The Walking Dead Figures (TV & Comics)

Reaction score
Picked these up at TRU this morning @ $14.99 each

Reaction score
Tatooine, Taris, Korriban and Ontario, Canada.
Alright guys, normally I don't do this because I figure toy collecting is caveat emptor, but I just received the Walking Dead TV figures in the mail today and they are absolutely HORRIBLE. I am writing this as a written information that I was simply beyond disappointed when I opened the box and I am extremely disappointed with McFarlane Toys for the poor paint applications, ugly joints and "action features" seriously, a wind up zombie with big ugly white walking claws attached to his brown shoes.

This is just ridiculous, the wind up zombie is a joke. Aside from those claws allowing the thing to walk, there is a big, bulky winder on his back. The only DECENT (and I use that term exceptionally loosely)figure in the set is Rick. Daryl is probably the worst, super tiny hands, ugly, bulky joints and the paint apps make him look like he has down syndrome.

Unbelievable that McFarlane used to be a juggernaut in the collecting hobby, now his stuff looks like the early Resident Evil crap from Toy Biz.

I will be selling these ASAP and Todd McFarlane will never, EVER see another penny of my money. Not through Walking Dead figures, not through the Sports Picks or any other movie license he might pick up.

I am finished with McFarlane Toys.

Reaction score
Ouch... well, I guess that answers my question about the 'walking Walker'...

I was wanting the TV Series Rick, but now I dunno...

Any chance you'd be offing him cheaply?!?

And I hear you on the McFarlane thing. I used to be so awed by Spawn stuff when I was a kid. And I still love my Faces of Madness Jack the Ripper figure! Besides my Dead Space 2 Necromorph, he's probably the most grotesque thing in my collection!

Reaction score
I'd like to sell them as a set for what I paid, I'd probably be willing to let them go for a bit less.

I used to be pretty active on the Spawn forums, his early work was untouchable, even imports from Japan were trash next to McF stuff, Metal Gear Solid was probably my favourite line he did, this was my first complete set of figures and still have them to this day. I have all of the holographic figures in package and a Vulcan Raven in package too..

Anyway, why I mention the message boards was because back in the day he asked us collectors if we would be willing to sacrifice detail for quality or quality for detail, I don't remember which, but the results were overwhelming and it ended up that we got a terrible product. I have no doubt he is offshoring certain licenses and doesn't really listen to his community any more.

Very disappointing. Anyways, if you're interested in the figures, I am sure we can work out a deal that would make both parties happy. Shoot me an IM if you like!

Reaction score
Saw these in a TRU today... ouch, Rick's face looks SOOO bad. And is he permanently in that hunched posture? And that paint... it looks just primed to rub off at the joints...

So... needless to saw, I'm going to have to decline your offer, Calo!

Reaction score
You'd think a company with such a hot property that attracts all sorts of demographics would care enough to make a great product.

Reaction score
Saw these in a TRU today... ouch, Rick's face looks SOOO bad. And is he permanently in that hunched posture? And that paint... it looks just primed to rub off at the joints...

So... needless to saw, I'm going to have to decline your offer, Calo!
:D I don't blame you at all, my friend. I might have a hard time getting rid of these..

Reaction score
^^
Yeah, I saw these in person the other day and was very disappointed. The paint apps in particular were pretty atrocious.

Reaction score
I have this $3 TRU coupon burning a hole in my pocket that expires the 13th, so I went in today and tried to talk myself into buying somehting from the TV series wave.

I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Rick and Darryl look so bad.

Reaction score
Any of you guys getting or have got TWD mini busts. I got the Bicycle Girl Zombie bust and it is AWESOME. Neca through out all the stops for this one. I have ordered the Biting Zombie figure(Fingers Crossed) I hope big Mc doesn't screw up the zombies. I know they have had issues in the past with human likenesses but zombies aren't specific sculpts. Did the get the paint right on the zombies at least? I'll paint it if I have to but I hope I don't.

Reaction score
There was a big Walking Dead presence out at Image Expo in Oakland this weekend. Nothing too terribly exciting in terms of anything we haven't already seen, but some cool looking displays anyways. Plus Norman Reedus and Steven Yeun were signing. I think I want to like these figures a lot more than I do. They seem stuck somewhere between the usual awesome McFarlane statue-figures and some attempt at actual articulation. More pictures below.

[h=3]Report: The Walking Dead at Image Expo 2012[/h]

Reaction score
Didn't realize there was a convention in Oakland. Dang missed it.

That said, I can't wait to see the Figures for TV Series 2. If they are planning to release in Oct 2012 don't they should already have prototypes that they could showed instead of cardboards? sheesh..

Reaction score
Reaction score
yeah kinda wish they did em in the joe scale and made em 2 packs like hero/zombie. so 4 sets mean 4 hero characters and 4 zombies. don't really need action features other than pop off parts or something. kinda like the palisades army of darkness. also if they used hasbro type plastic.

Reaction score
I saw the TV Series at Wal-Mart today hiding in the clearance aisle, they scanned as $11.97. It looked to me like the paint jobs were better than those I had seen at TRU and Hastings months ago. I think I might go back tomorrow and see if they still have a Rick.

Reaction score
I love the tv show but haven't read the comics at all.
Saw mwctoys review of the TV versions of Rick and Daryl and I think they got it spot on.
shame, cus I would have pulled the trigger on these if they'd been better.
Think I'll save the money and buy the walking dead comic books instead...

Last edited:
Reaction score
These figs are nice. Series 2 will have more zombies and Shane. Love the zombie, just wish they would make more of the main characters.

Reaction score
Series 2 - Nice

I like the assortment, especially the Shane pose. Good to have three zombies to build that army. The popularity of the show is definitely driving the lineup....curious why a Comic Series 2 wasn't planned? Obviously, it's all about business and generating profit to sell the next line...so hopefully enough Comic Series 1 was sold to justify somewhere in the future.

Here's my online wishlist of future Walking Dead figures.

http://braincramp.com/show_list.php?id=76

Anyone read World War Z by Max Brooks? I really enjoyed it. Takes zombie stories to a different perspective. A movie version with Brad Pitt is slated for release in 2013. Would be great to have some toys from that to continue to build a zombie army.

Cheers!

Reaction score
Was doing an SDCC 2012 search on ebay and there will be a poncho covered Michonne, exclusive to the San Diego Comic Con. No photos of the figure but the packaging looks great.