The Vintage Collection - General Toy Discussion Thread

bac

Reaction score
^ Good point. I complete forgot about the price difference.

I'll gladly take another wave of Finish the 96.

Reaction score
Hasbro going all-in on the Droids packaging aesthetic within the TVC brand tells me future select POTF cards with coins are very much in play. Especially any of the unproduced ones that only exist as proof cards today, or rare ones like Gammie, Nikto, etc. Why on earth did I sell my POTF Hoth Rebel Soldier proof card years ago. Stupid.
Yes this was nice to see as it shows hope for breaking out of the TVC only mold, no pun intended, and possibly seeing more like it for other media. Though I'm no fan of POTF cards/coins it may actually happen.

Anyway, there are 3 more of these Target exclusive LFL 50th figures coming. I'm thinking they're EWOKS repaints based on this reveal.
Going simply on the price of those 3 being $14 versus $16, if we're speaking of Periwinkle, Violet and Mauve codenames that is, I'd say they're not Target Exclusives nor on media specific cards like Droids but mainline TVC releases. That said, the same thought did occur to me. It's possible that those three contain the Airborne Mandalorian, Ahsoka's 501st trooper , and ????

Reaction score
^ but each having a unique dpci does suggest target exclusive and i think yakface even reported that they are.
^ Good point. I complete forgot about the price difference.

I'll gladly take another wave of Finish the 96.
i'm still hoping periwinkle is that 332nd cw trooper and now with the addition of the 2 others, those 2 would be Mandalorian Loyalist and Mandalorian Super Commando. I had hoped these 3 would've been the sdcc/pulse con excl 3 pk this year

Reaction score
It made me really happy that they were releasing these... Driods R2 and 3PO are two of my favorite figures of all time. I was really hopeful to get that Fett, maybe at launch! This guy will do until then.

Y1K7SUn.jpg

Reaction score
The one good thing that old figure has going for it is the accurate included holster, where as the new one does not which is unfortunate. It's also sad he doesn't come with the accurate rifle from the show. I get it that by the time they made Animated Fett that mold has already made it's Money back so adding new tooling was cost effective on that release.

That said, the Vintage figure didn't come with those either and I assume they're going for that aesthetic over anything. and it's a perfect excuse not to include extras. lol

Reaction score
^ in that case shouldn't R2 include at least a lightsaber hilt afterall the Bar2-D2 mold this looks to be repainted, originally incl a saber hilt. AND C-3PO should've been a BaD mold, not a bad mold since the kenner version was a repaint of removable limb-3PO. Funny how w/ 1 thing hasbro says they wish to stay true to orig aesthetic but then on the next item they do not.

bac

Reaction score
When it comes to repaints I feel like Hasbro is going to go with whatever mold is most accessible and cost effective, accurate details be damned. I doubt retailers flipping the bill for these exclusives care as long as they make their share.

The fact these exist at all in any capacity feels like a small miracle.

Reaction score
True. Wile I don't know what production run these there were included in, they must have been made in the same factory as the wave prior to or after because you don't just utilize 3 molds and call it a day. It would be interesting to know at what phase these three broke off and when to a different art department, or how a running change like this is handled. Otherwise it possible we'd see a figure like Bib on a Droids card right?

Reaction score
Saw this today on Ebay

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210924-110210_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210924-110210_Samsung Internet.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
When it comes to repaints I feel like Hasbro is going to go with whatever mold is most accessible and cost effective, accurate details be damned. I doubt retailers flipping the bill for these exclusives care as long as they make their share.

The fact these exist at all in any capacity feels like a small miracle.

Reaction score
I like that they included coins but they'll probably overcharge for these as a result. I hate that they included Boba "Scalper's Friend" Fett again.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
That said, the same thought did occur to me. It's possible that those three contain the Airborne Mandalorian, Ahsoka's 501st trooper , and ????
i'm still hoping periwinkle is that 332nd cw trooper and now with the addition of the 2 others, those 2 would be Mandalorian Loyalist and Mandalorian Super Commando. I had hoped these 3 would've been the sdcc/pulse con excl 3 pk this year
All those listed are army builders. Do you know how much of a clusterfrak that would be having them Target exclusives? I'd rather them be mainline or fan channel releases so there's wider availability.

Reaction score
If anyone that ordered theTarget Droids exclusives ends up with Buyer’s Remorse, I was buried in work and totally forgot about the Pre-Order. I’m looking for the 6” as well as one of each of the 3.75”.👎

Last edited:

bac

Reaction score
I thought the same when I saw that post.

I feel like it was about a month after the first Maul/Ahsoka Target sighting before EE got theirs and shipped.

EE has had this case listed for October which falls right in line with the first Target sighting per above.

Reaction score
Well If i get my EE case b4 local target, I guess I'll have a few extra to unload. I wonder if 12.99 still at target or if price increased to 13.99 on this wave.

Reaction score
Slightly clearer pic. These look so damn good! Do wish Lando's cape was flared out behind him a bit more though. Really jealous of these people who live in magical parts of the country, where they can just wander into Target any ol' time and find new waves. Must be nice. I ordered the case through EE, so hope I get it next month!

TVC_IG11_lando_target.jpg

Reaction score
Slightly clearer pic. These look so damn good! Do wish Lando's cape was flared out behind him a bit more though. Really jealous of these people who live in magical parts of the country, where they can just wander into Target any ol' time and find new waves. Must be nice. I ordered the case through EE, so hope I get it next month!

TVC_IG11_lando_target.jpg

Now we just need a much better Bespin Han to stick next to him!

Reaction score
This wave was originally listed for October on Yakface's 2021 list before officially revealed. I feel manufactures are dramtically overestimating their ship dates as a fail safe with shipping challenges currently.

bac

Reaction score
I was ironically at a west coast Target today and it was the same barren wasteland it always is.

Reaction score
You and me both, friend. The last several times I’ve been in ANY store, there haven’t really been any pegs to speak of, much less any figures on them.

Reaction score
Does this mean the Ashoka wave got lapped, or is it going to be like the Crait Luke wave? Pops up then poof gone?

Reaction score
Here’s some pics of the cards and the figures for you guys! Unfortunately I missed the Emperor and Teebo so nothing on them until restocks start hitting.

Attachments

• 4F8ED55D-7906-495B-AB97-4AE8E9967854.jpeg
    4F8ED55D-7906-495B-AB97-4AE8E9967854.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 47
  • 0D8D0344-6A2D-4152-84EB-5286E61E2278.jpeg
    0D8D0344-6A2D-4152-84EB-5286E61E2278.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 66
  • AFF885E0-AF03-4555-9BE9-2047F98E799E.jpeg
    AFF885E0-AF03-4555-9BE9-2047F98E799E.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 70
  • 256908DC-B77A-431D-8E24-880AD3D2D955.jpeg
    256908DC-B77A-431D-8E24-880AD3D2D955.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 65
Reaction score
This wave was originally listed for October on Yakface's 2021 list before officially revealed. I feel manufactures are dramtically overestimating their ship dates as a fail safe with shipping challenges currently.
And then some retailers ,not all, are holding onto that estimate thinking it's a hard street date. That's what frustrating.

Reaction score
Will retro follow suit and release these 3 from droids?? I hope so. I do think vintage and retro have been releasing the same or at least that's what they did for ESB and The Mandalorian figures

Reaction score
Will retro follow suit and release these 3 from droids?? I hope so. I do think vintage and retro have been releasing the same or at least that's what they did for ESB and The Mandalorian figures
If they do then I'm totally in! Wonder how they'll compare to Stan Solo's pieces.

Reaction score
I think they made a lot more this go around. I missed out on the 3 3/4 figure so hopefully I'll snag one in store or I'll resort to ebay...

Reaction score
Agreed, that's why I don't understand the split torso, in most cases it doesn't increase range of motion at all. And if you want a figure to bend over slightly you can achieve that with at the hip joint.
Now we just need a much better Bespin Han to stick next to him!
Aside from a few issues I never understood the hate for the existing figure, a totally new head sculpt and better hips/legs would do wonders. But I don't feel a whole new sculpt is needed of that look compared to a much more needed ROTJ figure, and to a lesser degree an updated ANH figure. There are IMO bigger battles to be fought and other figures in more need of updating than that Bespin Han. Not to mention the need of unmade figures still needing the spotlight, so perhaps in another 10-15 years when that sculpt it totally dated like AOTC Bail Organa is now.

Reaction score
Agreed, that's why I don't understand the split torso, in most cases it doesn't increase range of motion at all. And if you want a figure to bend over slightly you can achieve that with at the hip joint.

Aside from a few issues I never understood the hate for the existing figure, a totally new head sculpt and better hips/legs would do wonders. But I don't feel a whole new sculpt is needed of that look compared to a much more needed ROTJ figure, and to a lesser degree an updated ANH figure. There are IMO bigger battles to be fought and other figures in more need of updating than that Bespin Han. Not to mention the need of unmade figures still needing the spotlight, so perhaps in another 10-15 years when that sculpt it totally dated like AOTC Bail Organa is now.

His proportions are just off all around. Arms too bulky, torso weirdly shaped, giant hands, and the flared ankles. In truth, I think every main costume version of Han needs an update, but I tend to get a lot of pushback on that.

Reaction score
I don't totally disagree, if it were still 07-12 where we don't have new media coming out the wazoo I'd agree with this idea more. I personally just have bigger fish to fry and a different want than rehashing old stuff over and over.