Things that drive you nuts?

Reaction score
I know, it's crazy. And when you ask someone about it, they gave you some stupid postal answer. That makes no sense. I've even heard it saves on gas. Really? Taking a package around the country on tour saves gas. BOOOOO!

Reaction score
Now both of them are less than an hour away. They arrived at the same PO at the exact same time last night. They haven't been touched today, which is really annoying. There's no good reason why they shouldn't be here tomorrow.

Amusingly, a package did arrive today. It's one I ordered from a seller in China over three months ago. They sent the wrong item. They claimed they were in a rush to get things out before the post offices shut down completely and put the wrong label on mine. They said not to worry, that they'd located the right one, and that it would be here within three weeks. I'd written it off as a loss but didn't leave them negative feedback because they sounded sincere and didn't hesitate to tell me to keep the other item. It was the last thing I ever expected to find in the mail this morning, so it was a very pleasant surprise. Unfortunately, it's too late for me to leave them feedback.

Reaction score
the fact that they haven't cancelled officially Star Wars celebration yet!! Just do it already! Every other con has been.
Yeah I'm surprised Celebration hasn't been cancelled yet. There's a local con every November, they just cancelled that the other day.

Reaction score
I can't help but feel like I'm going to wind up on the chopping block at work. I've never quite fit in, but they like my work ethic, but the past few weeks I'v been getting called out on my performance in a position I was moved to a few months ago. Truthfully, I've been getting messages since that happened from the office manager regarding my performance.

And lately, these past two weeks, I've notice I've been getting less work to do. It's frustrating because I wind up finishing halfway through the day, and I wind up just having to look busy when I don't have work to do. And to be honest, not getting enough work to get through the day has been an issue from the start at this job.

There are days I hope they just fire me and tell me to leave, because I'm not sure where I stand, and that's just stressing me out. And I just got healthcare through this job, so I also feel trapped by it.

Reaction score
You have to be kidding me! One of the two packages that were less than an hour away last night was delivered this morning. The other one was sent to another post office 700 miles away. Unbelievable. I guess they're doing whatever they can to hit the original delivery date.

Reaction score
It's amazing how many people jump and run around stupid ,when a CEO says they're showing up. It's just stupid . They were looking for any piece of paper, gum wrapper, cigarette butt or stray lint to sweep up. And this was store manager. Feel like there should be red carpet and trumpets sounding for this jerk. Like who cares. Thought about staying to ask for an extra few million I could borrow. But figured he'd say he couldn't spare it.

Reaction score
I never met any of our CEOs, but I went to several lunches/dinners with direct reports and C_O's. I was always amused by how people behaved. I almost always got kudos from the execs because I was just about the only one there who didn't put on airs.

Reaction score
Well this time it was the President of the company showing up. All that work they did and heard she was there one hour. What a bunch of goofs.

Reaction score
What's worse than having a crown installed on a molar?

Developing an abscess under the crowned molar, necessitating a root canal and a new crown. (n)

Reaction score
These commercials from businesses that got busted with unsafe working conditions during the outbreak, saying how safe they are now. Yeah talking about you Amazon. What's next a Smithfield bacon commercial. Ugh.

Reaction score
People on FaKebook Marketplace want stuff practically for free.
My sale/trade threads here on RS have yielded little interest for some time, so I though, hey, let me try FB Marketplace.
I've posted only a few things since it's a pain with description, price, pictures, blah and blah and blah.

Anyway, the first one that drives me nuts is them sending the "Is this still available" message.
I tell them yes it is. Then....silence. *sigh.*
I know they don't HAVE to buy, but why inquire if you truly have no interest?

Next ones are the "what's your best price?" I give them a decent price below my asking one.
All of my stuff is in good to great condition.
Silence. Ok, you don't have to buy but come on, at least a little consideration.
This has been the majority of the queries to my stuff.

Another one. Wants the figure. We make arrangements to meet. I'm there at the place at the agreed upon time. No show. Message them. Nothing. Few minutes later..."oh I'm still at work, can we do this tomorrow?" I tell him fine, let me know when you can.
Next day, nothing. Day after, nothing. *grunt.*

Another: "I'm interested in this." Two minutes later, "I'll pass." Ok, I'll give them that that they at least passed and let me know.. But within 2 minutes? Ha ha.

All of the stuff I have hasn't been available at retail anymore for quite some time. Whether sealed or loose, they are in very decent shape.
HUGE difference from the members on here. At least if they're not interested, at least they PM back and say, "I'll pass," or "No thank you."

Or maybe it's me: just an impatient old codger who expects a little consideration for people's time.

Reaction score
Looking out the window on Juneteenth and seeing a group of shirtless garbage walking up the street with Nazi tats all over their torsos.

Reaction score
I don’t make, like or respond to political posts on Facebook, ever. I generally ignore them entirely and will seldom read them if not by accident. I made a completely non-political post last night about a completely uncontroversial book one of my youngest likes (just pointing out that she’s reading and enjoying it). My one ultra-political friend went nuts on my post overnight. I only saw the text of one of his comments because someone sent it to me in a message, but I had over half a dozen notifications that he’d commented on my post (apparently there were a good deal more, but I only had notifications for some of them). It sparked an argument with a couple other friends. The ultra-political guy ended up deleting his initial comment, which deleted the whole thread, but I’m told it was a rather lengthy, heated and vulgar argument all stemming from my saying that my daughter likes a kid’s book. Some people need to drive off a cliff.

Reaction score
People are now demanding that Marvel change the name of the third Captain America movie because it's called Civil War. The posts read things like "hey Marvel why did you name a movie after a war on racism and slavery" If it was one person I'd laugh. But never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers... for the record, it's not Captain America "The Civil War" which would tie it to the American Civil War. Read the definition of what a civil war is and look past yourself and your small world morons. If this is the type of education public schools offer I am home schooling from now on...

Reaction score
People are now demanding that Marvel change the name of the third Captain America movie because it's called Civil War. The posts read things like "hey Marvel why did you name a movie after a war on racism and slavery" If it was one person I'd laugh. But never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers... for the record, it's not Captain America "The Civil War" which would tie it to the American Civil War. Read the definition of what a civil war is and look past yourself and your small world morons. If this is the type of education public schools offer I am home schooling from now on...
A few of my friends have been running into similar things on Facebook. Ignorant, mostly 20-something idiots who don't know what a word, term or phrase means, or what a person actually did in their life, or the actual facts of an event (even when the thing in question does the opposite of what they think), and they attack them wanting whatever the thing is and the person who mentioned it to be "canceled." It reminds me of the the college professor a few years ago who was forced to resign because he used the word "niggardly" in a paper. And not that long ago when I was attacked for saying that someone had reneged on a bet.

Reaction score
Yes, it's utter b.s. I've read that Gone with the Wind is being pulled from some streaming platforms due to the subject matter, and may?! return with a "historical context" preceding this. What's next - will people who own a physical copy of the film have to turn this in, or risk punishment?! Ridiculous.

In addition to this and other "changes" being made, there is a scene in the Season 09 Christmas episode of The Office (2012) that is offensive to some people due to the subject matter - and this is being removed from streaming. However, I'm currently re-watching S09 of the show (on DVD) & just saw this episode. And, the "offensive nature" needs to be taken into context; Dwight Schrute is going to do something offensive in his "Christmas show" (and to anyone familiar with the show, Dwight is typically clueless & lacks social graces), but then pulls it at the last minute due to being told it would be inappropriate. So, pulling the "reveal" from the streaming episode is ridiculous, because the show is not saying that this type of thing is OK - but in point of fact is saying the opposite.

I don't like it when things are "re-written" like this.

Reaction score
I don’t make, like or respond to political posts on Facebook, ever. I generally ignore them entirely and will seldom read them if not by accident. I made a completely non-political post last night about a completely uncontroversial book one of my youngest likes (just pointing out that she’s reading and enjoying it). My one ultra-political friend went nuts on my post overnight. I only saw the text of one of his comments because someone sent it to me in a message, but I had over half a dozen notifications that he’d commented on my post (apparently there were a good deal more, but I only had notifications for some of them). It sparked an argument with a couple other friends. The ultra-political guy ended up deleting his initial comment, which deleted the whole thread, but I’m told it was a rather lengthy, heated and vulgar argument all stemming from my saying that my daughter likes a kid’s book. Some people need to drive off a cliff.
Just take him camping during spring bear mating season and when he's asleep smear with honey and tie to a tree. Ha.

Reaction score
Yes, it's utter b.s. I've read that Gone with the Wind is being pulled from some streaming platforms due to the subject matter, and may?! return with a "historical context" preceding this. What's next - will people who own a physical copy of the film have to turn this in, or risk punishment?! Ridiculous.

In addition to this and other "changes" being made, there is a scene in the Season 09 Christmas episode of The Office (2012) that is offensive to some people due to the subject matter - and this is being removed from streaming. However, I'm currently re-watching S09 of the show (on DVD) & just saw this episode. And, the "offensive nature" needs to be taken into context; Dwight Schrute is going to do something offensive in his "Christmas show" (and to anyone familiar with the show, Dwight is typically clueless & lacks social graces), but then pulls it at the last minute due to being told it would be inappropriate. So, pulling the "reveal" from the streaming episode is ridiculous, because the show is not saying that this type of thing is OK - but in point of fact is saying the opposite.

I don't like it when things are "re-written" like this.
It is a sign of the times and things like that do not happen any more. Oprah said it best in the intro to the tom and jerry box set. Pretending this never happened is worse than the fact that it did. It shows we have progressed.

Reaction score
What was the book?

Reaction score
Charlottte's Web. From what I could tell, his comments didn't even have anything to do with the book. It seemed to start with him saying we were racist for not having her read something else. I'll just say that I never said that was the only thing she's been reading. It was idiotic.

Reaction score
Charlotte's Web?! WTF?! That's a great book, and the animated film was very well-done & moving.

This guy is an unmitigated *****.

Reaction score
Charlottte's Web. From what I could tell, his comments didn't even have anything to do with the book. It seemed to start with him saying we were racist for not having her read something else. I'll just say that I never said that was the only thing she's been reading. It was idiotic.
Must be the type of person who thinks he's automatically right if he's offended. The "if I play the victim I win" person.

Charlotte's Web is a great book.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he just likes to use whatever opportunity he can to attack people he believes don't subscribe to his way of thinking. I don't post a ton on FB, and what I do is pretty much either positive things about my kids, acknowledging dates or major events, or jokes. I have friends on all sides of the fence in a variety of categories, and at both extremes, so I tend to avoid anything that could lead to any conflict. I've posted a couple positive things related to the current world situations, but not a lot. I considered letting this guy know everything we have done related to race with the kids in the last few weeks but ultimately felt he wasn't worth the time. He's a coworker so unfriending and blocking him can cause issues at work. Instead, I've taken him off the list of people my posts go to (in other words, he'll still see my posts if he specifically searches my profile, but nothing I post will go to his feed). It's idiotic that some people can't play nice.

Reaction score
charlotte's web is a veiled social commentary about equality, in the same way that ''animal farm" is a veiled social commentary about communism -- some people might bristle at the idea of a social message being hidden inside a children's book like this -- (especially if those people DON'T agree with the message of the book -- this would infuriate them).

IIRC, at the beginning of CW, one of the sheep actually says, out loud, to wilbur "pigs mean less than nothing to me" -- none of the other farmyard animals will play with wilbur or treat him as an "equal" because pigs are only raised for slaughter -- it falls to Charlotte, to make everyone see that 'pigs matter too' (so to speak), and to prevent wilbur from being slaughtered for what he is... so it's actually a timely story, given the events of the world right now... the social commentary hidden in the story is relevant to current events.

here again, a lot of people might bristle at the idea of a social message being hidden inside a children's book -- (especially if those people DON'T agree with the message of "equality" -- this would infuriate them).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Our country is in a very sad and embarrassing state now, political figures are being apathetic to the actions of radicals. if this was the 50's-early 60's, these "persons" would be rounded up and jailed. Has anyone asked the populace of a "infested area"( radical infested) is unrest and lawlessness what they want in society? Has the populace become that sheepish as to accept chaos?There are some things in society that have recently erupted from the past that these radicals don't seem to realize they are promoting- segregation!

Reaction score
**This didn't post when I hit "post reply" earlier**
His basic argument appears to have been that we weren't promoting equality enough because our reading choice wasn't inclusive enough. He ignored the fact that it was my daughter's reading choice and that she's a freaking child who's reading on her own.

Reaction score
Wait, what? O......kay. I wonder what his life is like that he feels the need to attack someone who 1) is reading 2) made a personal choice WHAT to read and 3) is a child.

I think your "friend" has some issues he needs to deal with. For him to become so unhinged at a simple book choice, there's a certain amount of unhappiness in his life.
I'm all for diversity and all, but people read what they want.
While I read a variety of subjects, whether fiction, biographies/autobiographies, social issues, politics, etc. I choose not to read a lot of stuff I either don't like or know I wouldn't like. But that's the thing.....people have a right to make their choice.

Reaction score
And like I said, we've been all over the diversity thing, even before people said you needed to in response to George Floyd. As soon as I heard about it, I was sicked and upset and started talking to our girls about racism, reading books and poetry, watching and suggesting movies, going to sites locally with a link to our local African American history, and patronizing local black-owned businesses. It's something that's had a big impact on me and that I have very strong feelings about. But that has nothing to do with "Charlotte's Web." If he wanted to question how we're handling the current world situation with our daughters, he could have asked a simple question (not that it's any of his business) instead of making a baseless and completely unrelated attack. Then again, I've had people criticize how we're handling things because they feel we're doing too much of that "black stuff." I think I know too many people who need to drive off a cliff.

Reaction score
To regulate what books we read or movies we see or like socialism at it's worst or beginning of the worst. to say Gone with the Wind is racist is ridiculous, the word "racist" has been taken out of context,turned into something totally different than the original meaning. Why don't we teach history properly, showing the good and bad, so it doesn't repeat it's self. When I was growing up, in the Cold War era, I knew Russia and China were out "enemies", politically, I did not "hate" them because of it. I saw many pictures of both countries and hoped, one day I could visit them. I do have a grudge against the bad protesters, the anarchists, the historically ignorant. I have nothing against people of color, we all need to get along, accept each other. Here is something I just read about on the Star Trek site, it said there was a certain group of Trek fans who discriminated against other Trek fans because of dress, behavior or the way they enjoyed Star Trek etc. you go to the Star Trek site and everything is very accepting of everyone, no discrimination etc, this was a shock to me! this should not be happening today. On the other hand, Star Wars fans ,as I have seen, accept everyone! no matter who you are, color,religion, handicap. everyone is good! I feel very safe and enjoy myself among fellow Cele. fans at all times. our groups are what society needs to see, we all get along(from what I have seen). Let's get rid of the word "racist".

Reaction score
The novel is pretty danged racist. The movie is very toned down. However, they still teach the novel in my daughters' schools. They'll each have to read it in 8th grade and again (unless it changes) senior year. A big part of the lesson each time is about racism. In spite of the racism, it's a great novel. There's a lot of aspects to teach from it. I've read it twice. The first time was in almost one sitting. It would be horrible to throw it out of schools when one of the aspect that will get it banned (at least in some districts) is one of the most important teaching tools of the book.

I had a big fight with the principal at the grade school our older daughters went to because they struck another racist novel from the curriculum. She told me they wouldn't even allow kids to carry it in their bookbags anymore because it was so dangerous and damaging to children of color. Thankfully, the high school doesn't look down on Huck Finn in the same way so all my girls will read it at some point.

Reaction score
Hatred isn't a "mistake." I've been having a text-argument with a friend about a local businessman who was essentially "canceled" for a long string of hateful, racist comments recently. She keeps saying he should be forgiven because everyone makes mistakes. Hatred is a choice. He chose to hate. He chose to hate so much that he publicly voiced his hate. He even doubled down on it when he was initially called out for it, kept posting his comments even after the widespread public backlash started, and never actually apologized for what he said (he said he was sorry people took his comments the way they did). Own your hate and its consequences.