Thrawn: The Ascendancy Trilogy by Timothy Zahn

Reaction score
Thrawn: The Ascendancy Trilogy by Timothy Zahn will be the first book in a new trilogy and is slated to hit shelves on May 5, 2020.

Reaction score
Wow - Zahn is really cranking out these new SW books. I haven't even finished the first Thrawn novel in the existing trilogy, and there's another one coming out next year?! Maybe I'll read that...in 2025 - ha ha.

Reaction score
Like you, I'm behind as well. I have numerous books to read. Each time I finish one I have a hard time deciding which book or series to start next.

Reaction score
I have to confess that i haven't been reading Star Wars books for a considerable time, (although I do collect the Hardback novels).

This goes back to Thrawn's time in the Chiss Ascendency and does sound very interesting. I think i'll have to go back and read all the Thrawn novels. Perhaps even a re-read of the Heir to the Empire cycle.

Last edited:
Reaction score
jeez another new Thrawn trilogy?

I think we've learned enough about Thrawn anyway.

As for the Chiss Ascendency, you learn enough about them in Outbound Flight anyway and the recent previous Thrawn trilogy

Reaction score
Honestly, I have to agree.

Once this new trilogy is complete, roughly 20% of the new canon Del Rey novels will revolve around Thrawn. :wtf:

I like the character, but we're reaching a saturation point.

Last edited:
Reaction score
jeez another new Thrawn trilogy?

I think we've learned enough about Thrawn anyway.

As for the Chiss Ascendency, you learn enough about them in Outbound Flight anyway and the recent previous Thrawn trilogy
Good point. I still need to read Outbound Flight & Survivor's Quest! I have SQ in HC & OF in Paperback.