Things that drive you nuts?

Reaction score
tribalism in all forms breeds hatred. it's unavoidable. your undying love for the red sox causes you to hate the yankees; your undying love for the lakers causes you to hate the celtics; your undying love for the 'calgary flames' causes you to hate the 'edmonton oilers'; etc, etc... there's no getting around it... tribalism breeds hate. every time.

this "us and them" mentality will never stop, until we realize the truth of humanity -- there IS no "them" -- we are all one race.

unfortunately, this will never happen. "identity politics" is rooted in creating these divisions, and then fighting for 'equality' on a group-by-group basis; (NOT eliminating divisions, which creates 'equality' on a person-by-person basis LOL). at this point, we've gone too far. every day, these divisions are becoming more and more entrenched. the best we can hope for, at this point, is that the 2 tribes will learn to get along with each other (on a group-by-group basis), DESPITE the natural and unavoidable inclination for these groups to hate each other.

it hasn't happened yet.

see: Steven Spielberg's "why we hate" docu-series -- episode 3: "Tribalism". cheers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My big question is .... If we as a race try to dominant each other for things such as power and greed. And kill others because of color or religion. Don't we as a race realize that we are destroying ourselves as a species? I mean greed in killing everything. So if we kill every other by force. Or destroy where we live in the name of greed. Then exactly where are we going to go? Honestly, we only got one planet so far to live on and honestly we've practically killed this planet. So we are going to find another one to destroy? Only when people realized we need to at least get along in some fashion to survive, we will flourish. Not saying we need to agree on everything, just listen to the fellow person and respect them for who they are.

Reaction score
Since we are very greedy and selfish, we should stop looking for intelligent life( or life) in outer space, If there is intelligent life out there, they already know not to reveal themselves or they would be killed or stashed away somewhere. we are not ready to get in contact with any outside people because we can't get along with each other, the space persons are avoiding us at all costs! Let's try this, you are in a group of people(not Cele.) you are asked if you know where to find so and so,instead of pointing out a person's color or nationality in the crowd, just give their name and show them where they might find that person. I know a lot of people may do this, but maybe it needs to be practiced by everyone, this can help with the "race" matters by not noticing color,but the person themselves. When Star Trek came out in '66, I did not have a favorite character I liked everyone in the show! Same thing with Star Wars, I did take to Stormtroopers and Jawa's , but I love all the characters, good and bad etc. This carries over to a lot of things. except for unruly violent persons who hurt and destroy.

Reaction score
For something a little less controversial, here are a couple auction-related gripes. One is people who don't ship right away after an auction ends. I've had multiple auctions lately where the seller doesn't ship for several days after I've won. I get that things come up, but if you do a lot of business on Ebay or something similar, if I win/buy something on Sunday, you need to be able to ship it by Thursday.

Another thing is people who don't leave feedback. I'll admit I'm not always prompt about it, but I always leave it. I've bought stuff from a few sites that allow the seller to leave feedback on the buyer. Some of the sellers on those sites won't sell or limit what they sell (nothing over a certain price) to anyone who doesn't have positive feedback, or who doesn't have enough feedback. I've missed out on multiple items because none of the sellers have left me feedback. It's very annoying.

Reaction score
Does the shipper ever apologize for the delay of the goods? Is it the same people every time or various ones?yes, I need to give more feedback too! Also, I apologize if what I said may have been agitating,all the chaos going on can make a person quite"noisy" sometimes. At least one aspect of chaos is over now, I feel a little better.

Reaction score
I've had a couple in the past explain and apologize, but it's been a long time. The only recent ones who have given any explanations are ones who had long delays due to the virus. The others are 3-5 day delays with no explanations or updates. Some people will say in their listing that it takes two business days to ship, or that they only ship on one or two days each week, so I'm not counting those.

The feedback thing leaves me with a negative impression of the sellers. I sent a note to one explaining that I just needed one feedback in order to bid on a different item, and they didn't even need to leave a comment, just hit "positive" and submit. No response, and I missed out on the item.

I'm not bothered by your other comments. I'm really tired of the overall situation. I'm ready to take a long break from it. I was talking to a friend the other night and she said they're boxing up all but one of their phones when they go camping this weekend so everyone can avoid all the talk about virus, etc. for a few days. A store I go to is shutting down for a week because the owner is too stressed out over customers who refuse to wear masks and complain and confront him over his policies. I got dragged into a huge, day-long argument over it yesterday. I didn't realize how much it was visibly affecting me until one of my daughters finally came over and took away my phone.

Reaction score
With all of the "social awareness" and "cancellations" of things like Aunt Jemima and such, why is an NFL franchise still allowed to be called the Redskins? If equality is not only a right but an expectation, why is racism tollerated toward native americans? Equality has a root word and it is EQUAL. I guess so called "Hate" gets swept under the rug as long as it turns a profit? Not a political rant, but rather an observation. The entire current social climate has become a selective witch hunt. People do change and do make mistakes. People grow as their world view becomes bigger. A person that was a flat out racist, can turn over a new leaf. I have known at least two very vocal racists in my youth. Both are married to black women and have children. That's not out of merely changing a political stance, that's out of love. That should be inspiring.

Reaction score
There have been many campaigns to get the Redskins to change their name. It might come to something this time around. Eskimo Pies are being rebranded.

I wish I had the same experience as you with racists. I know one who softened a bit when his mixed race granddaughter was born, and another who stopped making his frequent racist comments after finding out his great-great-[not sure how many greats]-grandmother was a slave (oddly and hypocritically, he was always very proud of his Native American ancestry).

The vast majority of the racists I know are still as racist as ever. They're not the overt, in your face, Confederate flag-waving, hood-wearing racists, though. They're the ones who look down on all people of color, speak abhorrently about them when none are around, and justify their behavior because they coddle and take care of those lesser, unworthy beings who aren't capable of taking care of themselves via their political choices (and you'd be thoroughly disgusted by their attitudes about minorities who aren't deemed worthy of the same sort of support--mostly Asians). Lots of them posted pictures of themselves at rallies and protests, then later made comments about the people they were ostensibly supporting that would get anyone else canceled. It's kind of how the media has shown us that things like doing blackface in the recent past are fine and accepted, as long as you're the right sort of person.

That said, we have lots of the overt, Confederate flag, Nazi tattoo sort of racists in our neighborhood. They're just as disgusting as ever. Thankfully, it's been a while since any of them have acted on their beliefs. And by that, I mean verbal or physical confrontation-type action. Their flags still fly high, and one guy still regularly drives his very loud truck around with the twin Confederate flags flying from PVC flagpoles mounted to either side of the tailgate.

Reaction score
Injecting the race card on everything these days. From the moment you turn on your TV, to movies, to comic books, the race card gets played. It gets boring after a while. And it is interesting how the racism is being blamed only on a given section on the population, how just a person's skin color makes him/her "racist by nature". How it gets portrayed only one race enslaved another, when in fact slavery existed way before the colonization. How people are being blamed for things that happened 200 years ago, that us today have nothing to do with, and were traits of times long gone. That is what drives me nuts. Using one race while blaming the other for political gain, while actually ignoring the needs some minorities face. They are not uniting us with this, they are in fact creating division: Divide and Conquer for political gain. And before I get accused of being racist: Yo soy una Hispana sin vendas en los ojos y veo claramente en my communidad lo que esta sucediendo (I'm a Hispanic that is not blind folded and see clearly what's going on in my community) The day we choose to delete our history, that day will lose our identity as a country and give way to mistakes previous generations made, to happen again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, cultural stereotypes have got to go!. yesterday, I was watching a show about black aviators and the problems they had in the beginning and how the problems were overcome. I them realized how stupid it was to focus mainly on Black people in racism, yes, they were enslaved by white person and fellow black people,against their will, but they too are human beings only condemned by the color of their skin, capable of doing everything others do.We need to stop telling people of all colors where they can live or go to school because of their"race" or for "racial equality",(political and monetery gains) give opportunities to all people no matter what their economic status in order to expose them to other cultures and histories without monetery or political gains, do it because it's right. Star Wars Cele. is one of those events-as far as I can see after all these years. And yes, I'm very sick of the virus competitions on the news, political contests and hate news that's regular now! Yes, turn off that phone and TV, read a book, go out in your yard and listen to the birds-animals,if possible. play a game- be "old fashioned," sew up a costume for Cele. 2 years down the road!

Reaction score
And while the topic is hot they should be correcting people that Racism is not just for white people. I hate the ignorant term "reverse racism" that implies only whites are capable of racism... I worked in a predominantly black supermarket for years, and called honkey, cracker, and even punched in the face just for being white, despite the fact that I am part native american. Worked there for nearly 10 years, and every once in awhile some new guy that was a wannabe Louis Farrakhan deciphle would try and give me the business in the back room when they had an audience. When they were done I would simply rebut "your people were brought here as slaves and that is unfortunate, my people already lived here and were killed for their land, so who had it worse?" The people that worked with me a long time knew that was coming and always waited for it like a punchline to a joke. Then they would gang up on him for being ignorant in the first place. Point is to change the world you have to educate people first...

Reaction score
I LOVE it when you see a cool custom figure, diorama, etc., and you or someone asks the customizer about where they got something or how they did something, and they just ignore the question or give some vague answer. It's like they're thinking "no, I must keep the secrets of the universe safe!"

I think, um yeah, someone is going to start a business with your one little piece of info and get rich.

Example, I saw this one customizer page on IG where they posted a Mandalorian without his helmet. The head was an actual sculpt of the Pascal actor. Someone asked him where he got it and he (at the moment I saw post) hadn't answered, but answered all others' praise for the custom. Sheesh.

Reaction score
I LOVE it when you see a cool custom figure, diorama, etc., and you or someone asks the customizer about where they got something or how they did something, and they just ignore the question or give some vague answer. It's like they're thinking "no, I must keep the secrets of the universe safe!"
A year or so ago, I was trying to find an album I had when I was a kid. The few copies I found online were either extremely expensive or damaged. I finally found a blog where someone had posted MP3s of one side of the album. I downloaded those but the blog hadn't been updated in years and the blogger wouldn't respond to emails. I looked at the album on Discogs and found that, not only was it in the collection of a guy I knew, it was someone who had asked me for copies of several out of print albums. I'd given them to him, so he owed me at least a few favors. Instead of coming right out and asking him, I sent him a private message and started up a conversation about something unrelated. After we'd been chatting a while, I brought up how I'd sent him those albums previously and asked him if he could send me the other side of the album I wanted. He stopped responding. A month or so later, he made a post on his blog (which he hadn't updated in over a year), talking about how privileged he feels, knowing that he's been entrusted such a rare collection of albums that nobody else will ever hear. What a jerk.

Just to stick it to him, a few months later in a conversation I knew he'd see, I mentioned that I'd bought several albums I knew he was looking for (I picked out what seemed to be the 3-4 rarest albums from his Discogs wantlist). Sure enough, a couple days later he messaged me asking for copies of them. I never responded.

Reaction score
You got your revenge Roman, but your loss is sad! I call people like that "takers' they will talk to you or hang around you only to get something from you then they are gone! hear no more from them ever. I've run into that in my family and it can hurt, a lot of times, not even a thank you sent for the favor or item.

Reaction score
You got your revenge Roman, but your loss is sad! I call people like that "takers' they will talk to you or hang around you only to get something from you then they are gone! hear no more from them ever. I've run into that in my family and it can hurt, a lot of times, not even a thank you sent for the favor or item.
Lol my best friend for years was like that. Happier without him around. I used to get all sorts of rare concerts and he would beg me for copies.... And never give me any i wanted in return. So i just never told him what I got....

Reaction score

I think, um yeah, someone is going to start a business with your one little piece of info and get rich.

Example, I saw this one customizer page on IG where they posted a Mandalorian without his helmet. The head was an actual sculpt of the Pascal actor. Someone asked him where he got it and he (at the moment I saw post) hadn't answered, but answered all others' praise for the custom. Sheesh.
Yeah, I see this often. Lots of creators, while very talented, are full of self importance.

Saw this one customizer on IG making an accessory for a figure, and it just so happened I had the figure and needed that accessory to complete it. It's an accessory that's easily lost, so I wasn't the only one asking. I asked him both publicly and privately about buying one from him, with no response. Why even post something like that, announcing you have the capabilities to make an exact replica, and then not answer questions about making some to sell? At least edit the post saying you won't be making extras.

Reaction score
I am so glad I started this thread. Now that most people are at home, it gives us time to think about all the stupid crap that bugs us. And seems there's a lot of it.

Reaction score
All these narcissistic social media people who call themselves "influencers," and "fashonistas," and "ambassadors."

Seriously, so many people who feel they need to make themselves feel important by adding a "name" to what they do.
I get it, they're in the limelight and all that, but to call yourself something like that is childish. And most of these people whom I've seen just post crap about what they bought, where they went, their uninformed opinions about....well, anything that would be considered important.

Seriously, just do what you do and don't hype yourself to be something you're not.

Don't believe.PNG

Reaction score
What is very irritating to me are the statistics for the virus-thousands of new infections in 1 day! sounds like as bad as the Spanish flu! but, with mandatory masks wearing and closed beaches, entertainment, restaurants etc. Why are there so many new infections-suddenly? sounds like all these precautions are not working, sounds like politics could be at work for the infections. If there strict precautions were working there wouldn't be a spike in new infections- look around, everyone seems to be wearing masks, keeping distance etc. suddenly-huge infection spike! oh-my. Is there more to this virus than we've been told?

Reaction score
Lol my best friend for years was like that. Happier without him around. I used to get all sorts of rare concerts and he would beg me for copies.... And never give me any i wanted in return. So i just never told him what I got....
I know a guy like that. No matter what I get -- CD, movie, whatever -- he asks me to make him a copy. I gave him a few things a couple years ago, but he expects it now. When you ask him to return the favor, he ignores you.

Reaction score
What is very irritating to me are the statistics for the virus-thousands of new infections in 1 day! sounds like as bad as the Spanish flu! but, with mandatory masks wearing and closed beaches, entertainment, restaurants etc. Why are there so many new infections-suddenly? sounds like all these precautions are not working, sounds like politics could be at work for the infections. If there strict precautions were working there wouldn't be a spike in new infections- look around, everyone seems to be wearing masks, keeping distance etc. suddenly-huge infection spike! oh-my. Is there more to this virus than we've been told?
The vast majority of the new cases have been in younger people. Close contact, no masks, vigorous activity, and increased respiratory activity (singing, yelling, heavy breathing or grunting from exercise or exertion) are all very high risk. Can you think of anything recently where tens to hundreds of thousands of young people have engaged in all of these high risk activities at the same time? Before you answer, remember that the mainstream media and public health experts have all said that the recent protests and riots, which were composed predominantly of young people in close contact, with no masks, singing, yelling and engaging in other vigorous activities, were clearly in no way responsible for even a single new infection.

Reaction score
Does the shipper ever apologize for the delay of the goods? Is it the same people every time or various ones?yes, I need to give more feedback too! Also, I apologize if what I said may have been agitating,all the chaos going on can make a person quite"noisy" sometimes. At least one aspect of chaos is over now, I feel a little better.
Just had a seller from mercari include 3 extra things in package for buying one item. Bought a ball player picture disc , got another players one free. Plus an extra card, and big plastic holders for each one. So cool for a 5 dollar purchase.

Reaction score
And while the topic is hot they should be correcting people that Racism is not just for white people. I hate the ignorant term "reverse racism" that implies only whites are capable of racism... I worked in a predominantly black supermarket for years, and called honkey, cracker, and even punched in the face just for being white, despite the fact that I am part native american. Worked there for nearly 10 years, and every once in awhile some new guy that was a wannabe Louis Farrakhan deciphle would try and give me the business in the back room when they had an audience. When they were done I would simply rebut "your people were brought here as slaves and that is unfortunate, my people already lived here and were killed for their land, so who had it worse?" The people that worked with me a long time knew that was coming and always waited for it like a punchline to a joke. Then they would gang up on him for being ignorant in the first place. Point is to change the world you have to educate people first...
Yes! This is one of the best posts I've read online for a while. As a middle-aged white guy, I have been the target of racist (thankfully only verbal) attacks by African Americans, when I was just out minding my own business. It can get especially bad when they're in a group & are trying to look tough in front of each other.

AFAIC, racism towards white people by non-whites is just as bad as any other racism.

The problem is that in many of these cases - if you try to defend yourself, you're called a racist.

F#%$ all of these racist *****s.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes! This is one of the best posts I've read online for a while. As a middle-aged white guy, I have been the target of racist (thankfully only verbal) attacks by African Americans, when I was just out minding my own business. It can get especially bad when they're in a group & are trying to look tough in front of each other.

AFAIC, racism towards white people by non-whites is just as bad as any other racism.

The problem is that in many cases if you try to defend yourself, you're called a racist.

All too true.
I have always lived by the premise that Racism is a waste of time, it's much more efficent to sort the people you meet as cool people or a-holes.😉

Reaction score

The problem is that in many of these cases - if you try to defend yourself, you're called a racist.

As a concept, yes it's just as bad. But no rational person would reasonably compare the history of racism towards white people to the racism towards other races, usually BY white people. As a white male, I know that if I get pulled over by the cops, the chances of me getting shot and killed are very slim. Black men can't say the same thing. It was 89 years between "All men are created equal" and the abolition of slavery. It was about another 100 years before black people could use the same water fountains as white people.

Sorry, but white folks don't have much of a leg to stand on in this situation. If black people made racist comments to you, then of course that's wrong. But it's like complaining to someone who's been battling cancer for five years that you have a cold. Yes, having a cold sucks but have a little ****ing perspective.

Reaction score
If you've never seen the Jane Elliott racism stuff she has done, then you (general you) should. Some of it is outdated and maybe a little heavy-handed on her part, but I saw a short clip recently again where she asks an audience (on like Geraldo or Maury or something) a simple statement.
"I want any white person in the room to stand up if you'd like people to treat you the way black people are treated in this country" No one stands up.
Then she says, and rightly so "then that means you know what's going on and you know you don't want it for you".

Reaction score
As a concept, yes it's just as bad. But no rational person would reasonably compare the history of racism towards white people to the racism towards other races, usually BY white people. As a white male, I know that if I get pulled over by the cops, the chances of me getting shot and killed are very slim. Black men can't say the same thing. It was 89 years between "All men are created equal" and the abolition of slavery. It was about another 100 years before black people could use the same water fountains as white people.
Agree with this. Yes, being berated verbally is not the worst thing that could happen....as long as it doesn't escalate into violence/physical attacks.

Reaction score
As a white male, I know that if I get pulled over by the cops, the chances of me getting shot and killed are very slim. Black men can't say the same thing.
That's actually incorrect. Whites are killed more often by the police and at a higher rate than any other race. Mentioning that statistic makes you a racist, though. I realize it doesn't reflect what goes on in the black community, but I think it should factor into the conversation somewhere.

As far as anti-white racism, I've been the target of it a fair number of times, mostly by non-blacks. However, I was the victim of fairly severe, racially-based harassment (including violence) by a black coworker years ago. I was told that if I pursued my complaint, I'd lose my job.

Reaction score
The problem with stats is that you can take that stat that White people are killed by police more than any other race because it's easy to see... but then someone takes that stat and points out the details. African American (people that identify as Black in census) people make up about 13-15% of Americans and account for 1/3 of the deaths by Police (that's 30-33%). Then take into account that 40% of the prison population is African American and 22% live in poverty. Socioeconomics play as big a part in this as anything.

The U.S. Census Bureau's poverty threshold for a family with two adults and one child was $20,212 in 2018. This is the official measurement of poverty used by the Federal Government. That's 2 adults and 1 child... imagine the socioeconomic catastrophe that comes with single parent homes with multiple kids. In a country like ours, none of these stats make any sense and need to end. See my previous post if you still feel like we need to compare how things are in this country.

GNT

Reaction score
Let’s not try to bring racism discussion into this thread, best to post that elsewhere. No one ones the thread to derail.

Reaction score
Yes, let's not, let's accept EVERYONE as they are, no matter what color, religion or where they come from, we are all human beings we are all equal if you take away the trappings of culture, religion, politics, social economic status etc. I love everyone as they are, even if they were from outer space.

Reaction score
I really dislike like that Amazon commercial with that goofy lady talking about having a "golden ticket" to work at the chocolate factory called Amazon warehouse. Or her comment about "whoa it's hand sanitizer " . Really? What kind of brain washed person gets that happy about a gallon of hand sanitizer? And why does Amazon think people are going to believe that their warehouses are that clean and that great to work at? Think people have seen the stories about some of the warehouses.

Reaction score
Our daughter worked at an Amazon warehouse several years ago and I think she said it was pretty clean.(but work exhausting!)

Reaction score
Almost every website I go to nowadays has this big banner on its main page: "This site uses cookies to blah blah blah......"

Hate it since it won't go away until you click and acknowledge/accept it. I usually close it out, but it appears if I don't accept. WHY would I want to accept? Yeah, I know...blah blah blah. Annoying.

Reaction score
My husband goes to the store, he sees a very long line at, I think Walmart, when he told me I thought about Star Wars Cele. lines! I asked him what was going on(as if I wasn't sure) he said it was the stores "safety precautions", I wondered if they were also only allowing a certain number of people in at one time?(SW Cele. lines too!) he passed up that store( the line was wrapping around the whole area!) Ha-ha, now the normal none- fans have a little taste of SW Cele! now.... move along, move along, don't forget that breath mask!

Reaction score
My husband goes to the store, he sees a very long line at, I think Walmart, when he told me I thought about Star Wars Cele. lines! I asked him what was going on(as if I wasn't sure) he said it was the stores "safety precautions", I wondered if they were also only allowing a certain number of people in at one time?(SW Cele. lines too!) he passed up that store( the line was wrapping around the whole area!) Ha-ha, now the normal none- fans have a little taste of SW Cele! now.... move along, move along, don't forget that breath mask!
I've seen lines but I haven't had any prevent or delay me from going in a store yet. We were at an outdoor mall a few weeks ago and there were long lines for several of the stores. Luckily, none of them were stores we were going to. I apparently just missed an altercation at one local Walmart when a maskless idiot both refused to wear a mask and decided he didn't need to wait in line. We have one local store that has cut back to only allowing one person in at a time because so many people were refusing to comply and now two of their employees have COVID. When I heard about it, I bought a couple things I didn't need from their online storefront just to help support them a bit.

Reaction score
I just spoke to my husband about that line, he said it wrapped around the building. he didn't have the patience to stand there so long. traffic in the area is now back to bad and patience is thin( with all the other things going on) our son, who is stationed in Okinawa, wants me to come visit, we are in WA. state so that makes it a "shorter" trip? I said, no going through Hong Kong, only Tokyo, but, watch out! there could be a quarantine! can't do that. not enough time. and the lines are probably Cele. type!( used to that) I'd wait til things cooled down. bring on The Empire, move along now!

Reaction score
Anti-maskers. Coworker forgets their mask, coworker 2 chimes in,” You don’t need it.” I get asked to take my mask off a few times a week. Boss is so spineless he won’t comment either way, just says do what makes you comfortable, regardless of the fact wearing a mask is required outside of your home.