ThunderCats

Reaction score
Oh no doubt. Bandai is flubbing it hard enough that Mattel might still get it, someday.
Flubbing? How can you say that? Because most Targets don't even carry it? Because those that do only have the one multipack (which include the Lion-O and Mumm-Ra you already got--or chose to skip--months ago) and maybe a single Mumm-Ra or two and some Deluxe crap? Because Toys R Us has been sitting on pegs of Mumm-Ra and the lame Lion-O and Tygra Deluxe figures for months? Because the toys themselves, in the small scale, aren't all that great with few exceptions? Because the plastic used in the accessories is so subpar that Classics 8" Lion-O can't hold his sword at any angle but vertical or the blade will droop noticeably? Because....oh, nevermind, I see your point.

Reaction score
Flubbing? How can you say that? Because most Targets don't even carry it? Because those that do only have the one multipack (which include the Lion-O and Mumm-Ra you already got--or chose to skip--months ago) and maybe a single Mumm-Ra or two and some Deluxe crap? Because Toys R Us has been sitting on pegs of Mumm-Ra and the lame Lion-O and Tygra Deluxe figures for months? Because the toys themselves, in the small scale, aren't all that great with few exceptions? Because the plastic used in the accessories is so subpar that Classics 8" Lion-O can't hold his sword at any angle but vertical or the blade will droop noticeably? Because....oh, nevermind, I see your point.
:)

I see what you did there.

Reaction score
Agreed on all aspects. This line needed to be managed much better. It still has a ton of potential if they fix things quickly.

Reaction score
got 4" lion-o & tygra a couple of weeks back. i'll try to pick up cheetara & panthro next when i have the time

Reaction score
finally had time to take pics of my thundercats 4" modern figures

still missing the 2 kittens & snarf i'll track them down once i have the time. if i can't have the complete line up in the 6"line atleast i'll have them all in the 4

still hoping they can make the other 3 thundercats

Reaction score
I think they were $5.98 at my local store. I just looked online at TRU.com and thats what they are there too.

No biggie though, we already have all the figures! lol

I did notice that they did have the newer deluxe set at my local store - Tygus with his flying thing for $10 - so that was nice.

Reaction score
Seeing that this line is going downhill I returned my Thunder Tank to Walmart and used the money for MU and TF Prime figures. TC has so much potential but until I see better figures I done with this line...

Reaction score
its the reverse here in the philippines. so far the line has been officially released here in the malls we the got the 1st wave of modern 4", 6", & 8" classics . no sign of the 2nd wave of 4" & 6" & 6" classics. the 8" were the 1st to go. managed to get the kittens for a cheaper price than the specialty store i order from.

Reaction score
I was at Walmart yesterday and I noticed they had a number of things on clearance there too. Can't remember exactly but I think it was the Thundertank, the Armor of Omens, the Tower of Omens, and the modern 6 inch figures. I think everything else was still regular price

Reaction score
The line could've been so great. Love the way they've handled the show so far.

Reaction score
Where they failed me was no classic versions in the "4 scale.
I almost bought Lion-O and Cheetara a few times, but something just made me put them back every time.

Reaction score
new additions

plus armor of omens

some additional 6"

Reaction score
here's hoping to hearing something new soon. I want some bad guys for this toy line. it was nice seeing Pumyra on the show and I liked what they did with her character. Maybe we will see Benagli and Lynx-o soon? And given the description of some up coming episodes we are going to be seeing another bad guy from the original series in this next episode.

Reaction score
I am thinking we will. I saw this over at Thundercats.ws

At Anime Matsuri, Matthew Mercer, the voice of Tygra on the new Thundercats cartoon, held a panel. In it he candidly discussed where the series stands and how it's doing. Here are some bullet points from the panel, courtesy of LioConvoy at the Thundercats Lair Forums:

• Cartoon Network is supposedly skeptical about doing Season 2
• Season 2 (second 26 episodes) have been ordered, but not yet produced
• Toys were not selling well to kids
• Thundercats moved to Saturdays to draw more kids in to buy the toys and watch the show
• Cartoon ratings have at least doubled since move to Saturday mornings
• He said watching it legally, and buying the merchandise is best way to support the franchise

While several of the points sound pretty doom and gloom, the 2nd to last one is what really makes me think this will keep on chugging. Doubling the ratings has to do excellent things for the line I would think.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Right, and I guess in the first bullet I over read the word "supposedly" - but I guess a voice actor might not have all the ins. I just find it really odd that they could be skeptical at all if there was a doubling of ratings.

GNT

Reaction score
Toys were not selling well to kids
It's weird the show is on here but they don't have the toys to go with it, even worse visiting stores like BBTS state that the toys will only be sold to US citizens...it's like ok they don't care about the internation market anywhere. Silly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's weird the show is on here but they don't have the toys to go with it, even worse visiting stores like BBTS state that the toys will only be sold to US citizens...it's like ok they don't care about the internation market anywhere. Silly.
That is odd. I'm sure there is plenty of revenue to make internationally.

GNT

Reaction score
Seems very odd, I'm the kids who are watching the show here would like figures from it but when they go shopping with parents none are to be found.

Some companies are weird I swear.

Reaction score
just got 4" mummy mumm-ra & tygra. so far we still got lots of stock of the 1st wave here looks like they are selling ok

Reaction score
1 of my tygras arrived

thought i'd never get one. when my other order became indefinite.

Reaction score
Well, "The Forever Bag" episode was probably the worst episode of this series so far IMO. The one thing I did like was the magic word they had to use to get in the bag. I won't spoil it for those you haven't seen the episode.