Thrawn by Timothy Zahn

Reaction score
I just hate that we have to wait until April of next year for it. Grrr.
Hopefully the time will fly by. Rebels starts back up again soon, and Thrawn looks awesome in the teasers that have been released recently. With a Saturday night air time, it should be a bit darker than the previous seasons. Still a show for kids, but having some more mature themes and stories.

Reaction score
Air time really doesn't matter on a channel like Disney XD, which airs round-the-clock programming for its target demographic. If this were network television, you'd be absolutely right.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Air time really doesn't matter on a channel like Disney XD, which airs round-the-clock programming for its target demographic. If this were network television, you'd be absolutely right.
That's a great point! I didn't even think about that. I'm just going to stick with keeping my fingers crossed :)

Reaction score
I imagine that it'll be a lot like The Clone Wars, where the story just naturally got a bit darker as the show went on. Thrawn's going to be bad news for the Rebels, either way. B)

Reaction score
Looks like you were right Chosen! Thrawn is definitely getting darker as the season goes on. I'm really exited for the rest of the season and the Thrawn novel.

Reaction score
Yeah, that speeder bike scene with Mr. Sumar was brutal. His ruthlessness is starting to come through. Should be a fantastic back half of the season!

Reaction score
Yeah, I just saw that episode. Jeez, even the other Imperials looked shocked (Kallus for obvious reasons, but even Lyste was horrified).

Reaction score
yeah I seem to like them infinitely more on BD and in a binge pattern. They're so short, when slammed all together it's like a LOTR extended cut LOL

Reaction score
I wonder if the book will go into detail about Batone and why there were so many civilian casualties.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Has anyone heard any info or rumors about an exclusive cover being released during SW Celebration this year?

Reaction score
I haven't heard that rumor,but Timothy Zahn did announce this on his Facebook page yesterday:

I have now been authorized to tell you (boy, does that sound official :) ) that I *will* be at Star Wars Celebration in Orlando this April (the weekend after THRAWN is released). Del Rey will have copies of the book for sale, and I'll be doing as many signings as I can talk them into setting up for me. See you there!

Reaction score
I haven't heard that rumor,but Timothy Zahn did announce this on his Facebook page yesterday:

I have now been authorized to tell you (boy, does that sound official :) ) that I *will* be at Star Wars Celebration in Orlando this April (the weekend after THRAWN is released). Del Rey will have copies of the book for sale, and I'll be doing as many signings as I can talk them into setting up for me. See you there!
Hahaha Don't say anything that The Mouse and Lucasfilm didn't approve. Thanks for the info Big Mac!

Reaction score
This may be the very first of the new books I buy or read, and I'm really liking the B&N Exclusive cover.

I still don't like his new look though. I realize that it was already cemented in stone with Rebels, but was hoping that was just the exaggerated Animated look.

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind getting that version either. But I feel it's going to be very difficult, and wind up being one of those high priced ebay items...

I'm finding it difficult to decide on which version to get. lol Not a big fan of white, but after comparing it to the darker B&H Exclusive. That one sees too dark.

Reaction score
I think the black cover looks pretty cool. I'm glad B&N made the exclusive cover different from the regular, other than just a sticker and different ISBN like the other B&N exclusives. I feel the same way about getting the exclusive celebration cover on ebay. Celebration Europe had an exclusive cover the Aftermath: Life Debt, and I haven't seen any auctions for that on ebay. So if you're one of the 250 who got that edition, good on you B)

Reaction score
I think the black cover looks pretty cool. I'm glad B&N made the exclusive cover different from the regular, other than just a sticker and different ISBN like the other B&N exclusives. I feel the same way about getting the exclusive celebration cover on ebay. Celebration Europe had an exclusive cover the Aftermath: Life Debt, and I haven't seen any auctions for that on ebay. So if you're one of the 250 who got that edition, good on you B)
I was able to score one of the exclusive Aftermath: Life Debt Celebration Europe books! Hoping I can also get one of these Thrawn books. Are they also numbered/limited?

Reaction score
I think the Barnes & Noble exclusive looks the coolest; the dark background helps bring out the color of Thrawn's uniform better. I do like the picture of him on the back of the other exclusive, though.

Reaction score
I wonder how much the Con Exclusive would sell for on ebay... It seems there is noone available to mule this for me :(

Reaction score
  Spoiler:  
If Wookieepedia is to be believed, they've gone back to using Thrawn's old EU real name, Mitth'raw'nuruodo. I dunno if this is from the upcoming book or if an episode of Rebels I haven't seen revealed this, but I really wish they hadn't done it. Mostly because "Thrawn" doesn't make sense as a shortened form of Mitth'raw'nuruodo. If the name everyone called him by is supposed to be based on his real name Mitth'raw'nuruodo, wouldn't he be called "Grand Admiral Mitth" or "Grand Admiral Mitthraw," or even "Grand Admiral Mitthrawn?" Why chose the middle of the name for the nickname? There's literally three more likely alternatives for what people would call someone named Mitth'raw'nuruodo; if Zahn (or whoever) really wanted "Thrawn" to be a shortened form of a much longer name, it should've begun with "Thrawn" IMO.

Edit: And, so we're clear, this is just me picking nits; I'm still totally gonna get the book. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
If memory serves, that's just the semantics of how Chiss naming convention works in the Legends universe. It's never really bothered me, to be honest.

Reaction score
While it doesn't bother me either, I just never like the name in the first place. Too complicated to pronounce. lol

I do understand conception though, as it does exist in other countries. Where a person's name is really long and to some unpronounceable. So they choose to shorten it, or go by a nickname.

The name is the least of my worries about what they'll do to the character. TBH.

Reaction score
I just remembered this, and preorderd B&N Exclusive today! lol
Though I guess it wouldn't matter if it was later, it's not a race.