Things that drive you nuts?

Reaction score
People that freak out about less than an inch of snow. Why, just why? Why run to store and act like an idiot buying everything in surplus?

Reaction score
People that freak out about less than an inch of snow. Why, just why? Why run to store and act like an idiot buying everything in surplus?
Up here where snow is an expectation rather than an event, people do the same thing. Its bizarre. I cannot recall a snow storm where everything and everyone wasn't dug out and open the next day.
Ice storms, which there's one going on at this exact moment, are a different story, but even then the longest in my life I've been without power for an ice storm is 40 hours.

Reaction score
Don't mind the rain, Everytime it rains (& it s rained hard) I think well it isn't a dam snowstorm with school closings & all the fun that goes with it. Spoiler work NEVER closes.

Things that drive me nuts: WORK NEVER CLOSES!!!!

Reaction score
the COST of concert tickets nowadays. Roger Waters ($445 each seat) and Rage Against the Machine ($345 each seat).

Reaction score
the COST of concert tickets nowadays. Roger Waters ($445 each seat) and Rage Against the Machine ($345 each seat).
That's crazy! My wife wanted me to get Fleetwood Mac tickets. They were around $350 apiece. I told her there's no way I'd ever pay that, especially without Lindsay Buckingham.

Reaction score
the most expensive tickets I saw for RATM were $1002, each (!)
the cheapest were $190 , way up in the nose-bleed section(s).

I opted for middle-of-the-road seats , in the middle-of-the-arena. :confused:

Reaction score
I am glad i saw my fill back in the day. Most I've ever spent on a ticket was Kiss and Aerosmith.$150 for two headliners. With all of the people downloading music free, this is the end result unfortunately. Bands no longer get paid by the label like they used to. The day of the rock star is over in that way. Most bands charge a ton then tack on meet and greet packages for another $200, after all is said and done a good night will cost upward of a grand.😞 My wife wanted to buy me Misfits tickets at 300 a pop. I have the logo tattooed on my leg since I was a teen. I told her I've seen them before for $15 and would never pay that to see any band.

Reaction score
I'd tour till I was 200 years old too. Just like the Stones are, for those ticket prices. Not like it used to be . Prices have gotten stupid.

Reaction score
And still want a concert shirt from the retirement home tour of the Stones. Image those dates ? April 9th Shady Hills nursing home . Concert start time 4pm. Ha

Reaction score
Ridiculous Captcha apps. One of our schools updated their website. Some of the fees for next year are due. To get through to the payment page, you have to do a captcha where you enter the letters you see in the box. I don’t know which former Soviet Republic they got their code from, but the indecipherable runes coming up in the box aren’t letters I can find on any keyboard in any language. When I click on the voice option, every time the same broken, tinny voice says something that sort of sounds like “spork.” I was considering just going in and paying with check, but I’ve been coming back to this all night and it hasn’t given me anything resembling letters even once, so I think I’ll pay in loose pennies. Canadian pennies.

Reaction score
I remember earlier this month, some furry animal telling me about an early spring. Where the heck is it? Huh Phil? It's currently snowing and cold. Yeah that's right, go back in your hole and hide in shame.

Reaction score
So not really something that would drive me nuts, but more of just worrying about it. I'm going to be getting my tonsils out soon. Has anyone had theirs out? I'm 33 and I have never had a problem with them. Just after Thanksgiving they started bothering me. Would it be worse then getting your wisdom teeth out? That's the only surgery I've had so far.

Reaction score
So is anybody getting any good stuff done with collecting ? Especially now since most places are shutting down or out of stock on items. Doesn't drive me nuts but some of the people do with their actions. Especially some of these spring breakers. Ugh. Would like to hear from everyone all around .

Reaction score
Two things. The first is people who get words entirely wrong. I saw a story earlier about how Anthony Hopkins is whiling away the time during the COVID-19 lockdown. I used to use the phrase “whiling away the time” quite a bit. It’s been so long since I’ve used it, though, that I actually forgot that “whiling” was spelled with an H. It’s all because of this guy I knew in college who would always talk about “wilding” away the time. We knocked heads over it. He was certain he was right and I was wrong. We ended up crossing paths online a few years later and he was still wilding away. Around the same time, in a different area of the internet, I ran into a guy who was fond of “whittling away” the time. While that’s better than wilding it away, it’s still wrong. I pretty much stopped using the phrase, both while talking and in print.

That brings me to gripe number two: Obsolete technology. I whiled away the time enough in college that one of my writing professors added it to his list of trite, overused and cliché phrases and banned it from his class. I only used it in three stories, but he and I didn’t get along, so just about anything I used more than once (as well as some really original phrases I came up with on my own and used only once (he was a jerk)) ended up on his list. I’d like to go back and read some of that stuff. Unfortunately, my first two years in college, I wrote everything on my word processor. That wasn’t a problem when I first switched to a PC because I had a program that could read the files from my word processor. I still have all my old floppies, as well as most of the hard drives that hold copies of the files. What I don’t have is a program that can read them.

What’s even more tragic is that several of those floppies and one of those hard drives have scans of everything I wrote in high school, too. When I got my first PC, I also invested in a very expensive scanner. It scanned great, but that’s all it could do. In order to digitize all my high school poems and stories, I bought one of the earliest, commercially-available OCR programs, which was over $350 at the time (about $630 nowadays). It was great. It recognized about one out of every twenty words and converted everything into flat text (no formatting) so I ended up re-typing and re-formatting everything on my own anyways, but the fact that it recognized anything impressed the heck out of my friends. It also saved everything into a proprietary file type. That was fine for storage at the time, but I never got around to converting them into Word or text docs. I only have hard copies of 10% of what I wrote at most, so I “lost” anywhere from 100-200 pages of writing. I still have the files, but they’re unreadable. I’m not sure what I’d think of them now, but they were good enough at the time that I nearly got a grant that would have let me get my Master’s degree.

Reaction score
Well guys and gals wish my luck. I'm one of the few not working at home. I work in a grocery and it has been totally nuts in mornings. I stock shelves overnight but normal freight load has been scarce. Most people has been super nice and thanking me for my hard work. But the amount of people waiting to get in has been insane. As much as 200 in line. That 6 foot rule has not applied there. I've been swarmed at times for food. Safety has become a fact after opening. So curious if anybody else is in same place as me? Essential personnel I've become in this state. It feels good are times , but also dangerous with safety factors in play.

Reaction score
Well guys and gals wish my luck. I'm one of the few not working at home. I work in a grocery and it has been totally nuts in mornings. I stock shelves overnight but normal freight load has been scarce. Most people has been super nice and thanking me for my hard work. But the amount of people waiting to get in has been insane. As much as 200 in line. That 6 foot rule has not applied there. I've been swarmed at times for food. Safety has become a fact after opening. So curious if anybody else is in same place as me? Essential personnel I've become in this state. It feels good are times , but also dangerous with safety factors in play.
I'm able to work from home, so can't relate. However, kudos & Thanks to you & everyone else who works @ grocery stores/reail; all those in the medical profession - especially those who are still going to work @ a doctor's office/hospital/etc. (doctors, nurses, administrative staff, etc.); those who deliver mail/packages/etc.; pharmacists; waste collectors; and everyone else who is working either on the front lines and/or behind the scenes to make sure everything out there is still running as smoothly as possible. If it weren't for all of you, all of the rest of us would be screwed.

It's terrible that this crisis is costing to many their business/jobs. However, Amazon (and I'm sure some other companies) are doing an incredible amount of hiring to meet demand. I myself have ordered from Amazon for years, but will probably be ordering more from them than usual due to not wanting to go out as much:

Last edited:
Reaction score
That "essential jobs" are not CLEARLY defined at the moment. Without that anyone can claim their business is essential, like my employers.

I don't feel comfortable going into work, and I've been given the option not to, but I won't get paid, and it may come back to bite me when things go back to normal. So I feel compelled to come in out of fear of losing my job and my health insurance.

Reaction score
Got my official travel pApers so I can go into work everyday. My job: support staff for medical professionals. so I am kind of in the middle of “why am I here“ & “better than risking not getting paid. “

Thank you to everyone who has to work & is helping with supply chain, EMS, & everyone else that needs to be done.

Reaction score
Well the local Amazon warehouse has closed due to employees testing positive for virus. It closed earlier this week and no timetable for reopening .

Reaction score
I'm considered "essential" personal at my job and today I was both upset and disgusted to see multiple pairs of gloves and masks littered in my parking lot. Had to easily be close to 10 different pairs of gloves and at least 5 masks. Alongside my building and about 10 feet roughly from where I saw the bulk of the gloves there are 6 large size garbage cans (completely empty as our pick-up was Friday afternoon) and yet the people who used the gloves and masks couldn't be bothered bringing the gloves/masks to the garbage cans, instead lets dump them on the floor of the parking lot.

there is also a small basketball court across the street from my building (and yes my town has the court caution taped off) where there were 20+ different people all within inches of each other playing basketball like today was just another day.

I get it.. people are bored, people want normalcy to return and for this deadly virus to be long gone.... but how is this going to happen if people can't even throw away gloves, masks or ignore safety guidelines and pretend like nothing is going to happen.

I can't wrap my head around the stupidity / laziness of people.

Reaction score
Yup. And if those people catch it, they'll be the first ones to yell "please help me or I don't know how I caught it." All idiots.

Reaction score
I'm considered "essential" personal at my job and today I was both upset and disgusted to see multiple pairs of gloves and masks littered in my parking lot. Had to easily be close to 10 different pairs of gloves and at least 5 masks. Alongside my building and about 10 feet roughly from where I saw the bulk of the gloves there are 6 large size garbage cans (completely empty as our pick-up was Friday afternoon) and yet the people who used the gloves and masks couldn't be bothered bringing the gloves/masks to the garbage cans, instead lets dump them on the floor of the parking lot.

there is also a small basketball court across the street from my building (and yes my town has the court caution taped off) where there were 20+ different people all within inches of each other playing basketball like today was just another day.

I get it.. people are bored, people want normalcy to return and for this deadly virus to be long gone.... but how is this going to happen if people can't even throw away gloves, masks or ignore safety guidelines and pretend like nothing is going to happen.

I can't wrap my head around the stupidity / laziness of people.
Terrible. I've also seen plastic gloves/wipes discarded all over parking lots, etc. It's not that difficult to just put these in a garbage can. And, why the hell are people still congregating?! This is how the virus spreads. Dumb@$$e$.

The stupidity/laziness/selfishness/entitlement of most people never ceases to NOT surprise me.

Reaction score
Unpopular opinion maybe: My life has actually been enhanced by the stay in place, social distancing. I work from home anyway, so no change for me beyond the fact that most of my clients are not working or are minimally working so... less work. My kids are home and while they can be annoying I enjoy seeing them more. My wife is also home so we've gotten to eat lunches together and share some schooling with the kiddos. Also, we don't run around all over the place like we used to. I'm not sad at all about not being a taxi and not being dragged to 8 different places on the weekends.

While I miss seeing friends and family, I'm rather happy with the slower pace of life right now.

What drives me nuts?? All the complaints about what we can't do when I'm queuing up the next Netflix episode :)

Reaction score
There is a schoolyard around the corner from my house.Every day there are at least 3-6 mothers there with their gaggle of kids, all over the Jungle gym ( about 10 kids). Not to mention at least 7-8 groups of 4-5 kids riding bikes in the same schoolyard (teens). Thanks for possibly spreading the disease, and prolonging the situation for everyone, you selfish jerks....

Reaction score
There is a schoolyard around the corner from my house.Every day there are at least 3-6 mothers there with their gaggle of kids, all over the Jungle gym ( about 10 kids). Not to mention at least 7-8 groups of 4-5 kids riding bikes in the same schoolyard (teens). Thanks for possibly spreading the disease, and prolonging the situation for everyone, you selfish jerks....
Agreed. I see/hear the same thing near where I live, and I hate that. These idiots are spreading the virus, but don't care. I hate to say this, but the U.S. government needs to crack down on this $#@#, pronto. If that means soldiers/police going around and forcibly dispersing people that are congregating (whether it means groups of kids playing and/or groups of people talking/socializing/partying/etc.), then so be it. People won't listen on their own, but they will listen if they're threatened with fines/jail time (or both).

Last edited:
Reaction score
They aren't messing around here. Any gathering of more than 15 people is now illegal (among some other things). If caught you can face a $1000 fine. If it goes to court the fine could be upped to $100,000 and $500,000 if you're a repeat offender. I believe jail time is also on the table if you're a repeat offender.

Those people @Lobotscomb saw were being completely irresponsible. People treating this pandemic like it's not a big deal drive me nuts!

Reaction score
You know I was thinking. I've heard alcohol sales have gone up 55 percent since thus started. Just curious about the increase in 1-900 numbers? Since most people can't go out, do they get drunk and call?

Reaction score
We had a snow storm yesterday. Because nothing spells F-U-N like a statewide shelter in place with all nonessential businesses shuttered for the month during a highly contagious and deadly global pandemic, and then dropping almost a foot of heavy wet snow on top of the whole show.

Reaction score
Can't really complain about this but..... since I'm here.

Ordered some bandanas on Amazon (face cover because we can't go to work anymore without face coverings) I ordered the 12 pack for extras & decided I could always make a M.A.S.H. unit tent out of them after this is all done. Added on some hobby supplies to pad the order enough to make it worth it.

Hobby stuff will be here in a few days, the bandanas will be here in 2-3 months :(

Reaction score
Well , I'm still kicking at work. Last off day was March 31st, but still going in each night. Last week was a little tough. 63 hours will do that I guess. Hope to be on more soon after things calm down some. Will keep everyone posted as month marches on.

Reaction score
So I've been working from home since March 25th. I work in the Auto Glass department at AAA. I logged in Monday morning to an email from my manager saying there would be a conference call today to see how everything is going. I didn't think much of it.

I log into the meeting today and someone from HR is on the phone, I immediately knew something was up. They decided to sell the auto glass department to Safelight. So now auto glass will remain for the next 30 days. After that we will be shifted to the auto glass claims department. They set up the claims and send the members to whatever glass shop they want - now AAA Auto Glass won't be on the list. We will be in that department until about August, that's when I have to figure out what department I want to go to.

It just really bums me out. I had this job for over a year. This was one job I really liked, didn't get my chops busted by management, and loved the schedule (first time working Mon-Fri). This May I will be with the company for 6 years, and also in May I'll be turning 34. Before auto glass I used to work in Road Service. I would take calls of people broken down on the road. I REFUSE to go back there, it got horrible right before I left.

At least I'll still be with AAA as I like working there. When I got out of road service to go to auto glass, there was excitement of leaving road service, but also nervousness about learning a new position. Now there's no excitement, its pure nervousness. I have to learn a new position, will I like it? What will my hours/schedule be? I'm a homeowner now so there's added pressure for me there as well.

Reaction score
If you like working with glass repair or installation then try an auto repair shop on maybe that list. Or even making storm windows for houses. People always looking for new windows or safety doors. Could be a new chance at something you like, even more pay too. Plus you have experience doing it. That's a big plus in that field.

Reaction score
Also finally got a night off, after 20 days. Boss told me to take my days off for once. Was told I was on top 10 list in store for overtime hours, so I felt that I made a difference and stepped up to the need. Sadly now have to catch up on stuff at home. Ugh.

Reaction score
If you like working with glass repair or installation then try an auto repair shop on maybe that list. Or even making storm windows for houses. People always looking for new windows or safety doors. Could be a new chance at something you like, even more pay too. Plus you have experience doing it. That's a big plus in that field.
Well that's the thing, I wasn't an installer. I was in the office taking calls and setting up appointments for the technicians, also verifying parts so we got the right piece of glass to the techs.