The Vintage Collection - General Toy Discussion Thread

Reaction score
2004 Dagobah Luke > Cave of Evil Luke (especially when you add in the Dagobah environment pieces. Those were so great)
2007 Bespin Luke > 2010/20 Bespin Luke....sorry but the below-the-waist construction on the newer Luke just doesn't work for me. I have the 2007 Bespin Luke standing just outside my 1980 Dagobah Cave playset. To me, he fits well in that kind of scene.

And I still don't think we have an acceptable ANH Tatooine Luke. As much as I like soft goods, I just don't think it works at that scale for that figure.

Reaction score
I took a chance tonight, and am pretty curious how it will work out. Best Buy had TVC figures back in stock. So I placed an order, and will see what wave actually shows up at my door. It will be almost the end of the week, but I'll be sure to post what arrives.

Reaction score
I thought about doing the same but I live so far away that returning them isn't cost effective, I can't see them having anything newish beyond that Wolffe wave anyways.

Reaction score
Bold! I never understood the logic of why a site would offer 'blind' items. Seems like it would just be driving tons of returns into their stores. Unless I wanted every figure in the assortment, and didn't have any other ordering options across the various e-tailers, I don't think I'd ever order in such a way.

Reaction score
I was out and about yesterday and did a toy run:

3 Walmarts—no TVC pegs
2 Targets—one empty TVC peg
1 Best Buy—one Greef

Reaction score
If we get an all-new Farmboy Luke in the next few years that many have been clamoring for, would y’all prefer all plastic or soft-goods for his tunic? Or maybe a hybrid?

How many accessories minimum for a basic figure? I’d honestly be happy with just the Skywalker saber.

How many accessories would justify a deluxe/ build-up release? I could see him coming with a hat, poncho, binoculars, rifle, training droid, helmet, shuttle model, stormtrooper belt, etc. He used a lot of different stuff in that outfit.

Reaction score
If we get an all-new Farmboy Luke in the next few years that many have been clamoring for, would y’all prefer all plastic or soft-goods for his tunic? Or maybe a hybrid?

How many accessories minimum for a basic figure? I’d honestly be happy with just the Skywalker saber.

How many accessories would justify a deluxe/ build-up release? I could see him coming with a hat, poncho, binoculars, rifle, training droid, helmet, shuttle model, stormtrooper belt, etc. He used a lot of different stuff in that outfit.

I’d prefer a sculpted tunic. They just have to give him similar articulation to RotS Rey where her waist is a ball joint. A blaster and the saber would be enough for me as far as accessories.

Reaction score
For me personally I'd prefer the sculpted plastic tunic just like the Resurgence figure, just slightly short length so he could pose well. For the most part I feel SG's just don't look good/right for certain applications, this being one, remember the shirtless VOTC figure?! :rolleyes:
For the longest time I simply want them to make new legs for the Resurgence figure, but being where we are today with articulation it's going to be all new just like Lobot with weirdly placed torso split. The best think about it it it will look like Luke/Hamill this time around and have better legs, I hope...

As for accessories I'd want floppy hat because it's obvious the old one wouldn't fit the new figure, as well as the poncho. Although I guess I could just repurpose the old one. I don't really need a Saber for Farmboy Luke, though maybe the unlit hilt is fine, and Binoculars. No need for the chest as I already have one. As much as I'd like a definitive with all the accessories that doesn't seem to be the norm with these new figures and we'll likely just get him with the Saber and hilt if that. After all they make Money by reissuing the figure with different accessories down the road so I suspect we'd see them over time at some point unless they just continue to do straight repacks. Or the line ends.

The reason I want more with him is because it will be the last one I purchase of this outfit.

Reaction score
I like soft goods, but would not complain if it wasn’t.
I never owned a land speeder either (Just saying I would like one Hasbro)

Reaction score

I'd prefer soft goods. If done right, of course. And I think I'd be ok with just a lightsaber, a lightsaber hilt and binoculars.
A sculpted tunic would mean no ball-jointed wrists, I believe. Besides, wide sleeves seem to need huge, ugly elbow joints (look at all farmboys since 2007 and the new Lobot, too)

Reaction score

It would have to be a plastic tunic for me. As long as the base figure is good (i.e. it has face printing and all modern articulation points) then I wouldn't mind Hasbro releasing several versions, such as;

- Droid Hunt: Binoculars, rifle, poncho
- Jedi Training: Lightsaber, lightsaber hilt, blast helmet
- Death Star: Stormtrooper belt, E11 blaster

One deluxe release with all of the above would be cool but it'd get expensive for anyone who wants multiples.

Reaction score
Right. The two quotes weren't meant to contradict each other. They were intended as two examples of the same thing.

My point was that the whole idea of there being "confusion" is nonsense. It's basically Lucas revising history by gaslighting the fans, telling them that they didn't actually see what they thought they saw.

Yeah...again, I love George and always will. But his attempt to claim that Greedo always shot first is 100% counter-factual. The only way this could have been more of a Tuco moment for Han is if he actually said "when you have to shoot, shoot -- don't talk."

To get back on topic: we could really use an updated ANH Han and Greedo to better reenact this scene, whether you have Han shooting first or you go full Maclunkey.

Reaction score
It would have to be a plastic tunic for me. As long as the base figure is good (i.e. it has face printing and all modern articulation points) then I wouldn't mind Hasbro releasing several versions, such as;

- Droid Hunt: Binoculars, rifle, poncho
- Jedi Training: Lightsaber, lightsaber hilt, blast helmet
- Death Star: Stormtrooper belt, E11 blaster

One deluxe release with all of the above would be cool but it'd get expensive for anyone who wants multiples.

Barely any of the farmboy Luke figures have checked all of the boxes. There have only been a total of 2 versions of farmboy Luke that included the rifle he uses on Tatooine. The binoculars have turned up in a few releases, including the TSC version that also included a poncho and hat. But that came out in 2006. The TVC Death Star Escape one is okay. The VOTC version is meh. And the TLC Resurgence of the Jedi version is pretty good, but the legs are too short.

It seems like two releases would be okay for the Vintage Collection - a Tatooine farmboy release with the rifle, binoculars and other Tatooine accessories. And a padawan version with his lightsaber, hilt, blast helmet and training remote.

Reaction score
^ yeah that's just it, there are several different version of Farmboy Luke that would need several releases due to the fact accessories are limited these days and we're not going to get an "Ultimate" version. I totally spaced the rifle it's been so long, so we would basically need 1-2 Tatooine Luke figures depending on how you split the accessories up. Then a Millennium Falcon Luke w/helmet, Saber, training remote, and a DSE Luke w/belt and E-11 Blaster

That said, the only one needed on a TVC card is a one basic Tatooine version, all the others could come in another form to not take up slots in TVC. If only they still did battel packs...

Reaction score
Yeah I know this doesn't belong here but I have a MOC Jedi Temple Guard and Darth Plagueis that I be interested in trading for TVC carded figures. Message me if interested

Reaction score
Yeah I know this doesn't belong here but I have a MOC Jedi Temple Guard and Darth Plagueis that I be interested in trading for TVC carded figures. Message me if interested

well...what are you looking for?

Reaction score
^ yeah that's just it, there are several different version of Farmboy Luke that would need several releases due to the fact accessories are limited these days and we're not going to get an "Ultimate" version. I totally spaced the rifle it's been so long, so we would basically need 1-2 Tatooine Luke figures depending on how you split the accessories up. Then a Millennium Falcon Luke w/helmet, Saber, training remote, and a DSE Luke w/belt and E-11 Blaster

That said, the only one needed on a TVC card is a one basic Tatooine version, all the others could come in another form to not take up slots in TVC. If only they still did battel packs...

That's my thinking. If Hasbro create an ace new ANH Luke figure from the ground up, I'd have no problem with several different versions. Aren't there even two vintage card backs they could use, binary sunset and gunner chair? There's your farmboy and Death Star escape releases right there.

Reaction score
anyone have an extra walmart Endor Luke, Tuskin Raider or Death Star droid on beater cards or loose complete they want to get rid of? a friend missed out, and has had no luck.

Reaction score
View attachment 401396
Saw this unique German POTF three pack on a Twitter post the other day. It would be a cool format for Hasbro to emulate in the Vintage Collection to give them an option for mid sized releases in Vintage style packaging.

Repack Mandalorian and IG-11 with the E-WEB maybe.
Or Hoth Han and Chewbacca with a the excellent Forcelink Probe Droid.
Or maybe a couple of clones with a repaint of the Dwarf Spider Droid.
Or Finn and Rey with the Rathtar (hopefully redone not to fall apart so easily)
Lots of novel options with just repaints/repacks.

Have never seen these before - a thrifty way of getting rid of excess figure and vehicle stock at once! I'm sure they were a great value at the time

Reaction score
Would anyone else be interested in getting a Tup figure in TVC? Also Tip Lar and Tip Lee? Aesthetically speaking they are some of the most interesting Jedi imo. I know alot of people are cloned out And I don't blame you but Tup was a catalyst in the entire Clone Wars Plot.
A big YES to all three; the Hasbro of 2021 could do an amazing job on Tip Lar and Tip Lee, too.

Reaction score
IDK, while Tup makes for an interesting character plot wise for that story arc, I'm not sure he makes a great candidate for an action figure compared to so many other Clones.

Reaction score
I don’t remember who Tup is, had to look him up. Yes, I’m a bit cloned out.

I believe the last time we got a Prequel era Jedi in the line was during the 2013-2014 era 3.75” Black Series, with Pablo-Jill and Luminara Unduli.

I’m all for Tiplar and Tiplee, hopefully both at the same time with some intelligent re-use of parts.

We could also use a new version of Plo Koon (now that Hasbro is getting better with soft goods) since the last screen accurate version was all the way back in 2000 for the Power of the Jedi collection, and almost every version is way too short.

I’d also be interested in all-new versions of Ki-Adi-Mundi, Depa Billaba, Adi Gallia, Eeth Koth, and Saesee Tiin.

Reaction score
Would anyone else be interested in getting a Tup figure in TVC? Also Tip Lar and Tip Lee? Aesthetically speaking they are some of the most interesting Jedi imo. I know alot of people are cloned out And I don't blame you but Tup was a catalyst in the entire Clone Wars Plot.
Yes since they look cool but only if the shield wielding clones of their battalion are also made. They made Doom already so they might as well go for all of them.
I'd like more TVC Jedi. Some updates are really needed.

Reaction score
I thought about doing the same but I live so far away that returning them isn't cost effective, I can't see them having anything newish beyond that Wolffe wave anyways.
Bold! I never understood the logic of why a site would offer 'blind' items. Seems like it would just be driving tons of returns into their stores. Unless I wanted every figure in the assortment, and didn't have any other ordering options across the various e-tailers, I don't think I'd ever order in such a way.

The first two figures arrived. In a padded bubble mailer. Nothing special, just a battle droid and a Queen Amidala. I don't even remember how old that repack wave is. They also had the red shipment labels on them, but those were easy to remove. Later this week the next two are supposed to arrive.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Previously rumored Droids TVC figures for Lucasfilm's 50th Anniversary. Target
Target-Icon-18px.png
Exclusive. Each comes with collector's coin.

Available for pre-order beginning tomorrow, September 24th, at 9:00am ET. MSRP is $15.99.

Pre-order links here (not live yet): Boba Fett, C-3PO, R2-D2

Credit figurebrian via Yakface on IG.

TVC Boba Fett (Droids).jpgTVC C-3PO Droids Carded.jpgTVC C-3PO Droids Loose.jpgTVC R2-D2 Droids Carded.jpgTVC R2-D2 Droids Loose.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
They used that garbage Bartoo mold for R2!? Well, since I've no interest in adding Droids figures to my carded collection, these just went from a 'maybe' to 'HARD PASS'.

Cool to see Hasbro dabbling in coins again though. Would absolutely love for them to do POTF cards w/ coins when they get around to doing figures like Amanaman and EV-9D9 for TVC.

Reaction score
IMO Boba Fett is the only one that looks good, likely because it's on the new mold and appears to be slightly different deco/shade than the previous figure.

3PO looks like a stunted mess on the card for some reason, but looks okay loose.

R2 has a nice alternate deco that I would have loved to get, unfortunately they used the wrong mold. The one I dislike the most, not surprised though because it's typical Hasbro to likes to do this type of BS all the time.

Reaction score
BTW, Etain's post states 9 PM, while on Yakface it states 9 AM. Just want to clarify for some of those who might be waiting and potentially miss out!
I hope to get all 3 without incident. They are a fun throwback, nothing more.
Yes, having them MOC is about the only real draw. Too bad they're so darn expensive as it makes for a real tough decision on "worth". Fett is fine because it utilizes the newest mold, but that R2 isn't worth $18+ even if he was panted with silver and gold. lol And 3PO uses that short choppy mold, which again is getting old by today's standards.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Love those Droids figures, Ewok TV series figures next please. 😁

Would have preferred retro styled figures on these cards though....