Third Anthology Movie Confirmed for 2020

Reaction score
I thought he went off into the desert to hide after the jedi order was destroyed. Guess not. I guess he had adventures too before ANH. :whistling:. Simply amazing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I thought he went off into the desert to hide after the jedi order was destroyed. Guess not. I guess he had adventures too before ANH. :whistling:
To be fair, even in the old EU he had a ton of adventures after retiring to Tatooine.

Reaction score
Not justifying it, I'm just pointing out that it's not exactly a groundbreaking idea.

Reaction score
I know I'm just kidding. But nothing Disney is doing with Star Wars is ground breaking.

GNT

Reaction score
I'd be happy with the return of Ewan as Obi-Wan as he was one of the highlights of the entire PT so no problems with this movie. For me I've always liked the idea of Obi-Wan just hiding on Tatooine after ROTS in exile with no adventures so it'll be interesting to see what they can come up with.

Reaction score
I think Rouge One was quite a departure from the norm myself. That was risky having all of the good guys die. Yes, TFA was a copy of ANH, but they did add diversity in that film which was different for the franchise. They did introduce some newer concepts like The Knights of Ren. So far under Disney the brand seems to be more popular than ever with the general public. Much more so than when Lucas was directing the prequels at least. Lucas was doing more damage than Disney has even approached...so far.

Reaction score
Sad. just sad. My excitement is totally gone for SW now. It's the same thing they're doing with Star trek, going back into the past...

Yeah, I guess there are 100 people who want an Obi-Wan movie. I just don't see the appeal no matter how well Ewan was in the character. Sounds like too many people want to relive something. IDK...

I thought it was bad enough with Han movie, and now this. And with the rumored Fett movie, just sounds like they're stuck in one era. Heck, why not just redo the PT, those are the ones that need the most work!

I'd even rather get a live action Movie about Hera over this.

Reaction score
Sad. just sad. My excitement is totally gone for SW now. It's the same thing they're doing with Star trek, going back into the past...

Yeah, I guess there are 100 people who want an Obi-Wan movie. I just don't see the appeal no matter how well Ewan was in the character. Sounds like too many people want to relive something. IDK...

I thought it was bad enough with Han movie, and now this. And with the rumored Fett movie, just sounds like they're stuck in one era. Heck, why not just redo the PT, those are the ones that need the most work!

I'd even rather get a live action Movie about Hera over this.

sad is the perfect word. It's such a shame, what a waste and coming right after Han Solo it's crazy. So lazy and uninspired.....

Reaction score
I think it's a fine idea.

The problem with the han film is the removel of any mystery about him and the fact they are using actors who look nothing like those inlater films.

At least with this one it all fits just right.

Reaction score
I'd be up for an Obi-Wan movie!

If Ewan can reprise his role again, then that would be perfect! :D

Reaction score
As long as SW is infinitely stuck in OT-purgitory, you may as well make the best of it. And I do feel that an one-off story of Obi-Wan on the run during the jedi-purge is the best of all this OT-purgitory, since Ewan— despite playing the mess of a jerk character George wrote as Prequel-Obi-Wan, remained natural and charming. That’s no small feat for the character-assassination George inflicted on all his Prequel characters LOL

At least the director seems to be one of substantial skills and vision that lends well to the potential of a more sophisticated story, and not one coming from LEGOland/ blockbuster generic schlock… At least there will be some hope that this will be a more sophisticated, restrained offering— in the line similar to Gareth’s RO. And if Ewan is back (can’t imagine why they wouldn’t cast him since he’s at an age that is just right for an older Obi-Wan), there is much hope for a SW that although based on old characters and even old storylines, will actually offer a fresh vibe.

Of course, I was hoping for Gareth to be helming this, but Stephen is absolutely a much welcomed contributor to SW.

Reaction score
Hoo...boy.

Anyways, here's a quick record of what just flashed in my mind (before my memories about them fades away into oblivion):

Teen Luke (CGI or Teen Beat heartthrob castmember)
Teen Biggs (forget CGI, let's get two teen heartthrobs in this movie)
T-16 (the only thing we'll get close to seeing involving a chase scene)
Banthas, Tuskens and Jawas ("Look Daddy! I remember those from the other movie!")
Landspeeder (we'll finally see the Dewback chew off the engine panel)
Krayt Dragon (it will sound like the original Obi-Wan howl as Disney's olive branch to the pre-Special Edition crowd, not!)
Unknown Tatooine aliens (we don't want to pay royalties)

And finally, A'Sharad Hett........(didn't you know, Rich Uncle Pennybags' portrait hangs prominently in the Hasbro toy marketing meeting room!)

Reaction score
I'm wondering if this is where Rey's dad will be introduced and elaborated on more.

Reaction score
You mean Obi-Wan? LOL
Best way to hide from Vader and not to be thought of as being a Jedi is to sleep your way around Mos Eisley!

Last edited:
Reaction score
The article is just speculation reported as fact. Disney has been "working on Boba Fett,Obi Wan, and Yoda movies" since the sale was announced but not a single announcement from Disney that indicates they've even decided what the next Star Wars Story will be. It's just sites trying to sound like they got a scoop if later down the line a safe bet movie like Boba Fett gets announced.

Reaction score
Well, they do need to think seriously about which one is next. Since TLJ is this year and Solo is next, with EP9 in 2019 and 2020 coming pretty fast. In theory they would need to start sometime 2018 with script/story, then move to filming in 2019.

Reaction score
Well, they do need to think seriously about which one is next. Since TLJ is this year and Solo is next, with EP9 in 2019 and 2020 coming pretty fast. In theory they would need to start sometime 2018 with script/story, then move to filming in 2019.
I agree that time-wise they should be getting ready to start but I wonder if the troubles with Rogue One and now the Han Solo movie might have Disney rethinking about just going into production to meet a release timeline. If that's the case than I prefer they go that route than DCU's plan of announcing 50 films.

Reaction score
That said, I would imagine that "someone" is already writing a rough draft for all three. So that a script could be close to being done by the time the decide which one to go with. Thus only leaving hiring a Director, cast and crew. Then when they actually choose, they'll get someone else to polish the script and do any rewrites they feel are necessary. The actual filming doesn't take that long in grand scheme, it's the post production CGI stuff. Plus any reshoots that are needed.

Tough it seems Disney is pumping these out like they're done in a factory assembly line, as opposed to how GL did them. With all the trouble the seem to have, you'd think longer production time are warranted. Thus not doing them every year. Every other would be fine.