The Vinyl Cape Jawa and DT Saber Disc. Thread (x2)

Reaction score
I think ill tell him that might be something to look at. He doesn't collect toys, he just loves jawa's and has been buying em for years. I just thought that was funny. Not sure where he woulda got a repro though, so who knows. did they ever make a repro to scale with the cloak?

Reaction score
I think ill tell him that might be something to look at. He doesn't collect toys, he just loves jawa's and has been buying em for years. I just thought that was funny. Not sure where he woulda got a repro though, so who knows. did they ever make a repro to scale with the cloak?
Repros are everywhere, mostly online, but still, they can be found often.

And the cloaked Jawa isn't as rare or desirable so it's less likely to be a repro, though I'm pretty sure there are some floating around there.

But it is possible he's sitting on a nice sum of cash. He doesn't have a LEGO Jawa? ;)

Reaction score
That's weird. I told the guy a few days ago that I'd take the lot and made arranvements to pick them up in a few minutes

update:
The guy never showed up, I called and emailed and have got no response.

Another update
The listing disappeared, and the vinyl cape jawa was listed by its self for $100 but the seller hasnt responded since Wednesday. Zhamlau you realy screwed me over

Last edited:
Reaction score
This listing for a loose DT Vader recently popped up on eBay and the question everyone is asking is "Real/Fake?" - some bidders seem to be convinced its legit

Reaction score
The vinyl cape Jawa is worth more. Depending on what variation you have it could be very valuable. However, the cloth cape could be very rare as well if it was made south of the border.

I have got one of each, vinyl and cloth, which one is worth more?

Reaction score
Well I got a great deal on a blue snag from a RS member so I suppose it is inevitable that eventually down the road ill need the vinyl jawa. Pricing on ebay seems to be around $500 ungraded, is that the norm? Have prices gone up in recent years or are they about the same? Ive seen some better prices on here, and I'd prefer to get one from some reputable Scummer at some point.

Just trying to prepare my bank account for the future shock when it happens.

Last edited:
Reaction score
[SUP]prices gone up quite a bit On VC Jawa's i know i bought one in 2006 for less the 200Usd (mint condition), i think now you really hard pressed to find a mint one for less then 300. [/SUP]

Reaction score
Legit or not? Did a VC Jawa ever come on anything beside a 12-back?! This is a local guy trying to sell this to me....

Reaction score
Hi Lemcool!

The Kenner version only appeared on 12backs. I think I've seen this on Ebay listed as a re-card with vintage figure, bubble and cardback. Though the wrong cardback. But I wouldn't trust anything about this MOC, and please keep far far away from it.

Carded 1977 Kenner Star Wars Genuine Vinyl Cape Jawa Original Card Bubble | eBay

It is indeed the same one, and if the seller tries to sell it to you as a genuine VC Jawa MOC, he/she is a scammer. Big time.

Reaction score
Hi Lemcool!

The Kenner version only appeared on 12backs. I think I've seen this on Ebay listed as a re-card with vintage figure, bubble and cardback. Though the wrong cardback. But I wouldn't trust anything about this MOC, and please keep far far away from it.

Carded 1977 Kenner Star Wars Genuine Vinyl Cape Jawa Original Card Bubble | eBay

It is indeed the same one, and if the seller tries to sell it to you as a genuine VC Jawa MOC, he/she is a scammer. Big time.
Thanks for noticing the same photo, Duskamp! He is indeed a scammer. His name is Phil Wong and he is from Cincinnati. I just posted a thread about the situation and his blatant misinformation. Thanks again for validating my fears!

Reaction score
Correct COO for vinyl cape Jawa

Wad up... Hey just double checking that the COO for a correct vinyl cape Jawa should be between the G and the K, correct (see below)? The cape looks correct but it doesn't appear to be the correct COO. Thoughts on COO?

Mynock

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Mynock, the coo looks good to me, the coo with the G aligning with the G and the one with the g aligning with the F are both OK for the vinyl cape jawa.

Reaction score
Hello...new member...excuse my ignoranceI saw one of these on eBay which didn't sell for it starting bid of $450...by a guy going by Isdmp3...looks the real deal going by the photos but looking at previous sales of these figures, u could expect to go for 3-4k???? Cheers

Reaction score
Reaction score
VC Jawa on ebay

Check out this site- it basically goes down the list. This figure this guy already has a $450 bid on is a fake. And this site and its evidence proves it. Check out where the bubble is and its size. Case closed.

Vinyl Caped Jawa Action Figure (The Canadian Star Wars Gallery)

Hello...new member...excuse my ignoranceI saw one of these on eBay which didn't sell for it starting bid of $450...by a guy going by Isdmp3...looks the real deal going by the photos but looking at previous sales of these figures, u could expect to go for 3-4k???? Cheers

Reaction score
Anybody around that would mind taking a look at a DT Luke for me? I'm fairly certain it's authentic, but I'd like another set of eyes with more experience than mine.

Reaction score
EDIT: please ignore my ignorance :whistling:

I just saw Post #96 where gerrit says:
F over G and G over G

Thats that then. There are two versions of legit COO on a VC Jawa.

Man, am ai relieved....

Don't bother reading below the line :oops:
-----------------------------------------------------------

Guys, I need your help:

I recently bought another VC Jawa but it has a different COO than my first one.

Regarding this image from the Imperialgunnery forum: http://r25.imgfast.net/users/2511/13/96/10/album/jawa10.jpg

I have numbers 1 and 4. Are they both legit for a VC Jawa?

Than I read along a couple of threads and searched for images but I couldn't find a hint to what must be THE real VC Jawa COO, if there is any ...

Appreciate your wisdom, thanks in advance and sorry, if I just missed something along the lines ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
EDIT: please ignore my ignorance :whistling:

I just saw Post #96 where gerrit says:
F over G and G over G

Thats that then. There are two versions of legit COO on a VC Jawa.

Man, am ai relieved....

Don't bother reading below the line :oops:
-----------------------------------------------------------

Guys, I need your help:

I recently bought another VC Jawa but it has a different COO than my first one.

Regarding this image from the Imperialgunnery forum: http://r25.imgfast.net/users/2511/13/96/10/album/jawa10.jpg

I have numbers 1 and 4. Are they both legit for a VC Jawa?

Than I read along a couple of threads and searched for images but I couldn't find a hint to what must be THE real VC Jawa COO, if there is any ...

Appreciate your wisdom, thanks in advance and sorry, if I just missed something along the lines ...
It's ok if you new to this stuff (like me).

Reaction score
in a nutshell theres two confirmed coo for the vjc.

so the canadian vcj info site needs updating as that states there is only one

Reaction score
I would ask for a better picture or two.
From the pictures you uploaded, the cape doesn't look like a legit vinyl cape as there's no obvious pattern.

Reaction score
I would ask for a better picture or two.
From the pictures you uploaded, the cape doesn't look like a legit vinyl cape as there's no obvious pattern.
Thanks. I may just stay clear. It looked like his Obi Wan and Luke had repro sabers too, so I'm out. Thanks again for the 2nd set of eyes.

Reaction score
Time to bump this for another VC Jawa. I purchased this, loose, in 1995. Date on leg is correct, arm holes are tight and the cape seems to be the right color, length and has a pattern (doesn't look crosshatched and that's the major concern). I'm 99% certain it's a fake but I look to you for final judgement!

Now... the pix!

Thank you for your input!

Last edited:
Reaction score
1oo% fake/repro cape. The coo is incorrect also for a Jawa that would be found with an authentic vinyl cape.

Reaction score
Hi board- was very fortunate to come into a VCJ- im sure the cape is legit and minty nice for sure!! the figure itself was a bit rough and no blaster...before I send this in to be graded can I get a few comments as to
the "correctness" of this figure and blaster to the vinyl cape jawa? Thanks in advance board!!!
Here goes:

Reaction score
Hi board- was very fortunate to come into a VCJ- im sure the cape is legit and minty nice for sure!! the figure itself was a bit rough and no blaster...before I send this in to be graded can I get a few comments as to
the "correctness" of this figure and blaster to the vinyl cape jawa? Thanks in advance board!!!
Here goes:
coo is wrong

Reaction score
Yes I heard back from a local buddy! OK so the hunt is on!- PM if you have the right jawa figure!!