This one will be fun...

Reaction score
My guess is they'll wait out audience reactions to Ep9.
This is it for the Skywalker Saga, but if there's enough praise for Rey, Finn and Poe's arcs across all three films, they might return in un-numbered movies beyond the 9-part Saga.
A similar scenario to Endgame ending the three-phase MCU films but being followed by plenty of in-continuity material starring many of the same characters.

Reaction score
My guess is they'll wait out audience reactions to Ep9.
This is it for the Skywalker Saga, but if there's enough praise for Rey, Finn and Poe's arcs across all three films, they might return in un-numbered movies beyond the 9-part Saga.
A similar scenario to Endgame ending the three-phase MCU films but being followed by plenty of in-continuity material starring many of the same characters.

i don't think they will do more movies with them any time soon but more likely they will do a spin off cartoon and books with the characters. Or perhaps in 10 or 20 years from now do episode 10 11 and 12 with them all grown up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm quite sure Daisy Ridley is quoted for not wanting to return to the role of Rey.
I have no source to confirm this, except "I saw it on the internet"

Reaction score
I'm quite sure Daisy Ridley is quoted for not wanting to return to the role of Rey.
I saw it too, but I think time will tell how this one plays out. Money talks, and I'm sure it would be profitable for her to return at some point. Also, she hasn't really has any major roles in other franchises since Star Wars. I was happy to see her in Orient Express, but I wish she had a bigger role. I was really hoping she would have gotten the Tomb Raider role she was rumored to be a finalist for, but that didn't end up happening. If it's her Star Wars schedule that's held her back from other big roles, then hopefully we'll see more appearances in other films soon now that the trilogy has wrapped. If she still doesn't land other big roles after Star Wars, I bet she'll be more likely to want to return to the franchise.

Reaction score
here is what she said

[FONT=&quot]“Who knows? I honestly feel like the world may end in the next 30 years, so, if in 30 years, we are not living underground in a series of interconnected cells, then sure. Maybe,” she said. “But again, it’s like, who knows.”

more like she just isn't interested in just doing Star Wars movies for next few years. Just like Harrison if you give them enough money they will come back. [/FONT]

Reaction score
I saw it too, but I think time will tell how this one plays out. Money talks, and I'm sure it would be profitable for her to return at some point. Also, she hasn't really has any major roles in other franchises since Star Wars. I was happy to see her in Orient Express, but I wish she had a bigger role. I was really hoping she would have gotten the Tomb Raider role she was rumored to be a finalist for, but that didn't end up happening. If it's her Star Wars schedule that's held her back from other big roles, then hopefully we'll see more appearances in other films soon now that the trilogy has wrapped. If she still doesn't land other big roles after Star Wars, I bet she'll be more likely to want to return to the franchise.
Oh that would have been nice, her as Lara Croft. I think that role would fit her very much.

here is what she said

“Who knows? I honestly feel like the world may end in the next 30 years, so, if in 30 years, we are not living underground in a series of interconnected cells, then sure. Maybe,” she said. “But again, it’s like, who knows.”

more like she just isn't interested in just doing Star Wars movies for next few years. Just like Harrison if you give them enough money they will come back.
It would make sense for her to move on, if she really wants to not get stuck in a certain universe. Like Ozz says above: Tomb Raider could have been a good fit for her.

Reaction score
Oh that would have been nice, her as Lara Croft. I think that role would fit her very much.

It would make sense for her to move on, if she really wants to not get stuck in a certain universe. Like Ozz says above: Tomb Raider could have been a good fit for her.
I mean really it's the only thing that makes since Natalie Portman didn't stay on to do voice acting for any of the Clone War stuff. Keira Nightly didn't even stay after Ep1

Reaction score
^ Considering how badly Lucasfilm's lack of a plan has been received since TLJ, you would have thought that if they did have a plan then they wouldn't have let the directors be so adamant in the media that there was no plan...

JJ Abrams:

"But it was a completely unknown scenario. I had some gut instincts about where the story would have gone. But without getting in the weeds on episode eight, that was a story that Rian wrote and was telling based on seven before we met. So he was taking the thing in another direction. So we also had to respond to Episode VIII. So our movie was not just following what we had started, it was following what we had started and then had been advanced by someone else. So there was that, and, finally, it was resolving nine movies. While there are some threads of larger ideas and some big picture things that had been conceived decades ago and a lot of ideas that Lawrence Kasdan and I had when we were doing Episode VII, the lack of absolute inevitability, the lack of a complete structure for this thing, given the way it was being run was an enormous challenge."

Source

No offence dude on the internet, but out of you and JJ Abrams I know who I'm going to believe about a film made by JJ Abrams.
You people seem to confuse having a plan with every word being written for the directors. Disney/Kennedy told the directors that the characters need to be a point A in the first movie point B in the second and C in the third. Same goes for the overall the story. it was up to the directors on how to specifically get to those points. People are free to dislike the plans for the characters and story but that doesn't mean there was no plan. Aftermath came out in 2015 and the Emperor's hands are all over everything.

Reaction score

Yeah, I this Alicia Vikander's a good actress too; but I really lost interest in Tomb Raider after Daisy Ridley didn't get the part. That would have been an awesome progression of her career for her as it would have linked her to two popular franchises. Turns out Tomb Raider didn't do so well domestically, but I still think she would have made the role more interesting.

Reaction score
You people seem to confuse having a plan with every word being written for the directors. Disney/Kennedy told the directors that the characters need to be a point A in the first movie point B in the second and C in the third. Same goes for the overall the story. it was up to the directors on how to specifically get to those points. People are free to dislike the plans for the characters and story but that doesn't mean there was no plan. Aftermath came out in 2015 and the Emperor's hands are all over everything.
That is outright not the impression one gets from reading Abrams' take on the production. I'll highlight this part again so you can consider it clearly against what you've just written:

"While there are some threads of larger ideas and some big picture things that had been conceived decades ago and a lot of ideas that Lawrence Kasdan and I had when we were doing Episode VII, the lack of absolute inevitability, the lack of a complete structure for this thing, given the way it was being run was an enormous challenge."

The reason I posted a longer version of the quote was to highlight how TLJ had deviated from whatever plan TFA had set in motion.

I confess that I didn't read Aftermath. I tried but Wendig's prose was just... not good, in large part due to how quickly he had to rush out the manuscripts. This in itself doesn't suggest much planning, especially when you consider how far along into production that changes to TFA, the source material, were being made.

But anyway, weren't there several plot seeds left all over the place? Like the cult of Vader, or Jar Jar Binks, for example. The Emperor's observatories. Do you expect TROS to address every single one of these? Or do you accept that it's more likely that Aftermath's deliberately vague plot threads will be retroactively fitted to accommodate whatever Abrams and Terrio come up with?

I think, and it's supported by Abrams' quote above, that he took a decision to bring the Emperor back to try and give the story an ending, rather than to fit in with a plan that he, Johnson and Kennedy have all said didn't exist. I wouldn't be surprised if large swathes of backstory in Aftermath and Battlefront and Bloodlines is ignored or contradicted by December.

Last edited:
Reaction score
One only has to watch the vloody films to see how they are self-evidently unrelated and being cobbled together on the fly.

Reaction score
Yeah, I this Alicia Vikander's a good actress too; but I really lost interest in Tomb Raider after Daisy Ridley didn't get the part. That would have been an awesome progression of her career for her as it would have linked her to two popular franchises. Turns out Tomb Raider didn't do so well domestically, but I still think she would have made the role more interesting.
God, that movie. I wanted to like it so much, but that first act with all its X-Games kinda crap just killed Personally, I'd have loved to see them do an even MORE direct connection with the 2013 game, just open with her on the ship, introduce an untested and green explorer in Lara, get our supporting cast in there, set up the narrative and BOOM thrown right into it.

Reaction score
Not to get anymore off topic than we have. lol
But I personally liked Vikander's portrayal of Lara. The movie may not have been that great, but she made it less boring. And am glad that it didn't go to Daisy. While I like her as Rey, I just don't see her as Lara.

Reaction score
If Daisy had portrayed Lara, she could get type-casted as the go-to young-but-tough-and-inspirational-action-girl. Harrison was the only one of the main OT three to remain relevant by embracing other iconic roles which weren't too close to Han. Except for Mark's voice-over work, he and Carrie never had other roles equally iconic.

Ewan and Natalie managed to avoid falling into oblivion, but Hayden seems to have been forgotten entirely. Was his action role in Jumper partly to blame?

So far, Oscar, John Adam are doing okay for themselves, but Daisy really needs a new hit that's different enough from Rey to prove she can do diverse roles.

Reaction score
That is outright not the impression one gets from reading Abrams' take on the production. I'll highlight this part again so you can consider it clearly against what you've just written:

"While there are some threads of larger ideas and some big picture things that had been conceived decades ago and a lot of ideas that Lawrence Kasdan and I had when we were doing Episode VII, the lack of absolute inevitability, the lack of a complete structure for this thing, given the way it was being run was an enormous challenge."

The reason I posted a longer version of the quote was to highlight how TLJ had deviated from whatever plan TFA had set in motion.

I confess that I didn't read Aftermath. I tried but Wendig's prose was just... not good, in large part due to how quickly he had to rush out the manuscripts. This in itself doesn't suggest much planning, especially when you consider how far along into production that changes to TFA, the source material, were being made.

But anyway, weren't there several plot seeds left all over the place? Like the cult of Vader, or Jar Jar Binks, for example. The Emperor's observatories. Do you expect TROS to address every single one of these? Or do you accept that it's more likely that Aftermath's deliberately vague plot threads will be retroactively fitted to accommodate whatever Abrams and Terrio come up with?

I think, and it's supported by Abrams' quote above, that he took a decision to bring the Emperor back to try and give the story an ending, rather than to fit in with a plan that he, Johnson and Kennedy have all said didn't exist. I wouldn't be surprised if large swathes of backstory in Aftermath and Battlefront and Bloodlines is ignored or contradicted by December.
sorry for the delayed response.

The Abrams quote is interesting but it could be argued that the Emperor wasn't something he needed to know since the Emperor is possibly the main bad guy. It doesn't show that it deviated from the plan. Luke had skipped town prior to The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi fleshed out some of the reasons why. Rey started out not knowing her place in the universe in The Force Awakens and by the end of The Last Jedi she has become confident in herself. Disney has an overall plan and each director is told where each character needs to be by the end of the movie and where the story needs to end. The directors have the freedom to decide how to get there but it still has to be approved so it doesn't contradict the overall plan. People act like Disney called up Rian Johnson and said "do whatever with Luke Skywalker."

I can understand not liking that dude's writing style. The Aftermath trilogy puts the Emperor's fingers all over everything. The First Order was created by him as a contingency for if he should ever be killed. The expanded universe has had the emperor sending minions to find artifacts. The Unknown Regions are referenced a lot as well as Thrawn telling the Emperor about a threat from that area. I don't expect every little thing to be addressed but the major stuff will be referenced.

Reaction score
If Daisy had portrayed Lara, she could get type-casted as the go-to young-but-tough-and-inspirational-action-girl. Harrison was the only one of the main OT three to remain relevant by embracing other iconic roles which weren't too close to Han. Except for Mark's voice-over work, he and Carrie never had other roles equally iconic.

Ewan and Natalie managed to avoid falling into oblivion, but Hayden seems to have been forgotten entirely. Was his action role in Jumper partly to blame?

So far, Oscar, John Adam are doing okay for themselves, but Daisy really needs a new hit that's different enough from Rey to prove she can do diverse roles.
I dunno. Indiana Jones was pretty similar to Han Solo and a lot of his other movies were him as a grizzled cop/agent telling criminals to "give me back my daughter!" Nothing wrong with that at all and he's made a rectum full of money in the process. Rest of the cast has pretty much had free time since Jedi came out. Kind of wonder if part of Mark's disappointment with Luke was because the sequels are his second chance to have a real hollywood career and he's just always fantasized he'd be running around like a young Luke saving the day.

Reaction score
The Aftermath trilogy puts the Emperor's fingers all over everything. The First Order was created by him as a contingency for if he should ever be killed. The expanded universe has had the emperor sending minions to find artifacts. The Unknown Regions are referenced a lot as well as Thrawn telling the Emperor about a threat from that area. I don't expect every little thing to be addressed but the major stuff will be referenced.
I can accept the Emperor having foresight for the future, and leaving a legacy. But for him to still be around borders on not truly letting those characters go, when trying to sell a new Saga. The whole let the past die BS for one.

While I feel Ian is a great actor in that role, and he would likely add to the overall performance. I do feel his time has come and gone same as any other character of that era, and it comes close to cheapening it when they are brought back from the dead. If Snoke was actually a character of substance that carried that legacy, I might have been able to follow his story/rule. But he turned out to be a joke TBH.

I have a lot more to say but I'm just to tired ATM.

Reaction score
I'm still thinking "interactive holocron"
I think so too and I think it would be the best way to go on this. The Emperor should stay dead, but an interactive holocron would be an interesting way to re-use the character.
I

Reaction score
I think they can be interactive, but they can also just be sources of information.
I
In the old (now flushed) EU I think there are examples of Holocrons being able to interact. If I remember correctly when Darth Bane found Revan's Holocron he was able to converse with it in real time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There's never been a holocron in a film to date I believe. Not expressly used or referred to, at least. At this point they are EU to me. ;)

Reaction score
There's never been a holocron in a film to date I believe. Not expressly used or referred to, at least. At this point they are EU to me. ;)
I think there was one in Rebels (although again basically EU)

Reaction score
Ezra was able to rescue Ahsoka in the force time dimension. My theory is that accessing that dimension requires incredibly high levels of the Force. Palpatine had found a way to access this dimension but allowed Ezra to enter in order to try and turn him,etc and possibly to test out Palpatine's belief that he could use that dimension to prevent his own death.

Reaction score
I think there was one in Rebels (although again basically EU)
There is one in Rebels - I'm not sure about CW though. Cad Bane steals one from the jedi temple, I think.
I myself, quite enjoyed the Clone Wars, and to some degree Rebels.

Reaction score
Hmmm....good point. Holocrons would probably confuse the average movie-goer then.
H

Reaction score
With the amount of nerd jargon thrown in Marvel films, I highly doubt people would be confused by the purpose of what amounts to boxes with information inside them.

Reaction score
It could be explained in a line or two.
With the amount of nerd jargon thrown in Marvel films, I highly doubt people would be confused by the purpose of what amounts to boxes with information inside them.
lol My sentiments exactly.
Sorry guys, I forgot to add something to the end of my last post. It should have read like this.

Hmmm....good point. Holocrons would probably confuse the average movie-goer then.:sneaky:;)