Things that drive you nuts?

Reaction score
I see people shopping every day not wearing a mask . A face shield and not even a scarf. Just like it's ok to walk around to casual shop in a department store as normal. Despite any state or local mandates. Yes some ideas that have been proposed in this country are stupid. (Ex. Drinking clorax) but to defy an state safety mandate just for the sake of some freedom of expression is stupid. This affects everybody. And because some person can't be bothered to wear one just shows the lack of respect for themselves as well as others. It apalls me greatly. Sure it's not comfortable at times,but who is asking them to go out shopping to begin with. They made the choice. So since they did wear the covering. I can't go shopping naked. Or drive a car without a seat belt on. Or yell fire in a mall. So what's the difference? And I made this thread for members to vent about stupid human behavior. Not to attack each other about it. But to vent about normal day to day behavior of people that shows some of us have evolved not as much as we get credit for. Not politics, not arguments between members either. If members have a disagreement simply pm each other. Leave it out of the public forum. I've done it in the past to voice my displeasure with someone. Just pm'ed them and after a few messages, blocked them. Easier at better way to do it. So let's have a happier thread about stupid human behavior we witness on a daily basis.

Reaction score
re: drinking chlorax:

one of the local distilleries stopped producing tequila and started making hand sanitizer instead. (which actually smells a LOT like tequila, it's uncanny).

according to Forbes, you CAN actually USE tequila AS a disinfectant, and it works just fine for killing germs.

>> for those who think you could actually get some benefit from drinking disinfectant.... (no names).....

.....it stands to reason that you could actually get the SAME effect by just drinking the damn tequila.

because:science.

*shrug*

Tequila can be used as a disinfectant and cleaning agent.

Similar to your typical rubbing alcohol, tequila kills germs. In general, alcohol is best used as a disinfectant when it’s concentration is between 50% and 80%. The higher the proof, the better it will disinfect.

Founder and CEO, Terray Glasman of Amorada Tequila uses the agave-based spirit for nearly everything she needs to sanitize.

“I use it for my hair brushes, make-up brushes and to sanitize my hands,” said Glasman. “I also use it to clean things like copper, jewlelry and mold in the house.”

Even cleaning services advocate using tequila as a cleaning solution.

“In my house, if I have a leftover tequila from a party I often use it for cleaning the mess in the bathroom,” said Alberto Navarrete, the General Manager of Emily's Maids. “If you have built up dirt or gooey things in your bathroom, tequila degrades it all leaving your place clean. Just soak it in some tequila in a cloth or a microfiber cloth and rub it on the dirty area.”
so there you have it.

if your mind is set , on "drinking disinfectant".... (if that **** makes a whole lot of sense to you)....

...try Don Julio.

(because:science)

:p

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here is the problem with the world, everyone has fallen under the influence of the Dark Side of the Force! The Sith have overcome everyone.

Reaction score
Here is a strange thing, has anyone found a shortage at the stores of- citrus, canned dog food, baby powder, Clorox wipes(any recovery of this?) fresh vegetables? oh, the most famous! toilet paper? maybe people should start "virus victory gardens!" also, due to everyone becoming more "cleanly" in habits, has anyone noticed any outbreaks of colds, regular flu or other sicknesses due to unsanitary habits?

Reaction score
Yes there has been a lot of shortages for certain foods mostly because it was a terrible year for growing. No where near as bad as when this all started but enough that if you pay close attention less fruits & vegetables get put out at the store, & they are less likely to get rid of the old stuff.

When this whole thing started I thought about investing in gardening companies as there is really no reason to not do a garden if that’s something you enjoy.

It’s still to early to figure out how bad the flu season will be but hopefully these clean habits make it less than other years.

Reaction score
Baby gates and stairs. So took vacation this week for dog to get fixed. Since then, dog fixed then she lost a tooth and bled all over new stuffed toy. Then wife crashed into gate, broke new gate and pinned dog under it. She's sore with back and dog ok. Then later same day, I tried to go over last stair and gate ... bad idea. Ended up crashing into wall with back and shoulder and bumped back of head in process. At least dog was smart and moved away from gate . And still does when we're around gates now. Besides that great vacation..... Never again, safer at work. Yikes.

Reaction score
When the Roku remote quits working and I have to reset it! It takes ages to follow the like 12 steps to get it working. Grrr...

Reaction score
I’ve always tried to avoid talking about Star Wars with my family. Some of them live and breathe by their Star Wars opinions, and it’s never caused anything but problems within the family. However, I’m currently at odds, philosophically speaking, with the ones I’ve traditionally agreed with, and who were generally not the worst about Star Wars, but are now the ones who won’t stop talking about it and won’t back down. They’re also the ones making the absolute worst comments about how Jawas are treated in society, to the point that it literally makes me ill at times, and lose sleep at others. As a Jedi, I can’t back a Sith. I also don’t and can’t hate Jawas, or even Tusken Raiders, just because of what they are. Is anyone else suffering from Star Wars fatigue?

Reaction score
Yeah, it’s being totally politicized.

But that’s okay, as all humanity’s best myths try to show different sides of how people interact (even in rough ways). I watched Arnold’s Conan the other day, and the whole time was thinking “wow, this would never get made today,” but I like how it shows the bad with the good! It’s an honest look!

Reaction score
I work with the least funny man on the planet. When Covid first broke out, every punchline was "Covid!". Not even some witty observation or clever joke. Just the word "covid", often completely out of context. He found out a coworker hates coldplay and now, literally every joke is "I bet coldplay covers this!" or "I bet she'd do a concert with Coldplay!" and then he sits there in the awkward silence that follows like a fart in an elevator with this ****-eating grin on his face.

Reaction score
Uh-Oh Roman, sounds like those friends and family have reality problems! I love all the Star Wars characters too, even the bad ones, but to "politicize' them is silly! Same for Conan(Arnold style!) I do not see anything wrong with these "macho movies" as some may call them, they are fiction, make believe and fun! some persons need to make a reality check and decide to "have fun" watching these movies-TV shows because that's what they are made for- enjoyment- not political debate, these victims are to be pitied.

Reaction score
I’ve always tried to avoid talking about Star Wars with my family. Some of them live and breathe by their Star Wars opinions, and it’s never caused anything but problems within the family. However, I’m currently at odds, philosophically speaking, with the ones I’ve traditionally agreed with, and who were generally not the worst about Star Wars, but are now the ones who won’t stop talking about it and won’t back down. They’re also the ones making the absolute worst comments about how Jawas are treated in society, to the point that it literally makes me ill at times, and lose sleep at others. As a Jedi, I can’t back a Sith. I also don’t and can’t hate Jawas, or even Tusken Raiders, just because of what they are. Is anyone else suffering from Star Wars fatigue?
I have friends who I met BECAUSE of Star Wars who I refuse to talk with about Star Wars. The constant negativity and apparent need to crap all over every single thing that gets released is just SO tiring. And it's not like saying "Eh, I wasn't a fan." It's pretty much ranting and raving and basically insulting anyone who enjoyed it as being mentally inferior. Effing obnoxious.

Reaction score
I dont talk to many people about Star Wars even though most of my friends and family know that I like it. I really enjoy the six Lucas films and most everything to do with them. I mostly discuss the newer Star Wars creations -Mandalorian, Clone Wars etc. People bother me when their opinions come from internet videos and social media. (The Phantom Menace is the worst-now its good-Hayden Christensen sucks. Wait!! He was great! etc.)

Reaction score
I dont talk to many people about Star Wars even though most of my friends and family know that I like it. I really enjoy the six Lucas films and most everything to do with them. I mostly discuss the newer Star Wars creations -Mandalorian, Clone Wars etc. People bother me when their opinions come from internet videos and social media. (The Phantom Menace is the worst-now its good-Hayden Christensen sucks. Wait!! He was great! etc.)
Yeah, my opinions have remained the same. LOVE the OT, Clone Wars and Mando, enjoyed TFA , thought Solo and Rebels were fun, not a big fan of Rogue One, hated TLJ, TROS and the prequels. But like...these people need YOU to hate the stuff they hated and won't stop until you admit their opinions are right.

Reaction score
sounds like propaganda on their part! You can do a couple things about obnoxious "fan", change the subject or mention some very obscure Star Wars info that only true fans of the whole genre know about! They may go, "huh"? or it may shut them up! I will not change my opinion or mind about Star Wars either, I'm old fashioned, I'm from The Beginning, long ago and not too far away.

Reaction score
For the record, I wasn't talking about Star Wars, but didn't want my post deleted. :D

Reaction score
Ahhh, I think I know what you meant! , my sister and brother-in-law are the same way! I try to change the subject to avoid confrontations.

Reaction score
I've become an expert listener. I'm in the middle when it comes to my family--meaning ideologically and because they're all putting me in the middle of their spats this year, so I've learned to just let them talk and not really object to too much of what they say. It's interesting how differently conversations go with them when I just listen and don't interject much. Not that I was a bad listener before, but it's helped with some of them overall. Some of them aren't doing so well in that respect and are choosing to assume, which never turns out well. Just because I don't voice support for Vader doesn't mean I'm supporting Palpatine.

Reaction score
Now, non-stop rain! everything is gooshy again! hope for snow after the new year! and.... It's hard sometimes to be still and listen to certain people when they are talking against or badly about something you love. you just want to " lash out", but as you said. Roman, you must bite your tongue, Ouch!

Reaction score
Don't wish for snow just yet, thanks to Covid, kids don't have "snow" days anymore, its just an all virtual day.Where you don't have help shoveling all that dam snow.

Reaction score
Don't wish for snow just yet, thanks to Covid, kids don't have "snow" days anymore, its just an all virtual day.Where you don't have help shoveling all that dam snow.
I don't know whether this is going to be applied with any sense or regularity, at least at my kids' schools. Our grade school and high school have both had days off this year due to "environmental" events. One was a broken water main, the other due to the "completely transparent" high school having to be sanitized for unknown reasons that absolutely had nothing to do with COVID, or the mysterious, multi-day "absence" of half the members of two of the sports teams. The water main broke near the end of the school day so they knew the school would be closed the following day and they could have just sent all the laptops home. The cleaning was scheduled a couple days in advance, so that was a remote day that also could have been scheduled. After this, both schools stated that remote classes on calamity days would be evaluated on a case by case basis.

Reaction score
Snow is good for the sinuses, cleans them out along with the cold , kids need fresh air and snowy weather provides that, and it's a nice distraction from the problems at hand.

Reaction score
Snow is good for the sinuses, cleans them out along with the cold , kids need fresh air and snowy weather provides that, and it's a nice distraction from the problems at hand.
I'm pretty sure cold weather is bad for sinuses.

Reaction score
It clears mine right up! But, it doesn't look like we'll get any snow until the turn of the year, it's coming later and later! sometimes, no snow-at all. then the bugs come in the spring and summer! As you know, some snow is good if you are setting up an "Empire Strikes Back" Hoth scene with your action figures and vehicles!

Reaction score
The absolutely, amazing amount of virus infections erupting in this country! you'd think the Spanish flu was at it again! I didn't know the testing results came back that quick!

Reaction score
The absolutely, amazing amount of virus infections erupting in this country! you'd think the Spanish flu was at it again! I didn't know the testing results came back that quick!
Depending on where you go, around us they're taking anywhere from 1-7 days. I have a friend who lives elsewhere (somewhere even harder hit than we are) who thinks his test from nearly two weeks ago were lost.

That said, I know a lot of people whose kids have gotten/are sick who won't get them tested and won't quarantine. With over a quarter million Americans dead (including a close friend's parents last night), they still don't think it's a big deal. The stupidity is astounding. Naturally, they ones I know are blaming everyone but themselves when they miss out on things.

Reaction score
Whew! those parents with sick kids are bad! if the children are sick, a good parent, if possible, would take them to a Dr. even if it's not the virus! I'm very sorry about your friends parents, how sad! but those results are still taking too long. since it's a respiratory disease, why not have people exhale into a device to see if infection is evident. The authorities need to report the people who have recovered, that may give others some hope when times seem hopeless. my condolences to your friend!

Reaction score
I am sick & tired of hearing people whine/complain about wearing masks & saying that the pandemic is a hoax, etc. - especially almost a year after COVID-19 hit most parts of the world. What will it take to convince you that this is a real virus & that people are getting sick & dying from this?! You people are a lot of the reason the virus is still spreading exponentially. Idiots!

Reaction score
masks are a double-edged sword. do they prevent viral infections..? yes. do they cause bacterial infections..? yes.
(especially if they are funky/dirty/used/unwashed/etc)*

Fauci himself co-authored a paper in 2008, where he concluded that -most- of the deaths in the 1918 pandemic were actually caused by bacterial pneumonia; not by the virus itself.

(note: he did NOT blame this bacterial pneumonia specifically on "mask-wearing", as the popular viral memes would suggest... those memes are false... nonetheless his conclusion is sound: most of the deaths in 1918 were actually caused by bacterial pneumonia).

"The postmortem samples we examined from people who died of influenza during 1918–1919 uniformly exhibited severe changes indicative of bacterial pneumonia. Bacteriologic and histopathologic results from published autopsy series clearly and consistently implicated secondary bacterial pneumonia caused by common upper respiratory–tract bacteria in most influenza fatalities.

The majority of deaths in the 1918–1919 influenza pandemic likely resulted directly from secondary bacterial pneumonia caused by common upper respiratory–tract bacteria. Less substantial data from the subsequent 1957 and 1968 pandemics are consistent with these findings. If severe pandemic influenza is largely a problem of viral-bacterial copathogenesis, pandemic planning needs to go beyond addressing the viral cause alone".

and

"Although the cause of influenza was disputed in 1918, there was almost universal agreement among experts that deaths were virtually never caused by the unidentified etiologic agent itself, but resulted directly from severe secondary pneumonia caused by well-known bacterial “pneumopathogens” that colonized the upper respiratory tract (predominantly pneumococci, streptococci, and staphylococci). Without this secondary bacterial pneumonia, experts generally believed that most patients would have recovered"

and

" ...the weight of 90 years of evidence, including the exceptional but largely forgotten work of an earlier generation of pathologists, indicates that the vast majority of pulmonary deaths from pandemic influenza viruses have resulted from poorly understood interactions between the infecting virus and secondary infections due to bacteria that colonize the upper respiratory tract."

and

" If the next pandemic is caused by a human-adapted virus similar to those recognized since 1918, we believe the infection is likely to behave as it has in past pandemics, precipitating severe disease associated with prevalent colonizing bacteria."

(and from table 3)

"Most influenza cases were typical of cases seen today: mild, uncomplicated, and associated with full recovery
[13-17]
 Mortality at all ages was associated with bacterial pneumonia rates, not with influenza attack rates"

-====-

short version: you say people are "getting sick and dying" -- these are 2 separate things.
a mask will decrease your chances of "getting sick" -- but a DIRTY mask, will actually increase your chances of "dying".

* it doesn't take long for your mask to grow bacteria, after all. I always wear a disposable mask in public places and then discard the mask immediately. I never wear the same mask for more than an hour at a time....

...but people who wear a mask as part of their job are actually wearing the same mask all day. most are wearing masks which are not disposable. and laundry soap (while is CAN "kill the virus") it doesn't actually "disinfect" your clothes when you thrown them in the washing machine -- there's always bacteria left over after washing.

--> face masks are "bacteria farms".
(it doesn't take a genius (like Fauci) to figure this out).

--> and most of the people who are experiencing "Severe illness" are actually dying from bacterial pneumonia.
(it actually DID take a genius (like Fauci) to figure this out).

do the math.

masks are a double-edged sword. they CAN prevent the spread of the virus.
but they can ALSO cause "severe illness" (by way of bacterial pneumonia), if you happen to get sick from covid.

that's why Fauci says: " pandemic planning needs to go beyond addressing the viral cause alone".

(meaning: we need to ALSO worry about the cause of "upper respiratory bacteria" -- and the best way to do this is to breathe fresh air, at all times.. stay away from people.. go on a hike.. quarantine yourself.....

.....and when you DO wear your mask (as all of us SHOULD do in public, don't get me wrong) then keep the damn thing CLEAN! throw them out, and replace with a fresh one, as often as humanly possible).

it's not enough to just preach "wear a mask" -- why? because humans take that **** literally; they don't know what they're doing; (they think 'dirty masks' are better than 'no mask at all' -- because:"mask"); most don't even know HOW to properly WEAR one, FFS! and this causes more harm than good.

Last edited:
Reaction score
most don't even know HOW to properly WEAR one, FFS! and this causes more harm than good.
I disagree. I think everyone knows how to properly wear one. The ones I know who refuse to wear them properly are anti-maskers and hoaxers. They intentionally wear them wrong to thumb their nose at reality. They're even worse than the people who won't wear a mask at all.

Reaction score
Complaining about having a unwashed masks is like broadcasting that you don’t wash your underwear.

Reaction score
it's more like, people with unwashed underwear complaining that they have to wear underwear in the first place. :rolleyes:

as I said " I always wear a disposable mask in public places and then discard the mask immediately. I never wear the same mask for more than an hour at a time"

^^ if more people did THIS, then if/when they get sick from covid, they would only experience mild symptoms and recover.

as Fauci proved in his 2008 report, MOST of the people who experienced "extreme illness" (and actually DIED from the 1918 pandemic), were actually just dying from a secondary infection of bacterial pneumonia -- wearing dirty masks can only exasperate the potential for this secondary infection.

he says: "Without this secondary bacterial pneumonia, experts generally believed that most patients would have recovered"

so all those people with their "dirty underwear" are just sealing their own fate, by wearing their filthy masks. (in THAT case, it would actually be better if they wore no mask at all).

wearing a mask CAN slow the spread of the virus.... but it can ALSO increase mortality rates. (by infecting your upper respiratory tract with deadly bacteria and THEN, heaven help you, if you actually get the virus).

end of day? we shouldn't be preaching "wear a mask" to the unwashed masses.. why? because they can't be trusted to "wash their underwear" (as you say). all we're doing here, is driving up the mortality rate.

instead we should preach "change your mask. and change it OFTEN" or these masks will just do more harm than good.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Cobalt, excellent information! now, where ever you live, has anyone heard about a spike in positive virus cases among the homeless? I have not heard anything about virus spread in Seattle's homeless camps, I wonder why? As Cobalt said, dirty masks are as bad as not wearing a mask at all or changing ones dirty underwear., Do the homeless have access to laundering facilities? are cases of spikes checked in those camps? How do "lockdowns" affect homeless persons if they can't "lockdown" in a building? I wonder if anyone has addressed this?

Reaction score
What drives me nuts is Jackholes who post The Mandalorian spoilers (video/photos/ memes) etc. by 9 a.m. on Fridays on social media. It's like wth, give people a chance to see this thing.
Oh, and add to that the people who proclaim, "Well, you should stay off social media until you watch it." No, people should stop posting that crap all over to where one can't even scroll through their feeds without it already being there.

Not everyone can watch it or wants to watch it that second. People have to work, have other responsibilities, etc. to see it even on the same release day.

Reaction score
There are people telling others what to do? who do they think they are? monitors of some sort? I'll avoid seeing previews so I can be surprised the first time I see it. Yes, it's tempting sometimes.

Reaction score
They were doing the same thing with the masked Singer. It was getting really bad at one point where if you missed the live show spoiler would show up in google news.

I think they put their foot down because I have seen a lot less of it this year.

Reaction score
I have a co-worker who had started saying “Thank you, JAY-sus!” every time anything happens. She adopts this televangelist voice to say it in. I hear it like five times per day, on Zooms and in person. I’m actually starting to lose my mind.