Things that drive you nuts?

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this. After hearing nightmarish stories of people have re: carpools, I decided years ago never to get involved in one. My car is a piece of #@$%, so I wouldn't want to drive anyone else around in this on a regular basis, anyway - LOL.
Our last/current carpool turned out great. Then again, the parents work really odd hours and I told them to plan on me driving 100% of the time unless I ask them to in advance. They felt bad about it for a while because I seldom ask them to drive, but they finally realized that when I do ask, I really need it and appreciate, and that I don't mind at all the rest of the time.

Reaction score
people who go to the store in their pajamas and slippers... i get wanting to stay comfortable but seriously... change into clothes, get what you need and when you are home in your house put your pjs back on
I've seen this, and think it's funny. Typically it's @ Wal-mart. Especially amusing was when I saw a young woman wearing pajamas & bunny slippers while shopping - hilarious.

Nothing against people who shop @ Wally World, since I'm one of them. I do really like their grocery section, and now that TRU is gone they're one of the few brick & mortar stores that still carry SW toys.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sites with ridiculously complex password requirements, especially when they don't spell them out in advance. I just had to reset a password for work. All it said was that the password security policy had changed and that my new password had to be compliant. Every time I put in a password, I got an error which told me a little bit of the new policy. "Sorry, your password doesn't meet the requirements. You need at least one capital letter." This went on an on until I finally had a long enough password with at least three each of capital, lowercase, numerical and special characters. I still failed, though, because it wasn't a passphrase. How it determined that, I don't know, especially because my last one was a random string of compliant characters. I finally came up with "Ir3@llyH@T3w0rK1nGH3r3" (I really hate working here).

Another one that really drives me nuts are people who blame their own bad habits on their upbringing, how their parents behaved or how their friend or someone else behaves. I'm not talking about things like racists who say it's just how they were raised or anything to that level, but people with bad or bizarre day-to-day habits. The one who really sticks out is this mom we used to be friends with. She had some horrendous parenting habits. If you ever questioned them or even just looked askance at her when she'd do these loony things, she'd say, "Well, that's what __________ does," where the person in question is one of several of these atrocious women she'd hang around with who were some of the worst parents I've ever met. One was literally sentenced to take a parenting class a la Homer Simpson ("Put...trash...in...trash can. Hmmm, makes sense!"), yet Beth somehow aspired to be more like this Homer-esque troll. It was mind-blowing.

Reaction score
People that invite others to weddings when they haven't seen/talked to the people in years and/or aren't close friends to begin with. Adding insult to injury, when this occurs in cases where the person being invited lives half-way across the country from where the wedding will take place. So, I never knew you that well in the first place & aren't friends with you, haven't seen you for years, and you expect me to shell out a lot of $ for an expensive plane ticket, hotel, etc. to go to a wedding for people I barely know/remember, and on top of that get a f#%#%# wedding gift?! Yeah, right.

In all of these cases, I know that the people inviting others are doing it so that the guests (who almost certainly won't attend the wedding) will feel obligated to buy & send a wedding gift. No thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've seen this, and think it's funny. Typically it's @ Wal-mart. Especially amusing was when I saw a young woman wearing pajamas & bunny slippers while shopping - hilarious.

Nothing against people who shop @ Wally World, since I'm one of them. I do really like their grocery section, and now that TRU is gone they're one of the few brick & mortar stores that still carry SW toys.
I've seen it first hand from working there on 3rd shift. Years ago had a customer wearing an adult oneses asking for a cabbage patch doll that looked like her. Sadly she had same hair cut and also same pajamas as the doll. Strange but true.

Reaction score
Also things that bug me. Drafting a fantasy sports team then first week of season having several players get hurt. Last year had a player miss 6 weeks for tripping off the bus. Yikes! It's like a curse for me.

Reaction score
I've seen it first hand from working there on 3rd shift. Years ago had a customer wearing an adult oneses asking for a cabbage patch doll that looked like her. Sadly she had same hair cut and also same pajamas as the doll. Strange but true.
That's weird but hilarious. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
First of all let me say I'm an animal lover. We've had dogs before as pets and I believe they are great companions for the family and the children. That said, it drives me nuts going into a supermarket and seeing all these people bringing dogs inside and putting some of them in the shopping carts people use to put their groceries and/or small children in. This is also happening now at some restaurants with outside tables here in Miami. People are even using the restaurant chairs to sit their dogs at the table. I've seen the dogs licking their private parts and licking the table the food goes on. Totally unsanitary, and I have no idea what idiot thought it was ok to allow for animals in restaurants and supermarkets.

Reaction score
Morons, there are just so many of them now. Texting on their phone instead of driving, which if you wanna off yourself cool but don't take me and others along with you. These same people either go 20 MPH under the speed limit or tail you the whole time, take your pick.

Also, people that ride my *** when I have a turn signal on well before turning...because they didn't know I wanted to turn and also ride me. Note most of these deal with drivers LOL.

Lastly, the young idiots that now think working 8-3 with an hour lunch and sitting around talking about video games most of the day is putting in a day of hard work.

Reaction score
First of all let me say I'm an animal lover. We've had dogs before as pets and I believe they are great companions for the family and the children. That said, it drives me nuts going into a supermarket and seeing all these people bringing dogs inside and putting some of them in the shopping carts people use to put their groceries and/or small children in. This is also happening now at some restaurants with outside tables here in Miami.....Totally unsanitary, and I have no idea what idiot thought it was ok to allow for animals in restaurants and supermarkets.
I don't have any pets - but don't mind certain dogs & cats. However, they're not entitled to sit at the table & be treated as humans. I'm OK with dogs accompanying humans to places like this AS LONG AS they're service dogs & the people need them for assistance, but they still should be required to sit on the floor.

Reaction score
One of the reasons my relationships with women never last that long is because while I may like them, the more I get involved I realize that I typically can't stand their &#$#%#% families - LOL.
I have 4 kids that will behave and we demand it in public and when we are at other people's houses. At home, they're kids, so they're not perfect but we make sure they are nearly perfect when we are out. It is about teaching them manners, politeness, and how to act in different situations.

I. Don't. Like. Other. People's. Kids.

We have friends with kids that are rude, have no social abilities especially with adults (I expect a kid can answer and talk to an adult if talked to), have no respect for their own stuff let alone anyone else's, and are just generally loud and obnoxious. Recently we had some friends over from out of town and they totally trashed our house while the parents said very little to them. Throwing toys down the stairs, throwing food on the floor, slamming doors, breaking a bed, and literally forcing me to threaten them when their parents weren't looking.

That is unfortunately not out of the norm from what I see... love my kids to the ends of the Earth, but other kids can jump off it.

Reaction score
^^ I hate other people's kids too. but that's only because my kid turned out perfect. I don;'t know how or why. and I'm not just saying that because I'm her dad. (if anything, I've spoiled her rotten, which probably isn't a good thing -- I was the proverbial 'stay home dad' who enabled my wife to have a successful career before 'feminism' was a thing -- my daughter was my constant companion). she grew up strong and confident, without taking it out on other people (which makes her quite popular -- she doesn't need to put others down, in order to just prop herself up -- most people think 'strong and confident' means 'being a *****'). she works with young children in a professional setting; she's a drummer in a metal band; a singer/guitar-player in a rock band; she's got an IMDb page with half-dozen acting credits (including, but not limited to, the title-role of a cheesy low-budget B-grade horror film! woot!) -- this kid saved up all her pennies since age 2 and used it to buy a brand new car when she turned 16 (paid cash). :wtf:

^^ I just figure, if I can do it, anyone can. FFS. :rolleyes: (everyone ELSE's kid is a freaking barbarian) :rolleyes: they're Everywhere! and Yes! that **** drives me NUTS! :p LOL

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't have any pets - but don't mind certain dogs & cats. However, they're not entitled to sit at the table & be treated as humans. I'm OK with dogs accompanying humans to places like this AS LONG AS they're service dogs & the people need them for assistance, but they still should be required to sit on the floor.
I hear you but, that's not what they are doing here in Miami. These are regular people, and these are not service dogs I'm referring to. If a person suffers from some sort of impediment and a dog is required to help them out, I can understand bringing the animal along with them because of their special needs. My wife works with the public as a front coordinator, and she's been told by management, no matter where people put their dogs not to say anything. So she watches many people walk inside the establishment on a daily basis with dogs of all sizes, sometimes even without a leash, and they go up and down the isles while the animals are sniffing around fruits and vegetables, licking their parts and/or scratching themselves. As I said before they put them inside the shopping carts in the area designed for kids to sit as well. Last week someone brought in a pig on a leash as well, walking up and down the store while yapping on their phone. Those folks in the Florida, Georgia , Tennessee, Alabama, Virginia, North and South Carolina areas know of Publix Supermarkets, which is where this is going on. I should also mention, she's been told by management if she sees anyone stealing anything from the store not to say anything, to just let them go. None of this makes sense to me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As I said before they put them inside the shopping carts in the area designed for kids to sit as well. Last week someone brought in a pig on a leash as well, walking up and down the store while yapping on their phone. Those folks in the Florida, Georgia , Tennessee, Alabama, Virginia, North and South Carolina areas know of Publix Supermarkets, which is where this is going on.
A pig on a leash?! Wow - that's really messed-up. I agree these animals shouldn't be around food items - sickening. I don't live in any of those states, so don't know if I've ever been in a Publix. I suspect this extreme tolerance of pets is probably because the management is afraid of losing business, and if they asked the owners with the pets to leave - the owners would get upset & probably wouldn't go back to the store. What entitled jerks. Some of these people treat their pets better than they treat their fellow humans.

Note that every area is different: I have never seen anything other than service dogs in grocery stores - in my part of the country. In fact, I was in a public building a while back & a security guard was giving a young woman w/a small dog a hard time, and told her she had to leave the building with the dog. She argued with him, and ended up getting a ticket & fined for her trouble.

I should also mention, she's been told by management if she sees anyone stealing anything from the store not to say anything, to just let them go. None of this makes sense to me.
The not calling people out for stealing is probably a safety/liability issue - i.e., management probably doesn't want staff to put themselves or others in danger, etc. However, at the least management should be made aware if people steal so they can be banned from the store. In fact, most of the grocery stores I've been to have LE/security guards, and I have seen people arrested for stealing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
ah. the pretentious "pot bellied pig" fad. is that still a thing? years ago, we had neighbors who moved in with a pot bellied pig, roughly the size of a golden retriever. they chose their house because of it's proximity to a public park. every few hours (at least 6 times per day in the heat of the summer) they made a "Grand Show" out of walking their pig down to the public pond, to revel in the attention they were getting, and let it 'cool off' on the muddy banks. before long the entire area was covered in hoof-prints and pig-****. being a brand new area, there were still many homes under construction -- one of the home builders, fearing for their 'bottom line', complained to the city and they invoked a long-forgotten "livestock" bylaw, which prevents city residents from harboring "livestock" within the city limits. the pig owners were livid, insisting that their animal was NOT "livestock", and it deserved the same protections as dogs & cats. they cried "discrimination", but it fell on deaf ears. in the end, they were forced to sell their home and move to a farm in the country. where they all lived happily ever after. the end.

(oddly enough it never really bothered me :p but it definitely drove the neighborhood nuts. LOL :p everyone had an opinion).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Interesting. I'm a city boy, and have always lived in or near a big city (or in nearby suburbs, growing up). And, I always thought that unless you live on a farm and/or have an incredible amount of land - if you live in city limits then it was illegal to have any kind of livestock in your home/on the premises of your home (i.e. horses, cows, pigs, chickens, etc.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
yeah that's what I mean. it's just common sense.
they've never really dusted that law off in a long time, to actually cite it against anybody,
because nobody would ever keep livestock in the 'burbs. LOL

and technically this thing wasn't livestock, they bought it at a pet store.
it was just a potbellied pig on a leash, not a farm animal.

apparently some people keep them as pets? (although I thought that fad was over).
but the local residents wouldn't have it, so they stretched the definition of "livestock" and ran the owners out of town. ROFL

it looked a little something like this (not my photo).

Last edited:
Reaction score
One of the current local "crises" is people who bought pot-bellied pigs/teacup pigs/mini-pigs, didn't realize they actually grow and have since dumped them at local shelters. A rescue society was started up several years ago and they now have something like 40-50 full-sized pigs that need homes. I'd offer up my grill but I don't think that's the kind of help they're looking for.

As far as other animals go, emotional support animals are apparently a big thing around here. The impression of the general public (and, frankly, from what I've observed, they're right) is that this is just a way for people to be able to take their pets with them wherever they go. There's someplace my dad goes regularly where someone brings in their two emotional support ferrets. It drives him nuts. They're on leashes but they tend to get loose pretty often which prompts their owner to announce, "Careful, they bite!" The only emotional support animal I've seen that bothered me was the person who brought their ES Labrador into the grocery store. This dog was not well-behaved. It jumped up on everyone it passed, knocked stuff off the shelves, etc. Someone called the manager on the guy and he threw a fit and produced a paper saying the dog was a licensed emotional support animal. The paper looked pretty sketchy but they let him stay.

Something that bugs me is people who ask you to support their kids' fundraisers but never return the favor. My wife has this one friend we've known for about twenty years. Her kids are in both Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts, plus they have fundraisers for their schools and their sports teams. My wife has supported every single one of their fundraisers. I have no idea why because she's not terribly close to this lady and she throws fits if I buy more than one box of cookies from each of our nieces, but that's neither here nor there. Every year, though, for the last two decades, my wife has bought cookies, popcorn, pizzas, coupon books, raffle tickets, magazine subscriptions, mulch, poinsettias, Christmas wreaths and various other things. The only kids' fundraisers we spend more on are ours, and that's just barely. Up until about a month ago, my wife has never asked her to support any of our fundraisers. However, each of our younger daughters' Girl Scout troops had special goals they were going for with their cookie sales for activities they've planned for this summer. I got on my wife's back about asking this friend to buy some cookies. She finally did, and after a few weeks of persistent guilt trips, she finally did. She bought a single box. Not from each girl--a single box. Now our oldest has a fundraiser going. I finally talked my wife into asking this friend again. She did and her angry, disgusted response was that she supports her public school system via her property tax and she shouldn't be expected to support our kids' schools. Wow! I told my wife that if she ever bought another thing from this lady, I'd empty her account and cut her off financially. :twisted:

Reaction score
^^ true story: a few years ago, we bought girl guide cookies and everyone in the family got sick from salmonella or something. it was brutal.
I swore I would never eat another "girl guide cookie" as long as I live. it was the worst food poisoning I've ever experienced. the memory will haunt me for life.

so NOW : when those cute little kids come to my door, begging for handouts with offers of 'tainted cookies' .... I buy a fat stack of boxes with a wide friendly smile, and then, when the kids are safely gone from view, I toss them straight in the bin.

(yes! I still "buy" them :p I just don't "eat" them :p LOL)

charity = charity + 1

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's good you still buy them for the scouts. Maybe though instead of tossing them maybe when you see a homeless person give them away. Hopefully cookies are not tainted and person who receives them would be grateful. Just a thought.

Reaction score
Calling a store for an item then after 4 seconds of looking being told" No we don't have them." Like they really know in 4 seconds.

Reaction score
That's good you still buy them for the scouts. Maybe though instead of tossing them maybe when you see a homeless person give them away. Hopefully cookies are not tainted and person who receives them would be grateful. Just a thought.
yes but if I truly believe there is a chance they may be tainted (which I do)
then how can I, in good conscious, give them to another human being? :wtf:

it's most likely a problem with the distribution chain, which means, ANY package could be effected at ANY time
(ie: I suspect the cream filling turned , in the back of some "parent's" car @ 200C -- There's No Telling Where Those Things Have Been!) :p LOL

Last edited:
Reaction score
I understand if food is tainted. I'd never want anyone to be sick. I just hate to good food wasted with so many today in need.

Reaction score
Putting something in my mouth I think is food that turns out not to be food. Don't get me wrong; I don't go around just sticking random things in my mouth hoping they turn out to be food. I'll give an example. I was eating a burrito with black beans earlier. I went past a mirror and saw a bean on my lip. I licked it and started chewing only to find out it was a big piece of lint. Another time I was eating nuts and dropped in my lap. Without looking I picked it up, popped it in my mouth and...it bit me. Turns out I grabbed a big beetle that had landed on me and missed the peanut. Even worse was the similar instance when, instead of a beetle, it was a bee. As painful as it was, at least I'm not allergic.

Reaction score
When you start a collection, and can't finish because the last Item is unavailable.

Reaction score
When you start a collection, and can't finish because the last Item is unavailable.
That actually broke me of the collecting bug. I've been an obsessive collector since I was a teenager. It was getting really bad in my late 20s. I tried to scale back because it was causing so many problems. I couldn't stop collecting cold turkey so I picked a book series I enjoyed and focused on that. I knew it would take a while to get them all because they're a bit obscure and hard to come by, but the individual books weren't too expensive and getting them all wasn't impossible by any means, or so I thought. If nothing else, since only a handful of the books went for over $20, it wouldn't break the bank. I imagined that once I had them all, that would somehow magically break me of my collecting mania. However, after I'd acquired about 3/4 of the books, I found out about one that I'd never heard of before. It was created as part of a really oddball promotion. Only a single copy was made and it went to the winner of the contest. An avid fan, he vowed to never part with it. Realizing that I could never complete my collection sent me into a deep depression for several weeks (seriously). I woke up one morning with that horrible feeling of ennui one gets while in a fit of depression and something in my head said, "Hey, idiot, this is all over some stupid book." That actually broke me out of my depression and cured my obsessive collecting.

Something else that drives me nuts is when a friend has absolutely no interest in or respect for your interests. I have a friend who talks incessantly about his kids, his grandkids, his volunteer work at the animal shelter and his volunteer work for some horse rescue organization. I like hearing about his kids and grandkids. I'm not too thrilled about hearing the same dog and horse stories over and over and over (it's literally the same 3-4 stories from each place, just the animals' names change). Still, being a good friend, I listen and feign interest. He can't be bothered to extend the same courtesy to me. Other than talking about my kids, he won't listen to a thing I say. He'll roll his eyes, cut me off, claim that I already told him when I'm talking about something that happened earlier the same day, etc. Drives me nuts.

Reaction score
I went to a pro baseball game yesterday. the amount of people sitting around me looking at the phones the entire game. taking selfies of themselves (or the lady in front of me taking pictures of her feet)

if you pay good money to go to a game, why not watch the game.

btw, when i say the entire game, i dont mean in between innings or something, i mean for the entire game, it never left their hand

Last edited:
Reaction score
Blasting bass. Seriously, if your speakers are making MY car vibrate, you're an obnoxious ****.

Reaction score
I went to a pro baseball game yesterday. the amount of people sitting around me looking at the phones the entire game. taking selfies of themselves (or the lady in front of me taking pictures of her feet)

if you pay good money to go to a game, why not watch the game.

btw, when i say the entire game, i dont mean in between innings or something, i mean for the entire game, it never left their hand
Ha, I posted something along these lines on Facebook the other night. First game of the season for me and the guy next to me was literally on his phone the entire game. I don't think he saw a single pitch. Even worse is that he was a bit large and had his phone resting on his belly, which meant he had to have his elbows sticking out either side. After a couple innings of it, I started acting as though I was checking my phone. Each time I'd look at it I'd stick my elbows out in a like manner and elbow him, hoping he'd get a clue. He never did. The only person who got annoyed was his wife because every time I bumped his elbow, it caused him to elbow her. Later on in the game when they tried to do the kiss cam (whichever couples they put up on the scoreboard are expected to kiss), half the people missed the fact that they were up on the screen because they were looking at their phones. :rolleyes:

Coz

Reaction score
When I'm on an on-ramp to the freeway, trying to get up to 65 to merge but the car in front of me is doing 45.

Reaction score
Ha, I posted something along these lines on Facebook the other night. First game of the season for me and the guy next to me was literally on his phone the entire game. I don't think he saw a single pitch. Even worse is that he was a bit large and had his phone resting on his belly, which meant he had to have his elbows sticking out either side. After a couple innings of it, I started acting as though I was checking my phone. Each time I'd look at it I'd stick my elbows out in a like manner and elbow him, hoping he'd get a clue. He never did. The only person who got annoyed was his wife because every time I bumped his elbow, it caused him to elbow her. Later on in the game when they tried to do the kiss cam (whichever couples they put up on the scoreboard are expected to kiss), half the people missed the fact that they were up on the screen because they were looking at their phones. :rolleyes:
the lady in front of me was taking pictures of herself, and then she took pictures of her feet on top of the seat in front of her. i heard her speaking loudly about someone never being at the stadium before and how she has been there many times. it was loud enough to distract many people

however, the most irritating i ever got at a game was in 2004 when red sox tickets were really hard to get, and typically you had to pay scalper tickets. i was at a game in a lousy seat, with a support beam in front of me. it was the best seat i could get (obstructed view)

i look over to the next section and a woman with nicer seats is knitting, not watching the game at all. here i am struggling to see anything. my wife and i joked about it for a long time. we would say, i am going to knit during this or that

Last edited:
Reaction score
the lady in front of me was taking pictures of herself, and then she took pictures of her feet on top of the seat in front of her. i heard her speaking loudly about someone never being at the stadium before and how she has been there many times. it was loud enough to distract many people

however, the most irritating i ever got at a game was in 2004 when red sox tickets were really hard to get, and typically you had to pay scalper tickets. i was at a game in a lousy seat, with a support beam in front of me. it was the best seat i could get (obstructed view)

i look over to the next section and a woman with nicer seats is knitting, not watching the game at all. here i am struggling to see anything. my wife and i joked about it for a long time. we would say, i am going to knit during this or that
I hate people like that. I love watching baseball. Especially the Red Sox. And to be lucky enough to get a seat at Fenway just to knit. Or spend more time looking at phone than game. People like that kill me. Why even go? At times like that wish a player would foul a ball past them just to scare the heck out of them so they'd pay attention to the game instead.

Reaction score
People that have something old ,that think it's worth a ton of money. Even though it's really worn or damaged,but hey it's old.Antiques are one thing,but old garbage is just old garbage. People quit basing your prices on highest eBay listing you can find. It's a pipe dream. Find a better quote for your price. Sorry to rant but tired of these inflated prices on some listings I've seen lately. And not just on eBay either.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It doesn't drive me nuts, but it bemuses me when people clap at the end of a movie. I guess it's nice to express yourself, but the people who made the movie aren't going to hear you like the actors and directors at a live theater performance, or musicians at a concert, or athletes at a sporting event, etc.