeouts at 5 below. (And yes, I did pick up the few I was missing, so I've completed the run- woot!)