The Walking Dead - Comic Book Series Discussion

Reaction score
Okay....here we go.

This will keep the comic book discussion out of the AMC's The Walking Dead thread.

Who else is ready for ............

ALL OUT WAR

Last edited:
Reaction score
THANK YOU! i hate going in to see if there are updates on the show and people are just talking about the comics which i dnt care about.

Reaction score
Okay, I'll bite. I'm hoping that at some point, we get back to this being about how they're dealing with the aftermath of the zombie apocalypse. There have been virtually zero zombies for many months now. While I understand it is also about how society devolves, watching people fight other people is something that I can get a lot of other places. I read this book for zombies :) Having said that, still love it.

Reaction score
I'm anxious to see what the aftermath will be following AOW.

I don't see Hilltop & the Kingdom surviving a major battle. Which is exciting since whatever survivors remain will surely be on the run.

Any guesses on major deaths during this arc?

Could Andrea or Michonne's time to depart occur???

Reaction score
Well....problem solved. But I tell ya, you're missing out.
i dont mean for it to sound offensive or anything. i believe you, im sure its amazing. but i dont read comics or books i just dont enjoy reading like i use to its too time consuming for me. and since the books and show arent exactly the same it was sort of frustrating hearing things that could be spoilers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i dont mean for it to sound offensive or anything. i believe you, im sure its amazing. but i dont read comics or books i just dont enjoy reading like i use to its too time consuming for me. and since the books and show arent exactly the same it was sort of frustrating hearing things that could be spoilers.
I'm not into comics either but I finally made an exception for TWD. It's VERY good, some of the best comic narrative I've ever read (I used to follow them a lot more).

Complete your life and go pick up a few omnibuses. You seriously will not regret it.

Reaction score
Finally someone talks about the comics. I don't follow this series, but everywhere I go it's like no one knows the book is out. Although I guess you guys have also talked about it in the TV thread, anywho just want to voice my frustration(?).

Reaction score
Just finished the last three issues. They are definitely building up to something big. It would have been nice if Rick would have actually been successful in taking Negan out, but what fun would that be? :grin:

I believe Kirkman is trying to make Negan out to be more of a psycho than the Governor and not kill him off too soon.

Issue 110 was kind of meh to me. The whole kingdom of Ezekiel is out there and seeing the softening of Michonne doesn't fit her character too much either. Michonne as the bad *** should continue. I understand character development, but turning soft during the zombie apocalypse will only get you killed.

Issue 113 can't get here soon enough.

Last edited:
Reaction score
When does #113 hit?

Obviously someone has to save Rick's ***!

I ****ing love that ****ity **** Negan. :)

Reaction score
It looks like Rick and company are going to need a larger army!

Thanks for posting when the new issue is coming out.

Reaction score
My SDCC SWAG arrived today - thanks to my bud ...Scummer OCWan!!!

Diggin' these tees BIG TIME.

Which is your favorite?

Reaction score
The Saviors shirt... that is just too frigging cool. But the Gov figure is a close second!
Yeah, the appearance of "Lucille" certainly gives it an extra juicy, cool boost.

Survivors probably gets top billing via me. B)

With that said, probably will wear Hilltop to a cookout I'm going to this evening.....where I fully expect many clueless looks. BUT, there is TWD logo on the top back.

Reaction score
The subtle references are my favorite kind of shirt. Like your shirts are way better than the TWD ones they've gotten at WM or Macy's. I don't like to be so blunt with my nerdiness.

For example, I have an OCP shirt instead of a straight Robocop, Aperture Laboratories (Portal 2), Nostromo crew patch shirt (ALIEN), Los Pollos Hermanos (Breaking Bad), so on and so on.

You have to be into stuff to get my shirts!

Reaction score
Looks like issue 115 is going to have 12 different covers that 10 connect for one big scene and a sketch cover as well. They're also releasing a color version of issue 1 to celebrate 10 years.

Can we say money grab?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks like issue 115 is going to have 12 different covers that 10 connect for one big scene and a sketch cover as well. They're also releasing a color version of issue 1 to celebrate 10 years.

Can we say money grab?

Definitely. C'mon Kirkman, I expect better from you. Multiple covers for #100 is forgivable, that's an impressive milestone in comics these days, but doing it again a year and a half later? Pffft... weak.

Reaction score
Everyone needs something to cure them of being a completist - for me it was Episode I. :)

Reaction score
New cover reveals!

Issue #115 Releases on October 9th

12 COVERS
A: Regular cover by Charlie and Dave
B-K: 10 connecting covers celebrating 10 years of TWD by Charlie and Dave
L: Blank cover

ALL OUT WAR begins!
The biggest storyline in Walking Dead history–just in time to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the series! It’s Rick versus Negan with a little help from everyone else!

Issue #116 Releases on November 13th

Issue #117 Releases on November 27th

Trade Paperback Volume #19 MARCH TO WAR Releases on November 13th

Last edited:
Reaction score
The dude with the dreads and the sword looks like George Clinton. I haven't made it all that far in the comics so I don't know who he is yet. He looks ready to drop some funkadelic bombs on some biters.

Reaction score
I was just reading the recent Invincible trade paperback and they poke fun at themselves for the whole cover/completist exploitation thing!

Not that that excuses them...

Reaction score
Just finished ISSUE #113 - what a fantastic issue. Great stuff here folks.

And, as always, leaves me salivating for more dead.

#LUCILLE

Reaction score
Just finished ISSUE #113 - what a fantastic issue. Great stuff here folks.

Yep, me too, about 30 seconds ago.

One of the most tense issues, and they're still building up to a resolution. Can't give away spoilers, but I was anticipating something not good the entire issue. Did it happen? Gotta read it to find out.

Ian

Reaction score
  Spoiler:  
I'm kind of guessing Andrea is going to help save the day but maybe not before a few get their heads bashed in. Will take her some time to pull herself together and get her rifle back obviously. Negan will have enough time to start the executions. Then she'll wound him or Lucille, or start taking out his men too quickly and they'll take off to regroup...leading to all out war???

Last edited:
Reaction score
Gotta go pick my issue up!! It was difficult not to read what you guys wrote but I made it to the bottom of the page without seeing anything!

Reaction score
One of the most tense issues, and they're still building up to a resolution. Can't give away spoilers, but I was anticipating something not good the entire issue. Did it happen? Gotta read it to find out.

Ian
Man...I was afraid to turn pages this issue! LOVE IT!!!

Reaction score
Gotta go pick my issue up!! It was difficult not to read what you guys wrote but I made it to the bottom of the page without seeing anything!
Dave..bud. ..what gives? Need your thoughts on this issue!!!

Reaction score
Dave..bud. ..what gives? Need your thoughts on this issue!!!
I know, I am a slacker! :wtf:

Finally got around to reading it. I hate the fact that I get through these issues so fast. When I first started to read the series I had the first compendium and kept reading until I needed a break. Now I want to keep reading and don't need the break!! Grrr! It is a vicious cycle.

Any ways, thought the issue was good. Everyone is right, something has to happen to get Negan away from Rick so the all out war can begin. Andrea is in no shape to do much of anything, her gun fell out of the bell tower. Jesus to the rescue! Maybe literally and figuratively! :grin:

But, I do think Carl doesn't stand much of a chance of getting out of this alive. I think his number might be up and he is going to be the major character killed off during the war. I hope I'm wrong, because if he does, Rick pretty much doesn't have much to live for, except maybe Andrea, assuming she survives the upcoming war.

I do kind of miss the walker threat though . . . Doesn't seem to have much of that in the comics anymore.

Reaction score
Issue 115 cover #1 has been released. While I plan on getting only one cover, I thought I would post this for those interested.

Reaction score
These daily reveals are gonna be fun! Thanks for posting Dave.

Ohh, I am heading back to the beginning - #1 and rereading the entire series! Especially in light of my hunch of what is being filmed right now for the show. So pumped if they are filming what I am 99% sure they are filming.