Things that drive you nuts?

Reaction score
Here’s something else I really don’t like around here—“Unlikes.”

A user will like someone’s post, but whenever the poster says something controversial or contrary, the user will go back and “unlike” all that poster’s stuff. Why? What does one post have to do with another? It’s a sensitive and vindictive crew around here sometimes…
I think it's more of a punishment for the user to go around disliking or removing likes all over the forum. Jokes on them because who really cares about likes and dislikes. I barely pay attention to them other than to give a like myself when I feel like it.

Reaction score
It could be a matter of control over people, even when they don't violate the rules of the forum. When I make comments on the virus restrictions people hate me for it and give "dislikes'. I just read about Reeds upcoming restrictions at their conventions and made a comment on how stressful the whole thing would be with these restrictions in place, how it would take away from the fans and celebrities enjoyment of the event. I guess these things have to be in place for "safety sake", but maybe it would be best to just cancel the event again (weep) . How many "dislikes" will I get from stating the truth?

HeatherDurazzo

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm a religious person. I believe in God, I go to church, and I've never back stabbed anyone. As an example, I've been part of this site since 2003, never had a sale or a transaction I did not complete, never sold an item it wasn't as described, I'm upfront and tell it like I see it that much everyone knows. On the other hand, I've been cheated out of figures, sent messed up statues, an attacked for having an individual opinion by non-religious people. And yet, I don't think whether someone is religious or not has anything to do with their way of interacting with others, and I believe there is more good than bad in this world if we stop dividing and categorizing each other by ethnicity, gender preference, political affiliation and religious beliefs. But apparently being a Christian makes me not trustworthy in the eyes of some people. I guess is O.K to put down someone with religious beliefs in these forums. I am, as a religious/biological female, who works in the field of saving lives as a nurse, offended by the comment on post #746. That's all.
Definitely not ok to put anyone down for religious reasons at all, please use the report tool if you ever have an interaction like that.

Reaction score
No, it is not good to put down people based on religion. I hope I did not give that impression when I made an earlier comment. I was just relating an incident that happened to me in college that was pretty outstanding considering the place and culture of it. I hope people have not taken my description of the incident wrong. the incident affected me profoundly, that's why I mentioned it.

Reaction score
I think those who hide behind religion are more to blame than those who actually take it seriously, some feel that just because they were born into a religious household but don't even practice it gives them the right to preach that they are. Meanwhile they're the ones actively badmouthing or taking advantage of people thereby giving their fellow practicing Christians etc. a bad name.

I got home with a gallon once, opened it up, and it was cottage cheese. It was horrible. The expiration date was still good. The customer service person at the store accused me of tampering with it. I wasn't happy. The manager basically agreed with her but said they'd replace it anyway. While taking it back to the stock boy, he dropped it. I have to admit, I was pleased with that outcome.
Sounds to me like it got left outside the cooler all day to spoil and then was finally returned just before closing, it just so happened that you bought that particular container. This is why I always pull from as far back as I can reach where it's the coldest. Having been a part of retail for so long I've seen all kinds of issues to now knowingly avoid.

I once got home with a loaf of bread that was completely moldy, I returned it the next say with receipt in hand and fortunately the associate I dealt with was not like the above. I mean exactly how do you tamper with milk, or speed up the process of molding? lol

Most stuff I don't pay attention to exp. dates as they're not really valid on shelf life items, but when it comes to refrigerated/fresh products any number of things can affect it.

I think it's more of a punishment for the user to go around disliking or removing likes all over the forum. Jokes on them because who really cares about likes and dislikes. I barely pay attention to them other than to give a like myself when I feel like it.
Yeah, it's like you'll show them. But really you're just punishing yourself by expelling the energy/time to take back all those likes. Whatever happened to "let bygones will be bygones" ? Of all the years I've been friends with people and disagreed over various subjects we're still friends and communicate, we simply agree that we have different viewpoints on certain subject and let it be. It doesn't stop us from enjoying other stuff/topics together, for whatever reason we've reached a mentality that some people can't accept an opposite viewpoint from theirs and must do everything to stamp it out.

Reaction score
MF, you are so right about todays mentality and tolerance of other's opinions, When I "criticized" virus protocols on the other forum, I was critisized and unliked due to my opinions, but it's my nature to question a lot of things and that right there is not tolerated anymore, you must accept everything the authorities say without question, or you are very bad! I will continue to question things, that's how people learn. others need to ask. "What if?" I feel very sorry for overly "serious" persons.

Reaction score
Well, that's how you sway public opinion your way, you scare one half into forcing the other half to comply. it's worked countless times in the course of our History yet no one ever learns. What's worse is when you question it with actual backed up data they do all they can to discredit the sources. I guess the ultimate goal is simply to tire everyone out into just giving up and letting it all happen.

Reaction score
What’s driving me nuts: The local Stop and Shop has been renovating for the past month. Everything is being rearranged and moved around on temporary racks. I still don’t know where the black beans went.

It’s more like an escape room and less like a grocery store.

Reaction score
I once got home with a loaf of bread that was completely moldy, I returned it the next say with receipt in hand and fortunately the associate I dealt with was not like the above. I mean exactly how do you tamper with milk, or speed up the process of molding? lol
We had that happen recently, although in our case, we got home, put the bread in the freezer, went to use it several days later, and when it unthawed, it was green. It was a curbside pickup order from Walmart so we only had to ask for a refund in the app.

What’s driving me nuts: The local Stop and Shop has been renovating for the past month. Everything is being rearranged and moved around on temporary racks. I still don’t know where the black beans went.

It’s more like an escape room and less like a grocery store.
That happened to us years ago. One of the local mega-stores renovated three times in under a year. The first time was due to how old everything was. I don't know why they did it the second time, but the third time (about a month after the second one finished) was to align them with the corporate layout. It was awful, especially because it was the only local store with groceries on the right and everything else on the left. It was impossible to find anything that year.

Reaction score
Roman, maybe they found petrified bread, worse than Mt. Vesuvius brand bread and curdled rotten milk in the walls! ugh. Here is something tasty, years ago when we made sack lunches for our kids for school, I used some Deviled Ham for a sandwich, opened the can, started to spoon some out and saw rat hair and bones in the food! I was thoroughly disgusted! I called the company the next day and reported it. we have not bought the product in years!

Reaction score
I used to know a lady who would bring dog hair with her to restaurants to get a free meal. They had a little terrier so the hairs looked close enough to rat hairs. She was such a horrible person. She always had multiple scams running. The worst was when she totaled her car but had no car insurance. She did have homeowner's insurance. Several weeks later, when her garage burned down, the car was covered and she got a new one. I spent nearly a year trying to report her but they couldn't prove anything definitively and she never got in trouble.

Reaction score
Good grief! that woman was mentally ill and evil! what ever became of her? Is she still floating around? Here is an evil story from that school I went to years ago, this is true. I was staying in the dorms over summer. suddenly, there was a rash of food thefts in the floors communal kitchen down the hall. people would buy food put it in the fridge and hours later, the food was gone and wrappers left in the trash! My friend and I planned a scheme to find out who was doing it- safely. we bought some pot pies, pop and pudding mix, we made the pudding, adding a "laxative" (this was years ago no pills) went put rocks in the pie box pans(after eating the pies) and baking soda to the pop. we put them in the fridge and waited...
you won't believe this! the culprit went in, tried to take the food, found out the pies were fake( we put a note inside that said,"sucker",) took the whole bottle of pop and pudding. The next day, we heard that a certain student was having the runs and stomach ache, we also found out who it was! a professors kid! we reported along with other victims and the student had to move out! but... she had been breaking into rooms, stealing money , clothes etc. we did not get in trouble.

Reaction score
I haven't seen her in years, but I know she's still kicking. She was awful enough when I knew her, so I'm guessing she's no better. She subsided on government assistance, unemployment, disability, and proceeds from settling frivolous lawsuits. She knew the waiting period for various programs, so she'd take advantage of them until they ran out, then pay her bills or do whatever the programs covered until she qualified again, quit paying and wait until the government stepped in. She'd work long enough for mandatory unemployment to kick in, get herself fired, then collect until it ran out, or hold a job long enough for disability insurance to kick in and fake an injury or some other condition. In the meantime, she would file lawsuit after lawsuit, mostly over discrimination or trumped up sexual assault/harrassment claims, seeking just enough that paying her a couple grand to go away was worth more than fighting it. I never found out how she got approved for disability all the time, but her brother and an ex-husband were lawyers, so the lawsuits were no issue.

Her kids were real pieces of work as well. Two became scam artists like her. One of the two also got into robbery, dealing drugs, and worse crimes. The one is still a scam artist, preying on old ladies and old boyfriends. I think the other one is dead. He avoided prison for years because he was a minor (started his hardcore criminal career at 11 or 12), and he always had a couple guys over 18 with him, so he could plead that they were corrupting a minor. His age caught up with him, though, and he did some hard time. I thought I'd read that he didn't last long after he got out. A third kid is a tattoo artist, or at least she was a few years ago. I think she cut ties over her mother's and siblings' behavior. The fourth is a police officer. He left town so he wouldn't have to arrest her. That family put the fun in dysfunctional.

Reaction score
I haven't seen her in years, but I know she's still kicking. She was awful enough when I knew her, so I'm guessing she's no better. She subsided on government assistance, unemployment, disability, and proceeds from settling frivolous lawsuits. She knew the waiting period for various programs, so she'd take advantage of them until they ran out, then pay her bills or do whatever the programs covered until she qualified again, quit paying and wait until the government stepped in. She'd work long enough for mandatory unemployment to kick in, get herself fired, then collect until it ran out, or hold a job long enough for disability insurance to kick in and fake an injury or some other condition. In the meantime, she would file lawsuit after lawsuit, mostly over discrimination or trumped up sexual assault/harrassment claims, seeking just enough that paying her a couple grand to go away was worth more than fighting it. I never found out how she got approved for disability all the time, but her brother and an ex-husband were lawyers, so the lawsuits were no issue.

Her kids were real pieces of work as well. Two became scam artists like her. One of the two also got into robbery, dealing drugs, and worse crimes. The one is still a scam artist, preying on old ladies and old boyfriends. I think the other one is dead. He avoided prison for years because he was a minor (started his hardcore criminal career at 11 or 12), and he always had a couple guys over 18 with him, so he could plead that they were corrupting a minor. His age caught up with him, though, and he did some hard time. I thought I'd read that he didn't last long after he got out. A third kid is a tattoo artist, or at least she was a few years ago. I think she cut ties over her mother's and siblings' behavior. The fourth is a police officer. He left town so he wouldn't have to arrest her. That family put the fun in dysfunctional.

Sickening, but not at all surprising.

This woman & her family sound a lot like real-life versions of Frank Gallagher & most of his family, as featured on the hit TV series Shameless.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've never seen Shameless, but when I friend told me about it, I thought of this family. She was a friend of my wife. We were thrilled when we realized we hadn't heard from her in months. That night she tried breaking into our house in a drunken stupor, half-dressed was one of those things we decided not to include in our annual Christmas letter to the family. And that was far from our worst experience with them.

Reaction score
Is this deranged person a nearby neighbor? I would be nauseated to live by them! I sure looked at that student t college differently after she was found out! yes, her crimes made me nauseous, I wonder if she felt that was about herself after being caught! your culprit needs to be committed to a facility.

Reaction score
She lived close enough to walk to our house, but far enough away that we didn't have to see her daily. She somehow managed to never get charged with anything worse than misdemeanors. The only time I can think of that she even had to spend more than a few hours in jail other than her alcohol-related offenses was the time her and one of her sons had a knock-down, drag-out fight. They both ended up at our house. First he showed up all bloody with a story about her being drunk and starting it all. We got him to call the police, but he ran out before they arrived, then she showed up, also a bloody mess, with a story about the son starting it. She left before the police could get back. The son came back, he called the cops again, she showed back up, the police got there, yelling ensued, she made incriminating statements and ended up with a few nights in the city jail.

Maybe not the worst but the scariest was when the youngest showed up with a friend, ostensibly looking for his mother. He tried stealing out of my wife's purse then somehow ended up on our living room floor with a busted lip. A neighbor showed up right then and the two ran off. I found out later that he'd been armed at the time, and that he, the friend and several others from their crowd had gang-raped a girl the day before and he was one the run from the police, hence the purse-stealing. While it wasn't the last time he'd commit that offense, that's not what landed him in prison. Drugs, robberies, car theft, assaults and a few other lesser crimes led to the prison sentence. I did talk to a someone else last night who knew the family. They think he's dead as well, but they thought he was stabbed in prison. Whatever the case, they also heard that the mother never claimed his body, although she did claim the insurance. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but if so, it's not surprising.

Reaction score
This is a “drives me nuts/ appreciation.”
I really appreciate the Star Wars community and how there is an understood courtesy week after new content comes out before people start sharing spoilers. And if they do, they are always clearly marked and say “Don’t scroll past here, warning spoilers!” The Marvel community on the other hand… I would see Loki/ TFATWS spoilers in the afternoon the same day after a new episode came out. Drove me crazy!

Reaction score
My whole family is sick right now, even the dog. It's not COVID, but it's nasty. We all got tested together (not the dog), so we know we're negative. What really sucks is that I work remote, so I'm the only one who doesn't get time off as a result. I could call in, but I don't want to break my nearly 10-year streak of no sick days.

Reaction score
Poor Roman! stay hydrated(dog too!) gargle with salt, water if applicable, get fresh air! watch the OT on a regular basis until well!(dog too) Hope you all get well soon, am very glad it's not the "virus", probably some one will think so and give you the "evil eye" cause they are scared.

Reaction score
Everyone's a little better today. I wouldn't have the 10-year streak if not for the "no sick time" bonus we get each year. It's not much, but it's a reason to not call in.

Reaction score
When you're selling a few items on eBay, and the listings have been active for SEVEN days, and with less than an hour left you start getting flooded with messages asking questions and/or for more photos :cautious:

Reaction score
When you're selling a few items on eBay, and the listings have been active for SEVEN days, and with less than an hour left you start getting flooded with messages asking questions and/or for more photos :cautious:
Time to block some bidders then send them the information they want and then wait for the fun. Why did you block me from bidding? Reply: I have no idea what in the heck your talking about? Block Bidders? I don't know how to even do that. Must be a problem on the ebay site etc etc... Haa-Haa Loads of fun. 🤖

Last edited:
Reaction score
There's a lady I know who I haven't seen in a while. I ran into her earlier this week. She's a few years older than me and I always look forward to seeing her because she's just a genuinely nice person. Nothing remarkable, just friendly, asks me about my kids, how my day has been, etc. Turns out she was in the hospital for nearly six weeks with COVID. About half the time was in the ICU, with several days on a ventilator, although she doesn't remember that because she was in a coma for a week or so. She's going through therapy and can now walk more than 20 feet at a time without stopping to catch her breath. They're hoping her lungs will eventually get back to 75% capacity.

She's a nurse and extremely cautious, did everything she should have done, but was likely just around it too much. She's pretty sure she's the one who gave it to her two sisters and best friend. I knew all three, although not as well as her. They didn't come home from the hospital.

Reaction score
I have made a very serious decision, If the strict virus mandates are still in place 1 month before Cele. next year, I will not go. I cannot have fun with all those restrictions and seeing others suffer too. these things are not "natural" to encourage "fun". I know others have said, "go with the flow" concerning the restrictions, but I can't. I will cry many tears if it comes to that situation. I will watched from the outside and see what happens.

Reaction score
Do what you think is right.

In other news I normally would not complain about getting things earlier than expected.

But at this point I have enough pre orders out there that are really out in limbo. Fair enough with everything going on.

I was expecting some things in Summer & others next year, but then they come in when it’s not expected, often at the same time, so I’m finding I need to adjust the (hobby/ Leisure) budget (not main budget)

not a real problem just hate missing out on the good deals because they dropped at an inconvenient time.

Reaction score
My whole family is sick right now, even the dog. It's not COVID, but it's nasty. We all got tested together (not the dog), so we know we're negative. What really sucks is that I work remote, so I'm the only one who doesn't get time off as a result. I could call in, but I don't want to break my nearly 10-year streak of no sick days.
I'm late to this party, but I hope you are getting well paid for your sick time and it's not out of some misplaced loyalty. I don't know who or what you work for, but I know most places... and there is NO loyalty to you so I say 'take those frickin' sick days!'

My work just went to an "Unlimited" time off policy. I looked into it and supposedly the psychology is that people actually take less time off with this policy because there's no, 'I have X number of days left'. I went and analyzed each day I took off for the last couple years before this policy and know exactly how much time I'm taking... which will be exactly what I took before and they can't say a word about it. May sound a bit bratty, but time is all we have man. I work to live, not the other way around.

Reaction score
I'm late to this party, but I hope you are getting well paid for your sick time and it's not out of some misplaced loyalty. I don't know who or what you work for, but I know most places... and there is NO loyalty to you so I say 'take those frickin' sick days!'

My work just went to an "Unlimited" time off policy. I looked into it and supposedly the psychology is that people actually take less time off with this policy because there's no, 'I have X number of days left'. I went and analyzed each day I took off for the last couple years before this policy and know exactly how much time I'm taking... which will be exactly what I took before and they can't say a word about it. May sound a bit bratty, but time is all we have man. I work to live, not the other way around.
They did away with the sick time bonus last year so I don't get anything for not taking them, but I don't like the idea of breaking my streak, especially considering how much some of my coworkers take. We don't get the bonus, but my direct manager and one above that both take notice of how often people call in.

We have a similar time off policy. Most of us make sure we still hit our previous amounts. One suck-up...I mean "coworker" makes a point of taking almost no time off now. He points to other teams and managers who chose to interpret the "no set time off" to "no time off." He thinks it somehow makes him stand out, but it actually has the opposite effect because our organization pushes to have people take their time off. In his case, he's really just hurting himself.

Reaction score
They did away with the sick time bonus last year so I don't get anything for not taking them, but I don't like the idea of breaking my streak, especially considering how much some of my coworkers take. We don't get the bonus, but my direct manager and one above that both take notice of how often people call in.

We have a similar time off policy. Most of us make sure we still hit our previous amounts. One suck-up...I mean "coworker" makes a point of taking almost no time off now. He points to other teams and managers who chose to interpret the "no set time off" to "no time off." He thinks it somehow makes him stand out, but it actually has the opposite effect because our organization pushes to have people take their time off. In his case, he's really just hurting himself.
Again.... I don't know you but I don't care if everyone in the company is there 365 days a year, I'm going to be gone for a certain amount of time and my work will be done. I'm always a conscientious worker so there is literally nothing anyone can say about it, and if they would I'd simply point to the policy and the fact that they should probably get better workers because I'm getting as much or more done in less time.

Reaction score
One of my biggest regrets about my old job, (Lots a vacation time/know how to use it to get the most out of it.) But since I worked at a client site, who always gave my cr@p whenever I took off I didn't use the time off like I should have. It wasn't until the job was (almost) ending that I realised 1 day off a month will do wonders for moral & work/family balance.

If you got the time use it or you really do lose it.

Reaction score
I take plenty of vacation and holiday time. I just don't call in sick. There are others on my team who completely abuse it. Three had each taken three weeks of sick time by the end of March or early April this year. The sick time gets more attention than the vacation time, so on top of taking a bit of pride in the fact that I haven't called off sick in almost a decade, it gets me positive attention. I might not get called out for it specifically during a review, but I'm also one of the few on the team who doesn't get called out for excessive sick time.

Reaction score
Too many zombie shows on TV! there are scarier things than constant zombies, example- The Crawling Eye and The Tingler! those gave me nightmares.

Reaction score
I've really been enjoying the new "The Wonder Years." It's funny, touching, well-written and has a wonderful cast. I watched the latest episode this morning and thought it was great. I replied to a Facebook comment, agreeing with someone who'd said they really liked it. Within minutes, I got a text from an old friend who was disgusted with my comment. He gave me a long list of reasons why he hates this show he hasn't seen and won't watch. I finally told him nothing he said was accurate and that the only reason he doesn't like it is because they're black. He was outraged that I'd call him a racist and, while explaining how he's not a bigot, made about a dozen statements about various groups that, if I were to make them at work, would get me immediately thrown into a diversity training class, and half a dozen more that would get me fired. He's the fourth person I know who has attacked me for saying I like the show.