The Vintage Collection - General Toy Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Interesting. That's kind of what I assumed it would be since those figures already exits and just need repainted for a "Droids" release. But then we heard that was just a coincidence that Droids show was listed on the timeline and had nothing to do with figures coming. While I have no use for another R2 I'd potentially buy 3PO in that Animated color scheme as well as the new Fett figure!

And if it's not related to the show and just hinting at "a" Droid that is coming Chopper does seem logical since he was depicted on the box for Merrick's X-Wing. Or even better Merrick's Droid. lol Q9 seems kind of far fetched at the present for TVC anyway, then again there really is no right time for dead character.

I certainly would like to see more Astromech Droids released from Hasbro as they've seriously gotten behind during the hiatus, and to think they were realty close to finishing off the list from OT.

Chopper getting a VC figure before literally anybody from Rebels would be hilarious and sad.

Reaction score
True, but a figure of him already exists from 2014 and would be very simple and cheap for them to repaint and place on TVC card to appease most collectors. Now they could also mold new articulated legs and add a third wheel while retaining the body/head and still keep costs low but make it feel new and improved, and TBH an all around better version than that basic 3POA figure.

Still it would be inferior to an all new mold that also had the arms in the dome like the Disney version, and I personally would argue for a movable antenna that could swivel around. So Hasbro could also ask them for permission to repack that Droid, though I don't really see that happening.

So in a sense it's feasible to assume we could see Chopper first, there's also reality where most fans likely wouldn't want that old figure reused thus would prefer an all new mold which means he likely come after more popular characters if that ever happens at all.

Reaction score
Yeah, this rumor don't move my needle at all. Didn't have any Droids figures as a kid (I had moved on to G.I. Joe and Transformers by time POTF came out), and if they follow the card designs of the upcoming Clone Wars animated wave, these won't even be reproductions of the vintage Droids cards. I mean, I will buy any astromech build-a-droid (if that's what they use), so I'd be down to pick up one Artoo, but that's probably it.

Reaction score
Mandalorian-Beskar-1.jpg
Armorer-1.jpg
Jawa-Arvala-7-1.jpg

The Mandalorian (Beskar Armor)
The Armorer
Jawa (Arvala-7)

bokatan.jpg
Mythrol2.jpg

Bo-Katan Kryze
Mythrol

f3pps5a8bng61.jpg
6443617cv12d.jpg
SSHOT907625_0.jpg

Cobb Vanth
Q9-0
Darktrooper

Boba Fett and Fennec Shand can be released later with The Book Of Boba Fett series, same thing goes for Ahsoka Tano, Luke I rather wait for the ROTJ, but I would love to see a Sand People and R2-D2 too.

Luke-Skywalker-Jedi-Knight-1.jpg
Tusken-Raider-2021-1.jpg
R2-D2-1.jpg

Reaction score
ST outdoing ROTJ? Not a chance...grumpy people need to forget about the Ewoks and focus on how it was a perfect 3rd chapter to (at the time) end the franchise. ROTJ is probably underrated by a lot of fans for various reasons. I think it's some of Hamill's best acting too.

Overall film goer score, surprisingly yes. ROTJ is my personal favorite of the entire saga. I never understood the Ewok hate. But yeah, some of the ST films place above ROTJ according to modern scores.

Reaction score
Overall film goer score, surprisingly yes. ROTJ is my personal favorite of the entire saga. I never understood the Ewok hate. But yeah, some of the ST films place above ROTJ according to modern scores.

You know what’s a bummer about both the OT and the ST? By the time the main character gets awesome, that’s it. I know I’m not alone in wanting to see more of Luke as an actual Jedi, and I want to see Rey in action with the yellow lightsaber!

bac

Reaction score
^ Not getting to see Rey yield the Yellow Lightsaber and presumably rebuild the Jedi, or Finn go off to explore the Force, is certainly a bummer.

It's a little over 5 weeks until PulseCon. Was I hearing things when I thought Patrick said there's another SW stream before this month over?

Reaction score
You know what’s a bummer about both the OT and the ST? By the time the main character gets awesome, that’s it. I know I’m not alone in wanting to see more of Luke as an actual Jedi, and I want to see Rey in action with the yellow lightsaber!

^ Not getting to see Rey yield the Yellow Lightsaber and presumably rebuild the Jedi, or Finn go off to explore the Force, is certainly a bummer.

It's a little over 5 weeks until PulseCon. Was I hearing things when I thought Patrick said there's another SW stream before this month over?

Yes! Absolutely. ALTHOUGH, I do like the FINALITY that I felt from TROS. The war is over. The Galaxy is at peace, and it will remain so. I LOVE the ending of that film. Even though I really dislike it as a whole.

Something I never truly enjoyed about the EU, was the endless war and conflict. I get it, it's Star WARS. And if you want to make money telling more stories, you need conflict. But between ROTJ and the second coming of Vader in Cadeus, the Galaxy was seemingly always mortal danger and rebuilding from a new conflict. So every time I started a new series and the books would re-introduce Luke, Leia and Han at in their golden years all I could think of was "Jesus when are they going to retire?". I mean Luke went super sayian against a god. It jumped the shark. And the issue was two-fold. One part was Lucas mandating that the big 3 were untouchable and unchangeable (It's why Chewbacca was killed off rather than anyone who spoke English/Basic) and the other was Lucasfilm just not having the ***** to MOVE ON and pass the torch to the next generation they had spent so long building up.

So something that I STILL LOVE about the Disney EU is that between ROTJ and the second coming of Vader in Kylo is that there was really only ONE major conflict (so far of course, that could change), The Battle of Jakku. The Empire was seemingly crushed and they scattered like roaches to rebuild in the dark for 30 years. During that time you had conflict and battle, yes. But the galaxy wasn't being torn a new one every few years. The big three actually got to enjoy their peace and prosper. Luke's academy and Leia and Han's marriage only fell apart shortly before The Force Awakens.

They , and the entire galaxy, had 30 years of prosperity. And the little glimpses we've seen of that in the new "EU" have been fantastic.

Reaction score
As their post indicates, it's a photoshop'd image. The card art is the Hot Toys animated Fett with a filter over it. Decent 'shop, but not real.
boba-fett-animation-version_star-wars_gallery_5c4d14867db35.jpg

Reaction score
As their post indicates, it's a photoshop'd image. The card art is the Hot Toys animated Fett with a filter over it. Decent 'shop, but not real.
boba-fett-animation-version_star-wars_gallery_5c4d14867db35.jpg
I’m sure target will some day get a “Droids” colored version of Fett now.

Reaction score

Rey getting her yellow lightsaber at the end is the equivalent of unlocking the best weapon in the game after you beat it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is why people lost their minds when they saw the ending of RO and the ending of S2 Mando. The best Vader action and best Luke action we've ever gotten. I would have immediately signed Sebastian Stan to star in a Luke Skywalker series or movie and make it about Luke and Grogu. Or post RO they should have immediately greenlit a PURGE movie or series. Why mess around with Andor and Kenobi... (well Kenobi could be awesome... man I hope) when they have those 2 scenes to build off of.

Reaction score
N

Not true, the ST doesn't even touch the top 300 films on IMDB, with thousands of reviews in on each film. All the OT films are in the top 60 (15, 25, 57 respectively) and even with ROTJ being the lowest rated out of the 3, it's still leaps higher than the highest rated ST, which is TFA.

Reaction score
This is why people lost their minds when they saw the ending of RO and the ending of S2 Mando. The best Vader action and best Luke action we've ever gotten. I would have immediately signed Sebastian Stan to star in a Luke Skywalker series or movie and make it about Luke and Grogu. Or post RO they should have immediately greenlit a PURGE movie or series. Why mess around with Andor and Kenobi... (well Kenobi could be awesome... man I hope) when they have those 2 scenes to build off of.

Luke deserves his own FILM(S), not a series. I see that as a disrespect to his character - say what you will about Mando, I love it and all, but nothing is more universally loved or seen as cinema. It reaches further and heightens the impact. Baby Yoda is global, but as a series, Mando is still very niche. If Disney thought it advisable to make a movie solely about stealing the Death Star plans, I'm pretty sure Luke's adventures post-ROTJ and Jedi Order deserve the cinematic treatment A LOT more.

Reaction score
Luke deserves his own FILM(S), not a series. I see that as a disrespect to his character - say what you will about Mando, I love it and all, but nothing is more universally loved or seen as cinema. It reaches further and heightens the impact. Baby Yoda is global, but as a series, Mando is still very niche. If Disney thought it advisable to make a movie solely about stealing the Death Star plans, I'm pretty sure Luke's adventures post-ROTJ and Jedi Order deserve the cinematic treatment A LOT more.
A MAJOR problem with the ST is how they treated the actors. Even IF they decided to do more with Rey and Fin, how likely are those actors to reprise the roles? My stance is that there are some great characters that just have nothing great to do. Poe was a washout in the last film for the most part as well. Give someone that loves Star Wars those characters and a clean slate, and They could make a great film.

Luke should have been the focal point of the Force awakens, If the story was told from his point of view with flashbacks, People would have eaten it up.

Reaction score
I'll never forget Mark's criticism at ROTJ ending his characters story, claiming "It's like 007 only just getting his licence to kill and ending it there!"

there are a ton of adventures that can be envisioned for Luke to go on, his character has barely been scratched.

Reaction score
If the figure loos lie that I will definitely pass, too bright and the wrong shade of blue/green. Also they forgot to include his electro staff in that photoshop image. Which makes me curious will they sculpt a new one ore reuse the old one, or not include it at all?

Yes! Absolutely. ALTHOUGH, I do like the FINALITY that I felt from TROS. The war is over. The Galaxy is at peace, and it will remain so. I LOVE the ending of that film. Even though I really dislike it as a whole.
You could say the dame for ROTJ though, and if it weren't for the fact a Company wanted to rake in more cash it likely would have remained so. I never liked the aspect of constant conflict either but at least the EU gave us a more logical result of a power vacuum from the death of the Emperor and Vader leaving the Empire fractured and in factions. To me that was a far kore interesting story than the FO rise to power, because it simply a rehash of the OT with a Darkside user in control of a military force creating fear and control across the Galaxy. Since we never got "new canon" stories told in-between ROTJ and the ST it essentially feels useless because you truly don't understand anyone's reason for being here.

Frankly I don't think you can really tell a Star Wars story without some aspect of war, even if you were to tell a strict Jedi story you'd have conflict with either the Sith or some type of opposing force. It's the nature of movies to have good vs. bad, and it seems like either the World, Galaxy or Universe always has to be at risk. Could we as fans, or even the general audience enjoy just a simple adventure story with no major threat from Star Wars?

TBH I don't think Disney is ever going to give us a genuine fundamental Star Wars Movie, they lack the ability to simply tell good stories without some real world forced BS that doesn't really belong in Fantasy movie. Which is the same reason Star Trek doesn't isn't good and doesn't work anymore, the people in charge fundamentally don't get the source martial and are too caught up in pushing inclusion that might look good on paper but doesn't in actuality. Why would a blind person even be on a Starship when in their era and level of advancement blindness would likely have been cured? Even now we're on the very early forefront of that achievement. I understand the inclusion premise and it does have its place in real world applications, but I don't see how rounding up just anyone and everyone to crew an advanced Starship makes any sense. It's like they're writing for a show that would take place here and now on Earth with limited understanding instead of for an era where Humankind has advanced into the stars formed a federation of many species and overcome all those old way of thinking.

All that said, it is a shame that the limited few good aspects about the ST have essentially been left with nowhere to go. Would I care to see a new trilogy centered on Rey and her rebuilding the Jedi Order? Likely not, it just left me uninterested due to the way they handled it. IMO Rey needs a lot of learning herself before she become the one to teach others about the Force, not to mention I feel like she'll just end up going down the same path Luke did because they are basically the same coming form two Darkside user lineage. So in 30 years she'll end up becoming the new Empress with Finn as her No2. lol

Speaking of I wouldn't have minded seeing Fin discover his Force potential, then again without a teacher or someone to guide him it feels like another failure path. And what would they really center the movie on, just him learning? And who would be the adversary, why would he be fighting them? Either of these two characters would really need to have interactions with a past colleague of Luke's old academy possibly Kyle Katarn or Mara Jade in order to rebuild the Jedi Order IMO, otherwise it would feel unearned in a way. I feel they should try to focus on new stories and characters and try to move on form them because they will always have the stigma carried over from the ST.

Reaction score
droids....hmmm..... what if 2/3 are finally Aphra's 2 droids, you know, the 2 from the 3 pack that hadn't yet been rereleased...0-0-0 and BT-1--- no-one thought of these 2?

I would love if BT and 000 were made widely available, either individually carded or in a re-release of the exclusive set (I never picked up Dr. Aphra). I vacillate a lot between biting the bullet and spending the better part of $100 on that 3pk vs customizing the characters with a spare C-3PO and R5-D4 I have.

Aphra and her droids are really expensive in the 6" scale, too. :cry:

Yak confirming who the Droids figures are:

Very cool! I will have to pre-order these. I've been thinking about re-painting my Galaxy of Adventures (5") Artoo and Threepio with Droids color schemes...GOA Boba too, when I get around to picking him up. I think it would fit the "animated" aesthetic of those figures.

In regards to the Sequel Trilogy; I really don't get the hate for The Last Jedi - why do so many loathe "what it did to Luke?" I can't think of a better way for one of the greatest heroes of cinema to go out.

Luke falls into the same trap his father did (trying to stop an event from happening creates it) and becomes disillusioned (as many idealists do when confronted with adversity), but redeems himself with his compassion for Ben (who took everything away from him) and one of the greatest displays of Force power ever seen in the Star Wars films or spinoff materials.

Luke appearing on Crait wasn't just a mind-trick; he was visible to C-3PO and the targeting scanners of the First Order, so he actually "manifested" himself across the galaxy. Luke literally became....a Sky Walker! Then died under the light of two setting suns, bringing his story full circle.

Also...

Rey being a "nobody" - what's the problem here? Who could she have been related to in the Star Wars saga that would have any kind of dramatic impact? When Vader is revealed as Luke's father in Empire, it wows you because he's an existing part of Luke's life - his nemesis, the murderer of his mentor and (supposedly) his father.

If Rey is a descendent of Obi-Wan, Palpatine or whomever, I say "meh" because she's never had anything to do with those characters. But as a "nobody" myself, I relate to her coming from humble beginnings.

Snoke's death or lack of "character" development - I guarantee you absolutely no thought was put into Snoke during the writing of The Force Awakens; he's a knockoff Palpatine created by JJ Abrams, who can't do anything but rehash and tickle nostalgia (note the best film in the Star Trek "reboot trilogy" is the one he had the least involvement with).

So you're not missing anything by Snoke getting "killed too soon, with no development" in TLJ. It opens up room for Kylo Ren to become the "big bad" and tempt the hero - an idea teased in the original trilogy, when Vader asks Luke to join him in defeating the Emperor.

You know who had little to no backstory or character development, either? The Emperor in Return of the Jedi.

*If you don't like TLJ or the sequel trilogy, fine - but don't assume that "all of fandom" hates them too, or that the films are "universally loathed." Consider that a lot of people who do like the sequels are just tired of arguing about Star Wars after two decades. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven’t seen anything Star Wars 3.75” at any retailers in well over 6 months. My gut tells me Hasbro makes all its money on bayblades and stuff and has totally ceded the arena to Lego.

Reaction score
Star Wars is definitely not Hasbro's main money maker anymore, but sales are still good (thanks mostly to all the various e-tailers), or else they wouldn't be making new product anymore.

bac

Reaction score
Star Wars is still mentioned as a premium or marquee brand by Hasbro. Grogu gave it a nice lift as well.

I feel like we're living through "The Rise of TVC" right now with how the line has expanded this year and where it's headed.

Reaction score
Agreed. I feel like Hasbro is starting to throw more weight behind TVC, and has learned from the error of their ways during the ST years. However, whether or not brick and mortar decides to get back onboard remains to be seen. Considering my closest Walmart got rid of their Star Wars section completely, I would say retail will continue to get worse before it starts to get better.

Reaction score
Luke deserves his own FILM(S), not a series. I see that as a disrespect to his character - say what you will about Mando, I love it and all, but nothing is more universally loved or seen as cinema.
This would have been something I agreed with in most decades, but definitely not the current one. I think most audiences resonate with television and streaming more at this point. Theaters to the average person are just where they go see Marvel and Fast and Furious once every few months. Not the case for me, I always prefer movies to TV and I went to the theater very often before COVID and rarely to see Marvel movies and never to a Fast and Furious movie, but I realize I'm the minority at this point. And with COVID it's only gonna get worse cause people have gotten used to just streaming new movies for the past year.