Three Things You Can Do

Reaction score
You'll hear this a lot from me in the coming weeks, so I thought I'd post it up and get it cranking in everyone's brain. It's a working philosophy taught to me by a very special mentor. You can use this in many aspects of your lives as well.

There are three things that you can do that will make our autograph program a complete success.

1. Be on time.
Being on time gets everything rolling as it should. It is courteous to me, your co-workers, the signing guests, Official Pix, Lucasfilm, and ultimately to Star Wars, the reason we are all here. If strange circumstances keep you from being on time please call me (I'll give you my phone# later).

2. Don't give out wrong information.
If you are unsure or flat out don't know the answer to a question, then find the answer! Ask someone or serveral someones if you need to. If you're not in a position to find the answer you can also say "I'm sorry I don't know the answer, please go see my floor manager (or insert name here) over there, he/she will be happy to help you." And if someone comes to you with a question say "Hi! I'll be happy to help you!" If you find the answer to an important question, then spread the word to your other co-workers too!

3. Be kind to your customers & co-workers.
Kindness is the act or the state of charitable behaviour to other people. There are a lot of us and a whole lot more customers under unusual circumstances and there may be times when tempers are not as they should be. Take a deep breath and remember why we're here and let trouble roll off you. If you see someone in distress (myself included), take a moment to say "Hey! It's OK, how can I help you?"

Reaction score
Excellent, Anne! If we all follow the guidelines, it will be an even more pleasant experience! Thanks!

Reaction score
I'll add: Bring your patience, understanding and be flexible!

We're part of one of the best teams at C4! Lets make it a great experience for everyone!

Reaction score
Yes also remember that WE'RE going to be in those lines as customers too
so use the Golden rule right...Treat others the way you want to be treated...I think that's what it is.

Reaction score
Well said! That is the absolute Golden Rule.
Can't wait to meet you all, volunteers!

Reaction score
Guess that eliminates my plans to scratch, claw, jam thumbs in eyes, and bite (if I have to) to get things done...Im just joking Anne, after seeing how smooth it all went at C3, and the fact that alot of us are veterans ...I doubt you have anything to worry about.