Things that drive you nuts?

Reaction score
People who can't just make a simple right turn but find a need to drive along the shoulder before making that turn.

Reaction score
Over in the Gentle Giant section when someone writes: The PGM 'membership' and the 'free' gifts

Reaction score
Trying work and sleep with a rib cage injury. Ugh. Been almost a full week and still not healed.

Reaction score
And that guy on those stupid flex seal commercials. Just want to sink that stupid boat he's in .

Reaction score
Trying work and sleep with a rib cage injury. Ugh. Been almost a full week and still not healed.
I feel your pain. Cracked my ribs a few years ago, took the best part of a month until I could lay down without *too much* agony. You just gotta keep them strapped up and wait it out.

Reaction score
So far ok I guess. Just taking aspirin and putting pillow under left side. No taping or any other help with it. Just toughing it out for now. Oh, and I work freight too, so extra fun.

Reaction score
When i busted up my ribs, i took my back brace & just hiked it up to the ribs helped some & I could take it off when needed. But not much you can do for ribs.

Reaction score
I know. Still sore after almost 2 weeks but sleeping a little better. You know you did something when your friend standing next to you hears the noise , sees you double over. They said it sounded like a knee popping going up stairs. Anybody got an idea of what I Did?

Reaction score
Nosy neighbors. A new family moved in a few months ago. Up until a couple weeks ago, we hadn’t met. We had some storm pretty noticeable storm damage to both our house and one of our cars. At the same time, our lawn care company had even worse damage and had to stop mowing for a few weeks. I was taking a nap a couple Mondays ago and my daughter woke me up. She said there was some lady at the door and she wouldn’t leave. It was the new neighbor.

“Hi, I’m Tracy. Did you realize your shingles blew into my yard?”

Nice to meet you. No, sorry. I knew we’d lost a couple but didn’t realize where they’d landed.

I collected my shingles, thanked her, and welcomed her to the neighborhood.

The next day, “Hi, I couldn’t help noticing your siding is loose. It’s an eyesore. Are you going to fix it?”

Yes, Tracy. I was fully aware of that. Thanks for noticing.

A couple days later, “Hi, me again. Did you know your screen in back is just hanging there?”

Yes, Tracy. The window is damaged, too, so we can’t take care of it from the inside, but thanks for being so observant. Now, please get off my porch.

The mask-less, close-talking Tracy said, “Oh, you’re one of those.”

You mean ‘socially responsible?’ Well, yes, but we also don’t smoke and two of our daughters have asthma, so we don’t let anyone smoke by our front door.

The next day, “Hey, wait! You’re obviously in a hurry, but before you leave, did you know you have a bunch of dents on the roof of your car?!?”

Yes, Tracy. It’s called hail damage. It’s very noticeable. Thanks for pointing it out.

That afternoon, “I hate to be a complainer, but your grass is awfully long. You know my son mows lawns, don’t you?” (For the record, he seldom mows their lawn, so you wouldn’t know by looking at their house.)

Yes, Tracy. I remember you telling me that. And I got your voicemails. And the notes in my mailbox. But like I said before, we have a lawncare company and they’re almost caught up with their backlog.

“Well, it’s looking pretty bad. I’d think you’d want to keep the neighborhood looking nice!”

Then, yesterday, “Hey, hey, hey! I can see your arms are full of groceries, but I’m going to stop you anyway! Did you realize your shingles, screen and siding still aren’t fixed? It really looks awful!”

Yes, Tracy. Like I told you before, I had to wait for my insurance company to approve my claim. Then I had to hire a contractor. Now, I have to wait for them to show up and do the work. There was lots of storm damage and they’re all swamped. It’s a terrible fact of life. Thanks for keeping tabs, though.

I’m really sick of Tracy.

Reaction score
Wow - that bi%#% sounds like a real "Karen". Only women feel entitled enough to pull that crap; a guy may complain about certain things, but not nearly to that extent.

Reaction score
Was that for real? Do you have a "homeowners association"? I wouldn't be able to tolerate that sort of thing, I'd ask them to mind their own business if they couldn't take care of their yard! Or you could say stay away! virus infection here! that should keep her far away!

Reaction score
Unfortunately, she's all too real. No HA, although she threatened to report me to it. There's a neighborhood association that doesn't do anything or hold any power, so she might have been thinking of them.

She's really bothered that nobody has taken her up on her offers to have her son work for them. When she was telling me about his handyman work, she rolled her eyes, pointed and made circles at her head and said, "He's one of those, you know." Sensitive and excellent salesmanship on her part.

I haven't seen her speaking to any of the other neighbors, so it looks like I'm the lucky one.

Reaction score
Next time Karen shows up at your door to complain. Tell her to take her bottom lip, pull it over her forehead and swallow herself. Or just go to the door in a leather hood and a gag in your mouth naked. She'll leave fast. Ha. Just kidding, but would work.

Reaction score
If you did tell her you had the virus, she might report you to the authorities, but still, it could keep her away, she sounds like she is very simple minded.

Reaction score
Quentin Tarantino. Allllllll the movies are horrible and boring. People liken him to A cinematic visionary. Long scenes of dialogue and blood splatters don’t fit the visionary label for me.

Reaction score
I wanted to give a big middle finger & a collective "@$%# You" to all of these rioters/looters/thieves who have caused property damage, looted, and/or hurt innocent people during these latest "protests" in the U.S. These businesses & people haven't done anything to these rioters/looters, and they're going to have to spend a lot of time & money to rebuilt. And, what's even worse is that a lot of them have lost money prior to this (and are continuing to lose $) due to the pandemic. These scum are just making people's lives harder & contributing to the problems we're already having with the economy.

This is similar to what happened to L.A. during the riots in 1992. So, you're protesting the way you're being treated & end up destroying the local businesses in the area, even though these businesses haven't done anything to you & in some cases are in the communities you live in?! What kind of sense does that make?! You stupid d-bags.

If someone breaks in my house with the intent to steal my belongings, I am definitely within my rights to defend my home & property with deadly force. And, I don't see any difference between a house being broken into & a business being destroyed. In fact, some apartments (on top of some of these businesses) have been damaged/destroyed as well as a result of this destruction. Where will these people live now?

Reaction score
I wanted to give a big middle finger & a collective "@$%# You" to all of these rioters/looters/thieves who have caused property damage, looted, and/or hurt innocent people during these latest "protests" in the U.S. These businesses & people haven't done anything to these rioters/looters, and they're going to have to spend a lot of time & money to rebuilt. And, what's even worse is that a lot of them have lost money prior to this (and are continuing to lose $) due to the pandemic. These scum are just making people's lives harder & contributing to the problems we're already having with the economy.

This is similar to what happened to L.A. during the riots in 1992. So, you're protesting the way you're being treated & end up destroying the local businesses in the area, even though these businesses haven't done anything to you & in some cases are in the communities you live in?! What kind of sense does that make?! You stupid d-bags.

If someone breaks in my house with the intent to steal my belongings, I am definitely within my rights to defend my home & property with deadly force. And, I don't see any difference between a house being broken into & a business being destroyed. In fact, some apartments (on top of some of these businesses) have been damaged/destroyed as well as a result of this destruction. Where will these people live now?
I don't have a problem with the anger that this has generated, I am just as outraged. But focus that anger into something constructive. The only way we can make a change is to present ourselves as well informed intelligent human beings that will not tollerate this. If you have an aura about you that radiates class and civility you will betaken much much more seriously. I have learned this protesting before. The powers that be are far more intimidated by intelligence and loss of political stature, than a bunch of people armed and acting like savages. Be the change you want to see. Ghandi got things done and never stole a TV. Time to wisen up and handle your anger the smart way. I for one will no longer support many Police charities in protest, as a loss of money hurts. I will vote against those in power that have turned a blind eye and support oppression. But i won't steal a pair of sneakers or burn down Starbucks... That has zero impact. We hurt our causes and allow these people to gain support out of a need to be protected from ourselves. What does that say about us? What awareness does that bring to the cause? You simply can't fight injustice with crime. It's pointless.

Reaction score
My daughters were upset that I didn’t change my FB picture this week. I tend not to bother with stuff like that, mainly because I usually forget to change it back (years ago, I had my Halloween picture up for over six months). I told them we’d spend one day this week patronizing local black-owned businesses. There’s a handful we’ve gone to semi-regularly over the last few years, either because we know the owners or because we really like their food/pastries/drinks/etc. They liked that idea better. Unfortunately, each and every one of them have closed due to COVID. I was very upset about that. We were finally able to find one that was open. We didn’t make a big deal about it, just went in and got some great food. The owner was friendly and gracious.

The following morning, a friend on FB blasted me for not changing my picture and called me a racist. This is the guy who, because of current events, finally got around to trying to acknowledge the humanity of the man from the lawncare company who’s been doing his landscaping for the last seven years. As he was headed back to his truck with an armload of equipment, my friend ran out, got in his way, said, “I’m with you, brother,” (he still doesn’t know the guy’s name), and raised his fist in a “right on”/black power sign. The old guy didn’t make eye contact, just said “uh-huh” and kept walking. My friend was furious at the guy for not lauding his magnanimous gesture (“Who does he think he is?!?”), and at society in general for putting him in such a frustrating and embarrassing situation. I didn’t feel like justifying anything I did or didn’t do this week to him, so I just blocked him. I’m tired of the all-around hate.

Reaction score
"Language" - Captain America
Pandering, "white guilt", kneeling and all the other [Content redacted].......

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Basement-dwelling idiots who say that "when there's an unarmed person comin' at [me] with a knife" :unsure: I should "shoot 'em in the leg."

Maybe I'll just wrap a chain around their head, Cornpop-style.

Reaction score
I work in Louisville ,Ky and I am ashamed of the police force here. I believe there should be accountability for their actions. It was wrong . If police up hold the law, they should abide by it too.

Reaction score
I was waiting at the drive-thru this morning for breakfast. The guy in front of me pulls up to the window. I didn't want to pull up as it looked like my window wasn't going to be in line with the speaker. The dude behind me acting all macho, he yells "Bro move forward!" Of all the things going on, you're more concerned about 2 feet? I hate people.

Reaction score
Dudes that walk down the aisle at the store scratching or adjusting their junk then start touching all the product.

People in my space.

The sound of chewing. Even my own.

Reaction score
I was waiting at the drive-thru this morning for breakfast. The guy in front of me pulls up to the window. I didn't want to pull up as it looked like my window wasn't going to be in line with the speaker. The dude behind me acting all macho, he yells "Bro move forward!" Of all the things going on, you're more concerned about 2 feet? I hate people.
I had a guy at Starbucks a couple years ago actually hit my bumper with his because he felt I wasn't pulled up far enough. My daughters were in the car when the idiot did this. An altercation ensued. I'll just say you shouldn't pull something like that when your car and your doors are completely blocked in.

Reaction score
I did turn my head around and look in his direction for a good 2-3 seconds. He had a girl in his car, probably trying to act all tough in front of her.

Reaction score
My husband just went to a Walmart to pick up some things and was met with a sign that said"You may not enter without a mask". he didn't have one so he left. Here is the thing. The U.S. has the highest number of infections and deaths(so they say) wearing masks does not seem to prevent those numbers from being less -"U.S. has the fewest infections and deaths due to mask wearing" it doesn't matter if you wear one or not, the numbers seem to get worse!(or so they say) Watch out! for those who may have gone to protests, you may be infected even though you wore a mask! get that Bacta tank ready people! UGH!!!

Reaction score
I hate *****s like that. And, I just ignore them. I'm not going to get into an accident/hit another car just because they feel that they're being inconvenienced. Screw them. I hope they mess with the wrong person one of these days & get seriously #$#%#@-up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sad thing is, that never happens to jerks like that. They just sail through life being a-holes and no one calls them on it. It's wrong . It's life, but still wrong. But if they do get finally called out. Then they act like it's not their fault and whine and cry like a 3 year old. Or just go on Twitter to yell and scream. Oops.

Reaction score
Sad thing is, that never happens to jerks like that. They just sail through life being a-holes and no one calls them on it. It's wrong . It's life, but still wrong. But if they do get finally called out. Then they act like it's not their fault and whine and cry like a 3 year old. Or just go on Twitter to yell and scream. Oops.
I knew a guy like that in college. He was atrocious. He was like Chet from "Weird Science," but worse. One of his favorite pastimes was going to parties, getting drunk and picking a fight with the smallest guy he could find. He picked the wrong guy one night and ended up in the hospital. He didn't act much better after that, but he stopped picking fights with people.

Reaction score
I have two packages coming from overseas. Two different countries, ordered on two different days, both using economy shipping. I checked the tracking info earlier today. They both arrived at the same US post office within an hour of one another. I live about six hours from where they currently are. One is scheduled to be here by Monday. The other's estimated delivery date is July 13th. WTH?!?

Reaction score
And that's way the U.S. mail is looking mail. Packages going on a vacation to see the country . I understand having a full truck to travel, but shouldn't the truck be going in the correct direction of the destination? Just had one today that went from an one hour away to another state 3 hours away . Only to come back to same state 30 minutes away. It makes no sense, because main state post office is there. So why go to another state, when could have just went on truck going west instead of North.

Reaction score
Why not just put both on the same truck?!? Usually, when packages hit this particular PO, they arrive the next day. The 4-5 days for the one is bad enough, but I can't figure how the other will take a month.