There is... another... skywal.. ke....

Reaction score
Yes I have one - and I really like it, much more than I expected to. I also have one on order from KR Sabers which I anticipate will be more accurate - but the Korbanth is very nice. My plan is to get both, and display the more accurate one as a static prop and install the other one with a CFX that I have ready and waiting. I reckon the KR will be more accurate and will likely end up in the display case. The Korbanth is surprisingly nice in the hand - I was expecting the grips to feel a bit harsh, but they are perfectly rounded on the edges, and the saber has a pleasantly solid feel to it. I don't think I will miss the mother of pearl inlay on the grips if it ends up being the practical saber (the Korbanth has no mother of pearl grip inlay, the KR will - honestly though I don't miss it as much as I thought I would).
Have you (or anyone reading this) used KR before? I've never heard of them but then again I don't have much fan made stuff in my collection. The KR looks nice.

Reaction score
Have you (or anyone reading this) used KR before? I've never heard of them but then again I don't have much fan made stuff in my collection. The KR looks nice.
Yes I have been buying from Khal for years. I get about 80% of my install parts from him, and I have quite a few of his hilts, and have installed some for other people as well, so have seen a fair selection.

He is UK based (which is perfect for me as so am I), but has sorted his international shipping really well recently - even including international shipping in pre-order prices since he started taking pre-orders which is a fairly new thing. He always used to only take orders when items were in-hand - but some recent runs were so totally over-subscribed he has re-thought that strategy, and now does pre-orders.

To note though I think the preorders for the Sidious and Leia end about now (I seem to remember end of the month which might mean he cuts them off tonight) - so I wouldn't hesitate if you want one. Given the quality of the previous hilts I've had from him, and how they have just been getting better and better, I reckon this will be a very good choice.

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch for the input, Mikey.
No worries - in weird timing Khal was just streaming a live video - someone asked when the Leia preorder finishes - it's tomorrow afternoon (17:00 UK time), so order quick! He said he is closing the store for a week from that time also to clear out some orders (which includes a Graflex Ep. 9 kit that I should be receiving soon :)).

Also he confirmed that the belt clip will be included in the kit as an option (as well as the pictured D-ring).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just wanted to show the Korbanth saber that I recently picked up. I know it's not 100% accurate but I still think it looks great and is very well made. If you can find one for a reasonable price, I'd recommend to go for it.

View media item 398149

Reaction score
It does look good. Makes me wish there was a licensed, limited edition version being made by some company. But given the state of companies such as MR, efx, and Anovos, maybe I need to let that preference go and learn to accept such products as good enough.

Reaction score
It does look good. Makes me wish there was a licensed, limited edition version being made by some company. But given the state of companies such as MR, efx, and Anovos, maybe I need to let that preference go and learn to accept such products as good enough.
Exactly. There was no way that I was going to wait 5-10 years for efx to (maybe) get a Leia saber into my hands.

Reaction score
I'm not positive but I believe this will be a future Galaxy's edge release like the the Ben Solo saber and Rey salvage saber. That's what I am hoping for as I like the full electronics and removable blades. MR isn't going to happen, Anovos wont see a dime of my money. EFX? Maybe via Chronicle. However my money is on Disney on this one and they are at a pretty decent price point saber wise all things considered. But I will admit that is one really impressive example. GC

Reaction score
I haven't paid enough attention to the Galaxy Edge sabers. How do they compare to the old MR hilts?

Reaction score
I haven't paid enough attention to the Galaxy Edge sabers. How do they compare to the old MR hilts?
IMHO they are pretty good and at an attractive price point. They tend to be slightly larger than the MR hilts I assume due to the electronics however I have a pair in my collection. MR at that time was in their stride and made some great hilts. Are the Galaxy edge 100% accurate ? Prob not but for a licensed hilt they are pretty good. Even the display carriers are well pretty well thought out. Hilts have plenty of metal in some cases a little plastic here and there for like for switch covers or end caps However well done. GC

Here is a great thread on the subject matter Yodasan

Last edited: