There is... another... skywal.. ke....

Reaction score
We can add another canon lightsaber hilt from TROS, question is who’s gonna make it?

Reaction score
Was wondering the same as I watched TRoS. Thinking back in the old days we could rely on MasterReplicas to announce a release sooner or later. Now, not sure.

Reaction score
Obviously, eFx will announce it and NEVER deliver it. Unfortunately Master Replicas has taken a direction that is completely irrelevant to what I understand of 'high end collectibles'. Apart from 2001, the other themes don't make sense either... I hope they will somehow get the SW license and we will be back to the days when a product is actually manufactured and delivered after its announcement :)

Reaction score
Our best option will probably be when it gets inevitably released as a Legacy Saber at Galaxy’s Edge.

I guess I’ll be fine with that since that’s just the climate we’re in, as far as licensed lightsabers today go.

Reaction score
When are we free talk about the movie openly? Hasn't every self-respecting person who calls themselves a "Star Wars Fan" seen the new movie by now? I'll hide for now, but in addition to the Dark Rey double (which just doesn't warrant collecting consideration for me at this time) we have legitimately these new pieces to drool over....

Spoiler:  
2019.12.17-04.46-themixnet-5df85d955b6bc.jpg

Spoiler:  
2019.12.17-04.46-themixnet-5df85d8c2590e.jpg

Reaction score
If it would be confirmed that all sabers from the new Trilogy would be released I'd be in.
Chris

Reaction score
I’d be down for all ST sabers. Bad things is EFX has the license for it but still no new sabers.

Reaction score
When are we free talk about the movie openly? Hasn't every self-respecting person who calls themselves a "Star Wars Fan" seen the new movie by now? I'll hide for now, but in addition to the Dark Rey double (which just doesn't warrant collecting consideration for me at this time) we have legitimately these new pieces to drool over....
I haven't seen the movie and honestly I do not care to see it either. I'm not paying to go to a movie theater to see what I personally consider and ( be surprised) others out there too, a disaster Trilogy. Does that make me a person without self respect and not a Star Wars fan? Of course not. I've chosen for myself to avoid these films at the theater, using my own decision making as a free thinking individual. If others like to pay to see it, that's fine, that's their choice and I don't think any less of them. I didn't know that in order to have pride and confidence in myself or behave with dignity or even be a "Star Wars Fan" meant having to see something I don't like. This name tagging used these days by some people towards others by putting them down if they don't like the same things they like isn’t a motive driven by reaction, it is a motive driven by the desire to have control over free thinking and individualism. I thought that, as a community of fans and collectors, every preference was accepted without resulting to name tagging. The signal this name tagging attitude sends out, same as in government, is that of a group of controllers and manipulators who feel entitled to treat others like they are above all. You are expected to jump through their hoops, as they push to convince you of your "lesser" values through the subtle message that something is "wrong" or "missing" with you, if you do not think like thy do. Personally, everything related to Episode IX can be talked about and shown.

Reaction score
I think you summarised the current trend PERFECTLY. Unfortunately I saw the Disney a.k.a How Donald Duck ****ed Up the SW Legacy Trilogy.. If there was a way to 'undo' this by some temporal arrangement would I go back in time and not see any of it? HELL YES! Do I empathise with fans who decided not to see these? ABSOLUTELY. I don't understand how some people associate being a 'die hard' or 'true' fan with accepting/loving EVERYTHING that is being thrown at us? I don't think no one here or in the greater SW community is entitled to judge or rate others' 'level' of fandom. Discussing matters is OK.. but name tagging or isolating people for their ideas? I think considering he demographics of this particular Forum, we can do better. The majority of the people here are the OT generation. So it is time we started acting like adults :)

I haven't seen the movie and honestly I do not care to see it either. I'm not paying to go to a movie theater to see what I personally consider and ( be surprised) others out there too, a disaster Trilogy. Does that make me a person without self respect and not a Star Wars fan? Of course not. I've chosen for myself to avoid these films at the theater, using my own decision making as a free thinking individual. If others like to pay to see it, that's fine, that's their choice and I don't think any less of them. I didn't know that in order to have pride and confidence in myself or behave with dignity or even be a "Star Wars Fan" meant having to see something I don't like. This name tagging used these days by some people towards others by putting them down if they don't like the same things they like isn’t a motive driven by reaction, it is a motive driven by the desire to have control over free thinking and individualism. I thought that, as a community of fans and collectors, every preference was accepted without resulting to name tagging. The signal this name tagging attitude sends out, same as in government, is that of a group of controllers and manipulators who feel entitled to treat others like they are above all. You are expected to jump through their hoops, as they push to convince you of your "lesser" values through the subtle message that something is "wrong" or "missing" with you, if you do not think like thy do. Personally, everything related to Episode IX can be talked about and shown.

Reaction score
Semantically, the design makes a lot of sense.. Since Luke was Leia's master, the obvious connections between Luke ROTJ and Leia lightsaber is justified. However, I think this is a funny choice of colour because it is very sexist! Lightsaber is a weapon not an iphone.. why would you have it in rose gold just because a woman is wielding it? :) :) :) doesn't make sense at all :)

Reaction score
Look, General Grievance, not everything is about you, but thanks for the reminder why so few people find it worthwhile to come around here anymore. I was merely attempting to share pixs and information about new props from the new movie. What are you contributing here?

My sentence wasn't meant as an indictment, a judgement, a fan litmus-test or to trigger you. If you dislike Disney's Star Wars and weren't gonna see this movie anyways, why would my comment even apply to you? And what are you even doing in this thread? To vent? To tell everyone how much you dislike a movie you have no plans on seeing? Is that how you're contributing to the community?

You've been around the board long enough to know better, and that's the saddest part. Now you've left me with no choice but to hit this newfangled "ignore" button concerning you. I encourage you to do the same to me, and hope you find peace within your "fandom" 'cause Disney Star Wars is not going away anytime soon.

Reaction score
Look, General Grievance, not everything is about you, but thanks for the reminder why so few people find it worthwhile to come around here anymore. I was merely attempting to share pixs and information about new props from the new movie. What are you contributing here?

My sentence wasn't meant as an indictment, a judgement, a fan litmus-test or to trigger you. If you dislike Disney's Star Wars and weren't gonna see this movie anyways, why would my comment even apply to you? And what are you even doing in this thread? To vent? To tell everyone how much you dislike a movie you have no plans on seeing? Is that how you're contributing to the community?

You've been around the board long enough to know better, and that's the saddest part. Now you've left me with no choice but to hit this newfangled "ignore" button concerning you. I encourage you to do the same to me, and hope you find peace within your "fandom" 'cause Disney Star Wars is not going away anytime soon.
Nothing is about me as you are trying to spin my comment. I simply spoke for myself and for others that feel the same way but are too afraid to say anything. But if you think it is all about me, then as someone in the medical field, you certainly have an issue and I would recommend you to visit a professional to help with your anger condition. I was not triggered by your comment but what it implies, how it is an attempt to put down those that do not subscribe to your way of thinking, and sir, that is not democratic at all.

You ask what I'm doing in this thread. Once again you are showing bias behavior only seen by people who feel superior to others and who believe what they say shouldn't be challenged. If my reply to your comment actually hit a nerve, as your comment above shows, then again you should seek the help of a professional to help your mind accept not everything you think will be shared by others and opinions on any topic vary. We are not clones of each other. Why I'm in this tread? Plain and simple to exercise my right to disagree and expose a trend that isn't beneficial to communities and society, a trend that is devise. I'm here to exercise my right to free speech without attempts by others to be silenced nor have a name tag hung on me for not sharing your view on a subject and being disrespected. Once again ,by calling me "General Grievance" you have shown a lack of respect and consideration for others, and to me as a woman, it is sad to see a man acting this way. You ask how am I contributing to the community and while I do not feel the need to answer to you, I'll ask you the same and answer that question based on your own comments. You are contributing to the community by segregating and dividing collectors into groups and saying those that disagree with you have no self respect, no place on this thread or that thread because they challenge what you think. I don't come here to vent. I come here, as the free forum this is, to agree and disagree with comments as I best see them fit, and comment. That is my right without resulting to name calling and tagging, as you have done. If you are so upset at life, perhaps at yourself, please don't take your frustration on others. Mature as a person . And as for using the "ignore" button to sweep me away, that is your right. I applaud you for it. It is the freedom you have in a free society. And with all due respect to the action you chose to take, I don't care.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If it would be confirmed that all sabers from the new Trilogy would be released I'd be in.
Chris
I would be as well but at what price point would be a consideration as well to me Chris.

While I like the dual rey saber its almost at a price point that's secondary market already. However, I would also like to see the new additions. If it was a signature edition with electronics maybe That price would be right, Maybe at a lower edition than 750 ???

As to the free flowing opinions on here. Everyone is entitled to one. That doesn't make any particular opinion is right or wrong but a simple point of view difference. Its like value... it may hold value to someone else but in actuality only worth what somebody is willing to pay in the end.

When I saw the new saber pic in Rose gold I just saw it as gold and I saw it as blingy as Leia's character is a General and a Princess. If her character was a Prince and a General I would still see blingly like royalty. Even Darth Sidious Saber and Mace Windu sabers were somewhat blingy with a gold and jewels.

However once again everyone has a different view and drew their own conclusions because somebody mentioned "oh rose gold" I took that as somebody was excited as it looked different. Other folks went another direction.

I too may be wrong but I liked the picture, I would like to own that in my collection and I like ALL Sci-Fi. If everybody was the same what a boring place this would be.

GC

Last edited:
Reaction score
Semantically, the design makes a lot of sense.. Since Luke was Leia's master, the obvious connections between Luke ROTJ and Leia lightsaber is justified. However, I think this is a funny choice of colour because it is very sexist! Lightsaber is a weapon not an iphone.. why would you have it in rose gold just because a woman is wielding it? :) :) :) doesn't make sense at all :)
IMHO the Design is on point and you are 100% correct it should reflect the Jedi training and Jedi way and be similar to her brother's light saber. As to the color I think its more about royalty vs. sexist as I clearly stated above. However folks are free to draw their own conclusions. Regardless. Its a great looking saber that either a Prince or a Princess could wield if you think about it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok, I really like that rose gold highlights on Leia's saber. I am sure if eFX doesn't deliver, we will get one from Galaxy's Edge. Bummer i serious need to look for someone who will help me pick up a Forged Luke saber from GE.

Reaction score
I am waiting for a 'miracle'. eFx losing the license to MR. Good old days!!!!!!!!!
we ALL are and delivering as well however, it may go the Disney store only route and at this point maybe it needs too. I am interested in the Chronicle Dark rey but the price is pretty high when its not a SE edition or electronic version

Reaction score
You can have a plaque made and get the signature directly from Daisy, that is what I am thinking to do. But I won't buy until these are delivered or in stock somewhere + we need all sabres from the new trilogy. Kylo, Leia, Luke repaired and Reys last one for sure. But since I am waiting for the Iron Man Direct Exclusive for (I forgot it already o_O)... 7 years now I do not have any high hopes?
Chris

Reaction score
re: choosing not to see the new movie.

I grew up with Splinter of the Mind's eye and the original Marvel comics run -- back in 1978, everyone understood the difference between 'stories-by-George' and 'stories-by-NOT-George' -- the 'stories-by-George' were essential, and everything else was optional.

newsflash: George is not making SW anymore.... so, now EVERYTHING is 'stories-by-NOT-George'. (we used to call it "EU" but I understand most "fans" don't like than moniker, so I will try to avoid it).

and, yes, I know. Disney has sold us their new Trilogy as the "official continuation" of GL's life work ... but the simple fact remains: GL is no longer working; this Orwellian Double-Think, is technically impossible.

just imagine, if JJ's latest movie was sold to us as the "official continuation" of Alfred Hitchcock's life work (when Alfred Hithcock is no longer working); or Picasso's life work; or Leonardo DaVinci's FFS -- the very premise is absurd.

as "fans", we MUST accept the Sequel Trilogy for what it is (or it becomes impossible to enjoy it): we must accept it, in the SAME context as Splinter of the Mind's Eye, and the original Marvel Comics run. (which I enjoyed the hell out of, btw).

these materials "Expand Upon" GL's life work. they are all kinds of fun. for some, (myself included), they are an essential part of their SW experience .. for others, they are OPTIONAL.

a lot of people didn't bother to see the clone wars theatrical release... does this mean they are not SW fans!? (of course not). and by the same token, a lot of people didnt bother to see the new disney movie... does this mean they are not SW fans? (of course not).

these are "stories-by-NOT-George", and as such, they are "optional" -- they "Expand Upon" GL's life work -- they are all kinds of fun -- but they are NOT for everybody.

and that's OK.

Last edited:
Reaction score
'on topic':

personally, I don't like the rose-gold. in the original movie, Leia's color palette was white-and-silver.

in keeping with that theme, I think this saber would look better with white accents instead of 'rose' accents.

either way, it's still a beautiful design for a lightsaber (don't get me wrong) ... but it just doesn't scream "Leia" to me.

for my money, I think it would look much better, if they had used her color-palette from the ANH movie.

Last edited:
Reaction score
re: choosing not to see the new movie.

I grew up with Splinter of the Mind's eye and the original Marvel comics run -- back in 1978, everyone understood the difference between 'stories-by-George' and 'stories-by-NOT-George' -- the 'stories-by-George' were essential, and everything else was optional.

newsflash: George is not making SW anymore.... so, now EVERYTHING is 'stories-by-NOT-George'. (we used to call it "EU" but I understand most "fans" don't like than moniker, so I will try to avoid it).

and, yes, I know. Disney has sold us their new Trilogy as the "official continuation" of GL's life work ... but the simple fact remains: GL is no longer working; this Orwellian Double-Think, is technically impossible.

just imagine, if JJ's latest movie was sold to us as the "official continuation" of Alfred Hitchcock's life work (when Alfred Hithcock is no longer working); or Picasso's life work; or Leonardo DaVinci's FFS -- the very premise is absurd.

as "fans", we MUST accept the Sequel Trilogy for what it is (or it becomes impossible to enjoy it): we must accept it, in the SAME context as Splinter of the Mind's Eye, and the original Marvel Comics run. (which I enjoyed the hell out of, btw).

these materials "Expand Upon" GL's life work. they are all kinds of fun. for some, (myself included), they are an essential part of their SW experience .. for others, they are OPTIONAL.

a lot of people didn't bother to see the clone wars theatrical release... does this mean they are not SW fans!? (of course not). and by the same token, a lot of people didnt bother to see the new disney movie... does this mean they are not SW fans? (of course not).

these are "stories-by-NOT-George", and as such, they are "optional" -- they "Expand Upon" GL's life work -- they are all kinds of fun -- but they are NOT for everybody.

and that's OK.
Here Here! And it doesn't make anybody wrong. Simply go your own way.

Reaction score
You can have a plaque made and get the signature directly from Daisy, that is what I am thinking to do. But I won't buy until these are delivered or in stock somewhere + we need all sabres from the new trilogy. Kylo, Leia, Luke repaired and Reys last one for sure. But since I am waiting for the Iron Man Direct Exclusive for (I forgot it already o_O)... 7 years now I do not have any high hopes?
Chris
I thought about that Chris but at that price point it should be there already. It might ALL go the Galaxy's Edge route.

Reaction score
Custom saber makers are taking a crack on the Leia saber now as we speak. If EFX have no plans to release it, I will probably go the custom route again for this one.

Reaction score
re: choosing not to see the movie

There's a difference between being a fan and being a fanatic. A fan is someone who likes something because it amuses him/her and makes him/her happy, but that amusement is experienced with an objective eye, without blindness of the mind and thus being able to discern what he or she estimates goes with his/her own preferences. Being a fanatic however, is someone enclosed in a belief or behavior involving uncritical zeal or with an obsessive enthusiasm. It's a redoubling effort and a forgotten aim. The fanatic displays very strict standards and little tolerance for contrary ideas or opinions. In other words if a fanatic likes a singer, he or she chooses to like everything that singer sings, no matter if a third of the songs are horrible, simply because he or she is willing to accept them all as an extension of the singer's repertoire.

As fans we must do nothing but to remain loyal to what we enjoy, no matter what anyone says. That is having objectivity in life, having individualism and being able to make our own choices. We do not need collective thinking. The minute we allow ourselves to be part of something because one group or another says it is the way to go, that's when we start to forget who we are and how we came to be. We do not need to accept anything we are not comfortable with. We do not need to accept or agree with anything that isn't up to our expectations.

In all, as people with an individual thinking brain, we have the ability to choose what best fits our intellect, our way of thinking. We can all share some common ground here and there. We can all like certain things and become fans of those things. But it is truly up to everyone of us how far we choose to go according to our own preferences The fact we choose a determined distance, being longer or shorter than others, does not make any of us less of a person nor lack self respect, nor lack knowledge of current changes, much less be grounds for abusive name calling. Be who you want to be, like what you like and allow others to do the same. If you do not like the ST movies, that's great; it's your choice. If you love them, that's great; it's your choice. Be you and don't go around insulting others nor calling them names simply because they do not subscribe to your visualization. Learn to be an open minded person so we can all harmoniously coexist.

That's all I'll say about this.