Things that drive you nuts?

Reaction score
I’m seeing so much more racism, it’s driving me nuts. If you frequently use the phrases “those people,” or “their kind,” you’re probably a racist. If every conversation quickly turns to your disdain for BLM or anyone who supports it in any way, you’re probably a racist. If you get so upset over the three BLM signs in your neighborhood that you nearly wreck your car, you’re probably a racist. If you get angry with someone for supporting black businesses or just because they reached out to a black friend and posted a positive message to them on Facebook (and, honestly, it was for personal reasons and had nothing to do with BLM, but it wasn’t anyone else’s business), you’re probably a racist. If you trash your “man cave,” throw out all your memorabilia you’re your two favorite teams and stop watching sports because a couple athletes took a knee, wore an armband or said something in an interview, you’re probably a racist. And if you punish your young children for watching a show whose creators, unbeknownst to your kids, made a comment in an interview about supporting BLM, guess what? You’re definitely a racist.
As someone who has visited 7 countries outside the United States and lived in 4 of them for 90 days or more, I can confidently say that America is one of the least racist countries in the history of human civilization. Without the media, outrage peddlers, and race-baiters, there would be virtually no signs of racism in the United States today. Be wary of racist doctrines, like intersectionality and identity politics, and be wary of people who have become millionaires by stoking the fires of racism. Turn off the news, go out there and experience the real world to see for yourself that America is the greatest country in the history of the world.

Reaction score
As someone who has visited 7 countries outside the United States and lived in 4 of them for 90 days or more, I can confidently say that America is one of the least racist countries in the history of human civilization. Without the media, outrage peddlers, and race-baiters, there would be virtually no signs of racism in the United States today. Be wary of racist doctrines, like intersectionality and identity politics, and be wary of people who have become millionaires by stoking the fires of racism. Turn off the news, go out there and experience the real world to see for yourself that America is the greatest country in the history of the world.
As a traveler myself that has been my experience as well.

Reaction score
People who park backwards into a space nowadays. I mean, really? What's the purpose? They're going to get out of the space "faster" when they leave?
Yeah, but they spend like 3 minutes backing in and out of the space they're trying to go into. So their "quick and easy" out is actually longer because their dumb a**es take long getting IN to the space in the first place.

Reaction score
People who park backwards into a space nowadays. I mean, really? What's the purpose? They're going to get out of the space "faster" when they leave?
Yeah, but they spend like 3 minutes backing in and out of the space they're trying to go into. So their "quick and easy" out is actually longer because their dumb a**es take long getting IN to the space in the first place.
I only do it if I get the pull through, that way I NEVER have to back up! NY parking lots house the biggest morons, they will walk behind you even if you are clearly backing up.

Reaction score
I'm one of those far parkers that purposely park way out in the empty areas of a parking lot so I can just pull straight into a spot and then pull forward when I leave without backing up. I do this for 3 reasons. 1) it's easier to park and pull out; 2) I enjoy the extra walking to get a little more exercise in my day; and 3) I don't have to worry about people dinging my doors. There's a reason 4) now with Covid, so that I don't have people close to my car or around me when I get out and return.

The "thing that drives me nuts" are the weirdos that park right next to me even though there are tons of empty spaces all around and spaces that are much closer.

The other thing is when I get in the store I really don't like seeing able bodied people all hunched over the cart moving around the store. I know there are some with legitimate back issues that need to lean on the cart, but I suspect a good portion of them are just lazy and are using poor posture.

Reaction score
The other thing is when I get in the store I really don't like seeing able bodied people all hunched over the cart moving around the store. I know there are some with legitimate back issues that need to lean on the cart, but I suspect a good portion of them are just lazy and are using poor posture.
The people that mosey around, leaning on the shopping carts with both forearms looking like they're about to flip it over drive me nuts too.

I'll add to the store theme, even though its an outdated gripe... When there were heavy restrictions to how many people were allowed in stores at one time, and there'd be lines running around the building: people going to wal-mart for date night. Basically 2-4 people with one person doing the shopping. Obvious exception being a single parent with kids. But the couples in particular, it was like, come on... one of you wait in the car while the other gets the thirty rack of generic Mt Dew. Let's move things along.

Reaction score
... NY parking lots house the biggest morons, they will walk behind you even if you are clearly backing up.
They do the same here. They just feel entitled to do so. Rather moronic behavior until the day someone that's not paying much attention actually runs them over. Where's common sense gone these days?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Things that drive me nuts
Celebraties (that’s it own post) talking politics (again separate rant)

If they need to bash (insert politician here) Don’t awkwardly insert the topic into a conversation that wasn’t about politics, then act smugly when their “joke” wasn’t funny.

I try not to be political, because my life isn’t defined by what I know I can not control but sometimes I see the “jokes” & start to think about the entertainers that made fun of Roosevelt in the wheelchair or thought those Germans were the way of the future. All destroyed footage now 😃.

The people who think it’s a fun laugh to get rid of ( insert politician here) i wonder what kind of life they will have if things don’t go their way.😢

Reaction score
I’m seeing so much more racism, it’s driving me nuts. If you frequently use the phrases “those people,” or “their kind,” you’re probably a racist. If every conversation quickly turns to your disdain for BLM or anyone who supports it in any way, you’re probably a racist. If you get so upset over the three BLM signs in your neighborhood that you nearly wreck your car, you’re probably a racist. If you get angry with someone for supporting black businesses or just because they reached out to a black friend and posted a positive message to them on Facebook (and, honestly, it was for personal reasons and had nothing to do with BLM, but it wasn’t anyone else’s business), you’re probably a racist. If you trash your “man cave,” throw out all your memorabilia you’re your two favorite teams and stop watching sports because a couple athletes took a knee, wore an armband or said something in an interview, you’re probably a racist. And if you punish your young children for watching a show whose creators, unbeknownst to your kids, made a comment in an interview about supporting BLM, guess what? You’re definitely a racist.
Well BLM members and leaders are now celebrating the ambush and attempted murders of 2 police officers even laughing in posted video's. One of the cops even being a young mother.. BLM members even tried to block the ambulance from getting the officers to the Emergency room. This action by BLM is nothing new. BLM members are chanting death to cops while peacefully protesting (Riots to normal people) and have multiple different chants wanting Police officers dead. They have also been attacking and even surrounding people at out door restaraunt's making threats to them if they don't give a BLM Salute or more. BLM members are marching through neighborhoods at night making threats to people( on bull horns) for no other reason than having an American Flag outside there house. BLM leaders are demanding money from Business with threats of more violence if they don't get it. BLM Leaders have stated they are a Marxist movement and anything and everything they are doing is justified. And when poor poor millionaire Sports players start wearing socks on game day with cops as dead pigs on them, they need to be boycotted! There are tons of videos on youtube right now with everything I have stated and much more by BLM members and the leaders. It seems that riots, murders and hatred is all acceptible as some kind of warped abuse of the word Justice. It is not! Racist? You obviously don't know what the word means

Last edited:

Utinniii

Reaction score
The topic is steering dangerously towards politics again so please don't.

It is easy to focus on the worst of a side and project that as being representative of the whole.
Doing so is probably _____-ist (insert appropriate term here).

Reaction score

It is easy to focus on the worst of a side and project that as being representative of the whole.

2 cops shot in the head While peacefully in their car. “It is easy to focus on the worst of a side and project that as being representative of the whole.” ok? What is the good side of this?

Utinniii

Reaction score
2 cops shot in the head While peacefully in their car. “It is easy to focus on the worst of a side and project that as being representative of the whole.” ok? What is the good side of this?
As I said, look at the bigger picture. While that single event is horrible, the good side is that, however terrible that was, it reflects only a tiny percentage of protesting behaviour.

Reaction score
As I said, look at the bigger picture. While that single event is horrible, the good side is that, however terrible that was, it reflects only a tiny percentage of protesting behaviour.
I only posted about this BLM event as it was current and just hours old.. I could easily post so many others that it would look like a War and peace Novel. So this is not a one time event with that organization. Far from it! And this is not the first time cops and citizens have been shot at and killed during these peacefully Protest (Riots for normal people) and my comments were all true. The original post I was responding to in my opinion was one sided, ridiculous and should have been removed. It was nothing more than BS personal opinion that of course didn't mention a single negative BLM event, that we all know go on daily. (See Portland Oregon for a place you never want to go to) And as History has shown over and over almost always those calling people racist are themselves the most racist people of all. As a Moderator you should know a post like the one he made to start this off was going to be responded to and was by myself and others. I thought we were trying to avoid these type of post on the SW message boards all together? If you let one side go and do nothing they will always be responded to. Zero tolerance should be for both sides of the argument, not just one.

Last edited:

Utinniii

Reaction score
I only posted about this BLM event as it was current and just hours old.. I could easily post so many others that it would look like a War and peace Novel. So this is not a one time event with that organization. Far from it! And this is not the first time cops and citizens have been shot at and killed during these peacefully Protest (Riots for normal people) and my comments were all true. The original post I was responding to in my opinion was one sided, ridiculous and should have been removed. It was nothing more than BS personal opinion that of course didn't mention a single negative BLM event, that we all know go on daily. (See Portland Oregon for a place you never want to go to) And as History has shown over and over almost always those calling people racist are themselves the most racist people of all. As a Moderator you should know a post like the one he made to start this off was going to be responded to and was by myself and others. I thought we were trying to avoid these type of post on the SW message boards all together? If you let one side go and do nothing they will always be responded to. Zero tolerance should be for both sides of the argument, not just one.
You saw that I was responding directly to another poster right? It wasn't about you.
You could make a list of bad things, but then the other side would just do the same thing about blacks being killed by cops, unfair arrest practices, jail sentences by race and sooooo many other things. It would never end. A lot of arguments are wrong anyway.

But since you made this about you, I'll address some of the things you said. My answers might apply to you but they are directed at everyone.

I assume you have the maturity level to not be baited. You know the rules. You can't play the zero tolerance rule and not follow it yourself.

It isn't any Moderator's job to read through all the content here. I only respond to what is reported and will only deal with
1] Serious breaches of the TOU
2] Serial offenders
3] whiners that complain about something and then do that exact same thing seconds later.

It is simple. This is a site about toys. Keep your topics relating to that. If you (directed at EVERYONE) want to complain or rant, you have 1000s of other venues to do it. Do it there.

It is pretty obvious to me that there are some people that are very biased and won't be open to reason.

It is a scientific fact that not only will anyone be able to change their minds but they are more likely to double down on their beliefs.
Stop wasting everyone's time by trying to reason with them.

For anyone wanting to talk about politics; DON'T DO IT HERE! (TOU).

I have tried to be reasonable but have had enough. I don't have a problem locking threads that cross the line.
This tread has so you have been warned.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Do you think killing cops is protesting?
We're done here. I have no interest in responding to anything you have to say.

EDIT: Obviously on a personal level. For RS moderator duties I am here.

Last edited:

Utinniii

Reaction score
Safer, not faster. Also newer cars make it easier to do (and some will do it for you).

Reaction score
Things that drive me nuts?

Service workers who come to your house and then ask to borrow your tools? What?
You DON'T have a screwdriver? An L wrench? A ladder? A flashlight?

Honestly, that is always a big sign that MAYBE I shouldn't use them (if they're here for an estimate) or use them again if they are already doing a job.
Come on now, I'm not a technician/roofer/electrician/etc. but I have my own set of tools that should be the BASIC ones they have.

Reaction score
Safer, not faster. Also newer cars make it easier to do (and some will do it for you).
Speaking of.... Lately I have seen several people doing this???? The problem is that the lanes are 1 way only. (Slanted parking) So they are a hazard trying to park & a potentially bigger hazard trying to get out. (Are you expecting a head on crash, when you turn into a one way street/parking lot.)

Can't fix stupid.

Reaction score
Things that drive me nuts?

Service workers who come to your house and then ask to borrow your tools? What?
You DON'T have a screwdriver? An L wrench? A ladder? A flashlight?

Honestly, that is always a big sign that MAYBE I shouldn't use them (if they're here for an estimate) or use them again if they are already doing a job.
Come on now, I'm not a technician/roofer/electrician/etc. but I have my own set of tools that should be the BASIC ones they have.
I had that happen once. The guy needed several things. The first time he asked, I said, "Really?" I honestly thought he was joking. For me, I think it was a level, drill and hammer. I asked what would have happened if I hadn't had my tools. They were backlogged at the time so, according to him, he'd have left mid-repair and I would have been rescheduled, with the earliest appointment being three weeks out. We'd used them several times before over the course of a decade. Never used them again, and I let them know why.

Reaction score
Have you guys ever been approached in a parking lot asking if you want the dent in your car fixed? What's up with that? If I wanted it fixed I'd take it to a shop and get it fixed. I'm not about to pay some loser in a grocery store parking lot to do a crappy job fixing my dent when all I want to do at the moment is get some groceries.

Reaction score
Have you guys ever been approached in a parking lot asking if you want the dent in your car fixed? What's up with that? If I wanted it fixed I'd take it to a shop and get it fixed. I'm not about to pay some loser in a grocery store parking lot to do a crappy job fixing my dent when all I want to do at the moment is get some groceries.
That happened to me when I was younger, guy waved me down while I was driving, gave me the speal about he needed the money, & had the tools in his car. Looking back I must have been crazy to let him do it, but I got my car fixed in the weirdest way possible.

Reaction score
Back to what drives people nuts- virus, protesting everything!, masks wearing, people out of work and suffering, excuses for people not getting their jobs back and businesses reopening-virus, inexcusable killing of all people , politics, hateful behavior that's supposed to be good and correct. arson and fires= California wasteland, a very sad thing.

Reaction score
What happened to Jimmy Kimmel? *removed*

did not know the word I used was a swear word? Is it??? Either way it’s true!

Last edited: