The Vintage Collection - General Toy Discussion Thread

bac

Reaction score
The fact that Yak isn't sharing figure names yet but is for the latest TBS leaks tells me that unless they're exclusives, most of these figures are likely Spring 2022 and beyond.

Reaction score
We should also totally get figures of Gary Kurtz, Irvin Kershner, John Williams, Ben Burtt, Marcia Lucas, Dennis Muren, Phil Tippett, Stuart Freeborn, Joe Johnston, Lawrence Kasdan, Leigh Brackett, Alan Ladd, Jr., Akira Kurosawa, Frank Herbert, J.R.R. Tolkien, and Alex Raymond.
I do appreciate your point that all these people were instrumental in getting Star Wars made and that George ain't a one-man band. That said...I would buy all those figures.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
^ Same. A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one. Now, I feel less of a need to go out and search for any of that wave.

I see they still say Wave 8 on their listing, while some places say Wave 10. Personally, it almost makes sense for this to be Wave 9. Wave 8 being the Royal Guard re-pack, Wave 9 being the one with The Emperor, & Wave 10 being the one with Bo-Katan.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Oh boy, more code names. Get out your Little Orphan Annie decoder rings - then throw them into the trash because I guarantee 80% of these are repacks or repaints.

Why does YakFace even act cryptic about what scale certain characters will be in when he teases them, like The Client. Surprise, it’s TBS. it’s always TBS. Why even make a Nevarro Cantina playset if The Client is only in TBS? Why did they make the Razor Crest at all if almost all the Mando figures are prioritized for 6”?

Reaction score
Oh boy, more code names. Get out your Little Orphan Annie decoder rings - then throw them into the trash because I guarantee 80% of these are repacks or repaints.

Why does YakFace even act cryptic about what scale certain characters will be in when he teases them, like The Client. Surprise, it’s TBS. it’s always TBS. Why even make a Nevarro Cantina playset if The Client is only in TBS? Why did they make the Razor Crest at all if almost all the Mando figures are prioritized for 6”?
Aside from the Client, who do you want for the Nevarro playset and the Razor Crest that isn't already out or coming?

(Sometimes it works out for TVC since we got a better Ig-11 than TBS and we have the mythrol guy coming and TBS doesn't (yet)).

bac

Reaction score

Chin up, mate. New sculpts coming now or soon:

Lando
IG-11
Bo-Katan
Kuiil
Bib Fortuna
Lobot
Mythrol
Frigin D'an (theoretically)

Death Watch Trooper is probably a repaint, and a DUH one at that.

Mando will have decent Season 1 representation by the time the Crest arrives, plus those 4 Carbonite blocks. What sucks is that TVC fell behind in the first place and it will be nigh impossible to catch up to TBS while also catering to the Finish the 96 OT crowd/initiative.

For the Crest and Nevarro:

Mandalorian v1
Mandalorian (Beskar)
Mandalorian Build-Up Damaged w/Child
Mandalorian w/Cloth Cape*
The Child w/control knob*
The Child
Kuiil
IG-11
Mythrol*
Mythrol in Carbonite*
Greef Karga (S2)*
Cara Dune
Klatooinian Raider*
Offworld Jawa
Offworld Jawa Elder*
Bo-Katan
Remnant Stormtrooper
Death Trooper

*not in TBS

That's not too shabby. There are holes, of course BLURRG! but plenty of figures to interact with the Crest and Nevarro.

I know we hate exclusives, but they're the best way to get more figures outside the main line. I want MORE exclusives, but I want them handled better.

As for @Jayson acting cryptic, I'm sure he has his reasons. And no one ever said The Client would be TBS only. There could be a Retro and/or TVC one on the way as well.

I just started rewatching The Mandalorian. Maybe I'll do a post in that want list thread episode-by-episode to see where we're at.

Reaction score
I'd say any of these would be welcomed (Will never happen... too rando...but I'd buy 'em)
View attachment 402340
Ben Burtt, Rick McCallum
View attachment 402341
John Williams
View attachment 402342
Rob Coleman, Roger Guyett
View attachment 402344
Don Bies (Outlander Club)
View attachment 402345
John Knoll
View attachment 402346
Nick Gillard (stunt director)
View attachment 402349
Jeremy Bulloch
View attachment 402350
Gareth Edwards
View attachment 402351
Clint Howard

Oh cool, I didn't realize Don Bies was in the outlander club. He showed me his cameo as a spectator during the pod race when he's walking down the stairs, but he didn't mention the club scene.

Reaction score
why are we supposed to want them outside the main line though? i'd rather the main line be bigger and everything be in it.

bac

Reaction score
why are we supposed to want them outside the main line though? i'd rather the main line be bigger and everything be in it.

As do I, but I highly doubt that's realistic for retailers.

I do really hope we continue to get 5 new figures minimum per mainline wave like the Bo-Katan wave. That alone adds 4-5 additional new figures per year, or an extra wave.

Reaction score
If George was in the main line, chances are he would either be 1 per case (scalper bait) or pegwarm, because face it not EVERYONE wants a George Lucas figure. A fan channel release is the best way to ensure they hit the intended audience, whilst leaving a slot for a more general figure.
If they go to 5 per wave as a standard, they really need to up the case count to 10 pcs per case. If you order cases (many of us do) and you are an opener, and a carded collector, you get screwed over. I don't know what I am doing with a 3rd Lando, but I am probably going to have a harder time getting a single Teboo to supplement his 1 per case status.

Reaction score
I'm not so concerned with main line vs exclusives, because that's not going to change - half of TVC is going to remain exclusive, or we're not going to receive those figures, they've made that obvious. My issue is with superfluous fluff releases, when we could be getting movies characters that have never been released before. I think the big problem is that Hasbro tends to be cheap with the scale now, so they love any opportunity to do repaints or a retool with a new head (Lucas). Its obvious that TBS is no different, as that scale is loaded with repaints now too. The big difference though is that its new for that range, while the long term 3.75 collectors have seen it all. My hope is that they finish the 96 promptly, so we can get to more new media, and perhaps finally some decent TROS coverage. The coming years will only dump more content on our laps, and Hasbro has no chance to keeping up with the way the line and scale are currently managed.

Reaction score
Dammit, EE still not processing my order for the Lando/IG-11 case!

I want my two Emperors!!!

2dollars.jpg

bac

Reaction score
I would chalk up Mando Fett and Mando Ahsoka as in the can for TVC based on this Yak Face tease.

Possibly Mando w/Child in pouch as well as an easy repack. They'll have their card art done.

1633032566685.png

Reaction score
I'd totally welcome Death troopers, count me in for at least 6. As for the armorer....she is more of an accessory than a character :( kinda like having Lobot....:rolleyes:
He is awesome outside of the films....

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would chalk up Mando Fett and Mando Ahsoka as in the can for TVC based on this Yak Face tease.

Possibly Mando w/Child in pouch as well as an easy repack. They'll have their card art done.

View attachment 402486

Hopefully they appear in TVC as well, especially Ahsoka. As I've said before, Hasbro found a way to rebrand the basic 5 POA assortment, but this time at a higher pricepoint with no resistance, only open arms. I wonder if they ran Retro alongside TVC for all the Disney era movies if they would have easily been able to sell all these characters twice, as they'll be doing now?

Reaction score
That image has Retro in it as well, so I wouldn't get my hopes up too soon. Though I know both Mando versions Ahsoka and Fett have to come at some point in TVC. I think Fett could be sooner and be from BOBF, along with whatever armor repaints he adorns in the show.

I'd totally welcom Death troopers, count me in for at least 6.
You mean this one that's still available? With the one's that's supposedly coming in the Playset I think that figure has run its course and are are in need of other things first.

Reaction score
That image has Retro in it as well, so I wouldn't get my hopes up too soon. Though I know both Mando versions Ahsoka and Fett have to come at some point in TVC. I think Fett could be sooner and be from BOBF, along with whatever armor repaints he adorns in the show.

You mean this one that's still available? With the one's that's supposedly coming in the Playset I think that figure has run its course and are are in need of other things first.
I mean RETRO death troopers...lol