Things that drive you nuts?

Reaction score
people who go on social media and complain about people posting spoilers to TV shows or movies... Here's an easier thing to do... STAY OFF OF SOCIAL MEDIA!!!!

I understand that not everyone gets the opportunity to watch a movie on the opening weekend due to commitments or work or family (same goes with TV shows) but if they are so worried about having the show/movie spoiled than stay off social media.

it's seriously not hard to do. log off of Facebook, Twitter etc. and just not read any clicks/posts etc. text your family and friends and say hey please don't spoil the show/movie as I won't be able to see if for a couple days.

I think our society has become too dependent on social media that unless we click on it every minute of every day to see what someone has posted etc. we will miss something. to avoid spoilers myself I turned off all of my social media platforms on my phone and tablet until I went to see the movie in the theaters or watched the show on TV. I'll text my friends and family and ask them politely to not ruin the surprise.

Reaction score
people who go on social media and complain about people posting spoilers to TV shows or movies... Here's an easier thing to do... STAY OFF OF SOCIAL MEDIA!!!!

I understand that not everyone gets the opportunity to watch a movie on the opening weekend due to commitments or work or family (same goes with TV shows) but if they are so worried about having the show/movie spoiled than stay off social media.

it's seriously not hard to do. log off of Facebook, Twitter etc. and just not read any clicks/posts etc. text your family and friends and say hey please don't spoil the show/movie as I won't be able to see if for a couple days.

I think our society has become too dependent on social media that unless we click on it every minute of every day to see what someone has posted etc. we will miss something. to avoid spoilers myself I turned off all of my social media platforms on my phone and tablet until I went to see the movie in the theaters or watched the show on TV. I'll text my friends and family and ask them politely to not ruin the surprise.
Yes I agree. I don't do social media but I can imagine it would be very easy to be spoiled, pretty simple to avoid though if it's that important to someone. I am a moderator on an NFL forum, we have a movie forum and I still haven't set aside time to see Avengers. I've avoided the Endgame thread here and there and haven't been spoiled yet. If I see or hear convo about it on tv or radio, change the channel. It's not that hard.

I had a buddy of mine spoil Rogue One for me , he said everyone dies. I about punched him, lol. He will never spoil me again.

Reaction score
Automated customer service. Just hate having to pick one of 30 options then listening to how their options have changed. Then being circled back to the main menu again.

Reaction score
People like DarkArtist complaining abzout people who go on social media complaining about people posting spoilers to movies

Originally Posted by DarkArtist people who go on social media and complain about people posting spoilers to TV shows or movies... Here's an easier thing to do... STAY OFF OF SOCIAL MEDIA!!!!

it's seriously not hard to do. log off of Facebook, Twitter etc. and just not read any clicks/posts etc. text your family and friends and say hey please don't spoil the show/movie as I won't be able to

Reaction score
People who complain about your contributions to a volunteer/school event. My daughters had a banquet tonight for one of their school clubs. They do multiple potlucks for each of their clubs and sports each year. Some, you only have to bring in enough to cover your family and a few more (8-12 servings), but everyone shares. There are a couple big ones each year where people not on the team/club are invited. In those cases, you have to bring in enough to serve 12-20 people, depending on the event. What you have to bring in is based on your kid's grade level. Since our daughters are in almost everything together, we always have to bring in two different items, and enough of each to serve however many people they designate. So for each of these dinners, we're bringing in enough food for 16-40 people. Except for when we have to bring in drinks or (sometimes) bread, I always make whatever we bring in, whether it's dessert, salad, a side dish, homemade rolls, etc. Most people don't bring enough to feed their own family, even at the smaller events and even when they have 2-3 kids in attendance, and at least half the people bring in something store-bought, so you'll get people bringing in a package of Oreo's, a bag of Doritos, a can of fruit salad, a small take-home pasta dish from the grocery store, etc. I don't think I've been to one of these things where at least one person didn't complain about what I brought. Tonight I took a big aluminum dish full of pasta (two boxes of pasta, two jars of sauce, 2.5 lbs of ground beef, a bag of shredded cheese, half a cup of parmesan, various spices) and two big loaves of homemade garlic bread (as in, made from scratch, not a take & bake, Pillsbury's or something like that). I had to leave early but virtually every comment I heard about what I brought in was a complaint. It was too much, it was too dry, it had too much sauce, it was unhealthy (ground beef and cheese, you know), it was too bland, it was too spicy, etc. The lady who helped the head organizer complemented me, but that was about it. It drove me nuts. Not only were the other contributions mostly the same assortment of store-bought crap we always see at these things, but not a single other person brought in the amount they were supposed to. The one silver lining was that my wife texted me about ten minutes ago to tell me that my bread and pasta were the first dishes they ran out of.

Reaction score
People that think just because they have vintage figures and ships that are beat to hell and missing everything are worth the thousands they are asking. Or people that post potf2 and on stuff as vintage. Ps those same people ask 60 dollars for a carded ep 1 Darth Maul...

Last edited:
Reaction score
People who complain about your contributions to a volunteer/school event. My daughters had a banquet tonight for one of their school clubs. They do multiple potlucks for each of their clubs and sports each year. Some, you only have to bring in enough to cover your family and a few more (8-12 servings), but everyone shares. There are a couple big ones each year where people not on the team/club are invited. In those cases, you have to bring in enough to serve 12-20 people, depending on the event. What you have to bring in is based on your kid's grade level. Since our daughters are in almost everything together, we always have to bring in two different items, and enough of each to serve however many people they designate. So for each of these dinners, we're bringing in enough food for 16-40 people. Except for when we have to bring in drinks or (sometimes) bread, I always make whatever we bring in, whether it's dessert, salad, a side dish, homemade rolls, etc. Most people don't bring enough to feed their own family, even at the smaller events and even when they have 2-3 kids in attendance, and at least half the people bring in something store-bought, so you'll get people bringing in a package of Oreo's, a bag of Doritos, a can of fruit salad, a small take-home pasta dish from the grocery store, etc. I don't think I've been to one of these things where at least one person didn't complain about what I brought. Tonight I took a big aluminum dish full of pasta (two boxes of pasta, two jars of sauce, 2.5 lbs of ground beef, a bag of shredded cheese, half a cup of parmesan, various spices) and two big loaves of homemade garlic bread (as in, made from scratch, not a take & bake, Pillsbury's or something like that). I had to leave early but virtually every comment I heard about what I brought in was a complaint. It was too much, it was too dry, it had too much sauce, it was unhealthy (ground beef and cheese, you know), it was too bland, it was too spicy, etc. The lady who helped the head organizer complemented me, but that was about it. It drove me nuts. Not only were the other contributions mostly the same assortment of store-bought crap we always see at these things, but not a single other person brought in the amount they were supposed to. The one silver lining was that my wife texted me about ten minutes ago to tell me that my bread and pasta were the first dishes they ran out of.

People suck. And they will eat your food on top of it.

Reaction score
People suck. And they will eat your food on top of it.

Ain't that the truth?

In all fairness, I will say there was one time that we got (mostly) due credit for chipping in. At our older kids' grade school they had a big fund raiser each year which was one of their biggest money-making events. A big part of it was the bake sale. This one year, some dim bulb decided to turn off the A/C at the school shortly after all the baked goods were dropped off and set up. That night an urgent call went out saying that everything had been ruined. It was the middle of summer, in the upper 90s, and virtually all the baked goods had some sort of chocolate or icing. Except for a handful of cookies and a couple loaves of bread, everything was ruined. We were out of town the week leading up to it and hadn't contributed anything--a fact someone in the school office had very nastily pointed out to us several times both in person and via voice mail--so we decided to pitch in. When we found that, except for one of my wife's friends, almost nobody else was willing or able to help out, we decided to go all out. We didn't want her to shoulder the burden on her own, although she ended up calling us the next morning to tell us she just decided not to bake anything.

I'm not normally the type to say things like "I singlehandedly saved the day," but in this situation, that's a fair statement. My wife started on a cake, got tired and went to sleep. I was up all night finishing her cake and making simple cookies, breads and brownies, mostly from mixes I'd gotten from the discount store. We had one of those two-tier ovens at the time so I was able to have three things baking at a time. I baked for something like sixteen hours straight, using a variety of innovative surfaces as cooling racks (like the screens for the storm doors that I hadn't bothered to put up yet that year), and then bagging things up every free second I had. Late the next morning I started hauling stuff to the school. I'd baked so much that it took three trips. It ended up being the largest and most profitable bake sale they ever had. That said, aside from what I'd baked, there was a total of something like three dozen cookies, one cake and three loaves of bread. We received a couple dozen thank you cards and a bunch of phone calls from people thanking my wife for all she did (they all assumed she'd done the baking--freaking gender role stereotyping bigots :grin:). I wasn't too upset about being overlooked (at first) since we at least got some credit. It wasn't until the school newsletter came out that I got upset. It was put together by the same person who'd left the nasty voice mails. She knew I was the one who did all the baking. She thanked everyone who contributed to the fund raiser by name, but didn't mention me or my wife, which was very, very typical from her. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Another crappy Godzilla movie. He doesn't even look right. I know he's a giant lizard but c'mon. Looks more like he ate Tokyo before going on set.

Reaction score
The voicemail notification message on my cell phone. In order to listen to the actual message, I first have to listen to the computer voice recite the entire phone number; the date, time and day of the week the message was left; and how long the message is.

I neither need, nor want that information. Heck, about 25% of the time, the caller's message is shorter than the phone's recitation of the message's details!

Reaction score
People that think just because they have vintage figures and ships that are beat to hell and missing everything are worth the thousands they are asking. Or people that post potf2 and on stuff as vintage. Ps those same people ask 60 dollars for a carded ep 1 Darth Maul...

Yeah, I hate a-holes like that. I've seen people selling beat-up Vintage SW toys since the early '90's. I wouldn't pay one red cent for any of this crap. In fact, you couldn't pay me to take any of this garbage. I was walking through a flea market circa '92, and some idiot was selling an old Vintage TIE fighter with broken wings, the stickers coming off, etc. - he was asking $200 for this! I told him, "You'd be better off throwing this in the plastic recycling bin, or the trash. That's where it belongs. Anyone that would buy this from you for that price - or any price - is stupider than you are for selling it!" The enraged expression on the face of this guy was priceless! As I walked away, I could feel his eyes boring into my back. This fat piece of $#$% could barely walk, so I knew he couldn't come after me - ha ha.

Take your beat up Vintage toys & stick them where the sun don't shine, you entitled scammers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Unreasonable parents. I was planning on taking my older girls, a couple of their friends and our oldest's boyfriend to the drive-in to see a movie. It's R-rated but one that I'm comfortable letting our 15-year-old see. All the others are 17 (none of them drive) and can legally get into any R-rated movie they choose on their own. The other parents are angry with me and refused to let their kids go. They're okay with the alternate plan, which is for the boyfriend's friend take all the kids (plus his girlfriend) to see a different movie at the drive-in in his van. I was 17 once. I'm the only one who said no.

Reaction score
drivers who block the intersections on the road when there is a red light. I mean seriously folks... it's a red light. the few extra feet your car moves up to block the intersection is not going to make a difference in the grand scheme of things. Plus how hard is it to let another car out etc. Let's have some common courtesy and make the morning commute somewhat easier and possibly enjoyable.

also why is it that when drivers see another driver trying to pull out of a street etc. that they immediately speed up and try to cut them off/ deny them. people are in such a hurry to get from point A to point B that
they fail to see the possible accident before their eyes.

Reaction score
drivers who block the intersections on the road when there is a red light. I mean seriously folks... it's a red light. the few extra feet your car moves up to block the intersection is not going to make a difference in the grand scheme of things. Plus how hard is it to let another car out etc. Let's have some common courtesy and make the morning commute somewhat easier and possibly enjoyable.

also why is it that when drivers see another driver trying to pull out of a street etc. that they immediately speed up and try to cut them off/ deny them. people are in such a hurry to get from point A to point B that
they fail to see the possible accident before their eyes

Nearly every day I see people weave in and out of traffic, squeezing between cars, narrowly missing hitting them in some cases, and all they accomplish is that they get to the next red light about five seconds before everybody else. It's insane and I don't understand what goes on in peoples' minds. It would be stupid and dangerous enough if they actually managed to get where they were going any faster. But they didn't. So it winds up being stupid, dangerous, AND futile.

Reaction score

they fail to see the possible accident before their eyes.

i read your post and without seeing your location first and immediately thought, "sounds like New Jersey drivers" lol.

But in all fairness We are not nearly as bad as Pennsylvania drivers. Attention PA drivers. The left lane is the passing lane, aka the fast lane. Get out of it if you're going slow!

The reason being is, impatient people will pass in the far right lane, making for a dangerous situation with slower drivers trying to merge on and off the highway (3 lane hwy)

Also the word "Yield" does not mean stop in every instance.

Reaction score
i read your post and without seeing your location first and immediately thought, "sounds like New Jersey drivers" lol.

But in all fairness We are not nearly as bad as Pennsylvania drivers. Attention PA drivers. The left lane is the passing lane, aka the fast lane. Get out of it if you're going slow!

The reason being is, impatient people will pass in the far right lane, making for a dangerous situation with slower drivers trying to merge on and off the highway (3 lane hwy)

Yeah, you might be right about this. Growing up in Philadelphia, the general consensus was that Jersey drivers were the worst. But in the last decade or so, I think PA drivers may have taken that title away from you guys on the other side of the river. Congratulations, Pennsylvania drivers!

Reaction score
In regards to my driving post.... I'm sure I'm in the minority when I say this but I truly believe that everyone should have to take an actual exam/road exam very 15 years or so when they renew their driver's license to simply refresh in a way.

Reaction score
Just came back from Disney World and while I love the parks, I have a double stroller that requires some maneuvering (2 year old and 4 month old so a must have). The stroller parking policy is frustrating, but understandable. I realize that there will be a lot of people there. I also realize that I take up a decent amount of room with this stroller.

The thing that makes me crazy is people that simply stand in the middle. MIDDLE of the walkway, middle of the store aisle, middle of the entrance or exit... just a big (or small) group of people with no regard for anyone else that exists. I ALWAYS attempt to stop off to a side or in the best 'as out of the way as possible' area. Even without a stroller, sometimes there is like 4 people standing and blocking a walkway where 50 people are backed up because they are so clueless that they can't just move to the side. I've used all the 'scuse me's and sorrys I can and still end up running into ankles. Don't get me wrong, there are so many people that it's impossible to be just strolling cleanly around, but be aware of other people existing and don't have family meetings in the middle of the walkway.

Reaction score

Did you know that it is illegal in PA to drive in the left hand lane UNLESS you are passing? It's never enforced, so people ignore it.

I don't have much experience with NJ drivers, though I'm going to Wildwood this weekend, so I guess I will soon. However, in my experience, Maryland drivers are worse than PA drivers. :grin:

Reaction score
People who think public seats are their own personal domains. We run into this at church all the time, but today was at the pool. I took my daughter to practice and decided to read while she was in the pool. It was cool and cloudy when we got there so I didn't have any sunscreen on. The sun then came out with a vengeance so I took my chair over in the shade and read there. Toward the end of practice, the young kids started showing up for swim practice. This mother came in, went right to where my daughter had left her stuff and started tsking very loudly. She grabbed another chair, dragged it over to where I was sitting and said, "Come here, darlings! Mommy has to set up in a different spot since somebody took our choice location!" She then started slamming each and every one of her belongings down on or next to her non-choice chair in her non-choice spot while leaning over and glaring at me. Every time she went back to the lounge chair where she'd left her darlings' stuff, she stamped her foot, huffed and/or kicked the chair my daughter's stuff was on. When my daughter finished and was getting ready, she stood up and started walking toward her. I got up and walked past her, after which she went back to her seat, wrapped up in her towel and stared daggers at us as we left. All that over a ragged seat at a public pool. Thankfully, her kids aren't on the team.

Reaction score
Did you know that it is illegal in PA to drive in the left hand lane UNLESS you are passing? It's never enforced, so people ignore it.

I don't have much experience with NJ drivers, though I'm going to Wildwood this weekend, so I guess I will soon. However, in my experience, Maryland drivers are worse than PA drivers. :grin:

i didn't know that about PA, but it believe it's also a ticket-able offense in NJ too. Like PA, rarely enforced. years ago i was speeding on the turnpike, instead of charging me with speeding the state trooper reduced/changed the ticket to 'failure to move right' which carried zero points as opposed to 2-3 pts for speeding.

Reaction score
I'm of two minds on the subject.

on the one hand, if I'm already speeding in the left lane and somebody comes up behind me @ twice the speed limit then I don't feel obliged to get out of the way. I'm already speeding.

on the other hand, its not my job to police the freeway and keep people from driving @ twice the speed limit (LOL) -- it's almost better to get out of the way, so they can get caught by photo radar.

it really just depends on where you drive.

some places say "keep right except to pass" -- this is self-explanatory.
--> this means it's illegal to use the left lane unless you are passing. (makes sense).

but other places say "slower traffic keep right" -- this begs a legal question: slower than, what....?
(answer: slower than the speed limit, since it's always illegal to break the speed limit).
--> this means it's illegal to use the left lane IF you are moving "slower than the speed limit". (which is never).

it's two different laws. with two different outcomes. I can see both angles. (I'm of two minds on the subject).

Last edited:
Reaction score
"Keep right to pass" isn't the law around here; however, I have an uncle who, back in the early 90s, spent a week in another state where it was law. He came back with this superior attitude and would berate anyone who drove in the left hand lane. He was quite smug about it and relentless, telling you how you'd be arrested in other states, that you were inconsiderate, stupid, etc. In the meantime, when he drove he would exhibit his considerate driving skills by consistently going about 20-30 mph over the speed limit, come flying up on people's tails, cut over at the last second then swerve back in front of them with inches to spare.

Coz

Reaction score
How people's vocabulary changes when they are speaking to a perceived authority figure. Normally you say, "The guy got out of the car." When speaking to a cop, "He proceeded to exit the vehicle." Also, selective accents. I live in so cal, so it's probably more noticeable here. News anchors etc pronounce Spanish words with a Spanish accent. But only Spanish words.

Reaction score
I think I've touched on this before, but people who owe you money and don't pay you back but are still able to make major purchases. And flaunt them. We went out to dinner with the whole family about a month ago. It was a fairly expensive restaurant and there were a bunch of us. With the discount card, coupons, etc. I had, if I paid for the whole thing we'd get a big discount so I said I'd pay as long as everyone paid me right back. Everyone agreed. The total bill was over $600 but my discounts saved us over $100. My brother-in-law's bill (him and his family) was over $200, a fair amount of which was due to the very expensive beers he kept ordering. Everyone else paid me back within a day but Jeff didn't.

Fast forward a month and he still hasn't paid. His phone, email and Facebook account keep acting up so he doesn't get any of my calls, texts, emails or messages that mention money. Everything else goes through okay. Our daughters have had four different fundraisers for their various activities in that time. He didn't have money for those, either, but he was able to afford a spur of the moment vacation for his family. And a new TV. And a new tattoo. And a lavish anniversary dinner for the two of them. Today they brought home a new $4000 puppy.

I normally wouldn't get too worked up over $200 but in the same time frame, we've had one disaster after another (two new appliances, two surgeries, my wife--who doesn't get sick pay--being sick for two weeks, etc.). The latest is the high school's surprise announcement that they're changing uniform suppliers so we have to be two whole new wardrobes to the tune of at least $500, and that's if we skimp and don't get the girls sweaters. Jeff's birthday is next week and we got a reminder email today from his wife listing all the mostly-expensive items he wants for his birthday. I'm thinking of giving him an IOU and telling him I'll give him his actual gift once he pays me back.

Reaction score
I think I've touched on this before, but people who owe you money and don't pay you back but are still able to make major purchases. And flaunt them. We went out to dinner with the whole family about a month ago. It was a fairly expensive restaurant and there were a bunch of us. With the discount card, coupons, etc. I had, if I paid for the whole thing we'd get a big discount so I said I'd pay as long as everyone paid me right back. Everyone agreed. The total bill was over $600 but my discounts saved us over $100. My brother-in-law's bill (him and his family) was over $200, a fair amount of which was due to the very expensive beers he kept ordering. Everyone else paid me back within a day but Jeff didn't.

Fast forward a month and he still hasn't paid. His phone, email and Facebook account keep acting up so he doesn't get any of my calls, texts, emails or messages that mention money. Everything else goes through okay. Our daughters have had four different fundraisers for their various activities in that time. He didn't have money for those, either, but he was able to afford a spur of the moment vacation for his family. And a new TV. And a new tattoo. And a lavish anniversary dinner for the two of them. Today they brought home a new $4000 puppy.

I normally wouldn't get too worked up over $200 but in the same time frame, we've had one disaster after another (two new appliances, two surgeries, my wife--who doesn't get sick pay--being sick for two weeks, etc.). The latest is the high school's surprise announcement that they're changing uniform suppliers so we have to be two whole new wardrobes to the tune of at least $500, and that's if we skimp and don't get the girls sweaters. Jeff's birthday is next week and we got a reminder email today from his wife listing all the mostly-expensive items he wants for his birthday. I'm thinking of giving him an IOU and telling him I'll give him his actual gift once he pays me back.

EFFF that noise! Stuff like this drives me insane! I have zero tolerance for crap like this.

I had a friend who was notorious with this type of behavior. I was the ******* enabler, and allowed myself to be taken advantage of for years and years. Until I stopped it. And it eventually destroyed the friendship.

I'm currently dealing with money owed from my very OWN brother - same amount, $200. How many times do I remind him, before just giving up...give in. $100 is from a trip we took late last year, and the other $100 is for an item he bought for my niece, his daughter..from me. As I sit and think about it, the more ticked off I get. Because, yeah, I see all the money being spent on his end and the small debt owed to me goes unpaid.

Another example, was when I worked for a company and we would all go out and celebrate birthdays. The birthday girl/guy was treated okay, but everyone split the bill evenly outside of them. How is that fair when certain coworkers were buying expensive bottles of wine and my wife and I had water? I was enraged every time, until I stopped attending.

Reaction score
EFFF that noise! Stuff like this drives me insane! I have zero tolerance for crap like this.

I had a friend who was notorious with this type of behavior. I was the ******* enabler, and allowed myself to be taken advantage of for years and years. Until I stopped it. And it eventually destroyed the friendship.

I'm currently dealing with money owed from my very OWN brother - same amount, $200. How many times do I remind him, before just giving up...give in. $100 is from a trip we took late last year, and the other $100 is for an item he bought for my niece, his daughter..from me. As I sit and think about it, the more ticked off I get. Because, yeah, I see all the money being spent on his end and the small debt owed to me goes unpaid.

Another example, was when I worked for a company and we would all go out and celebrate birthdays. The birthday girl/guy was treated okay, but everyone split the bill evenly outside of them. How is that fair when certain coworkers were buying expensive bottles of wine and my wife and I had water? I was enraged every time, until I stopped attending.

Alcohol should always be on a separate tab. I went to one event where I was told my share of the tab and laughed in the server's face. When I realized they weren't joking I explained very calmly that I wouldn't be paying $100+ for alcohol and the server looked shocked like I was breaking some rule. I handed her an amount that covered my portion plus a hefty tip that probably went to the grand total and left. Never attended another one.

Nothing makes people crazier then money.

Reaction score
If you're out with a bunch of people, depending on how well you know them all, it's probably best to get separate tabs. I know it's probably a pain in the *** for the waiter or waitress, but it can prevent so many problems in the long run.

A few years ago, my wife and I were out with a big group of people she worked with, some spouses, etc. It was an informal thing and people were kind of coming and going all night. Long story short, at the end of the night, some people had apparently left without paying. The waiter tried to stick the people who were left, including me and my wife, with the remainder of the bill. I explained that I hardly even knew the people who left and there was no way I was paying the tab for virtual strangers. My wife and I had a few beers, I think some chicken fingers, and one other food item. I gladly paid our portion plus a tip. He was not happy. Now, in fairness, we should have just asked for our own tab when we ordered our first beer, but like I said, it was an informal hang out situation. But we learned our lesson and now we always specify we want a separate tab right off the bat.

Separate tabs are probably better anyway since a lot of people are going to be paying with debit cards. It's not like years ago where everyone had cash on them and you just plunked down your share and one person kind of had the job of counting it and making sure everyone threw in the right amount and no one cheaped out on the tip. Nowadays, if one person puts the whole amount on their card, it's a crap shoot whether or not they'll ever see that money from the rest of the group.

Reaction score
And it's people like that,who when you do the favor for are good with it. But when it's their turn or when time to pay back the owed debt are no where to be found. This is why I hate the human race. Kind of makes me angry with this type that purposely take advantage of people's kindness. Just want to punch them in the face repeatly. It's not the adult way to handle the situation but neither are they.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I used to work with a guy who never bought alcohol, appetizers or dessert unless a manager was paying or everyone was splitting the bill. I argued about it the first time he pulled that and everyone made me out to be the bad guy. My appetizer and water came out to something like $5, but at the end of the night they told me I owed something like $30 because we were splitting it evenly. He had a couple appetizers, at least 8-10 very expensive drinks, the most expensive meal on the menu and a couple desserts. He only ate a couple bites and boxed up the rest to take home to his kids, which was something he did whenever there was food at work. If everyone had gotten separate bills, his was the only one that would have been over $30.

He's the one who, whenever we had big presentations or parties, would go right over at the start, grab 2-3 whole pizzas, hide them at his desk and then take them home to his kids. At our last big Christmas party (part of the reason we quit having office Christmas parties), he took a case of Coke, a whole shrimp platter, a few bags of chips, one of the big sub platters (like half a 6-foot sub) and a bunch of the baked goods people had baked and brought in to share. He actually took a cart, loaded it up, rolled it out to his car, loaded his trunk (it was winter so it would keep), then came back in and ate his share.

During my brief tenure as manager, a blizzard/ice storm hit and we were all snowed in at the office for a couple days. As luck would have it, they'd canceled all expense accounts the month before. I had eight or ten people on my team, none of whom were prepared to be stuck at work for almost 72 hours. Thankfully, by the time my cash & change for the vending machines ran out, the pizza place across the road started making deliveries. I ordered a bunch of pizza, wings and drinks for the team--paid for it out of my own pocket. I ordered extra because, come hell or high water, I was leaving in the morning and my wife and kids had run out of dinner-type food the night before. As I was walking out, I caught him sneaking all the leftovers out of the cafeteria. I asked him what he was doing and he got defensive saying that his kids were hungry (he was an idiot and never shopped so his wife and kids had actually been without food for a day and a half), and that he had no problem taking food that some manager was just going to "write off." I told him that I'd paid for it, that it was my food, and that if he tried taking it he wouldn't make it to the lobby. It was probably my ugliest encounter at work.

Anyway, I was somehow just about the only person who ever really complained about him. That all ended when we got a new site manager who was a very strict non-drinker. In an effort to get to know everyone, he took all the managers and team leads out to a nice restaurant. He got held up and showed up late. This guy showed up and, as he always did, decided to start drinking and ordering appetizers knowing that the manager was footing the bill. This place was known for their gigantic specialty drinks. He went with the one that had a flaming volcano in the middle. It was basically a huge zombie. The menu recommended sharing it between at least two people. They also had a couple really expensive appetizers, stuff like lobster dip, crab claws, etc. By the time the manager got there, he was on his third drink and third appetizer, and was already very hammered. He'd also already run up a $90-100 bill. That was before his surf & turf dinner ($50), expensive bottle of wine ($40-50) and dessert ($20 jumbo chocolate cheesecake, most expensive on the menu, recommended for 3-4 people, so perfect for taking home to his kids). He wasn't around much longer after that.

Reaction score
And again another insistence for a punch in the face. Seems like there's one in every workplace. And I ask why adults need to act like this?

Reaction score
The whole driving with a cell phone in your lap thing...there’s not enough law enforcement anywhere to enforce the law. Where’s Dredd when you need him. Robocop maybe?

Reaction score
Being screwed out of a long weekend due to work scheduling... I've been fuming about this since I found out this morning, considering there's a new guy they should've gotten to work on ****ing Saturday.

The thing that gets me the most is that I'm confident that the reason I'm working on Saturday is because I do my job well, and that the new guy must have done something to shake the bosses' confidence in him and that's why I was scheduled to work on Saturday.

I need a new job where this sort of thing does not happen.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Being screwed out of a long weekend due to work scheduling... I've been fuming about this since I found out this morning, considering there's a new guy they should've gotten to work on ****ing Saturday.

The thing that gets me the most is that I'm confident that the reason I'm working on Saturday is because I do my job well, and that the new guy must have done something to shake the bosses' confidence in him and that's why I was scheduled to work on Saturday.

I need a new job where this sort of thing does not happen.

I think this is just the way things are now. I've had jobs where, if someone demonstrates their incompetence, they're pretty much allowed to get away with doing nothing. Meanwhile, the competent workers have to pickup the slack. My wife goes through that at her job pretty much every day. She's responsible, reliable, and good at her job so she gets endless tasks assigned to her while other people have one job and can barely manage that most of the time.

Reaction score
Over-sharers. I'll admit I'm a bit guilty of this myself, but at the same time it feels as though I'm a magnet for extreme over-sharers. The bulk of them are women which presents another problem on its own ("Tell me again why this woman you'd never met before was telling you about her troubles with her husband?" -- My Wife). None of my friends can relate when I tell them about it, so I have no idea how I bring this out in people. To give you an example, though, my daughter's one team had a cookout this afternoon. I wasn't hungry and the core group of parents aren't the nicest folks so I sat away from everyone under a tree in the shade and started checking my email. This mom I'd never met came up, mentioned how the core group isn't all that welcoming to new parents then asked if she could sit near me. I said sure and in under three minutes I'd found out about why her first marriage ended, the problems she's dealing with in her current marriage, and how her two foster daughters (both on the team) had been abused and sold by their biological father who just hung himself in prison a couple weeks ago. We (meaning she) talked for almost an hour, so you can imagine how messy the rest of the iceberg was. She never did tell me her name.

A friend of mine questioned why I let her keep talking when the things she was telling me were a lot more than I needed to know, but I literally get this all the time so it no longer really strikes me as abnormal. Annoying, but not really abnormal. I had a coworker one night tell me all about her four failed marriages and subsequent relationship problems (it was a long, long night). The first time I met my daughter's one friend's mom, within five minutes she'd told me the girls entire medical history and all sorts of related and really inappropriate (I thought) information. I had the soccer coach a couple years ago tell me all the nasty, firsthand information about the real reasons the 8th grade teacher and principal resigned. And just last week another mom told me a long, rambling, wild tale about her current divorce and custody battle that topped all the rest (well, except the mom at the cookout).

I really have no idea what causes them to open up like this, especially because, once they get rolling, I tend to just zone out, nod and give the occasional "uh-huh." Kind of like when I'm talking to the wife. Which could explain it.

Reaction score
And it's people like that,who when you do the favor for are good with it. But when it's their turn or when time to pay back the owed debt are no where to be found. This is why I hate the human race. Kind of makes me angry with this type that purposely take advantage of people's kindness. Just want to punch them in the face repeatly. It's not the adult way to handle the situation but neither are they.

This is exactly why I never depend on anyone; most people out there are *****h@#@s. Screw them.

Last edited: