The Wookiee Storybook (1979)

Reaction score
I'm an old-skool SW fan, and have fond memories of reading "The Wookie Storybook" (1979) back in the day. To those who may be unfamiliar with this, it was a short, illustrated children's book that told the story of Chewbacca & his family, and IIRC there is even a page?! which mentions Han's freeing Chewie from the Imperials/slavers. This is also a great example of very early SW EU.

Here's the Wookiepedia Link: The Wookiee Storybook - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

Since this has been out-of-print for years, I would definitely like to see this reprinted at some point. I myself never had a copy, and would like one for my collection. Sure, I'm sure I could find one on Ebay or elsewhere online for a reasonable price, but it would be nicer to have a new copy (either HC or TPB).

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got The Wookiee Storybook when I was a kid, and still have it.

Yeah, there's a page describing how Han saves Chewie and the other Wookiees from slavers.
The illustration depicts the slavers as looking kind of similar to Bossk's race (or Trandoshans as the Expanded Universe calls them), which is sort of neat as the book was published in 1979.

It's definitely a great little book.

Reaction score
man, if the passion for such a book is that great, its worth the 12 bucks to score an older one on ebay, I have done it many times and it's well worth it.

Reaction score
I never had it as a kid, but I picked one up off eBay a couple years ago. A delightful vintage artifact, especially being focused on Wookiees!

Reaction score
Still want to see this all-but-forgotten The Wookiee Storybook reprinted, maybe with some extras in the back. I could get one of the original copies, but I don't like old books, and none of the ones I've seen are in decent shape.

Reaction score
I got one last year on ebay, pretty darn satisfied w/ it, there are still some decent ones out there man, treat yaself!!

Reaction score
....maybe they'll bundle it w/ the Ewoks/Droids series BDs :awesome:..LOL, us old school fans always gettin' the short end of the gimer stick! But, I'm sooooo glad we got more LEGO SW specials coming :rolleyes:
Still want to see this all-but-forgotten The Wookiee Storybook reprinted, maybe with some extras in the back. I could get one of the original copies, but I don't like old books, and none of the ones I've seen are in decent shape.

Last edited:
Reaction score
....maybe they'll bundle it w/ the Ewoks/Droids series BDs :awesome:..LOL, us old school fans always gettin' the short end of the gimer stick!
Yeah, the Ewoks/Droids series need to be put on DVD/Blu-ray ASAP - and, it would be nice if they had some kind of limited edition (maybe a Target/Best Buy exclusive) which included The Wookiee Storybook; I wouldn't even mind a smaller, more compact version - which would fit more into a comic box. However, that would all be extremely unlikely - though nice if it were to actually happen ;)

Reaction score
....maybe they'll bundle it w/ the Ewoks/Droids series BDs :awesome:..LOL, us old school fans always gettin' the short end of the gimer stick! But, I'm sooooo glad we got more LEGO SW specials coming :rolleyes:
'Like' for "short end of the gimer stick".

Reaction score
Bumping my almost 7-year old thread because we still haven't gotten The Wookie Storybook reprinted. Would like to see this at some point. Though, with the decreasing popularity of books/printed media - the chances of this ever coming out (again) are less likely as time goes by.

Last edited: