Things that drive you nuts?

Reaction score
I couldn’t and wouldn’t let that one go. I’d have stood up and told the crowd the truth. Okay, maybe I wouldn’t have, but if there’s a reason to ruin your career it would be over that. 😖

Reaction score
My one coworker who pointed me toward the magazine and got me writing the letters to the editor knew all about it, but I didn't tell anyone else. He'd always point to the letter in my cube and joke about it. I changed things up enough in my article that it wasn't so easy putting two and two together, but anyone who couldn't tell the letters were from me had to be pretty dense. That said, no managers ever figured it out.

Reaction score
Having to clean house on vacation. I always thought vacation was for fun stuff. At least I'm planned to sort out some ball cards during off time. Like 10,000 of them.

Reaction score
Someone "disliked" me and I don't have any idea what upset them. Could they clarify? if I don't agree with some one, I will not address it, no dislikes from me. I let it go. everyone has their days...

Reaction score
Someone "disliked" me and I don't have any idea what upset them. Could they clarify? if I don't agree with some one, I will not address it, no dislikes from me. I let it go. everyone has their days...
A few years ago, I had an old friend respond to something I'd posted on FB with a profanity-laced tirade, calling me, among other things, "elitist trash," a "scum-sucking fascist," and a bunch of other stuff that would be blocked by the censors. He then unfriended and blocked me. At the time when someone did that, you couldn't delete their post, so this huge, long manifesto of hate (it was so long, he had to cut it into three replies in order to post it all) was left on my page for a couple years (when I saw I could delete posts by blocked people, I went back and got rid of it). The thing is, it was all a misunderstanding due to the fact that I used 7th-11th grade vocabulary in my post, and the guy was an idiot. Not only had I not said anything offensive, but it didn't even remotely touch on the topics he thought it did.

That's a big part of why I don't like social media, texting or other forms of electronic communication. You can miss a lot of the meaning. I tend to be sarcastic and, self-deprecating, and a lot of what I say is tongue-in-cheek, or I don't take it as seriously as the other person. These are things that come across fairly clearly in person, but not when typed out. I've lost a couple genuine friends over the past two years because of similar misunderstandings.

Reaction score
For every few “likes” I get, I also notch a dislike. It’s usually two or three steps forward, but then one back. I guess people hit “like” and then later decide they didn’t want to give you one after all! 😬

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! I'm not on Facebook or any of the other mass media sites, I use a landline to call people unless I travel(like at Cele.) I'm old fashioned. Yes, typing out messages is way different than a real human being or voice.

Reaction score
One of the friends who decided to cut ties told me beforehand that he hated texting because he knew he was misunderstanding some of what I was saying. I told him to just call instead. He chose to keep texting, which led to him getting more upset with me and finally deciding to end our friendship. The crazy thing is that, right until the very end, based on his texts I had no idea he was getting that upset, so it was cutting both ways.

Reaction score
One of the friends who decided to cut ties told me beforehand that he hated texting because he knew he was misunderstanding some of what I was saying. I told him to just call instead. He chose to keep texting, which led to him getting more upset with me and finally deciding to end our friendship. The crazy thing is that, right until the very end, based on his texts I had no idea he was getting that upset, so it was cutting both ways.

Probably was for the best then, by the sounds of it.

Reaction score
Here's one that, at this point, amuses me more than anything. I dug out last year's Christmas cards this morning to start preparing for this year's. The first envelope on the top was from my wife's aunt and uncle who only address their card to her. Not me, not the kids, just her. It's been like this since day one. They're the ones who, when we were dating, nobody would believe any of the stuff I said they were doing. After the wedding shower, my family finally realized I'd been holding back. They're the ones who, for the first year or ten, would include newspaper clippings in every card they sent to my wife. These would be ads for divorce lawyers, or stories about families driving away a spouse, either through intimidation, violence, harassment or annoyance (they'd write recipes or notes on the other side so they could claim they weren't threats). They're the ones who, when their son was married, invited one of my wife's old boyfriends but not me. They're the ones who returned our gifts to us and stopped inviting us over for Christmas, saying they don't live in the poor house so we shouldn't treat them like they do with our gifts (they were nice gifts, in the $20-30 range), but then, right after my father-in-law died and they made their one attempt to get back in our good graces, literally got our kids' belated Christmas gifts (as in five months late) from the gumball machine in the hospital gift shop. Like I said, their behavior amuses me at this point, so I'll leave out the bad stuff they've done to keep from being something other than amused.

Reaction score
Poor Roman, that's terrible! I have endured similar incidents. example, My older sister passed away. her daughter calls and tells me, we are in Wiscosin, they are in W.Va. I say, we will be there for the funeral, she says, Oh, don't worry, you have your kids. we went anyway. we arrive the next day.(500 miles) with the kids( they are not babies) we are not expected! we are not included in the seating order or vehicle order to the cemetery. I am enraged! I say nothing. for the service, I sit alone in the back of the chapel on a setee that's in the middle of the back aisle. The funeral director see's this and asks what was wrong, I tell her, she directs me to a seat by my sister. ( in the order of family members seating)I had no idea there was one for me! but, no one spoke to me afterwards from my older sisters family, they did not want me and my family there! They are still silent after 30 years.

Reaction score
Thank you Oofa ,after all this time, maybe... they might get a Christmas card, Will I be opening myself up to hurt? maybe they matured a bit after all these years, sometimes you have to take a chance. "what are the odds?"

Reaction score
Poor Roman, that's terrible! I have endured similar incidents.
That's awful about your sister. We've had to put up with stuff like that. The aunt & uncle situation is complicated by the fact that my wife tries to defend them, saying they're not as awful as I think they are. For example, she said I overreacted to the ex-boyfriend at the wedding, and that the only reason they invited him was because they always liked him. That's when I remind her how they helped her parents get the restraining order against him (for the record, although he was at the wedding he was too drunk to make it to the reception an hour later). When she really gets on her soapbox about them, I'll mention a couple of the really bad things they did, and that settles things down for a few months.

Reaction score
All seems well, for the fan- Star Wars shop owner in Aberdeen, he had many supporters there with him to stem the tide of the dark side!

For the above quote, and it was me who "disliked" your post.

As someone who lives in close by, and is transgender, I don't take kindly to folks like that shop owner, punching down on trans people. Why he'd put that sign out front? Just to be an a**hole and it's as simple as that. As a SW fan and toy collector, it's sad to see some in this community think it's okay to take a dump on others. Well, it's the Harbor so I guess I shouldn't be so surprised.

If that makes me the "darkside", then I don't know what else to tell you. Shocking we do exist in spaces like rebelscum, and collect star wars toys (who knew! sarcasm).

I'll just keep my business with Gabi and Ryan in Olympia. At least these two shop owners are appreciative and incredibly welcoming to everyone in their community.

Last edited:
Reaction score
PNWAwing, I saw the video concerning that confrontation, no, the sign shouldn't have been put up in public at all. but I didn't agree with the yelling match that followed. The person who was offended should have just said, "hey, that sign isn't nice! esp. in a public place, I don't appreciate it" and then left. There's too much "hate" going on in society right now, the whole act almost seemed planned! not real. The shop is nice and full of somewhat over priced goodies, but if I was the shop owner, I would never do what he did, No, you are not the dark side PNWA, but the person yelling and threatening was(so was the shop owner). let's have class , respect and dignity now.

Reaction score
PNWAwing, I saw the video concerning that confrontation, no, the sign shouldn't have been put up in public at all. but I didn't agree with the yelling match that followed. The person who was offended should have just said, "hey, that sign isn't nice! esp. in a public place, I don't appreciate it" and then left. There's too much "hate" going on in society right now, the whole act almost seemed planned! not real. The shop is nice and full of somewhat over priced goodies, but if I was the shop owner, I would never do what he did, No, you are not the dark side PNWA, but the person yelling and threatening was(so was the shop owner). let's have class , respect and dignity now.

I saw the very same video. Several times (and yes, it's difficult to watch).

The difference is, the council person at least had the guts to walk into the guy's business and tell him off. Did she go overboard? Yeah, a bit.
Would I have done it? Nope. But, I've made sure to never spend my hard-earned money in there ever, and make sure that my friends, family, local fans, and community knew what type of person the store owner was. Must be a sad existence to hate on people passive-aggressively. This guy had no other reason to put up that hateful sign, other than to hurt people. And for what?

I used to think the SW community was the picked-on Gen-X kids of yesteryear, that grew into adults and gathered in places like this to love the things they had as kids. It's sad to see the bullies still out there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
PNWA, yes, there's too much hate going around now a days. we all need to get along, if one does not agree with another, they need to be quiet, but treat the people or person they don't agree with like a fellow human being and with respect as due. The shop owner may get a little less patronage due to this episode. I may not agree with some things going on in society today, but I'm not going to treat those persons any different from the next human being. I would greet them warmly to my business.

Reaction score
The shop owner has a right to put up the sign.

Sure, even if the message is intended as hateful. He has every right to be a jerk. Don't worry though, he went to Vietnam to have the right to crap on transpeople. Make sure to get that "Imma vet!" schtick in there. I'm a veteran also, whoopity-freaking-doo. His quote below:

“I don’t give a **** about feelings anymore,” he added. "I'm 70 ******* 8. I went to Vietnam to fight for all this ****. Do you think I care about some a******'s feelings? Absolutely not!”

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's not intended as hateful. It's just a matter of fact. And the transperson had the right to walk out and not support the business.

What purpose did the sign serve? Why do you think he put it out there? To be welcoming to everyone in Aberdeen and Grays Harbor County?

Sure, the transwoman could have walked out; her actions are her own.

Reaction score
Why don't you go there and ask the guy?

What purpose would it serve? His intent was VERY clear. He also welcomed all the supporters, I mean, Freedom-loving-Patriots™ who showed up to support him (The AR-15 Trump flag and Straight Pride t-shirt Camo lady was a nice touch). And for the record, this isn't the first sign he's put out front that has caused controversy.

I've already said that my way of protesting is to not spend one dime in his store and to make sure everyone I know who loves SW, steers clear of this guy. I also patronize others stores in the area that are inclusive of everyone.

Sucher's an angry, old man. Shame to live the last years of life that way.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had to google this, because I had no idea what everyone was on about.

this seems like a guy who just loves to ruffle people's feathers, and then watch (gleefully) for any reaction to his efforts -- basically a troll.

I think it was a mistake for this woman to engage him. he was loving every minute of it.

Reaction score
I have a couple of fairly extreme anti-gay/anti-trans friends. I believe their hatred comes from misinformation. They both spout similar arguments to justify why they hate them. Neither of them actually know or interact with any gay/trans people, but they'll tell you what motivates them and what their agendas are. They've also both told their kids that they'll disown them or worse if they ever come out. I've given up on trying to temper their hatred. I just try to avoid them and the topic as much as I can because I really don't have time for other people's hatred anymore.

Reaction score
Neither of them actually know or interact with any gay/trans people, but they'll tell you what motivates them and what their agendas are.

People only change through experience. That's very sad to hear that your friends harbor such an extreme stance.

A very close friend of mine was a foster parent to a transboy who's parents disowned him and kicked him out of the house at 14 years old. I can't imagine being such horrible human being as to abandon your own child. Said friend has since adopted him; he's a neat kid and has a wonderful, bright future ahead of him.

Reaction score
Rebelscum users who only exist to criticize other Rebelscum users. Trolls and ********, in other words. Actually, this post belongs not in the “things that drive me nuts” thread but rather the “things that make me want to **** the **** out of some people” thread. Do we have one of those?

Reaction score
Yesterday for my birthday, we went to the beach, on the way we passed through Aberdeen and The Star Wars Shop, it was closed and boarded up! my husband tried to contact the owner because he wanted to get something for me, but to no avail, he's not there! I hope he's ok and the shop will re open. Yes, we got to the beach and it was blowing from the west, lots of coastal damage to the beach, lots of logs, beautiful clear water and it was warm to the touch!

Reaction score
we passed through Aberdeen and The Star Wars Shop, it was closed and boarded up!

Ezb9lfIWEAA0BPe.jpg

Reaction score
Viper, thanks for the "thanks"! evben though the weather was brisk and windy, I expected it to be so, I went "shopping' on the beach, looking for shells, rocks and maybe a nice piece of wood. I did'nt find a lot, but just being there and seeing the clear blue water was a gift!
As for the Star Wars Shop, we usually try to stop by and look around, I tell the owner about Cele. and other cons he could think about attending, he's never really been to one! I hope that everyone who was in the dispute that day can try to resume living and functioning without offending.

Reaction score
I've been playing in a co-ed softball league this Fall. I only got to play in 2 games before spraining my ankle in the 3rd game. I play the outfield, and during the game our team was coming off the field to hit. I was jogging into the dugout and stepped right into a small hole on the grass. Out of the whole outfield area, and that's where I step. 🤦‍♂️

I guess the only good thing that came out of this was I wasn't running for a ball, because if I stepped in the hole while running I would bet my ankle would have been broken. This happened the 19th, I needed crutches the next morning. Within the last day or so I seem to be walking better, but trying to put some weight on it and going up/down stairs are still giving me issues. It was a bit black and blue and its still swollen a bit. I'm thinking about sitting out the rest of the schedule because this league goes until mid-November so I don't want to push it. Sucks too because I was batting .1000! I'm still wearing the boot to stabilize it.

Not only that, when I fell, I heard a 'pop' or tear or something, so I instantly thought the worst. I found out later when I fell, somehow my cleat tore off. Granted these cleats are 7-8 years old, I never saw that happen. I was thinking of getting new cleats anyway, this wasn't how I wanted to go about it lol.

248647540_420948089393692_7814185969053019637_n.jpg 245379390_589186315735529_6607665097149912670_n.jpg

Reaction score
Ketchup packets nowadays. They have so little ketchup in there that there's barely enough for about 4 fries. I've noticed the change in the last couple of years, but more so recently. Doesn't matter which place we go to, the packets seem like 1/4 full compared to before. I'm sure it has to do with cost and all that, but then they give you 3 or 4 packets for an order that has (at least in our case) three orders of fries. *sigh*

Reaction score
Ketchup packets nowadays. They have so little ketchup in there that there's barely enough for about 4 fries. I've noticed the change in the last couple of years, but more so recently. Doesn't matter which place we go to, the packets seem like 1/4 full compared to before. I'm sure it has to do with cost and all that, but then they give you 3 or 4 packets for an order that has (at least in our case) three orders of fries. *sigh*

Like snacks/chips in a bag ... about 1/3 full, rest is air.

Reaction score
Like snacks on a plane.. one mouth full of nuts or chips! I haven't been on a plane a while, but Southwest gives you(or gave you) tons of snacks during the flight! As for the ketchup, maybe you should bring your own, in a little squirt bottle. very sad situation.