Things that drive you nuts?

Reaction score
Bureaucracy, man. Bureaucracy.
Before you can post here you need to fill out forms A, 23, D12 & the required related forms that can all be found on the website that we never put a proper search engine in because it’s behind the firewall that you will need to VPN into, to get access to said site VPN to the credentials section not the user credentials section to receive your username & password to access the site.
Until you do this access will be withheld but if you need help call our IT hotline who’s number we will never supply you with nor will we supply the correct web address. Hail Hydra! We are here to “help”

Reaction score
We've had more dogs and cats dumped in our neighborhood. A few were dumped last month, but there were a bunch over the past week. Two batches of kittens and at least half a dozen dogs. Neighbors spotted the one guy and managed to get him cited for it, another was cited because the dog was chipped. One silver lining is that neighbors caught and placed 3-4 of the dogs and most of the kittens.

Reaction score
Within the past month my job has started to get busy. I knew it was going to happen, it was just a matter of when. I guess I got spoiled the last 2 years of it being extremely slow.

Tomorrow they are having an employee appreciation day. In my monthly meeting with my supervisor which was a few weeks ago, I asked how that was going to work as we are still working from home. He said we would log off the phones, go to the main HQ and get some food, then come back and log in. That really isn't an issue for me, I'm about 20 minutes from HQ. However, I learned yesterday that only the people working in the office can attend, and people working from home can't. If I wanted to attend, I would have to bring my laptop in, but I'm not going through all that. I don't feel like bringing my laptop in for one day and trying to get it up and running just to get off the phones for a few hours (I need a second monitor and HQ is low on equipment). The whole situation just doesn't sit well with me, its like they are screwing the people who are working from home.

The funny thing is they sent out a work from home survey recently, one of the questions was 'What on-site activites would you like to attend?" and one of the answers was a team lunch/summer appreciation event cookout. Really? 🤦‍♂️

Reaction score
They’re speaking out of both sides of their mouths. It’s such a common corporate defect, planning events that oppose their own policies.

Reaction score
The funny thing is they sent out a work from home survey recently, one of the questions was 'What on-site activites would you like to attend?" and one of the answers was a team lunch/summer appreciation event cookout. Really? 🤦‍♂️
My company banned appreciation meals/events for workers in the US years ago. They still throw huge galas in other regions.

Reaction score
this is what I live with everyday. but I'm not married. so you can subsitute wife with any word that fits.............:(

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Reaction score
So for me, this isn't a daily annoyance...but it happens more often that I wish. Unlike most, I hate coffee...totally makes me gag. As a kid, everyone always told me nobody likes it at first but it grows on you. Never grew on me. But I usually stop into the little convenience store down the road from me to buy iced tea on my way to work, that's my wake-up caffeine. And at least once or twice a week I get stuck behind some old grandpa or grandma playing about two dozen lotto numbers. And sure, perhaps I could just wake up earlier so I don't have to rush, rush, rush to work...but man, it still drives me crazy when I get stuck behind them.

Reaction score
My nephew and his grandkids have caught to virus!
Probably about 2/3 of the people I know who avoided it the past 2.5 years have had it in the last 2-3 months. Most have been mild, but a couple have been serious, including two more family members dying. In the middle of all that, I've had 4-5 people come around me and/or my kids, or send their kids around us knowing they had it and not tell us until after.

Reaction score
I just spoke to my nephew and he feels horrible- got all the shots and boosters and still got it! he can't smell or taste anything so I asked him if he had hot sauce, he said ,yes, I told him to douse the food with it, if you can't taste it, maybe you can "feel" it! the heat of the sauce. he said he would try it if it allowed him to eat- no appetite for him. I hope it works! Also, his daughter allowed their infected children to go to a parade today-with the "Coot in positive result! she knew they tested positive too!- no, they didn't have shots

Reaction score
You can't fix stupid, or selfish. A lot of the people I know who have gotten it recently, got it from people who knew they'd tested positive but refused to stay home. Last Friday, a coworker called in sick because he, his wife and kids all tested positive. He spent the entire next day posting pics on Facebook of them at an amusement park.

The people I know who lost their taste and smell said that no matter what they did, their food was all the same. They've all said they know they're eating/drinking, but there's no taste and no pleasure in it. One coworker's wife went out and bought him a very expensive steak, thinking that would somehow overcome the loss of taste. He said it was just a waste of $20+, and he could have been eating cardboard and not known the difference.

Reaction score
I saw a quote online recently, it said "The people who haven't caught Covid yet are like the people in the back row at a Dodgeball game who haven't been hit yet."

Thought that was a funny comparison.

Reaction score
I've read a couple articles saying that most of the NOVIDS have likely had it but were lucky enough to have very mild or asymptomatic cases and didn't realize they'd caught it. They said that anyone who truly hasn't had it by now really ought to be studied to determine if they have some sort of immunity. Nobody in my house has tested positive, but I'm leaning toward us either having had asymptomatic cases, or we had Omicron and the home tests didn't catch it.

Reaction score
I and some people at the local Barnes and Noble book store caught the virus(Coot, as I call it) several years ago at the store near the same time, had the total lose of taste and smell! I still suffer from it! A lot of people from another forum, nearby, have been VERY critical of my claim, but the Dr.s evaluating me said they had no idea of what I had. ( despite nose and throat swabbings) I and the other victims were sick within 5 or more hours after contacting the vermin at the store, we had all bought something at the cafe there. I was sick for 6 weeks afterward and am now getting over a strange sinus problem. Ugh!

Reaction score
driving me nuts, when you actually drive to the dr's office for an emergency visit, they don't have you done on their list. you argue with them, going back and forth, and get no where. they say we will try to fit you in. 2 minutes later doc sees me waiting, says come on back and I'll see you now. the nuts part, being wheeled out of the doc's office, unconcious (sic) and needing hospital care. imagine them saying you'll have to come back another time. if I wasn't where I was, I wouldn't have been back to see the doc. it's been a long week. it was a nightmare. many front office staff is not what it use to be.

Reaction score
Please hang in there. It’s bad now, but you can get through it.

Reaction score
I took the dog out this afternoon. A City lawn maintenance crew pulled up. A guy got out and told me to put the dog inside. When I asked why, he told me there couldn't be any animals outside while they were mowing. I put the dog inside, came back out and asked why they were mowing. He brought up the complaint about our long grass and the notices we'd received saying they'd be mowing today, and that we'd be charged $150 for it. I told him I had no clue what he was talking about. We have a regular lawn care company and we've never gotten a notice. I asked who complained, thinking it might be some angry neighbor, although I wasn't aware of anyone havnig a beef with us. They said they couldn't tell me. I refused to get out of their way and the guy started saying I could be cited for stopping them from doing their duty. We both got a little loud. The guy in charge finally agreed to show me his work order. Wrong address. Not only had he transposed two of the numbers (4231 instead of 4321), but he had the street wrong as well. I'll give him until morning, and then I'll stop holding my breath waiting for his apology.

Reaction score
I took the dog out this afternoon. A City lawn maintenance crew pulled up. A guy got out and told me to put the dog inside. When I asked why, he told me there couldn't be any animals outside while they were mowing. I put the dog inside, came back out and asked why they were mowing. He brought up the complaint about our long grass and the notices we'd received saying they'd be mowing today, and that we'd be charged $150 for it. I told him I had no clue what he was talking about. We have a regular lawn care company and we've never gotten a notice. I asked who complained, thinking it might be some angry neighbor, although I wasn't aware of anyone havnig a beef with us. They said they couldn't tell me. I refused to get out of their way and the guy started saying I could be cited for stopping them from doing their duty. We both got a little loud. The guy in charge finally agreed to show me his work order. Wrong address. Not only had he transposed two of the numbers (4231 instead of 4321), but he had the street wrong as well. I'll give him until morning, and then I'll stop holding my breath waiting for his apology.
I would have let him mow after seeing the document. And took a snapshot with my phone. They aren’t going to bill you, as they will send the bill to the correct address. And you never asked for it, as you have a regular guy. Let him do it because stupid arrogant people should work harder for nothing.

Reaction score
I considered it, but our guy mowed on Friday so there wasn't anything to mow, and I don't know if the City guys would have avoided damaging our trees, flowers, etc. He also said that, once they send the final notice, they still charge you even if you mow it before they get there, because there's still a charge associated with them coming out. I didn't want to risk a fight over possibly being charged for work they did, despite no complaints or notices. I have a friend who had to fight for 2-3 years to get reimbursed for sidewalk repairs when the city repaired them at the wrong house.

Reaction score
seeing all those supposedly exclusive figures be it tvc or black series show up at the etailers. I had posted about this before, in the proper threads I believe. you wait long enough, you'll end up getting everything you need....

Reaction score
Finding out that the only thing you had in common with a group of friends was drinking. I had a secondary group of friends in college. I fell in with them after my main group of friends went their separate ways due to a variety of life events. We hung out for a few years, but until last night, we hadn't seen each other as a group in over 25 years. We actually lost touch of each other entirely for a decade or so, but one of the guys tracked us all down online and we've hit like on each other's Facebook posts and even made the occasional comment since then. Everyone was in town this weekend, so we had a little reunion last night.

Me and one of the other guys no longer drink. The others still think they're in college. It was dreadful. It started off with a bunch of conversations about nights none of us really remember that went absolutely nowhere. The four drinkers only brought up partying they've done over the last twenty years, but even those stories were pointless, meandering "you had to be there" anecdotes. As they worked on ramping up their blood alcohol content, I talked with the sober guy. It was at least a coherent conversation, but he was the first one to move away, we haven't seen each other in person since then, and he's the most private on social media, so it was basically like meeting him for the first time. I couldn't generate much interest in his stories about work and his family since I had no idea who any of the people were. I'm still not sure how many kids he has. He at least knew my kids' names, but the disinterest was mostly mutual.

We finally sat back and watched the others descend into drunkenness, asking each other if we really acted like that back then, and why we thought this reunion was even a good idea. After a few hours, I texted the one guy's wife to make sure she was really going to show up later to drive them all home. Once we knew they had safe transportation, we snuck out. We promised to keep hitting like on the occasional Facebook post, then wished each other a nice life and headed toward our cars which, fittingly, were on opposite sides of the parking lot.

Reaction score
Between that group and the number who have cut ties over disagreements about various world events, the past two and a half years have been a bit depressing (not counting all the other stuff sparking depression). I've spent the past two weeks trying to get a response from an old friend I've known for over 30 years. I haven't had any arguments or disagreements with him online, and we were in semi-regular contact as recently as as year ago, but all my messages went unanswered. After another private message the other day, he posted a diatribe on his main FB feed that made it clear he was ignoring me and why. He and I likely agree on more than we disagree on, but his nutty stances on the handful of things where we don't see eye to eye are enough for him to consider me an enemy, traitor, and a "threat to humanity." I didn't unfriend or block him, but I did unfollow him. I figure I'll check in on some of these people in a couple years to see if there's any semblance of sanity left in them.

Reaction score
politics are always a deal breaker. always. you'll know who your friends are when the time comes. I choose to be alone. easier, but there are times I need to talk to someone.

Reaction score
I saw a quote online recently, it said "The people who haven't caught Covid yet are like the people in the back row at a Dodgeball game who haven't been hit yet."

Thought that was a funny comparison.
I can sincerely say, I haven't gotten it yet...and certainly (of course) aim to prevent getting it to the best of my ability. But what's even more surprising is work with the public and haven't gotten it. For the first time in my life, I classify in the 1% at something. :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
A sad thing.... I watched The Queens funeral all 10 days, from the time they announced Her passing to today. very rough viewing, tons of tears, but what a magnificent ceremony! there will be no other like it in our lifetimes. also, I am feeling better from my sinus infection! Ugh...

Reaction score
politics are always a deal breaker. always. you'll know who your friends are when the time comes. I choose to be alone. easier, but there are times I need to talk to someone.
I know what you mean. It’s hard to find people to make you comfortable. But sometimes any port in a storm will be okay. Most people are nice when they get to know you.

Reaction score
my gripe for the week. why is it that people go 60-65 in the fast lane and get pissed when you honk the horn for them to move over.?.? is it because they can't hear you, are ignoring you, and just to piss people off.. one thing that will definitely make me go nuts, I get to go nuclear inside my body in about 3 weeks. :D

Reaction score
I'm of two minds, on the whole "slower traffic keep right", thing.
(re: "slower than... what", exactly? slower than the posted limit? or simply just, slower than the next guy? :p LOL)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm of two minds, on the whole "slower traffic keep right", thing.
(re: "slower than... what", exactly? slower than the posted limit? or simply just, slower than the next guy? :p LOL)
I mean technically it's slower than the next guy, but you still need to stay under the speed limit overall as we all know. The way it is around my area is that in the right most lane people usually go the speed limit, so it gets progressively faster above the limit as you move over to each left lane. With 5 or 6 lanes at times you'd think people would have plenty of choices as to what speed they want to cruise at. Why the slow pokes get in the left most lane is beyond me.

Reaction score
Productive day at work yesterday. My one manager, Larry, called and asked if I had the report ready. "No," I said, "I can't finish it until Chad sends me his portion." He then asked why I'm waiting around for Chad and not being proactive about it. I reminded him that he let Chad take three weeks off, which is against company policy, and didn't insist on him turning in his portion before leaving. He asked why that wasn't brought up previously. I pointed out that it was and reminded him of the three email chains I'd included him on, all of which he'd responded to more than once. He then asked if I could have it to him by Monday. I reminded him again of Chad's three weeks off, as well as the fact that it takes at least a week to fix Chad's sloppy work and incorporate it into the final report, so he's now looking at November 1st at the earliest. He then asked why I let this happen. I forwarded him all the emails, plus the emails from our admin who had initially denied Chad's vacation request and then strongly recommended against letting Chad take off when Larry insisted it was okay and provided the approval to bypass the time off policy, and CC'ed our next level boss on it. At least I'm finally off the hook for it being late.

Reaction score
don't you hate it when you know and prove that someone is on the wrong end of the discussion or is at fault, that person tries to squirm out of their responsibility..??? I have a family member that is exactly like that.. another passing of the buck. humans will never learn.

Reaction score
remember, there are a lot of people who look at a sign and just does the opposite or ignore it. I would think at least 60% or more do these on a regular basis. so, a posted speed limit sign is just a sign in general. how many of us really follow the letter of the law when it comes to signs related to driving.? I know everywhere is different, but in California, there is a lot of open roads/freeways, etc. if the cops really wanted to write tickets, it would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Reaction score
don't you hate it when you know and prove that someone is on the wrong end of the discussion or is at fault, that person tries to squirm out of their responsibility..??? I have a family member that is exactly like that.. another passing of the buck. humans will never learn.
These two do it all the time, no matter how trivial the matter is. I always at least make an initial attempt to handle it just between us, but with Larry in particular, nothing ever gets done unless I go over their heads. Chad's more of an all-around d-bag. We have a handover meeting at the start of each shift. Chad always starts the meeting 20 minutes early and starts dinging people in chat telling them to join as soon as he sees them logged on. When he starts his shift, he always joins the meeting 55-59 seconds late (so no later than 7:00:59, so nobody can ever say he was actually late). He started complaining to one of our other managers, Beth, that I was consistently late to the meetings. In his mind, if he doesn't get to leave five minutes early, the other shift is late. This went on for several months and he made such an issue of it that she actually ordered me into a one-on-one with her (an HR formality outside of just having a simple call or meeting). Our chat tool records the start and end times, and attendance for each meeting, so I collected two months' worth of logs and sent them to her. I'm not sure what went on with her follow-up meeting with Chad, but he didn't speak to me for more than a month after that.

Reaction score
my problem is my mom. I can't get away from it. always right, never wrong. she knows it all. you catch her in a lie and/or prove she is wrong, she clams up or says that not what I said or did.. I know somewhat of what you are going thru. over the last 8 years roughly, I have had heart related issues. so, my mom took to me to dr's appointments etc,. it got so bad with her vs the dr's, I go alone to all my medical appointments. her and my dr's don't get along. she feels she knows more then them and doesn't approve of what they prescribe for me, or the care I need. it's been at least 3 years now. for me, it was embarrassing. visits now are 5, maybe 10 minutes tops. before they were 20-30 minutes due to my mom. basically, my mom won't/can't keep her mouth shut. she loves the sound of her voice, imp...