The Vintage Collection - General Toy Discussion Thread

bac

Reaction score
Hasbro intend it to:
View attachment 406619
But that is a digital render and not the final product. I think it will fit but then again anything is possible.

Clearly the bone should have been included anyway.

I missed the bone render so glad to see it is designed to fit.

The fact that I missed it and watched the live stream means they didn't draw enough attention to it.

Reaction score
Bizarre, Just had an e-mail from Hasbro Pulse UK to say my order for the Rebel Fleet Trooper four pack is going to be shipping on December 16th before i even have a date for the Stormtrooper four pack which I ordered a while beforehand.
Same here. I didn't get a stormtrooper pack order in time though.

It jumped 4 months which is great since I just got some Tantive sets.

Reaction score
Perhaps. And I guess that point is now. If a 6”-scale CAP-2 is too hard to make even as a HasLab dream product, then it’s over. The whole thing. I’ll just retire on my four decades of collecting and they can **** ***.
wow you are quitting too?!

Reaction score
Sooo I'm guessing that since Jayson hasn't mentioned the Bib/Bo wave arriving to U.S. distribution centers, that this wave won't be hitting the estimated Dec release window.

Bittersweet cuz I really wanted this wave ASAP, but will be good to not have a bunch of charges show up before the holidays, heh.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Sooo I'm guessing that since Jayson hasn't mentioned the Bib/Bo wave arriving to U.S. distribution centers, that this wave won't be hitting the estimated Dec release window.
Is Wave 9 still listed somewhere as releasing in December? AFAIK, Target was the only one that still had a 12/1 date and that just got pushed back to 12/31. My other pre-orders have January or February dates.

Having said that, though, Yakface did state on IG that Wave 9 could be arriving earlier (i.e. December). The fact he hasn't mentioned it arriving yet really doesn't preclude a December release. For TBS '22 Wave 1, he announced they were arriving in the states three days ago, and then a day later the first store sightings were reported in the PNW.

Reaction score
DST is still showing Dec. Normally I wouldn't put much stock in that, but I did get my Classified Snake Eyes & Timber set from them earlier than any other retailer had it listed for.

Reaction score
Posting here too.

Hasbro Pulse has their Season Savings event on. 11/25-11/29.

Use code HOLIDAY15 for Premium Members 15% off or HOLIDAY10 for non-members (specific items listed only).

Reaction score
Is Wave 9 still listed somewhere as releasing in December? AFAIK, Target was the only one that still had a 12/1 date and that just got pushed back to 12/31. My other pre-orders have January or February dates.

Having said that, though, Yakface did state on IG that Wave 9 could be arriving earlier (i.e. December). The fact he hasn't mentioned it arriving yet really doesn't preclude a December release. For TBS '22 Wave 1, he announced they were arriving in the states three days ago, and then a day later the first store sightings were reported in the PNW.
Wasn't it discussed back in summer when EE pushed eta of thier excl purge trooper from July to Nov that it mainly was for newer orders and thier system updates everyone's account to the new eta because some folks still got thiers in july/ Aug from ee despite thier acct updating to say eta nov? Maybe same thing is happening w/ wv9, all preorders just say March due to thier system set up but those early preorders can still see a late nov/Dec fullfillment...that's what I'm hoping for. I feel a bit like I'm "jonesing" for "new" tvc characters/figs. The recent lando wave, although nice, were mainly redos and ig11 still close enough to an ig88 that for me doesn't feel 100% new - from a certain p.o.v.

Reaction score
39 bids and over $7000? Good grief (Karga).

Somewhere amongst my boxes of stuff is a mis-boxed Toy Biz LOTR horse & rider set. Found that one years ago when the Two Towers toys were out. I should throw that on ebay and get at least $4k for it 🤡

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this one?

ebay link removed
Feels highly suspicious to me. Those two figures weren't part of the same wave, so the chances of an accidental card swap during production (such as the Zutton/Fett error cards from several months ago) seem unlikely. I smell recard. Chances are there's a bunch of shill bidding going on there too, especially since ebay has softened penalties against non-paying buyers.

Reaction score
ebay has softened penalties against non-paying buyers.
Another thing I realized after pealing back how the fees work is that by charging on your total, it means that I'm being charged a fee for the amount of sales tax the the buyer pays! WTF? I'm not even seeing that Money for F sake! :mad: I don't know what their problem is where they need to nickel and dime everything but half of this crap should be an FTC violation! It was bad enough when they started charging a fee on shipping, but on state Tax?!

This is why I don't understand how people are still even using their service anymore... Particularly just on resells of current items that are only a few dollars more than retail, you'd have to at least charge $25 on a TVC figure to make any kind of profit because with the fees and shipping costs it would cost a minimum of $20 and that doesn't include the various State sales tax that could add up to another $1.50 leaving you roughly $2-3 profit. Then what about packing material. lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Feels highly suspicious to me. Those two figures weren't part of the same wave, so the chances of an accidental card swap during production (such as the Zutton/Fett error cards from several months ago) seem unlikely. I smell recard. Chances are there's a bunch of shill bidding going on there too, especially since ebay has softened penalties against non-paying buyers.
I totally agree. No way that is legit.

Reaction score
Yes, both parties pay the same tax. It’s really hard to make any money there (unless you’re a pretty huge business).

Reaction score
Yes, both parties pay the same tax. It’s really hard to make any money there (unless you’re a pretty huge business).
Yeah, Ebay is really not the way to sell anything now except with a few exceptions. Small items like trading cards and (as of right now due to promotions) sneakers you can turn a profit. I dabble in many things like record albums and walkmans. For those items, I use forums live Steve Hoffman and Tapeheads to get around ebay and their fees. I am new here and as far as I can tell the classifieds are not as active as I would have thought. Maybe with the ever rising cost of ebay it will drive more people to sell here. In my opinion, it is not worth it to sell figures on ebay, especially new ones.

Reaction score
so it seems like this...one buys a case from say EE, pays tax on entire contents, tax is given to home state. Then he/she sell extras on ebay. Pays tax again on same items previously taxed on. Buyer buys item, pays tax again on previously taxed items. So if buyer coincidently lives in same state., that state receives 3x tax for 1 item.. A GENIOUS loophole

Reaction score
Surely those bids are fake. They have to be inflated. Right? I sure hope so…

Reaction score
Another thing I realized after pealing back how the fees work is that by charging on your total, it means that I'm being charged a fee for the amount of sales tax the the buyer pays! WTF? I'm not even seeing that Money for F sake! :mad: I don't know what their problem is where they need to nickel and dime everything but half of this crap should be an FTC violation! It was bad enough when they started charging a fee on shipping, but on state Tax?!

This is why I don't understand how people are still even using their service anymore... Particularly just on resells of current items that are only a few dollars more than retail, you'd have to at least charge $25 on a TVC figure to make any kind of profit because with the fees and shipping costs it would cost a minimum of $20 and that doesn't include the various State sales tax that could add up to another $1.50 leaving you roughly $2-3 profit. Then what about packing material. lol
You paying those fees in no different than any other vendor who takes credit cards as payment. The vendor is charged a fee for the credit card transaction for the entire amount. That includes the cost of the goods, shipping/handling, taxes, fees, duties, etc. etc. Why should any seller on eBay be any different?

Reaction score
I guess because most of us compartmentalize those charges. Maybe we shouldn’t, but it seems like some of them (especially something like shipping) should be separate charges. The taxes thing is definitely unfair, for sure. Oh well. I eat well enough.

Reaction score
You paying those fees in no different than any other vendor who takes credit cards as payment. The vendor is charged a fee for the credit card transaction for the entire amount. That includes the cost of the goods, shipping/handling, taxes, fees, duties, etc. etc. Why should any seller on eBay be any different?
Yes, it is different because you can opt out out accepting cards but you can't opt out of sales tax. Secondly the swipe fee on CC's is done one of two ways, it's either passed on to the buyer at POS or it's absorbed into the retailers pricing model. Just as retailers aren't about to absorb these higher shipping costs for goods, they're find a way to pass it onto the customer same as it's always been.

Thirdly ebay shouldn't be collecting a fee on any "Money" the seller isn't even getting, IMO they never even should have rolled that sales tax thing into service. After all when visitors come to states without a sales tax they're not charged so why should they be on ebay?
it's just another way to collect more Money from people to misspend on trivial BS and never actually improve anything, that's the part the upsets me the most! Yet no tax payer ever question where all that Money goes...

Reaction score
I think the sales tax tb ing came about because a couple " poor" stated got complaints from thier in state retailers that they were losing money due to internet sales so the gov of those couple states pushed for this tax fee and the feds went for it because more $$ for them too