ThunderCats

Reaction score
Picked up classic 6" Mumm-Ra a couple of weeks ago. Very nice figure. Now I just need to get Lion-O to go with him.

Reaction score
How do you like him?

I have not got around to opening him yet - but he is as basic as the Lion-O and Tigra from the Thunderacers. The paint apps are nice though. We will probably never see this guy on the show again so I imagine this is a good enough release for him - I am not certain he even needed released.

Where is Jaga? He had more air time than Tygus. And I imagine he will going forward too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Seems like this line is dying down a bit. I mean, I know we've only gotten one wave, but I'm not too sure if this line will last that long.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I found 6" Lion-O today at Walmart. All caught up on the classics line. Bring on the next wave.

Reaction score
So, I think I might have read it somewhere, but I totally didn't realize that while Bandai was tweaking the for Lion-O they also took out his waist articulation..... Seriously, wtf???

I forgot to check Panthro, I wonder if he is the same? Or did he not have a waist to begin with? update: never mind, he never had waist articulation.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just picked up the entire first wave of figures, Tower of Omens, battle tank, racers and lizard cannon on clearance at Wal-Mart... nice addition to my loose action figure collection. Now, I just need to find the second wave of figures and pick up deluxe figures to round out this set. :O)

Reaction score
Well, finding info on this line/show sucks. It seems no one knows when news episodes will be airing - but it looks like new episodes have aired in Ireland according to this thread over at thundercats.ws

Thundercats New Episodes In Ireland

and for those who have not seen them yet here are some snapshots of Monkian (Addicus) and Jackalman (Kaynar) from these new episodes.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attac...undercats-go-new-series-announced-atticus.jpg

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attac...hundercats-go-new-series-announced-kaynar.jpg

Reaction score
uk fans i e-mailed ban dai uk and have been told we will get wave two and the armour and muraas acr thing but not until the aurtum so a long wait im afraid.

Reaction score
The cartoon is fantasic, I think the toys have a lot to be desired though (i'm taking so called collector grade 6 inch figures) this should have been in scale with the MOTU classics and done in the sane quality)

Reaction score
I gotta go check out the preview, too...

...I completely forgot about the 6" Classics, so I ordered the 8" one off Amazon recently (FINALLY...TRU only ever had Tygra or nothing whenever I went) and he's pretty great! Just towers over He-Man, tho, which is kinda funny. My fiancee may not be too thrilled when I buy the smaller Lion-O (if it's as good as the first one), but I'll find a good home for the giant one :)

Reaction score
I lost interest in the new show because of the ridiculously long wait for new episodes, and I don't like where Bandai is going with the toys. So, with that said, I'm selling all the new toys I have in an eBay auction.

Thundercats LOT Action Figures and Vehicles Thundertank Cheetara Mumm-Ra Lion-O | eBay

I saw the 6" Classics Lion-O. Absolutely hated it. I was excited about Mumm-Ra, until I saw it for myself. No cape, no accessories, NO SALE. It just feels like an incomplete figure to me. A real shame. I guess I'll try to go after the Mezco version. At least he has a cape.

Reaction score
SOLD!!!

Next item up for auction:

Pencil drawing of Lion-O by Mike Royer.

Oops. PM me for the link if interested.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am not certain who Myatt is, but isn't all of the stuff CTR sells the property of CTR, and not any one individual out to profit on the sale of the item?

Reaction score
I am not certain who Myatt is, but isn't all of the stuff CTR sells the property of CTR, and not any one individual out to profit on the sale of the item?

Myatt basically is a member of CTR & RS staff.

I'm pretty sure it's individual profit, but I may be wrong.

Reaction score
I just always figured it was the site selling the stuff to re-coup the cost of maintaining the site. I remember when they used to do those giveaways too for CTR's birthday - I never won anything but I thought it was hella cool of them to do it. I wish they would do it agaiin! Always sooooo much cool stuff out there that I either didn't know about or didn't collect. But if I won a free something? Heck yeah!

Anywho, less than a week til the new season!! w00t!!!!

Reaction score
OK, so Kaynar and Addicus ended up beig much, much cooler than I thought. Still kinda on the fence about Addicus's (Monkian) voice - has a Planet of the Apes sound to it, but at the same time it kind of intrigues me.

So now that I am liking them let me hate on something else....

Panthro's new arms with the ability to go all fantastic Four Reed Richards on people - and of course his arms are not painted appropriately on the new action figure. But there is something even worse than Panthro's new arms...

The Thundertank that ate the Thundertank. Seriously, it looks like Berbils just made a super giant sized Thundertank and and attached it by making it look like it was eating the old one. This thing looks like a giant mobile command center like the GI Joe ROC Pit. Just terrible looking....

turrible

Reaction score
I love the new take on Monkian and Jackleman.

I think Panthro's arms look awesome but I could do without the "Fantastic Four" feature myself.

Now the Thunder House..er Mobile base thing..ee...
I think it it meant to be a mobile home/base for the Thundercats that will allow for the regular Thundertank to detach when needed, (Which I would be fine with if that was the case). Doesn't it remind you of Rodimus Prime's vehicle mode? ^_^ he he he

Reaction score
finally got some new thundercats

cheetara

P1050825.jpg

still waiting for tygra

6" classics

P1050818.jpg

P1050820.jpg

Reaction score
Looks like a store back there! :grin:

thats what my friends have been telling me. i relly need to upgrade my racks to bigger & taller ones to utilize the space better unfortunately my budget is geared up to accquiring pieces. so they gotta squeeze in for now

Reaction score
been reading a lot of stuff of the cancelation of the toyline & cartoon show. i really hope its not true had high hopes for both & by looks of things we might not get the whole line up for both modern & classic 6" lines. so im still pondering if i should start w/the 4inch since the main cats cast is practically complete hmmm...

Reaction score
I like that they're revisiting the 'Trials of Lion-O' idea, and doing it in a much better way than having the team spread around the land, challenging Lion-O for the right to rule the Thundercats. That always seemed reckless and weird. It's a hostile alien world! Enemies are everywhere! The 'Kittens are like a year older than Lion-O, why would they even be part of the competition? Having him do the same thing with spirit-world versions of the 'Cats, tho, for the right to a second chance at life? Makes more sense with the storyline, the fantasy/mystical elements, etc. Plus it gives us a chance to see how the 'real' 'Cats deal with stuff without Lion-O around. Hopefully this'll mark the end of the inconsistent characterization... Lion-O & Tygra keep alternating between being jerks & being happy with/confident in each other.

Reaction score
I still feel the figures would have done much better had Hasbro been given the license. The 4" figures almost remind me of BK toys.

or mattel for that matter really hate the screws & the lack of details on the weapons & some choices on the head sculpts. this line has so much potential & a good fan following they just have to get their act together & do it right

Reaction score
or mattel for that matter really hate the screws & the lack of details on the weapons & some choices on the head sculpts. this line has so much potential & a good fan following they just have to get their act together & do it right

The plastic used on the overall figures seems to be lacking. They should move away from the glossy paint apps and stick with solid base colors.