The Vintage Collection - General Toy Discussion Thread

Reaction score
An interesting idea for sure, but I think it would then make it cost prohibitive for a basic card release. It does bring up the aspect if they ever do decide to make an all new EV-99 will they include the opening mouth feature that was present on the Vintage figure, or just forget that ever existed? And would Collectors even want such a thing today? After all it would likely interfere with the neck joint somehow same as R1 Pau figure.

Reaction score
An interesting idea for sure, but I think it would then make it cost prohibitive for a basic card release. It does bring up the aspect if they ever do decide to make an all new EV-99 will they include the opening mouth feature that was present on the Vintage figure, or just forget that ever existed? And would Collectors even want such a thing today? After all it would likely interfere with the neck joint somehow same as R1 Pau figure.

Yes we want the opening mouth feature. The Lobot eyes would work as well. Let's have some fun with these toys.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Unless you already have VC23 and borrowed the poncho from a previous version of Endor Luke, which most of already did considering the gap in time since we've seen one.

Reaction score
I'm assuming that the X-Wing and Emperor will be the last TVC for this year. The next wave and the 4-pack will be out in '22. I guess we'll find out on Wednesday.

bac

Reaction score
1. X-Wing
2. Emperor/Teebo/Lando/IG-11 wave
3. Emperor Throne Room
4. Possible Periwinkle at Target
5. Carbonized Collection Part Deux
6. Could be more holiday Walmart exclusives like last year's Incinerator Trooper or Mando Build-Up Pack, but no evidence yet

Reaction score
We'll see who Periwinkle is very soon on the 8th I imagine.
Who do you think it is?

I'm still hoping it is Sim Aloo, to go with the upcoming Emperor. Maybe it's Thrawn. Another idea of who it could be is a repainted Mando into the Death Watch trooper.

bac

Reaction score
If Periwinkle is a Target exclusive then it's' a repaint. I lean toward a clone trooper.

Reaction score
Unless you already have VC23 and borrowed the poncho from a previous version of Endor Luke, which most of already did considering the gap in time since we've seen one.

The Face is better on the new Walmart one. That's what's important to me. Yeah the hat being non removable kinds sucks, but they nailed the face. At least on mine.

Reaction score
We'll see who Periwinkle is very soon on the 8th I imagine.
Who do you think it is?

I'm still hoping it is Sim Aloo, to go with the upcoming Emperor. Maybe it's Thrawn. Another idea of who it could be is a repainted Mando into the Death Watch trooper.

If it were Sim Aloo, that would be a nice change for the Original 96 push, as most of the recent exclusives aren't exactly exciting new figures. I get that TVC is partially a repack line at this point, but I think fans are hungry for new sculpts of OT characters as well, not just slight retools for Hasbro to cash in on. They make it seem like they're doing us a favor by putting out repaints & retools, but we're really doing them the favor by purchasing them - its almost pure profit, while we're not getting much in return.

Reaction score
Some random thoughts here....

With EE pushing back my Ahsohka and Darth Maul until March, I have no preorders of figures due for the rest of this year. Almost four months with nothing expected (at this point). The next pre-order I have is the Amazon Bad Batch set in January and then Bo Katan and friends in February.

That is a long time until the next wave of figures come up. I guess there is the possibility that either the Emperor's Throne or whatever the Target periwinkle figure is could show up before the end of the year. It just seems like it will be a while to get some more TVC goodness at this point.

Reaction score
Some random thoughts here....

With EE pushing back my Ahsohka and Darth Maul until March, I have no preorders of figures due for the rest of this year. Almost four months with nothing expected (at this point). The next pre-order I have is the Amazon Bad Batch set in January and then Bo Katan and friends in February.

That is a long time until the next wave of figures come up. I guess there is the possibility that either the Emperor's Throne or whatever the Target periwinkle figure is could show up before the end of the year. It just seems like it will be a while to get some more TVC goodness at this point.
Something should head our way for the holiday season...

Reaction score
Not sure if you have some inside information or you are just being hopeful. Either way, I will join in with the enthusiasm!
Hopeful, but every year it seems I am chasing something during Christmas season. Last year it was the Incinerator troopers, and Din Djarin in two scales.

Reaction score
The interesting thing is that the final wave always seems to get pushed into the next year so nothing new here if it happens again, but the wait times for something new is certainly having an affect.

Reaction score
The interesting thing is that the final wave always seems to get pushed into the next year so nothing new here if it happens again, but the wait times for something new is certainly having an affect.
last year the Mando Beskar wave squeaked in just before Christmas.

bac

Reaction score
The shipping/port issues have made this year wholly unpredictable.

We could get the Emperor wave sneaking in by year's end in following the Maul wave delays.

Or, the Emperor's wave could show up within the next 6-8 weeks and the Bo-Katan wave squeaks in before Christmas.

Reaction score
Any guesses? I wonder if it's going to be a vintage Slave I? The whole chalk and blackboard thing? Doubtful though.

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
The Armorer (Carbonized Collection).
Walmart-Icon-18px.png
Exclusive in the U.S. & Canada, Fan-Channel Exclusive in the U.K.

Available for pre-order beginning October 7th. On shelf Fall 2021. MSRP is $18.99.

Press Images

VC-The-Armorer-Carbonized-Carded-Resized.jpg
VC-The-Armorer-Carbonized-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

VC-The-Armorer-Carbonized-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
VC-The-Armorer-Carbonized-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

VC-The-Armorer-Carbonized-Loose-4-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
VC-The-Armorer-Carbonized-Carded.jpg

VC-The-Armorer-Carbonized-Loose-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Incinerator Trooper (Carbonized Collection).
Walmart-Icon-18px.png

Available for pre-order beginning October 7th. On shelf Fall 2021. MSRP is $18.99.

Press Images

VC-Incinerator-Trooper-Carbonized-Carded-Resized.jpg
VC-Incinerator-Trooper-Carbonized-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

VC-Incinerator-Trooper-Carbonized-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
VC-Incinerator-Trooper-Carbonized-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
VC-Incinerator-Trooper-Carbonized-Carded.jpg

VC-Incinerator-Trooper-Carbonized-Loose-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Moff Gideon (Carbonized Collection).
Walmart-Icon-18px.png

Press Images

VC-Moff-Gideon-Carbonized-Carded-Resized.jpg
VC-Moff-Gideon-Carbonized-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

VC-Moff-Gideon-Carbonized-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
VC-Moff-Gideon-Carbonized-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

VC-Moff-Gideon-Carbonized-Loose-4-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
VC-Moff-Gideon-Carbonized-Carded.jpg

VC-Moff-Gideon-Carbonized-Loose-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Shoretrooper (Carbonized Collection). First time this will be available on a Mandalorian cardback.
Walmart-Icon-18px.png

Press Images

VC-Shoretrooper-Carbonized-Carded-Resized.jpg
VC-Shoretrooper-Carbonized-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

VC-Shoretrooper-Carbonized-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
VC-Shoretrooper-Carbonized-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

VC-Shoretrooper-Carbonized-Loose-4-Resized.jpg
VC-Shoretrooper-Carbonized-Loose-5-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
VC-Shoretrooper-Carbonized-Carded.jpg

VC-Shoretrooper-Carbonized-Loose-1.jpg

Last edited: